Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Genji »

In post 803, DoctorPepper wrote:Sure.

VOTE: Shadow

Hows that.

I'd also want an Engineer lynch
Why does it seem like you want to lynch anyone and everyone but yourself?
You reek of just pure survivalism.

Can you explain your scumreads more than just "They are voting me?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:16 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 823, Shadow_step wrote:It's completely opportunistic and wants to save random/ dp for future mislynches.
I want to lynch random now, but nobody else seems to be listening. If you're willing to vote obvscum with me, then let's fucking do it, but I saw you (apparently double-voting) on obvtown, so yeah, wasn't holding my breath any longer.

We have two days left. You've been a moderate scum read for a while now. I'm settling for you, because it looks like the alternative is lynching DoctorPepper, who is town.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Genji
Genji
Goon
Genji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Genji »

In post 826, podoboq wrote:
In post 823, Shadow_step wrote:It's completely opportunistic and wants to save random/ dp for future mislynches.
I want to lynch random now, but nobody else seems to be listening. If you're willing to vote obvscum with me, then let's fucking do it, but I saw you (apparently double-voting) on obvtown, so yeah, wasn't holding my breath any longer.

We have two days left. You've been a moderate scum read for a while now. I'm settling for you, because it looks like the alternative is lynching DoctorPepper, who is town.
I would lynch random.
VOTE: Randomidget

I still think doctorpepper is likely scum though.
I don't know where this shadow wagon is coming from but it seems like last minute scramble to counter a scum wagon.
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Foxbird »

Oh my god I actually canNOT read.
Disregard my last post.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I was voting paladin, wth ?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 829, Shadow_step wrote:

I was voting paladin, wth ?
You're right. I missed that you got off DoctorPepper.

Building a small case right now.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 827, Genji wrote:

I would lynch random.
VOTE: Randomidget

I still think doctorpepper is likely scum though.
I don't know where this shadow wagon is coming from but it seems like last minute scramble to counter a scum wagon.
VOTE: randommidget
This wagon is much better
Genji
Genji
Goon
Genji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Genji »

I don't understand the town reads off Doctor Pepper.
Right now role spec, he is at a null.
Activity and attempts to game solve he isn't doing much in terms of actually sorting out what people are thinking and finding out motivations. He views everyone as a enemy, while this can be how some town act. Its very lazy and anti town behavior.

I haven't seen him do much besides get defensive to his situation and calling anyone pressuring him scum.
I feel my reasoning for scumreading him is confirmation biased a bit, but the appeals to not lynching him based on just him "not being active and not doing much" is him realizing how bad he has been playing and trying to play the low hanging fruit card on himself.

I don't see any strong reason anyone can town read him.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Shadow_step »

DP should be vigged for the sanity of town.
Not worth wasting a lynch over.
I'd still prefer a paladin lynch.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 106, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 93, springlullaby wrote:
In post 53, Tracer wrote:That's my line!
Ok, I have a question for you Tracer, did you create your account before or after receiving your role PM?
This post is so bad, it's paranoid scum trying to look busy.

VOTE: Spring
This post is weird, and pinged me. Voting you for it so early would have been dumb (looking at your, DrPep), but that doesn't mean it isn't problematic when viewed in hindsight, especially considering that SpringLullaby obvtowned in her replace out.
In post 175, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 152, DoctorPepper wrote:Uhm I havent been able to keep up because of work and playing actual overwatch, can someone fill me in?
Yes, the fact that you're scum.

VOTE: Pepper
Your read on Pepper is shitty and omgus.
In post 622, Shadow_step wrote:DP is still my top scum read, but I'm having 2nd thoughts about their alignment.
Too scummy to be scum sort.
As others have pointed out, this is almost always bad.
In post 758, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 752, podoboq wrote:{Vedith, Shadow_Step, The Engineer} - A little bit scummy
reason for me being there?
Missed this originally. I'm glad I'm getting to it now.

Other things that I couldn't find just one quote to display: WAY too much vote hopping. Seriously, shadow seems to be jumping anywhere it might receive momentum, just feeling out what town wants to do, and seeing what sticks. Also, I haven't seen any legit scumhunting out of his slot. All of his reasons to scumread people are trash.

One more thing, hated and Torbjorn? Can someone explain the flavor behind why Torbjorn would be hated? Like, I trust that he's hated because reading through his ISO, he responds to the turret talk in a way that suggests it's his, but I don't get hated.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:30 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 832, Genji wrote:I don't understand the town reads off Doctor Pepper.
Right now role spec, he is at a null.

Activity and attempts to game solve he isn't doing much in terms of actually sorting out what people are thinking and finding out motivations. He views everyone as a enemy, while this can be how some town act. Its very lazy and anti town behavior.

I haven't seen him do much besides get defensive to his situation and calling anyone pressuring him scum.
I feel my reasoning for scumreading him is confirmation biased a bit, but the appeals to not lynching him based on just him "not being active and not doing much" is him realizing how bad he has been playing and trying to play the low hanging fruit card on himself.

I don't see any strong reason anyone can town read him.
I agree with almost everything here except the highlighted sentence. Role/setup spec implies to me that DoctorPepper is negative town utility, as it makes us more likely to kill omnics, and I townread both of the omnic claims. I don't think the ability would be given to scum, because that just makes Zarya a double-voter in the end game in that case, which is nuts for scum if it doesn't come with some huge downside (like you have to plant the vote before the day starts).

Also, randomidget wants to lynch DoctorPepper, and randomidget is scum, so.....
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Shadow_step »

That's contradictory podo

If you're scum reading me for not doing "legit scum hunting", then why is it not the same case with DP, who has been worse in that regard.
Show

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 836, Shadow_step wrote:That's contradictory podo

If you're scum reading me for not doing "legit scum hunting", then why is it not the same case with DP, who has been worse in that regard.
Unlike you, some of DP's posts actually show some ability to find scummy behavior.
In post 737, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 730, The Engineer wrote:Guys

Or

We can not derail the DP wagon
I have no idea why we arent lynching this/pressuring this slot to give more info other than "lynch DP". Its starting to be pretty fluffy and the engineer's posts indicate that they post to not get prodded by posting innocuous things that wont attract attention
Genji
Genji
Goon
Genji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Genji »

In post 835, podoboq wrote:I agree with almost everything here except the highlighted sentence. Role/setup spec implies to me that DoctorPepper is negative town utility, as it makes us more likely to kill omnics, and I townread both of the omnic claims. I don't think the ability would be given to scum, because that just makes Zarya a double-voter in the end game in that case, which is nuts for scum if it doesn't come with some huge downside (like you have to plant the vote before the day starts).

I thought about this circumstances too of it being a negative utility, but I also considered if Fox is scum than its essentially nullifying the omnic other negative utility. Since I can't lynch Fox, DP essentially makes up for the fact I can't do it.

However it could also be like you said, a neg town utility. And me and Fox can be kind of quasi masons in the sense we can't lynch each other.

I went around it and got to null.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:42 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 838, Genji wrote:
In post 835, podoboq wrote:I agree with almost everything here except the highlighted sentence. Role/setup spec implies to me that DoctorPepper is negative town utility, as it makes us more likely to kill omnics, and I townread both of the omnic claims. I don't think the ability would be given to scum, because that just makes Zarya a double-voter in the end game in that case, which is nuts for scum if it doesn't come with some huge downside (like you have to plant the vote before the day starts).

I thought about this circumstances too of it being a negative utility, but I also considered if Fox is scum than its essentially nullifying the omnic other negative utility. Since I can't lynch Fox, DP essentially makes up for the fact I can't do it.

However it could also be like you said, a neg town utility. And me and Fox can be kind of quasi masons in the sense we can't lynch each other.

I went around it and got to null.
This line of thought makes sense to me, but as I'm townreading both of you, I've been assuming quasi masons.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Shadow_step »

VOTE: paladin
Show

Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:58 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 840, Shadow_step wrote:VOTE: paladin
Who?
I claim scum \o/
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:03 am

Post by vonflare »

VOTE COUNT

DoctorPepper
(5) - Turret, the engineer, Vedith, wake88, randommidget
Shadow_step
(3) - serrapaladin, doctorpepper, foxbird
randommidget
(2) - genji, podoboq
Tracer
(1) - Xkfyu
serrapaladin
(1) - shadow_step

Not voting: Tracer

with 12 players it takes 7 to lynch.

day ends in (expired on 2016-08-11 01:00:00)
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:01 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 820, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 817, DoctorPepper wrote:Hi, can anyone counterclaim ownership of the turret
Loooool
You really think I'd be that dumb as scum to do such a thing.
Idk, apparently you thought I was too dumb as scum because I OMGUS'd you.
Show
Keep calm and Drink Dr Pepper :)

Quarantine is driving me crazy :(

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by Wake1 »

Who is holding up the DP lynch?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Can someone actually explain why I'm scum. Because im pretty sure this is a scum pushed wagon.

Apparently Im scum because I'm defensive and I was inactive. Im not blatantly misrepping people like random. Im not completely BS-ing and discrediting like Shadow. And the engineer has been posting literally 1 thought which is "lynch DP" yet somehow im the scummiest.

Maybe its the fact that I'm town, I claimed a town ability and some people got to their senses
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:54 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

In post 825, Genji wrote:
In post 803, DoctorPepper wrote:Sure.

VOTE: Shadow

Hows that.

I'd also want an Engineer lynch
Why does it seem like you want to lynch anyone and everyone but yourself?
You reek of just pure survivalism.

Can you explain your scumreads more than just "They are voting me?"
Because the reasons are crap, bad reads meant to misrepresent me/make me look scummy. Theres a difference in uaing cases to convince people someone is scummy and making someone look scummy. The cases on me are people making me look scummy, not people actually convinced I am scum.

Youre discrediting me by claiming this is OMGUS when this has never been the case.

Oh and lets cut the survivalism crap. Lets dispel the notion that town has no reason to want to survive. Knowing youre town and having people think youre scum is annoying because 1)you know its a mislynch 2) you know its scum motivated and 3) you know you it brings you closer ti lylo
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:00 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 843, DoctorPepper wrote:
In post 820, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 817, DoctorPepper wrote:Hi, can anyone counterclaim ownership of the turret
Loooool
You really think I'd be that dumb as scum to do such a thing.
Idk, apparently you thought I was too dumb as scum because I OMGUS'd you.
No.
I was already voting you before that.
Show

DoctorPepper
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
DoctorPepper
Coca-Cola
Coca-Cola

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by DoctorPepper »

Guys, "only scum have an incentive to survive", " OMGUS", "Low activity", " Only defending yourself" are honestly outdated scum tactics in MS meta. If you've been on the site for longer than the two newbie games to become a qualified SE, you would know that these are not bonafide indicators of scumminess. The longer you play here, the more you realize these are Non Alignment indicatives. This is because town have reason to do this as well. OMGUS for crappy voting. Defensiveness because you know this lynch is a mistake. Survivalism because you are well aware that your death is a mislynch. Low activity because people have lives outside the game.

The real reasons to scum read are fabricating reasons to make someone look scummy, misreps and discredits, and faking activity (posting non insightful posts) just to seem active. These are all traits found on people on my wagon and youre wondering why Im only focused on them?
Show

Get to know a Pepper!!!
Genji
Genji
Goon
Genji
Goon
Goon

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by Genji »

In post 848, DoctorPepper wrote:Guys, "only scum have an incentive to survive", " OMGUS", "Low activity", " Only defending yourself" are honestly outdated scum tactics in MS meta. If you've been on the site for longer than the two newbie games to become a qualified SE, you would know that these are not bonafide indicators of scumminess. The longer you play here, the more you realize these are Non Alignment indicatives. This is because town have reason to do this as well. OMGUS for crappy voting. Defensiveness because you know this lynch is a mistake. Survivalism because you are well aware that your death is a mislynch. Low activity because people have lives outside the game.

The real reasons to scum read are fabricating reasons to make someone look scummy, misreps and discredits, and faking activity (posting non insightful posts) just to seem active. These are all traits found on people on my wagon and youre wondering why Im only focused on them?
Can you point to more games as where what is "true scumminess" is? I feel like your defending your style and not truly scum hunting.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”