Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:30 am

Post by Grib »

I don't think that's what he was saying. He pointed out that he himself wasn't sheeping because he had his own reasons for following the vote.

And he never actually explained his read on keyen, which is why I asked him about it. Still waiting on an answer.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:34 am

Post by Grib »

In post 297, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 290, Grib wrote:kdowns: talk to me about your three strongest reads right now, and why you have them.
this is a cookie cutter blah question

it just has a faux scumhunting feel to it.

add in that i kinda got a buddy vibe from your earlier post and ----> youre freaking me out
My priority in this game is not to be innovative. I'll thank you for not undermining my questions when they haven't been answered.

You think I'm buddying you because I told you not to worry about me?
Fox McCloud
Fox McCloud
Goon
Fox McCloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:36 am

Post by Fox McCloud »

just in general the push on kdowns grosses me out. the only one doing it im townreading is farside and i feel like people are just glomming onto her.

can someone who's not farside talk more about why kdowns is scum?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

I probably know kdowns better than anyone else in this game (not from mafia though) and I think his posting up to this point is pretty in line with his personality
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Fox McCloud
Fox McCloud
Goon
Fox McCloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:38 am

Post by Fox McCloud »

In post 301, Grib wrote:You think I'm buddying you because I told you not to worry about me?
no from 237
Fox McCloud
Fox McCloud
Goon
Fox McCloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Fox McCloud »

In post 300, Grib wrote:I don't think that's what he was saying. He pointed out that he himself wasn't sheeping because he had his own reasons for following the vote.
yeah and then he immediately pointed over to keyen
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Grib »

In post 302, Fox McCloud wrote:just in general the push on kdowns grosses me out. the only one doing it im townreading is farside and i feel like people are just glomming onto her.

can someone who's not farside talk more about why kdowns is scum?
Ah.

I'm glomming onto Waco, since I've played with him more.
In post 304, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 301, Grib wrote:You think I'm buddying you because I told you not to worry about me?
no from 237
...You're getting paranoid because I liked/agreed with a post you made. Is the term "buddying" that watered down now?
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:41 am

Post by Grib »

In post 305, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 300, Grib wrote:I don't think that's what he was saying. He pointed out that he himself wasn't sheeping because he had his own reasons for following the vote.
Yes. I am in the process of extracting the "why."
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:46 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 290, Grib wrote:Eh, I actually think voting someone because you don't like them (or their attitude, or what-have-you) tends to come from town more often than not.
In post 286, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 282, DiamondSentinel wrote:In all honesty, it's because Ceph's attitude is really pissing me off so I want him out.
That doesn't mean they're scum. And i don't want you either here, Telling someone that his a newbie (even if he is) is slightly offensive.

UNVOTE: Kdowns

VOTE: DiamondSentinel

Because you need an attitude rearrangement.
Okay so you realize that this is the exact reason DS voted for Cephir, yes?

UNVOTE:
VOTE: kdowns

kdowns: talk to me about your three strongest reads right now, and why you have them.

farside, were you the one who said you had Waco down as scum? Could you go into that a bit? Because I have him as town now.

Waco, don't forget , please.
I'm only able to read currently. I have to go. But I'm quoting this to remind me to respond when I get home tonight.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Grib
Grib
Mafia Scum
Grib
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Grib »

((buddy buddy buddy))
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:19 am

Post by DiamondSentinel »

In post 298, Fox McCloud wrote:
In post 289, DiamondSentinel wrote:Additionally, we are at 3 days into day 1. I'm allowed to make votes based on my opinions of people. It's not like we have that much information to go off of.
So when are you going to start scumhunting?

-Luna
Who's to say I'm not right now?
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Fox McCloud
Fox McCloud
Goon
Fox McCloud
Goon
Goon

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Fox McCloud »

In post 282, DiamondSentinel wrote:In all honesty, it's because Ceph's attitude is really pissing me off so I want him out.
In post 289, DiamondSentinel wrote:Additionally, we are at 3 days into day 1. I'm allowed to make votes based on my opinions of people. It's not like we have that much information to go off of.
These look more like disliking the player rather than discering their alignment

-Luna
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:21 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Catching up (but distracted by TI6)

kneejerk is that DS shouldn't be wagoned for this, if I recall this is how he acted in Machina Mafia (where he was town).
Eleven
Eleven
Goon
Eleven
Goon
Goon

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:28 am

Post by Eleven »

Vote Count 1.06 aka the "HOLY SHIT it's Babar" votecount.

[6] DiamondSentinel ~ Cephrir, Imperium, MagnaofIllusion, kdowns, Medical Junkies, keyenpeydee
[3] kdowns ~ farside22, Waco Kid, Grib
[2] Grib ~ Cheetory6, SnarkySnowman
[2] Medical Junkies ~ hiplop, camntsuki
[1] Cephrir ~ DiamondSentinel
[1] Cheetory6 ~ Fox McCloud

Not Voting (3) - BROseidon, ConManMick, Dekes

With 18 alive, it's 10 to lynch!

BROseidon is V/LA until Sunday.

Deadline is at (expired on 2016-08-24 14:00:00)[/color]

A Faraday/KittyMo hydra.

/in to replace for Kids TV Characters Mafia!!
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:32 am

In post 311, Fox McCloud wrote:
These look more like disliking the player rather than discering their alignment

-Luna
What I show you isn't what is in my head, 90% of the time.
In post 312, SnarkySnowman wrote:Catching up (but distracted by TI6)

kneejerk is that DS shouldn't be wagoned for this, if I recall this is how he acted in Machina Mafia (where he was town).
Aww, thanks Snark. You're too kind. I think. I can't tell if this is a backhanded complement.
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:42 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

MOD – I’ll be V/LA from 5pm EDT today until Monday morning for my usual weekend family duties.

I’m not sure what to make of the Cheetory versus Fox back and forth other than to say it seems a little hyperbolic at points …

DS’s ISO still makes me feel content with my early game vote. He’s interested in posting in a way that looks reasonable (and thus presumed Town) but doesn’t look to be wanting to sort people. Take for example – he’s already amassed five or so votes by this point. If the inference he is making here is that he was joking and no-one is seeing it then it stands to reason that at least one of those votes is probably scum. Yet no effort to parse the wagon and look at who might be scum other than some half-hearted poking at the Newbie. Take his “kdowns is scum WhiteKnighting / Chainsawing / Whatever tell he wants it to be” stance while voting Ceph for being annoying. I don’t care if it is early on if he truly believed that kdowns was possible scum (even with little conviction because it is early) he’d be voting him if he was approaching this from a Town perspective.

I also don’t feel very positive about hiplop (lack of) contributions so far.

Ceph can be Town.

--
In post 243, Medical Junkies wrote:.what slips?
Don’t be coy with me Kuroi – the fact that you tried to peddle situations (possibility of Multiball or SK) that couldn’t possibly be true given the set-up was publicized in an attempt to look uniformed. I can pull your posts and my responses if you’d like but I know you know what I’m talking about.

Again – your thoughts?

--
In post 143, Cheetory6 wrote:What would you say your track record is percentage wise with reading him?
100%. Here are my completed games with him where I am Town and thus have to actually try to read him –

Mini Normal Inspirational Mafia - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=66137

Both of us Town. I read him as “Not Scum” (because Snarky is never Town given his playstyle) and was able to leverage that read into driving the wagon on two of the three scum in the game.

Micro DC Dual Universe UPick - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=66399

I was scum on Earth 2 (but I didn’t push him even there). On Earth 1 I correctly read him as Town and push one of the two scum both Days I was alive (and the other was a strong push the second day along with Ranger).

Open 633 - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=65953

Both of us Town. I correctly read him as such and spent all of Day 2 (when Snarky got mislynched basically to ego massage Radiant Cowbells) trying to get a wagon going on scum Ranger.

Open 637 Fire and Ice - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=66176

Both of us Town – Correctly read him as Town and identified 2 of the 3 remaining scum in my replace in first post. Was rewarded with being mislynched by Snarky because he’s just plain bad.

So yeah, it’s a small sample size and he’s never been scum but I feel comfortable so far. If Diamond isn't scum then his recent "He shouldn't be wagonned" would make me even more confident.

More than you wanted to read?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:13 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 314, DiamondSentinel wrote:What I show you isn't what is in my head, 90% of the time.
:neutral: :? :igmeou: :shifty:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 315, MagnaofIllusion wrote:If the inference he is making here is that he was joking and no-one is seeing it then it stands to reason that at least one of those votes is probably scum. Yet no effort to parse the wagon and look at who might be scum other than some half-hearted poking at the Newbie. Take his “kdowns is scum WhiteKnighting / Chainsawing / Whatever tell he wants it to be” stance while voting Ceph for being annoying.
I don't know that there's any rule saying he's obligated to look at his own wagon. I know I wouldn't care terribly much about that in his shoes, anyway. But it's certainly valid that if he really is concerned about kdowns he should be voting kdowns and not me.
Bartleby the Scrivener
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:18 am

Well,
MoI, I'm not scum. I am a good character. So... Don't wagon me. Let's go with that.

PEdit: That's not me being anti-town, Cephrir. It's just that what goes on in my head is complicated and doesn't really need to be explained. I don't expect
you
to trust me on that, but there are many others who do.

PPEdit: You are way too much of a distraction. You are keeping me from being able to get to the root of things. If KDowns really is scum, then it will become more evident as the game progresses. Noise should be eliminated first.
“Why was I chosen?'
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:19 am

In post 317, Cephrir wrote:I don't know that there's any rule saying he's obligated to look at his own wagon. I know I wouldn't care terribly much about that in his shoes, anyway. But it's certainly valid that if he really is concerned about kdowns he should be voting kdowns and not me.
You clearly have not looked at your MafiaScum Rules and Regulations Manual in Section 7, Subsection A, Paragraph II then ...

:P

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Medical Junkies
Medical Junkies
Goon
Medical Junkies
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 am

Post by Medical Junkies »

Again, I really have no idea what you're talking about. Give me more information. Give me a game that we were both in, because I don't know what you mean.

-K
This is a hydra of KuroiXHF and Malakittens.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:28 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 288, DiamondSentinel wrote:
That doesn't mean they're scum. And i don't want you either here, Telling someone that his a newbie (even if he is) is slightly offensive.

How is it offensive? He's new, ergo he's a newbie. I meant no disrespect, in fact, I think it's really cool that his first game is a theme game. I did the same thing, so I know that it's a whole nother level compared to the normal or open games that a lot of people start at.
Assuming I am you (diamond) I said cephrir needs an attitude rearrangement, how come does that act scummy? Maybe you act scummy?
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:31 am

In post 321, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 288, DiamondSentinel wrote:

How is it offensive? He's new, ergo he's a newbie. I meant no disrespect, in fact, I think it's really cool that his first game is a theme game. I did the same thing, so I know that it's a whole nother level compared to the normal or open games that a lot of people start at.
Assuming I am you (diamond) I said cephrir needs an attitude rearrangement, how come does that act scummy? Maybe you act scummy?
There's a difference between acting scummy and being lynchworthy.

So, this will sound very weird, but it is my experience that the only time town finds a scum on D1 is when a. The scum is getting hardcore bussed, which then makes the others even harder to spot, or b. When the scumteam is so terrible the town would win anyways. So, my D1 strategy is to put town in the best possible standing for the rest of the game. (Sometimes I think this would be a NL, but this isn't one of those times)
“Why was I chosen?'
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:33 am

In post 320, Medical Junkies wrote:Again, I really have no idea what you're talking about. Give me more information. Give me a game that we were both in, because I don't know what you mean.

-K
Antihero's Science UPick

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=66702

I already told you that is where it came from. And it isn't like this is from that long ago. My patience with you about this is rapidly wearing thin ...

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:43 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 305, Fox McCloud wrote:
In what post? Because I may jumped over it or missed it

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”