Mini 1802: Paint Mafia Sequel - Game Over!

iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by iraonavp »

What does purple mean?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by iraonavp »

VOTE: Katsuki

I thought it was lynch, not color lynch before.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Do colors mix so the purple is blue and red together, or is it just he is purple to start with?
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1716, pieguyn wrote:the question here is, which among the following do we believe:

1. the scum team is {Nahdia, S_S or someone else who isn't dwlee}. they flipped Nahdia N1, Katsuki N2, and N3, of all the town players in the game, decided on flipping dwlee N3 despite him being pretty much widely considered town and no one talking about flipping him whatsoever? I don't mean this rhetorically, I'm wondering if there's something I'm missing here.

2. the scum team is {Nahdia, dwlee}. they flipped Nahdia N1, Katsuki N2, and N3 gave dwlee a different non-red color that wasn't blue?

3. Nahdia-slot isn't on the scum team and it's {Katsuki, someone}, and they just didn't bother painting Katsuki blue for some reason? in that case we have no idea except at some point they flipped dwlee, and we should consider who they figured would be a more valuable use for the blue paint than Katsuki, which I have trouble seeing since he was a consensus scum read and pretty much everyone wanted to flip him.

no one bum rush shit, I need to think about this more and probably won't be back until later.
4. Nahdia and Katsuki are, god-forbid, T/T, scum flipped Katsuki N1 or N2 and are obfuscating one of their members by coloring dwlee and someone else purple? (either just not using the blue shot for some reason or they don't have one) I really don't know how likely this is since I think Nahdia is highly likely scum, but I can't say it's impossible.
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:30 pm

Post by iraonavp »

We know that Dwlee was painted probably because he didn't claim it, so it makes it way more unlikely for Katsuki to be painted...
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:31 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1723, kraska77 wrote:Just a passing thought but...
With a town blue painter, it would also make sense for mafia not to have any blue shots
I considered this might be the case at one point but..... Nahdia's play.

I don't think TBG's role would preclude scum having blue shots? it's not a blue painter, it's essentially a doctor + paint bodyguard; I can't think of any reason blue paint would be incompatible with that.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1729, iraonavp wrote:We know that Dwlee was painted probably because he didn't claim it, so it makes it way more unlikely for Katsuki to be painted...
have you read literally anything that has been posted this game day?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Post by iraonavp »

In post 1731, pieguyn wrote:
In post 1729, iraonavp wrote:We know that Dwlee was painted probably because he didn't claim it, so it makes it way more unlikely for Katsuki to be painted...
have you read literally anything that has been posted this game day?
Actually I did not...
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1732, iraonavp wrote:Actually I did not...
read. and I highly recommend reading D3 at the _least_, too.

Katsuki is pretty obviously not scum here, or at the very least not the correct lynch today. if you want to positively contribute, you should familiarize yourself with what's actually been happening in this game, not just sit around and poke Katsuki for "fake" posts (which btw the post you quoted is exactly what he just does in general, alignment-regardless).
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1730, pieguyn wrote:I don't think TBG's role would preclude scum having blue shots? it's not a blue painter, it's essentially a doctor + paint bodyguard; I can't think of any reason blue paint would be incompatible with that.
Dunno if I misunderstood the role description, I thought it also said each night he paints a person blue and takes on their color
Night one and two he probably targetted nina's slot anyway
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by pieguyn »

Your role is: Town Painter's Tape and you're coloured Blue.
-----------------------------------------
You are aligned with the town and will win when all threats to town have been eliminated.
Every night you may target a player to cover them. If they would be killed that night, they will be protected. If they are targeted to have their colour changed, then your colour will be changed in their place.
I think you're probably misunderstanding.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Zzz nvm thought "cover" meant color coat them
Time for a massclaim?
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by iraonavp »

Okay, I am VT colored as blue.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1734, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1730, pieguyn wrote:I don't think TBG's role would preclude scum having blue shots? it's not a blue painter, it's essentially a doctor + paint bodyguard; I can't think of any reason blue paint would be incompatible with that.
Dunno if I misunderstood the role description, I thought it also said each night he paints a person blue and takes on their color
Night one and two he probably targetted nina's slot anyway
Takes on their color of theyre targetted*
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I don't really see what the purpose of a massclaim right at this second is; I severely doubt there's more than at most two PRs left in this setup, and claiming everything right at this point doesn't accomplish anything besides nullifying all of them. if you have a role and you think it'd be advantageous for you to claim then you can probably go ahead and claim, or if you have a role that might have info depending on things but want a massclaim before outing this info a massclaim might be OK (just straight yes/no, don't allude in any way to what the info might be).
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:08 pm

Post by kraska77 »

I don't see why mafia would change dwlee's color if he's town. His flip could not have been anticipated, you're the one who pushed for it and I doubt you would push for a framed color flip on towndwlee if you were scum because it frames you next
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I'm pretty sure the color mechanic is entirely scum controlled. if a town player somehow managed to mess with dwlee's color and somehow decided that would be a good idea for some bizarre reason, then it absolutely needs to be claimed right the fuck now.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:13 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Yeah exactly ^
Atleast at first glance a nahdia/dwlee team makes more sense than anything else right now....but i need to think about this
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:26 pm

Post by pieguyn »

I haven't checked the interactions properly, but the first thing of note is that {Nahdia, dwlee} perfectly explains why I was left alive over TTH, too. TTH might have been town reading both, but in addition to that making her an excellent low-info kill and the fact there is no guarantee she wouldn't have reevaluated it, it is absolutely no secret at all that once I get a town read on someone (which I've had on dwlee all game), I pretty much give them my full trust and never really look back and question it until it's too late. I have no intention of claiming this as a point that makes dwlee more likely scum, just that the TTH kill does make sense with that as the team.

also, *if* it's {Nahdia, dwlee}, then holy fuck that 11th hour dwlee color wagon might actually have outright saved the game. the thought of what might have happened otherwise scares me. o.o
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Man
Early game interactions between keenly and nahdia make me really saved on calling them a team ;_;
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:28 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1744, kraska77 wrote:keenly
That was supposed to be beenoy but I'm kinda blitzed right now and phone is doing weird things
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:30 pm

Post by pieguyn »

what is "saved"
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1744, kraska77 wrote:saved
Waver* holy shut

And also the way nahdia was protesting ari lynch when it was pretty much a lost cause
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1747, kraska77 wrote:And also the way nahdia was protesting ari lynch when it was pretty much a lost cause
you are very rapidly making me want to yell at you again. there is no reason she would not have done that as an Aris partner, and in fact, that's actually a lot of the reason I'm scum reading her (the other half being that her push on Katsuki D3/D4 was completely horrible, and a general lack of anything town at all).

at first glance, I disagree that the beeboy/Nahdia interactions don't make sense as scum/scum, too. they poked at each other over how Nahdia was reading Ranger, but that's all it was - there was no real push there, it was just them poking at each other. Nahdia didn't even state a firm read on beeboy in her , she actively deferred it and then started town reading him . . .
iraonavp
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
iraonavp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by iraonavp »

I do think Nahdia could be scum-aligned.

I am not really sure about Dwlee, but I think he is probably town-aligned because why would a scum-aligned player paint themselves purple when they could paint themselves green? It seems like pointless WIFOM when there is a low chance that someone is painted.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”