Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 167, kyndy101 wrote:NJAC: Starts off the game with an attempt to control the situation and lead the discussion with a question that imo didn't seem very relevant.
I wasn't trying to control the situation as you said. I was simply curious about the possible choices that a scumpair would discuss.

Also, very hypocritical from your part to call it irrelevant when you also commented on it and offered a reason of why I would want to bring that question.

Do you think that what had been written until my input on page 1 was more relevant?
Sheeping shaddowez b/c he's an IC isn't enough reason to vote someone
Why not? I voted Sora at the top of page 3 when we were just leaving RVS. If a random vote was enough reason for a vote, why sheeping the IC wouldn't be?
and 72 isn't much better.
In which way it isn't better? I just gave my reasons for the vote on Sora, there was not much to add. And why do you bring this now? Just for the sake of making an argument? If you had an issue with it why didn't you say anything at that moment?
73 is trying to seem relevant while trying to seem relevant while just digging up the grave of a discussion that died long ago in my mind
Please explain what do you mean by "trying to seem relevant". As I said I was simply curious, this is also explained because I was given the role of traitor before the reroll, so I had some time to think about the choices that my scumpartners had to face.
Because of his immediate attempt at controlling the situation early on and continually bringing up points that are dead, I have to say null-scum.
Now you are trying hard to make me look bad: "Continually bringing up points that are dead" :igmeou:. I went a little deeper in a point that wasn't dead at all in my mind. Which other "dead point" have I brought up? And again where am I trying to control the situation?
His recent post, 159, seems to redirect focus from NJAC voting Sora to why Shaddowez was thinking about it, and in 160 it seems like he's trying to make himself relevant after being accused of flying under the radar.
Please stop this silly tunnel and reread those posts, because you don't seem to understand them.
lilith2013
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
lilith2013
she/her
Spice of Life
Spice of Life
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:22 am

Post by lilith2013 »

Votecount 1.005

HighHopes and Hebee Inc have 14 hours to respond to their prods.

kyndy101 [2]
Vedith, Sir Bastion
Vedith [3]
kyndy101, light_ganski, SoraAdvent
Hebee Inc [1]
Raskolnikov
light_ganski [1]
Lycanfire
SoraAdvent [1]
NJAC
NJAC [1]
superbowl9

Not Voting [3]
Hebee Inc, HighHopes, shaddowez

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-08-22 01:30:00)
pagetop count: NJAC 2 | light_ganski 2 | Vedith 1 | shaddowez 1 | kyndy101 1
Last edited by lilith2013 on Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:35 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 156, SoraAdvent wrote: @57: Completely agreed that Vedith didn't see that the IC was confirmed by the mod and was playing otherwise.
Okay this has been going on for a while now and I think it's about time i put in my 2 cents.

I think the main problem here is in semantics (more specifically the word "look"), so I'm going to edit some language in posts here, signified by
this blue
It all starts with this post:
In post 50, shaddowez wrote:
In post 48, light_ganski wrote:@shaddowez - Pretty sure he could've just missed lilith saying you were town
It's definitely possible, but don't you think scum would look for
a modpost to tell them that there is
an IC in a game where it's a known possible role?
Then kyndy misinterprets what shaddow means by that "look":
shaddowez wrote:
In post 48, light_ganski wrote:@shaddowez - Pretty sure he could've just missed lilith saying you were town
It's definitely possible, but don't you think scum would look for an IC in a game where it's a known possible role?
But IC are conftown by mod at the beginning of the game, so why would scum need to look for them XD[/quote]
kyndy's "look" here means to hunt for by playing the game, much like the mafia would "look" for a traitor in this setup were they to choose to not recruit.

THAT misunderstanding leads to THIS misunderstanding:
In post 57, Vedith wrote:
In post 54, kyndy101 wrote:But IC are conftown by mod at the beginning of the game, so why would scum need to look for them XD
Because voting an IC can draw negative attention which scum don't want. :up:
Here Vedith interpreted kyndy's post as:
In post 54, kyndy101 wrote:But IC are conftown by mod at the beginning of the game, so why would scum need to look for
them
the modpost telling them that there is an IC
XD
and responded sensibly (under that interpretation)

This whole thing then gets pretty much dropped until kyndy's (the long vedith one)
In post 137, kyndy101 wrote:
In post 54, kyndy101 wrote:But IC are conftown by mod at the beginning of the game, so why would scum need to look for them XD
Because voting an IC can draw negative attention which scum don't want. :up:
But they don't have to worry about voting an IC anyways because the mod already conftowned them.
In post 58, Vedith wrote:
In post 57, Vedith wrote:Because voting an IC can draw negative attention which scum don't want.
Plus, at this stage, only scum know how many roles there are for town.
Finding out that IC is one gives them a lot of information.
But they wouldn't need to vote the IC to know the IC is one because the IC is conftowned by the mod at the beginning of the game! This argument is so elementary, I don't understand why this was even offered up.
Here kyndy seemingly forgets what her interpretation of "look" was in (probably because it was a really long time ago) and, as a result, quite humorously ends up completely agreeing with vedith's argument.

That brings us to sora's response to kyndy's post:
In post 156, SoraAdvent wrote:@57: Completely agreed that Vedith didn't see that the IC was confirmed by the mod and was playing otherwise.
We are in deep here folks. Sora interprets Vedith's / to be vedith using kyndy's definition of "look" (when he was actually using the shaddow definition of look), which makes vedith's post look as though he never even saw the IC modpost in the first place (which, in actuality, is not the case{see }).

/rabbithole
~~~
ONTO THE ACTUAL IMPORTANT STUFF

In post 156, SoraAdvent wrote:This segues on nicely into why I really don't like Vedith's recent postings. After he goes off on how I'm wrong on kyndy (which is fair enough, argument is always good), what seems to surprise me is that he doesn't go after anyone else.
I like this. Vedith's game seems to have been, as Sora states, focusing on one person at a time. This is reinforced by 's "who's next" (as if he's going through a person by person checklist) and several other similar townlist posts (, ). His ISO also has a distinct lack of looking at a large amount of people in the same post (think the long sora/kyndy posts/reads lists) which suggests a "reactionary" type of play, as I believe Sora put it.
In post 159, NJAC wrote:
Combine this with the general lack of detail in his posts (, ) and it gives me the feeling that he's flying under the radar despite having the second highest post count. Someone who's that impressionable and makes empty statements ( is again a prime example) is not someone I want to have around as town.
If you want me to give more detail or elaborate on something just ask. As I said in 119, I was reading Kindy leaning town, but I didn't want to add details because she was being pushed and I wanted to see her defense instead of defend her myself. WRT the naked vote on Sora in 51 I didn't feel the need to add details, but I gave them later on request.
That's exactly my point.
The fact that you don't see any need to provide your reasoning with a post leads to things like the naked vote or unjustified reads. The problem with these types of things (and what makes them anti-town) is two-fold:

1. There's a risk that nobody will ask you for your reasoning, whether because of forgetfulness or lack of curiosity, meaning less information for town
2. You can change what you choose to say your reasoning was between the time of your post and when you're asked about it. You can really easily manipulate info in this way.

That's why your attitude is anti-town and why I want you lynched.
In post 160, NJAC wrote:@superbowl:

Again WRT 154: You seem to make some arguments against Vedith, and you literally say he's your "prime scumspect", yet you vote me. This seems very silly, why exactly am I "the best lynch option"?

Also, there's already a wagon formed on Vedith. If he's your prime scumspect why don't you support that wagon instead of forming a new one.

Pretty inconsistent :igmeou:
I just clarified why I want you lynched, but you bring up a good point here and I should probably clarify myself. Anti-town=/=scummy. Being anti-town doesn't necessarily mean I think you're scum, it just means I think that the town is better off without you. Being scummy means you're acting like the mafia would act. You can be pro-town and scummy or anti-town and towny (although these cases are admittedly rare).

My scumread on Vedith wasn't very strong when I made my post (it's grown stronger since), so you were the better lynch option, considering I'm not town reading you and you have an anti-town attitude. Even though I was/am slightly scumreading Vedith, as Bastion pointed out he provides content for the town to work with and thus it is better to keep him around. I'm fine with lynching either of you, I just think you need to go first. I'll join Vedith's wagon if it comes to that point where I'm obviously not going to get one on you/the vedith wagon seems like its going to be the actual D1 lynch, but otherwise why would my vote not be on the person I want to lynch most?
In post 163, NJAC wrote:
In post 161, SoraAdvent wrote:
@NJAC: Can you please give reads of some sort? I'd love to see who you consider to be the prime suspect now, if you don't mind.
Yep, I was going to give my reads after commenting on some recent posts.
A bit of patience please

Leaning scum: Sora, superbowl.
Null: light, kindy, Lycan, everyone else
Leaning town: Bastian, Vedith, shadow
This is why I don't just use my vote to wagon. By placing my vote on you (combined with some other people beginning to scumread you) you provide this reaction, which I can only see as a jumpy/nervous reaction lash-out against sora, along with a naked reads list.

Take a guess as to where the people who pushed/scumread NJAC go in his reads list. Very OMGUS-like, once again indicating nervousness. Maybe if you had some reasoning as to why you're reading people this way I would be able to dismiss this initial impression, but you haven't provided me with anything to say otherwise.

@NJAC are you still nullreading kyndy?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:57 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 177, superbowl9 wrote:@NJAC are you still nullreading kyndy?
Now she's kinda leaning scum after her reads on .
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 156, SoraAdvent wrote:People who have played with Vedith before, can you summarize his town/scum play?
In post 156, SoraAdvent wrote:@95: Just Vedith being Vedith, not too much to read into that. It was 2 votes at the time he posted so I'll give him that.
Talk to me about this.
I claim scum \o/
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:03 am

Post by NJAC »

I like superbowl's 177, BTW. Especially the fisrt part in which he clarifies the misunderstanding of the word "look".
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:14 am

Post by HighHopes »

Post incoming.
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:16 am

Post by HighHopes »

In post 20, NJAC wrote:VOTE: shaddowez

Self voting is not a townie move.

@light and @superbowl:

What did you discusse as a scumteam before the reroll? Which abilities did you discusse to select and why?
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Vedith »

Was that the post?
I claim scum \o/
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 183, Vedith wrote:Was that the post?
I had high hopes there... :(
I claim scum \o/
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:19 am

Post by HighHopes »

Actually, I'll do it later. I'm kind of worn out right now, and I sorta forgot about this game ;^?
superbowl9
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
superbowl9
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:19 am

Post by superbowl9 »

In post 178, NJAC wrote:
In post 177, superbowl9 wrote:@NJAC are you still nullreading kyndy?
Now she's kinda leaning scum after her reads on .
In post 177, superbowl9 wrote:Take a guess as to where the people who pushed/scumread NJAC go in his reads list. Very OMGUS-like, once again indicating nervousness. Maybe if you had some reasoning as to why you're reading people this way I would be able to dismiss this initial impression, but you haven't provided me with anything to say otherwise.
Well, you've provided me with some evidence now.

Predit: lol when u accidentally hit submit instead of preview
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:20 am

Post by NJAC »

@Vedith:

Who else is in the Town-Team now?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:22 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 186, superbowl9 wrote:Well, you've provided me with some evidence now.
Ok. If you think that's more evidence then take it as such.
Vedith
Vedith
Survivor
Vedith
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:22 am

Post by Vedith »

In post 187, NJAC wrote:@Vedith:

Who else is in the Town-Team now?
No one else yet.
Sir Bastion makes me wonder if he is trying to buddy me. I need to see more from everyone to decide.
I claim scum \o/
Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc
Townie
Hebee Inc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Hebee Inc »

Hello, sorry guys, hebi head here. I've been busy and I forgot the password and beeboy took a bit getting it to me. I'll go read through the game and get some reads.
hebichan + beeboy
Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc
Townie
Hebee Inc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Hebee Inc »

Town
NJAC
kyndy101

Unreadable
SoraAdvent
superbowl9
Vedith

Null
light_ganski
Raskolnikov
HighHopes
kraska77

Scum
Lycanfire
hebichan + beeboy
Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc
Townie
Hebee Inc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by Hebee Inc »

All you guys are unreadable like crazy.

~Bee
hebichan + beeboy
Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc
Townie
Hebee Inc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Hebee Inc »

Lycanfyre is scum because he is RVSing really late into the game. I know that this game is unreadable (at least for me) but there is at least something he could have done that wasn't trolly/do nothing. There is a difference between not being in the thread like a majority of these players and posting and reading the thread but not actually solving the game.

NJAC is town because I said so, there is something about the nature of his posts that I like although I know that isn't enough to town read someone.
, , and are town posts.
kyndy1 and where both town posts. feels more like town because I think it is unlikely for scum to try and confbias someone incredibly hard this early in the game before 5 slots have decided to post.

VOTE: Lycan
hebichan + beeboy
Hebee Inc
Hebee Inc
Townie
Hebee Inc
Townie
Townie

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Hebee Inc »

^ ~Bee

I am having a lot of trouble reading this game in all honesty. Probably because I am bad at catch ups as town and also a decent chunk of slots haven't even posted lol.
hebichan + beeboy
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by HighHopes »

{shadowez}
{Sir Bastion, Raskol}
{superbowl}
{Vedith, light, Sora, NJAC}
{kyndy}
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by HighHopes »

shadowez wrote:In the game I ran, the way roles ended up more abilities actually hurt scum.
Yeah, this is pretty much a scumsided setup unless scum are incompetent. When I was scum, I just chose no stack because I knew that was the best combo. Sure enough, perfect win.

I actually wasn't planning to play this setup again since I'd be statistically more likely to draw town, and therefore statistically more likely to lose, but KTS chose the game and told me to just have fun, so I guess that's what I'm gonna do.
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by HighHopes »

{Sir Bastion, Raskol}
{superbowl, Lycanfire}
{Vedith, light, Sora, NJAC}
{kyndy}
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by HighHopes »

{Sir Bastion, Raskol}
{superbowl, Lycanfire, Sora}
{Vedith, light, NJAC}
{kyndy}
HighHopes
HighHopes
Townie
HighHopes
Townie
Townie

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by HighHopes »

Vedith's the traitor with kyndy as one of the groupscums btw.

Return to “Completed Open Games”