Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

Y'know. ABR somehow caught 3 scum in SaGa. I'm tempted to sheep him. Although I'm not sure about the conf!town for Grovyle... This doesn't seem very town!FB. Town!FB is a lot more serious than scum FB.

VOTE: D&D
Hydra between Shiro and DiamondSentinel

We're cowboys. From space. Like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. Yeah, awesome, we know.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:44 pm

Post by JaeReed »

@Lilith
In post 193, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 108, Grovyle wrote:VOTE: Jaereed

Two distinct things you gotta know about varsoon games.
Varsoon makes sme weird mechanics, and if this is anything like bloodborne, the original party leader is scum. ALWAYS!

That means jaereed must be lynched because of game mechanics, ALWAYS

No ifs ands or butts.

MOD META THIS GAME TO DEATH!!!

FOR BLOOBORNE!

~Fire

[also never moving my vote. This must go]
Hate this mod meta from Fire. Trying to out-mod meta Varsoon is absurd and will never work.
Plus his meta is inaccurate too. The initial leader was town in Saga, like others have noted.
I feel like by the stage in the game cakey posted he should have realized FB's push was clearly for pressure to try to get a read on me. It was pretty obvious in the fact that he continued the push after he had been disproven, and I feel like pointing out the meta thing is just for the sake of echoing others here.
In post 121, Vedith wrote:VOTE: Jaereed

Jaereed is confirmed scum!
@Fire - Do I need to know anything about the setup for day 1?
I don't like this insta sheep from Vedith either.

Space Cowboy's posting is scummy, but it might just be DS's posting style. We'll see, holding off there.

VOTE: Grovyle

-dragons
Remember what ABR said about wanting to be on missions if you're scum? This fits the bill. He's picking at what is clearly an RVS wagon on me and I feel it's indicative of trying to get on my good side so that your slot is chosen for a mission. Vedith's vote was fine, imo.

The fact that Cakey acknowledged SC's posting to be scummy, then tried to dismiss it as merely being posting style and saying he'll hold off is what pings me. It's what I can imagine scum doing to avoid giving a read on their partner (or a potential mislynch if they're unsure on how the game flow is going to run).

Basically, I'm finding it hard to believe a town SirCakez would push fb of all people here over the scummier looking Space Cowboy. Or Vedith. ABR gave good reasons for Grovyle slot to be town but there is more to it than that. I'll actually go point out what I saw after this, I guess.
In post 197, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 196, Albert B. Rampage wrote:VOTE: Daenerys and Dragons
Unsurprising

-dragons
This also feels like a discredit similar to how Cakey acted in Cocktail party when RC replaced in.
In post 199, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:What about that one post bothered you?
See above. The discredit train.

As far as your own posting, you're quite focused on how other people are finding your slot scummy as compared to actually reading other players so far, and I also dislike that.
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 204, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Using bad and incorrect mod meta to tunnel someone is not townie at all
I kind of get what you're saying about scum not wanting to push the party leader but I don't think it makes them "conf town"

If Jae is scum it's an easy way for Grovyle to distance from a buddy early on without actually hurting the chances of them getting on the run team
If Jae is town it puts pressure on a townie in a position with a lot of power

-dragons
This is also pretty bad. The first line especially, though I'm having trouble articulating why. I don't feel like anyone who looked at what Grovyle was saying would actually believe he was truly tunneling. It feels like Cakey was surface level reading to find something to push on to take focus away from Space Cowboy, which is where the thread focus was starting to be at the time.

The second paragraph seems to run with the assumption that Grovyle is scum. It leaves no room for town motive, yet the 2nd line is actually a point for why Grovyle could be doing it as town. He's trying to spin something into being scum motivated when it's town motivated.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

So I'm really pissed off at shit IRL and this game isn't helping.
Sick of being mislynched by complete fucking dumbasses who have no fucking clue how to read me and it will cloud my judgement so I'm gonna let Lilith take charge for a bit.
I would have probably replaced out at this point if I was solo ftr

-dragons
Grovyle
Grovyle
Townie
Grovyle
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:14 pm

Post by Grovyle »

Just take a break Cakez, its a game after all.

You think anyone pushing you is scum or stands out? (for when you get back)

~Fire
Hydra of Firebringer and Hebichan
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:15 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 154, Grovyle wrote:
In post 153, Reasonably Irrational wrote:Firebringer, is this JaeReed push RVS, or serious? Would you make this push regardless of who held this position on D1, or are there players you wouldn't push on this basis?

Is this a JaeReed push, or a "leader day 1" push?
-Cerb
Leader Day 1 based on Mod Meta.
I have no read on Jaereed.

I just think varsoon likes to give all the treats to scum in beginning.

~Fire
In post 155, Grovyle wrote:Also been reading more of hte setup.
So basically anyone we lynch goes to jail and they won't flip till no one can be released.

I wonder if jail might be a good place to put strong town so as to protect them?
Or if they aren't protected in jail then that won't matter

~Fire
Both of these posts I felt were town thought processes, the latter being significantly moreso. I feel like scum might know whether they could still kill people in jail. It's not something that's necessarily impossible to fake as scum, but you're kind of relying on the other players to pick up on this kind of thing.

FB is just towntelling a fair bit imo.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 114, Grovyle wrote:
In post 111, Space Cowboy wrote:VOTE: Grovyle

For incorrect meta.

Varsoon had a good guy be the party leader in SaGa Frontier. Your logic is already flawed, Fire.
Ohh, well I still think jaereed is conf scum based on my own deductions on flawed logic.

LYNCH JAEREED!!
This post in particular made it clear what Grovyle was trying to do by getting a wagon on me and trying to make me feel like I was in danger of a speed lynch.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:16 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 228, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:So I'm really pissed off at shit IRL and this game isn't helping.
Sick of being mislynched by complete fucking dumbasses who have no fucking clue how to read me and it will cloud my judgement so I'm gonna let Lilith take charge for a bit.

-dragons
So you stopped me from lynching Nahdia in a pivotal moment of Bloodborne which then cascaded in a series of catastrophes and lead to a town loss, and we all got over it, but if someone else "misreads" you, then it's unfair and you want to replace out? Seems legit.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Koggz »

VOTE: Firebringer

I will accept this as a vote for Grovyle this time, but in the future, you must vote for the hydra.
Last edited by Bold Vote Scientist on Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In post 943, BBmolla: "I'm actually like 90% certain Koggz is the worst player I've ever seen."
WorldzMine
WorldzMine
Townie
WorldzMine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:25 pm

Post by WorldzMine »

Hey guys... New to this site but I've played about 20ish games on PerC and one on PoG so not some clueless newb. Anyways my laptop has been jacking up the last few hours. I *crosses fingers* might of fixed it because I'm typing this with it now. Don't really understand the sudden issue but going to try to play. Going to catch up after this... if it don't freeze up again lol :/
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 186, Grovyle wrote: Its a They btw.

~Fire
Completely unrelated to the game but I wanted to <3 for this.

Anyway, do we want to run two adventures or do we want to play this a little more cautiously N1? I read a bit of Bloodborne's PTs when they were released and saw that the runs tended to put some people in the party at a disadvantage for the next day. I'd rather go with what majority wants here.
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Koggz »

In post 178, Grovyle wrote:I really don't think jailing people we think are town is a good strategy lol, because we don't know if jail actually protects them from night kills or not, and neutralizing towns strong players roles, seems like a terrible idea.

Forget I suggested it

~Fire
lol :D
In post 943, BBmolla: "I'm actually like 90% certain Koggz is the worst player I've ever seen."
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 228, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:So I'm really pissed off at shit IRL and this game isn't helping.

-dragons
UNVOTE:

This is a massive overreaction to an early wagon. I don't feel like scum!cakey would have an emotional outburst here and in this manner.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:44 pm

In post 237, JaeReed wrote:

-dragons
UNVOTE:

This is a massive overreaction to an early wagon. I don't feel like scum!cakey would have an emotional outburst here and in this manner.
Nope. Perfectly capable of faking it.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
WorldzMine
WorldzMine
Townie
WorldzMine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by WorldzMine »

In post 178, Grovyle wrote:I really don't think jailing people we think are town is a good strategy lol, because we don't know if jail actually protects them from night kills or not, and neutralizing towns strong players roles, seems like a terrible idea.

Forget I suggested it

~Fire
I was going to say the same. Didn't think having strong town unable to contribute would ever be a good idea. Speaking of strong town, it'll be hard for me to determine that for awhile with no meta on anyone. Well actually I have meta on the mod but that's not gonna help her lol
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ok, now my vote definitely stays. They had 3(?) votes on them and blew up. There was no reason for it.

We're cowboys. From space. Like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. Yeah, awesome, we know.
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:07 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

In post 240, Space Cowboy wrote:Ok, now my vote definitely stays. They had 3(?) votes on them and blew up. There was no reason for it.
-DS

WorldzMine
WorldzMine
Townie
WorldzMine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by WorldzMine »

In post 202, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scum would neither go after the party leader if he was town nor scum. They would suck up to him or at least be neutral so they get selected in the mission.
Grovyle is confirmed town.
That's a strong statement. Odd for someone to say someone is "confirmed town" based on a handful of posts D1.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:46 pm

In post 242, WorldzMine wrote:
In post 202, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Scum would neither go after the party leader if he was town nor scum. They would suck up to him or at least be neutral so they get selected in the mission.
Grovyle is confirmed town.
That's a strong statement. Odd for someone to say someone is "confirmed town" based on a handful of posts D1.
Because I'm certain. I spend most of day 1 making non-committal posts and giving zero reads until I'm sure, but scum came out early to play today so let's capitalize on it.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Major transmission issues just got my baby (car) back. Won't be on til late tonight
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 238, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 237, JaeReed wrote:

-dragons
UNVOTE:

Nope. Perfectly capable of faking it.
What I mean is that scum!cakez I feel is fairly confident in his ability as scum to talk his way out of a lynch.

Generally, I would find an overreaction to be suspicious, but this is someone that I feel is a decent scum player. I'd imagine him to be a little calmer over an early wagon as such.

I also find threatening to replace out to be below the belt as far as AtE goes (I get that not everyone shares the same moral code as I do so I don't expect everyone to be swayed by that) if you're scum pretending to be upset town. There are ways to AtE without that kind of angle.

You could probably argue that he's scum pissed at being caught for reasons he doesn't think are AI. It wouldn't be the first time I've misread cakez (actually I don't think I have ever correctly read him). I'll wait and see what Lilith has to say about my responses to her.

In the meantime I'd also like to know what FB thought of the outburst.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by JaeReed »

@All
In post 235, JaeReed wrote:Anyway, do we want to run two adventures or do we want to play this a little more cautiously N1? I read a bit of Bloodborne's PTs when they were released and saw that the runs tended to put some people in the party at a disadvantage for the next day. I'd rather go with what majority wants here.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:09 pm

In post 245, JaeReed wrote:Generally, I would find an overreaction to be suspicious, but this is someone that I feel is a decent scum player. I'd imagine him to be a little calmer over an early wagon as such.

I also find threatening to replace out to be below the belt as far as AtE goes (I get that not everyone shares the same moral code as I do so I don't expect everyone to be swayed by that) if you're scum pretending to be upset town. There are ways to AtE without that kind of angle.

You could probably argue that he's scum pissed at being caught for reasons he doesn't think are AI. It wouldn't be the first time I've misread cakez (actually I don't think I have ever correctly read him). I'll wait and see what Lilith has to say about my responses to her.
I'm not arguing that he's scum or town based on him saying he would hypothetically replace out if he wasn't in a hydra, it's not alignment-indicative at all. Don't be swayed so easily, you pushover.
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by Space Cowboy »

In post 246, JaeReed wrote:@All
In post 235, JaeReed wrote:Anyway, do we want to run two adventures or do we want to play this a little more cautiously N1? I read a bit of Bloodborne's PTs when they were released and saw that the runs tended to put some people in the party at a disadvantage for the next day. I'd rather go with what majority wants here.
Definitely 2 adventures. In SaGa Frontier, none of the rewards for the adventures ever really got used because we didn't get a worthwhile adventure until our 3rd go, and so we never knew whether or not they would have affected the gamestate.

Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

OK I've cooled off a bit now so going to respond to some stuff and will try not to flame so much since that was a dick move.
In post 229, Grovyle wrote:Just take a break Cakez, its a game after all.

You think anyone pushing you is scum or stands out? (for when you get back)

~Fire
I'll get to this after I finish these responses.
In post 224, Grovyle wrote:
In post 222, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:
In post 205, Grovyle wrote:
In post 204, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Using bad and incorrect mod meta to tunnel someone is not townie at all
I kind of get what you're saying about scum not wanting to push the party leader but I don't think it makes them "conf town"

If Jae is scum it's an easy way for Grovyle to distance from a buddy early on without actually hurting the chances of them getting on the run team
If Jae is town it puts pressure on a townie in a position with a lot of power

-dragons
Okay, this is pretty scummy.....

~fire
How is this scummy?

-Daenerys
It was the way it was went about saying that ABR had a point will still dismissing it.
Basically saying "Yeah, I guess he is likely town, but no way is CONF TOWN!"

And the last point about pressuring a townie made no sense.
Please read my posts more thoroughly. I can see how a point is reached without agreeing with it, I went over it.

What didn't make sense about it?
In post 225, Space Cowboy wrote:Y'know. ABR somehow caught 3 scum in SaGa. I'm tempted to sheep him. Although I'm not sure about the conf!town for Grovyle... This doesn't seem very town!FB. Town!FB is a lot more serious than scum FB.

VOTE: D&D
This sheep is quite bad and I hate the waffle on FB.
In post 232, Albert B. Rampage wrote:

-dragons
So you stopped me from lynching Nahdia in a pivotal moment of Bloodborne which then cascaded in a series of catastrophes and lead to a town loss, and we all got over it, but if someone else "misreads" you, then it's unfair and you want to replace out? Seems legit.
When you've been mislynched 20+ times despite having been playing for less then a year onsite and you get wagoned out of the gate for the tenth time, it gets frustrating yes.
In post 240, Space Cowboy wrote:Ok, now my vote definitely stays. They had 3(?) votes on them and blew up. There was no reason for it.
See above comment.

Lilith and I haven't discussed any reads yet besides both agreeing that ABR probably has a grudge against us but I'm probably going to move to Space Cowboy if she doesn't object. These posts go beyond just his posting style in scumminess, things earlier like his "being scummy is fun" are posting style scumminess but not this.

My initial Grovyle may have been wrong, I'm seeing enough for evidence for them being town from ABR and Jae to want to back off for now.

Also for Grovyle - for the people pushing us Jae is probtown, abr is null and Cowboy is a scumread.

-dragons obviously

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”