Goon
Goon

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:56 am

Post by RyanK »

In post 675, Vedith wrote:
In post 674, RyanK wrote:Put what?
I don't know, anything by now.
The game is at stand still.
It is. Nothing to move on with, except for hiplop's case. Could he possibly be refaining from giving us answers on purpose? It would really keep the game in a standstill if he does so.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:16 am

Post by RyanK »

I read the past posts earlier and have found nothing. Don't know about you guys, but maybe we should just revert back to random voting, but if something alignment indicative is found, post it, so that we could move on with another player instead of just hiplop (what I would call inefficient scum-hunting).

Still have got to thank God on this standstill though, if it wasn't for it, I may not be disciplined enough to stop playing this game and finish up my work.

Although a standstill may be good for me on that part, don't worry, with some guidance I should be able to refain myself (hopefully).
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:31 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

If anything, Hiplop is even scummier for allowing this delay to go on so long. The fact that there hasn't been a hammer yet also tells me he's scum.

I'd welcome more discuss, but I'd welcome intent and a claim even more.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 678, Maverick1102 wrote:The fact that there hasn't been a hammer yet also tells me he's scum.
:up: :up:
Nail, meet head.
I claim scum \o/
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:50 am

Post by Firebringer »

Dragon Training Tip #19. Training breaks. Your dragon will need breaks from training, I suggest sundays. Because sundays are my rest days from doing flavor. Which is convenient because this training advice is also basically a break from actually teaching you anything about dragons.

Vote Count 2.04

Reso (L-4):
Vedith (L-4):
Vaxkiller(L-4):
RyanK (L-4):
innocentvillager (L-3): RyanK,
Maverick1102 (L-4):
hiplop (L-1): Vaxkiller, Vedith, Maverick1102,

Not Voting (3): Reso, innocentvillager, hiplop,

With 7 Alive, It Takes 4 to Lynch

Day 2 Ends In (expired on 2016-08-15 02:00:00)

Mod Notes: Hiplop has been prodded
Last edited by Firebringer on Mon Aug 08, 2016 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:01 am

Post by reso »

Do we at least want to wait until tomorrow, which is when IV returns to the game (hopefully)? I'm willing to make Monday the final deadline for the both of them.

I'm going out to meet a friend, and I won't be back until late at night. US west coast, by the way. If there has been discussion about my proposed deadline and the general consensus agrees on a Monday deadline for both hiplop and IV, I will wait until then, but if there hasn't been said discussion, I am willing to hammer hiplop when I come back from my day with my friend.

It really irks me that, when it comes down to it, a policy lynch for lack of attendance is going to be happening to the IC of all people. I feel like there won't be much gained from PL'ing hiplop, even if he turns out to be scum. As previously stated during RQS(?), I don't like a lack of attendance is a sign of scum, but just a sign of bad play. As such, because of a lack of interaction with others, even if he does turn out to be scum, what info would we get out it doing a hiplop PL?

Most important, please discuss the possibility of the Monday deadline, and I will be back later today. PEACE.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Vedith »

His attendance isn't what's scummy.
This is not a policy lynch at all. Policy lynches are always bad, no matter what.
This is a lynch because he's holding information back from us even when he is at L1. Town HipLop knows better than that.
I claim scum \o/
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:12 am

Post by reso »

Hmmm... Okay. I can understand that reasoning. I can stand by it as well. It never occurred to me that that is another way of looking a lack of attendance/playing (I realize that you just said that his attendance isn't what makes him scummy, but this is just a way for me to simplify it in my head). Your thoughts on the Monday deadline?
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Town-aligned PR's would have no reason to with-hold information, or softclaim without being at L-1 which is what I caught onto. The fact that he's softing looks like Scum!Hiplop trying to lay down crumbs to offset his lynch and now that he has been called out on it is delaying the game and hoping attention shifts elsewhere.

By stifling discussion, not only does he lessen our chance of finding his partner, he also prevents himself from slipping anymore.

This strategy cannot possibly be town-aligned and as such we need to eliminate Hiplop. I'm happy to wait until Monday, but I really want to see what the claim is from Hiplop.

Ninja'd: Happy to wait but would prefer activity from Hiplop and someone to declare intent.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Vedith »

Well, we still have 7 days, so there really is no reason to rush it overall.
I'm happy to wait for IV. What concerns me is IV is V/LA. Now, he's not on Vacation, so limited access, and yet nothing.
Could be because he genuinely can't get on, but I can see this as a drawn out tactic.

We'll see tomorrow if the excuses pile on.
I claim scum \o/
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 am

Post by reso »

I have declared intent. If people are in disagree with the Monday deadline, I will hammer hiplop when I come back from my visit (which I am now late for T_T). If even by the end of Monday, hiplop does not contribute, I will hammer hiplop, even if IV does contribute.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Vedith »

The other argument is - As scum, if he thinks he's on his way out, why not claim and draw out a role.
Scum have a general idea of what the setup is (along with the PR(s)).

The crumb he gave I feel was weak enough to give other reasons to a counter claim, but strong enough to draw one out.

I just want to make that clear.
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 686, reso wrote:I have declared intent. If people are in disagree with the Monday deadline, I will hammer hiplop when I come back from my visit (which I am now late for T_T). If even by the end of Monday, hiplop does not contribute, I will hammer hiplop, even if IV does contribute.
If there is conversation happening with either HipLop or IV when you go to hammer, just don't hammer.
Other than that, I have no issues.
I claim scum \o/
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

Very surprised at this set of play from hiplop. Although on one hand I townread them earlier heavily, I can't help but to feel in my gut and following the above logic that he is scum whom we should lynch, find his partner and home for
tea and medals!
XOXO

Town!hiplop wouldn't play like this. Only a scum mindset would seek to deprive us of information. Why he's silent I don't know but I don't particularly see it is changing my view. Nor do I see any other lynch target today given the day's events.

Ninja'd: Yeah I'm happy to wait for IV and the V/LA is NAI. Everyone has lives outside the site so activity during V/LA is NAI and I doubt even Scum!IV would twist the V/LA mechanics to his own end like that.

Ninja'd: Yeah basically PR hunting isn't anything Town!Hiplop would do, but the wording he used suggested he was softing an investigative role which simply isn't something Town!Hiplop would do. He'd want to avoid claiming if possible and at L-2 when it happened it was out of the blue and unneccessary.

Ninja'd: LET ME POST. But yeah I kinda half-agree with that but it could lead to scum potentially setting up a ML
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:25 am

Post by reso »

In post 688, Vedith wrote:If there is conversation happening with either HipLop or IV when you go to hammer, just don't hammer.
My POV on this was that even if there was discussion and even then hiplop was not contributing, then he might as well be disposed of.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:29 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 689, Maverick1102 wrote:Town!Hiplop
Do you have experience with HipLop?
I claim scum \o/
Maverick1102
Maverick1102
Goon
Maverick1102
Goon
Goon

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Maverick1102 »

No, but even if I did I wouldn't incorporate it into a case. Meta is changeable. People can be aware of and play against their own meta and so I wholeheartedly disagree with metanalysis.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 692, Maverick1102 wrote:No, but even if I did I wouldn't incorporate it into a case. Meta is changeable. People can be aware of and play against their own meta and so I wholeheartedly disagree with metanalysis.
It depends. I've had many games which a few people and not once have they changed their meta.
I thought that you were agreeing that HipLop wouldn't hold information as town. This is why I wondered if you had experience with him as well.
I claim scum \o/
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:15 am

Post by hiplop »

Sorry about that. I made a post that apparently got lost in the site outages.
In post 666, Maverick1102 wrote:I'm confused. Maybe hiplop has a gut read or something but to drop a statement like that is pretty ballsy without backing it up can only really come from scum. Can't see why he'd say anything like that when not even at L-1. Other than an investigative role which isn't something i'm thinking hiplop has given his play so far I can only see Scum!Hiplop. Pretty sure on that and I'd welcome an intent to hammer.
Wise to not dwell on this too much. I have a pretty strong reason, all I'm gonna say :]

In post 669, reso wrote:y u maek promise and break? bro, totes not kewl.
I said game day. As in like Day 3
In post 681, reso wrote:It really irks me that, when it comes down to it, a policy lynch for lack of attendance is going to be happening to the IC of all people. I feel like there won't be much gained from PL'ing hiplop, even if he turns out to be scum. As previously stated during RQS(?), I don't like a lack of attendance is a sign of scum, but just a sign of bad play. As such, because of a lack of interaction with others, even if he does turn out to be scum, what info would we get out it doing a hiplop PL?
This is not a good way to look at things. If I'm being wagonned for not being here much (which seems like it?) it is kinda faulty reasoning to me. My reads are transparent, its obvious what I think on the game.
In post 682, Vedith wrote:This is a lynch because he's holding information back from us even when he is at L1. Town HipLop knows better than that.
Town hiplop knows to not say anything that doesn't need to be said and town vedith should realize that. Cool? COOL.
In post 684, Maverick1102 wrote:Town-aligned PR's would have no reason to with-hold information, or softclaim without being at L-1 which is what I caught onto. The fact that he's softing looks like Scum!Hiplop trying to lay down crumbs to offset his lynch and now that he has been called out on it is delaying the game and hoping attention shifts elsewhere.
Role fishing is somethign that only benefits scum. Don't make assumptions.
In post 689, Maverick1102 wrote:Town!hiplop wouldn't play like this. Only a scum mindset would seek to deprive us of information. Why he's silent I don't know but I don't particularly see it is changing my view. Nor do I see any other lynch target today given the day's events.
Scum have a bunch of question marks on their boxes. They don't know what is what, and I would strongly prefer we cut this talk. It doesn't benefit town in
any
way.
In post 689, Maverick1102 wrote:Ninja'd: Yeah basically PR hunting isn't anything Town!Hiplop would do, but the wording he used suggested he was softing an investigative role which simply isn't something Town!Hiplop would do. He'd want to avoid claiming if possible and at L-2 when it happened it was out of the blue and unneccessary.
Still not getting it, are you?
third best scummer of all time
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 694, hiplop wrote:Town hiplop knows to not say anything that doesn't need to be said and town vedith should realize that. Cool? COOL.
Okay, so in your point of view, who should be lynching today?
I claim scum \o/
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 9:20 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 664, Vaxkiller wrote:Now for hip-hop. Does anyone really think his comment was not a claim? Why else would say something like that? Why would town drop that bomb without being specifically being asked about it??? he says no bomb then refuses to talk about it... honestly hiplop, what do you expect responsible town members to do? Blindly follow you?
1. hope everything is okay with you!

2. I think you're scum, unfortunately. There was no bomb, the insesent push that I have revealed some role thing really is only coming from two people. The interesting thing here is the dichotomy between what Reso is saying the case on me is, and what people like Vax/Maverick are saying. They are trying to dig and figure out who the power roles are. I think Mavericks comes from a place of fiery vengeance, but Vax seems much more willing to subtly pry at the information to figure out who is what. This to me comes off as scum trying to figure out who to shoot tonight.

VOTE: vax
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by reso »

In post 694, hiplop wrote:I said game day. As in like Day 3
Are you seriously suggesting that we should give you a bye for the entirety of Day 2, considering that even to this point, you are the IC of this game and for the most part, you've been extremely quiet and thus un-helpful with the progression of this game?
In post 694, hiplop wrote:My reads are transparent, its obvious what I think on the game.
I would beg to differ.

In Post #372, you thought that Vaxkiller was scum, but failed to 'find the words as to why'. Until your most recent vote onto Vaxkiller, you've been unable to give us a reason as to why you thought Vax was scum until then.

In Post #485, you claimed to have a scumread on Phantom, and also claimed that you think that Maverick's case was pretty airtight (not so much anymore). You relied on the words of another individual (Maverick) to explain your reason, thus masking your own intentions/reasonings. I try to make my own posts about my reasons even if that means saying something that's already been said before. At least then, I can claim my words as my own.
reso
reso
Goon
reso
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by reso »

While your reads may have been clear, the reasoning behind them have been anything but.
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Sun Aug 07, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by hiplop »

Hm...you're right. Fair enough. I should have done a better job of explaining.

I shall work on that

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”