Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

lol okay if you don't know why you're townreading karnos I guess that's fine.... maybe a bit concerning....

Like even just gut. Something to mildly help me figure out where you're coming from, since I'm definitely not getting off karnos if I don't hear something good in his defense.

And yeah Skold read explanation would be nice too.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 323, innocentvillager wrote:1) What if I told you I was pranay
i wouldn't believe you.

skold's tonal town.

good job running obv town ent up to L-1 idiots.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:53 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 326, Transcend wrote:skold's tonal town.
Okay.

Don't expect to convince people to getting off of Skold/karnos then.
good job running obv town ent up to L-1 idiots.
Agreed this was a pretty bad wagon, although let's not call people "idiots" in the newbie queue, they are learning.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:57 pm

Post by Transcend »

If I call them an idiot, maybe they won't do stupid shit like that >:)

Harsh criticism, best criticism.

Saying shit like "Oh you little angel from heaven you ran this slot up to L-1 who was obvious town, but it's okay it's fine you're still the best ever just don't do it again <3" is less effective imo.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:11 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 304, Transcend wrote:
In post 302, ironstove wrote:I town read IV, I don't think he's the lynch. Although I do think his lynch provides a good cache of information to use in determining who is mafia in this game.

I am getting scum vibes from: skold, soula, and enefpe

null reads from joushi, transcend, karnos, and fiddler.

Enefpe, what are your reads so far this game?
Bud.

You're supposed to make reads based off of content IN the game.

Not content from random.org
This is my first game on mafia scum, I don't know what a mafia scum mafia looks like. Everyone here is so civil and calm, I'm used to people flaming each other in all caps and people who aren't typing all caps are generally hard scum reads.
In post 306, Enefpe no Time wrote:Dearest oni-stove-chan,

Didnt i literally just post my reads

I dont see how you could see anyone as null at this stage. Unrelated, why do you see me as scummy? Aside from say, bein a weirdo
I don't have a strong scum read on anyone except soula. His tone seems really fake, although he made one post that made me TR him hard.

For newbs you guys play pretty well, I'm just a mangy dog who crawled out of the dark alley and feels awkwardly out of place in the brightly lit dog park surrounded by my well-groomed and better-behaved peers.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:13 pm

Post by ironstove »

The thing about all-caps was half joke btw. Like you should see the game I'm in on another forum, it's only been open for about a day and it's already 32 pages long and has more flames in it than the firebombing of Dresden XD
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by Transcend »

In post 329, ironstove wrote:This is my first game on mafia scum, I don't know what a mafia scum mafia looks like. Everyone here is so civil and calm, I'm used to people flaming each other in all caps and people who aren't typing all caps are generally hard scum reads.

You haven't seen me as scum yet then >:)

I am capsraging flailscum.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:14 pm

Post by ironstove »

Sorry I can't definitely say with confidence who I think is town or scum. I've played enough games to know my town reads end up being scum and my scum reads end up being town... Sorry about the splurge earlier as well, I was getting a little impatient, but in my defense I do get the feeling that I was partly responsible for kick-starting the activity back into this game as well :)
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:11 pm

Post by Transcend »

It's k, dude.
Skold
Skold
Goon
Skold
Goon
Goon

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:13 am

Post by Skold »

UNVOTE:
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.10

Act natural. Act like all of nature. Act like the entire cycle of life and death and change and rebirth.

Enefpe no Time (3)
: Joushi, Soula, ironstove
innocentvillager (2)
: Transcend, Enefpe no Time
karnos (1)
: innocentvillager

Not Voting
: fiddlercrabontheroof, karnos, Skold
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-08-14 09:17:39)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:41 am

Post by karnos »

VOTE: Enefpe no Time

I like this lynch more now especially with innocentvillager resisting it.

L-1 btw.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

Harkonnen97
replaces Soula.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Transcend »

Nvm karnos being town

That was

Mad shady

The guy claimed pr lol
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:08 am

Post by karnos »

It's a tasty little piece of cheese. Any scum want to hammer and collect it?

I'll trade town!Enefpe for a scum. It's a perfectly fair deal.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 16, ironstove wrote:1. How long have you guys been playing mafia?
I started a few months ago
In post 16, ironstove wrote:2. In a 7v2 setup like this, what do you feel is the best approach to finding the scum?
Just like in any other setup. 7v2 is no different than others
In post 16, ironstove wrote:3. Is your playstyle more engaged in posting or do you like to sit back and follow activity of others to get your reads?
As town, I find it easier to read people by their reactions, rather than sitting back and observing them. And as scum, I find it easier to manipulate others rather than staying low and lurking. So I like to post alot.
In post 16, ironstove wrote:Do you have a different style when you play mafia or town or is it the same?
This question is the equivalent to "Are you scum?". Pretty cute ^^
Ideally, I think that the less differences you have in your town and scum play, the better. So I try to match my scum game as close as possible to my town game
In post 15, ironstove wrote:I'm a VT!
Ironstove is town, I don't see a newbscum making such a play.
In post 24, Transcend wrote:Soula's also probably town for right now.
I don't like this read. My slot hasn't done anything to get townread at that point, in my opinion. On the contrary, I find some things a bit scummy:
In post 18, Soula wrote:So the game started and someone is already close to being lynched on page 1? sheesh.
This feels extremely forced.

Townreading Joushi
In post 30, Transcend wrote:Anyways, being able to say "haha I fooled you all mwhahahahaahha" is much more satisfying than "haha i found you out better luck next time ;)". However this is just me.
I wholeheartedly agree :lol:

Effort is NAI
In post 54, Enefpe no Time wrote:Skold is pretty town.
Weird. Unjustified
In post 69, Transcend wrote:his 56 was a scumpost imo. among his other posts.
In post 70, Skold wrote:It was a bad post yes, but explain why it's a scumpost. I've seen even experienced town play like this before.
In post 71, Transcend wrote:Okay scumpost might not be the right word to use, but it looks pretty damn scummy.
I don't like the tone of this post.
In post 73, Transcend wrote:I just found it super weird and I do have my eye on him, but I also have it on IV.
This looks like posturing. If you really did, why publicly announce it for everyone to see? Forced post.
In post 74, Enefpe no Time wrote:Skold is very non constructive in his tone, seems genuineish, hence town.
Eh. I'd say he is the person so far who was the least genuine and relaxed, and most constructive. You seem to think the exact opposite.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:26 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 91, Transcend wrote:BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LETS PLAY SOME MAFIA GUYS WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eh. Scum usually wants to appear more relaxed and easy going than town on Day 1. Though they aren't usually THAT obnoxious. Not sure how to read you.
In post 100, Joushi wrote:also yay thanks for finally joining us Mori, we finally have a full game :D
This feels a bit forced. I'm not saying that you shouldn't be polite and welcome players. But I don't like the tone of this post, looks like you're faking happiness
In post 102, ironstove wrote:Do mafia have a day/night chat?
Bad post
In post 103, Transcend wrote:Pedit: they have night chat idk if they have day chat, i lean towards no.
Don't like the tone. There are sample rolecards in the OP. Reading them tells you whether or not there is a day chat or not. You are a SE, why are you trying to look like a newbtown?
Transcend's looks a bit panicked and overreacted. Doesn't line in with the tone from his previous posts, when he doesn't give a fuck.
In post 162, ironstove wrote:Maybe mafia can be gents and kill the inactive vts on n1 as well and then we can actually start playing a real game? I'm reaching out to you mafias out there to look past our differences n put factions aside n do what's best for the overall community by axing the people who litter on the streets, kick toddlers, lift puppies by their tails, and idle carelessly after signing mafia games... these are overall just bad people with poor moral fiber n they need to be eliminated.
Bad post. Feels forced

iron's rant is bit obnoxious and rude
In post 183, Soula wrote:Alright genius. So IV, who has been pretty much absent and only made some meta-posts about the game, you read as hard scum? OH REALLY. Fine, I'll play your game. But if he flips green, you got some explaining to do.
My slot should have been scumread for this. IV doesn't even mention it. He even places Soula as a top townread.
In post 201, innocentvillager wrote:Blanket accusation. No one is going to take you seriously if you boldly accuse like that, let alone get your targets mixed up.
I disagree. Being bold and obnoxious is more often a town tell than a scum tell.
In post 220, innocentvillager wrote:Actually knowing that you are soda on EM makes me not townread you anymore since I can see scum!soda pushing a horrible wagon like this.
What do you know about his meta?
In post 243, Skold wrote:Everything in the last few pages is dumb and probably ought to be ignored. This is what happens when I don't bring sense to this nonsense. Nobody has anything in terms of evidence. Nobody is at all guaranteed to be any alignment except yourself. Stop spreading bad theory plz.
Lower down the ego

townreading Karnos
In post 277, ironstove wrote:I thought enf might be playing cop poorly but iso'ing his posts that's not the case, he's not cop.
don't rolefish
In post 299, Enefpe no Time wrote:Joushi is growing on me like that younger awkward nephew you have who is a shut-in and plays nothing but 2d anime romance text games. Awkward but lovable. Im seeing him as less scummy and more just left brained with an inclination towards speficities.
:lol:
I wouldn't adress it in such a rude way, but I can see where you're coming from. My read on Joushi is similar
In post 329, ironstove wrote:This is my first game on mafia scum, I don't know what a mafia scum mafia looks like. Everyone here is so civil and calm, I'm used to people flaming each other in all caps and people who aren't typing all caps are generally hard scum reads.
People on MafiaScum seem extremely polite, diplomatic and kind to me. At least most of them.
In post 336, karnos wrote:VOTE: Enefpe no Time

I like this lynch more now especially with innocentvillager resisting it.

L-1 btw.
In post 339, karnos wrote:It's a tasty little piece of cheese. Any scum want to hammer and collect it?

I'll trade town!Enefpe for a scum. It's a perfectly fair deal.
This looks forced. You are attempting to bait scum into hammering. But do you really think that it will work then you outright prematurely state "HEY, THIS IS A TRAP"
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Town: Ironstove, Joushi, Enefpe
Leantown: Skold, Karnos
Null: Fiddler, IV
Leanscum: Transcend

Ironstove - exactly the same as me in my first town game (which wasn't on this forum). Obnoxious, rude, tunnely, pissed off at inactivity, wolfy. Lock town.
Joushi - being polite and sugar-coating your words is often something scum do instead of town actually, but I'm pretty sure this is just personality in his case. Like his posts alot.
Enefpe - Was null before his claim. Whether or not he's a PR, or scum who claimed PR just to live a bit longer we will have to see. We aren't lynching him today.
Skold - alot of town vibes from his posts. One thing that I'm concerned is that he sits backs and points out other people's bad logic more often than he pushes his own logic and scumreads. Looks like a good player, keep an eye out of him.
Karnos - Definition of newbtown
Fiddler - Nothing AI in his posts
IV - would be lean town, if he wasn't so focused on himself. the repeated use of "you accuse me of not contributing, but I've contributed more than others" is something that implies that he worries alot about how he's being read, and that he feels like he should be townread more.
Transcend - alot of his posts seem artificial and forced. slimy. scum.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

VOTE: Transcend
Enefpe no Time
Enefpe no Time
Townie
Enefpe no Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:47 am

Post by Enefpe no Time »

Read #308 and #315

Im having a hard time believing joushi is that stupid unless he is rain man. Is it just me here. People keep townreading him "because he sounds like a polite noob", but does he? Does he really? He seems fairly confident in being quite aggressive when he wants to be.

Iv lynch isnt happening rn i guess. Its weird that soulas replacement hasnt commented on the fact that i made her rq. Maybe that slot is scum.

Also iv is lying, there can only be one pranay, and it is i

The above post is also terrible. Why would you vote for transcend over iv. They cant be buddies. If they are, clap clap, amazing play i deserve to lose
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:52 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 344, Enefpe no Time wrote:Iv lynch isnt happening rn i guess. Its weird that soulas replacement hasnt commented on the fact that i made her rq. Maybe that slot is scum.
I don't really care that you made her rq. You were rude, she was overly-sensitive. All of that doesn't relate to the game.
In post 344, Enefpe no Time wrote:The above post is also terrible. Why would you vote for transcend over iv. They cant be buddies. If they are, clap clap, amazing play i deserve to lose
This post is pretty terrible. You are asking me why am I voting for my scumread instead of my nullread.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:55 am

Post by karnos »

In post 344, Enefpe no Time wrote: Also iv is lying, there can only be one pranay, and it is i
What?
Enefpe no Time
Enefpe no Time
Townie
Enefpe no Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:59 am

Post by Enefpe no Time »

Can you point out where you think transcend has been slimy or forced?

I wasnt even that rude come on. I guess the way she was acting was more indicative of gender than alignment. :D

vote: karnos

Bargain priced lynch right here
Enefpe no Time
Enefpe no Time
Townie
Enefpe no Time
Townie
Townie

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Enefpe no Time »

In post 346, karnos wrote:
In post 344, Enefpe no Time wrote: Also iv is lying, there can only be one pranay, and it is i
What?
You know what, since most people on ms seem to be on the spectrum, im going to refrain from making jokes. Especially em related ones
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 347, Enefpe no Time wrote:Can you point out where you think transcend has been slimy or forced?
What the fuck man did you even read my wall catch-up post

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”