Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

In post 283, MathBlade wrote:
In post 259, Albert B. Rampage wrote:Anyway guys, it's my birthday in an hour and I'll be
V/LA for a couple days

Cheers
Happy Birthday!
Thanks! And thx diamond!
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:50 pm

Post by JaeReed »

I don't know you but happy birthday!
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Detective Moonlight
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Detective Moonlight
Townie
Townie

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by Detective Moonlight »

hi fellas

haven't read a word of this.

hbd albert

fun fact: you live in the same city as me. it's rare for me to find people who live in my city.

~T
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

Jae - I can't type up a more complex response from mobile but I feel a large part of the reason you're confused over my Grovyle push is because I thought their push was serious (Fire acknowledged that it was at one point iirc). While most of your posting seems to come from the perspective of it being a reaction wagon.
In post 258, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 257, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I don't have any problems with you either
But it really felt like, at least with the initial naked vote, that you just wanted to PL us in revenge or something akin to that.
That assumption was probably wrong since you've followed up more at least.
Hell no. I've consistently said that it's due to your behavior in this game, and nothing else. I don't want revenge against anybody, I'm here to win this game. The only player that I am at odds with is randomidget because he's acidic towards me.
Which is what I acknowledged earlier.
In post 261, Space Cowboy wrote:[raises eyebrow]

Huh. I really haven't played with you before. Eh, yada yada meta yada, regardless, this is less than 12 hours into the game. I'm allowed to look at both sides of the issue right now. In most games this wouldn't be out of RVS.

PEdit: I'm still bummed about it (I love SK) but that game was 6 months ago. That's a really long time to hold a grudge.
It's not really the "looking at both sides" that bothers me, it's how you tried to look like you were picking a side when you weren't.
In post 285, Grovyle wrote:
In post 281, Space Cowboy wrote:Fire how can you say that D: I am in the game. Of course it will be. ^_^
As RC used to tell me:

"It only takes one player to ruin a game"

Ill let you all guess who that will be.

~Fire
;----;

RR's posting has been fairly mundane so far which is surprising. Cerb usually comes blasting out of the gate but his posts aren't doing very much here. Keeping that slot in back of mind while I read last 3 pages.

-dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Daenerys and Dragons
Goon
Goon

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:19 am

Post by Daenerys and Dragons »

In post 301, Space Cowboy wrote:Making it up? Please. This is exactly what you do. I mean we hydrad as scum. You were careful to death and then retreated back cause it was showing. You restrain yourself as scum mate. Facts are facts and I use facts as either alignment ^_^
Why aren't you voting them then?
In post 306, Grovyle wrote:@Jaereed on the D&D AtE, I have seen him do this alot lately, and I think its just a general attitude towards the game that gets him frustrated.
I don't use as that alignment indicative and it kind of annoys me to see it.

I will say, I don't want to lynch (jail) him today, but I don't townread him right now.

~Fire
Yeah it's a bad habit of mine to flip out when getting wagoned as town. I was in a really terrible mood yesterday and then this exacerbated it <.<
Gonna try to not do that in the future.

RR didn't post anything of note in the last pages so I have a slight scumread there, surprisingly. It just doesn't feel like the town!cerb I know (I don't think any of the RR posts were Drixx yet).
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:25 am

Post by Space Cowboy »

In post 314, Shiro wrote:But my tell isn't fake I use it in every bloody game we are together.
In post 318, Shiro wrote:
In post 316, Grovyle wrote:
In post 314, Shiro wrote:But my tell isn't fake I use it in every bloody game we are together.
I don't think you even mentioned the tell in that game when you were town....
I am going to go look now.

~Fire
Search, it goes all the way back to melancholy night where I suddenly went from I will take my time to pick lover to picking you the moment you asked I. That way bevause I was pretty certain as scum you wouldn't attract that much attention.

More recent? American Revolution mafia. I townread you instantly for how you posted early.

P.edit

Well duh. If you ate searching for the same exact wording
In post 320, Shiro wrote:Actually no, I forgot about that. It was the one where I sheeped Titus. Davsto's game. You were scum.but I townread you till very late game if I recall.

Also I am talking about melancholy nights no FA game.
Just picking up Shiro's hydra slips

-DS

I'll be posting a bit later, I just hopped on to read real fast.
Hydra between Shiro and DiamondSentinel

We're cowboys. From space. Like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. Yeah, awesome, we know.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:14 am

Post by karnos »

This game started up quick. Reading...
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:47 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 356, karnos wrote:This game started up quick. Reading...
@cakez head of D&D: Mundane? How so? I would think you of all people would know my early game play is fairly fluffy (with Bloodborne being the exception thar proves the rule, since I was both hydraing with Elbirn AND actively attempting to be townread cause I wanted to be hunt master)

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Vote: ABR

Happy Birthday!!
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
WorldzMine
WorldzMine
Townie
WorldzMine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:16 am

Post by WorldzMine »

In post 266, Klingoncelt wrote:
In post 116, Grovyle wrote:I am probably going to use that avi instead of grovyle, I don't know.
I should talk to hebichan, though i haven't talked to her in awhile.

Meh.

Lynch Jaereed, we will do a lightning speed day 1.
Also I wanted Shaman, that person who stole shaman will pay~
I wanted Shaman more.
Missed Grovyle saying this for some reason. But yeah I just picked the Shaman because out of the characters left when I drafted it had the highest across the board stats. Which is also a good reason for me to be selected for the adventures.
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Space Cowboy »

In post 353, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:Jae - I can't type up a more complex response from mobile but I feel a large part of the reason you're confused over my Grovyle push is because I thought their push was serious (Fire acknowledged that it was at one point iirc). While most of your posting seems to come from the perspective of it being a reaction wagon.
In post 258, Albert B. Rampage wrote:
In post 257, Daenerys and Dragons wrote:I don't have any problems with you either
But it really felt like, at least with the initial naked vote, that you just wanted to PL us in revenge or something akin to that.
That assumption was probably wrong since you've followed up more at least.
Hell no. I've consistently said that it's due to your behavior in this game, and nothing else. I don't want revenge against anybody, I'm here to win this game. The only player that I am at odds with is randomidget because he's acidic towards me.
Which is what I acknowledged earlier.
In post 261, Space Cowboy wrote:[raises eyebrow]

Huh. I really haven't played with you before. Eh, yada yada meta yada, regardless, this is less than 12 hours into the game. I'm allowed to look at both sides of the issue right now. In most games this wouldn't be out of RVS.

PEdit: I'm still bummed about it (I love SK) but that game was 6 months ago. That's a really long time to hold a grudge.
It's not really the "looking at both sides" that bothers me, it's how you tried to look like you were picking a side when you weren't.
In post 285, Grovyle wrote:
In post 281, Space Cowboy wrote:Fire how can you say that D: I am in the game. Of course it will be. ^_^
As RC used to tell me:

"It only takes one player to ruin a game"

Ill let you all guess who that will be.

~Fire
;----;

RR's posting has been fairly mundane so far which is surprising. Cerb usually comes blasting out of the gate but his posts aren't doing very much here. Keeping that slot in back of mind while I read last 3 pages.

-dragons
Umm, I have no idea what you're trying to say about "trying to look like I was taking a side". I was simply recording my observations, which is what I do every game during D1. Ask anyone who's played with me. I'm not great D1, so I mostly just throw everything I think of out and see what sticks at the very end of it.

(Also, while I partially agree with you on Cerb, I'm willing to give him a bit here, since we've really just been talking about immaterial stuff like the set-up)
In post 340, JaeReed wrote:
In post 336, Grovyle wrote:
In post 335, JaeReed wrote:Is anyone here half decent with, like, statistics or probabilities or whatever? Like, what kind of numbers do you think we should we be looking at for the team(s) to pass challenges?
That won't matter, the mods said in the setup posts that the difficulty in the challenges scale relatively to team size.
So you want a team that has skills you need for the missions but also want to keep it small for scale.

~Fire
In post 337, Grovyle wrote:
In post 1, Bold Vote Scientist wrote:They must pick 3-5 shadowrunners. Difficulty of each mission increases with more shadowrunners.
I'm thinking less about team size and more whether I should be aiming for the stats to be well rounded enough to handle something unexpected or just stack up the numbers on what I think will be relevant to the challenge.
First off, it's most important that we only put people we have at least a null!town collectively on. Anyone below that we risk putting power into scum's hand. But after that, we can both look for a well-rounded one, and try to build a team to fit the mission (e.g. assassination has stealth and combat (with a bit of magical, matrix, and charisma as those might prove to be a bit useful.
In post 335, JaeReed wrote:
MathBlade wrote:
In post 330, JaeReed wrote:Math didn't answer my question about whether they're town :(
It was implied in the paragraph to Fire.

Yes I am town.

Good night.
Haha, okay. Goodnight!

Is anyone here half decent with, like, statistics or probabilities or whatever? Like, what kind of numbers do you think we should we be looking at for the team(s) to pass challenges?
See above.
In post 297, Cerberus v666 wrote:Mathblade: all that noise was in response to FB's assertion that he could use mod meta to determine alignments at this point, and if you actually read the post(you did, right?) you should have noted that at the end I told him that the point of that whole wall of text was to demonstrate that we didn't have enough information for his hypothesis to be of much use as an argument regarding someone's alignment.

Also, generally speaking, I'm really not concerned with helping people read me. I don't care how you read me, I just care that when I find scum and prove that x must be scum for y reasons, the town falls in line.

(DS, I believe *this* particular brand of arrogance here is what some people were talking about when they were talking about me being an ass or something. You defended me, but, well, I AM sort of an asshole...but I'm not a jerk. :D)

Anyways, you are right in your assertion that all my posts so far have been pretty useless in terms of, well, figuring anything alignment related out. I'm sure it will all become clear shortly though.

Jaereed: I'm very precise in the verbiage used in my posts(when I'm at a computer, at least). I *specifically* used the words "You can certainly try" because I knew I was just about to point out why any attempt to "shove it down" my throat would be doomed to failure. I originally had the post saying "Sure, but..", and chose to change it to "You can certainly try" specifically to make it clear that I didn't agree with the conclusion that if JaeReed was scum, it meant Grovyle's logic was sound. Also, I DO clearly entertain the idea of you being scum, I just refuse to entertain the idea that groyvle's logic is a good reason to think you are. :D

Point being, don't expect to actually be able to determine anything alignment related from me by virtue of semantics, as either alignment I'm generally very careful about the exact words I use.

-Cerb

pedit: Oh. JaeReed apparently noticed that his observation wasn't correct. :P
Please. This isn't "asshole". This is just assertiveness. Which is what this town needs, fmpov

-DS

PEdit: Oh yeah, PV is in this game. PV, I will issue a challenge. I want you to post at least 30 times per day. I have yet to see a game you didn't compulsively lurk in...

We're cowboys. From space. Like Daniel Craig in Cowboys & Aliens. Yeah, awesome, we know.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:23 am

Post by MathBlade »

Too many words to read before I go to work will check later.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:31 am

Post by karnos »

VOTE: Space Cowboy

Yeah, this is the wagon to be on. Even though it fits my RVS meta, this is a
real
vote.

On a side note, it confused me to hell that the dragon hydra isn't the one that includes Fire Bringer.

@Jaereed: As a bounty hunter, I'm excellent at combat & logic, I can be awfully persuasive, and apparently even magical stuff is within my area of specialty. Just don't expect me to be much help with any medical needs or hacking that crazy internet matrix thingy. Willing to work!
WorldzMine
WorldzMine
Townie
WorldzMine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:55 am

Post by WorldzMine »

In post 235, JaeReed wrote:

Anyway, do we want to run two adventures or do we want to play this a little more cautiously N1? I read a bit of Bloodborne's PTs when they were released and saw that the runs tended to put some people in the party at a disadvantage for the next day. I'd rather go with what majority wants here.
Yeah I say we run two while we have the chance. Sure there's some risk, but without completely understanding this mechanic, I'm guessing there's some pretty good advantages that can come from it too. I drafted my character because it had the best across the board stats at the time I drafted, so I think I'd be a good choice for many missions too, fwiw.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:56 am

@Mathblade: I forgot to respond to you earlier, but know, I do not have any x must be y for z reasons to suggest at this point, other than agreeing with ABRs point about the lack of scum motivation for Groyvles push on JaeReed.

-Cerb
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:00 am

In post 364, Reasonably Rational wrote:@Mathblade: I forgot to respond to you earlier, but NO, I do not have any x must be y for z reasons to suggest at this point, other than agreeing with ABRs point about the lack of scum motivation for Groyvles push on JaeReed.

-Cerb
EBWOP.

Couldn't let that autocorrect mistake stand. Work, btw, so I'll be around in a few hours most likely.
-Cerb
Show

WorldzMine
WorldzMine
Townie
WorldzMine
Townie
Townie

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:12 am

Post by WorldzMine »

In post 295, Grovyle wrote:
In post 293, Space Cowboy wrote:
Scum FB is more careful of how he speaks
Like exact word for words what said as scum.
And Shiro was 100% making it up.

Somehow I bought it.

~Fire
VOTE: Vote Grovyle
I just don't like his tone so far combined with the attempted mod meta read earlier.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:35 am

Post by karnos »

In post 329, Grovyle wrote:UNVOTE:

Don't trust this wagon if math agrees with me on it tbh.

~Fire
If MathBlade is scum, he is probably busing anyway. His vote shouldn't scare you from the wagon.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:36 am

Post by karnos »

His vote
their vote

Sorry. Trying to make it a point to get pronouns correct.
Bold Vote Scientist
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Bold Vote Scientist
Goon
Goon

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:45 am

Post by Bold Vote Scientist »

I have received a lot of questions on the Astral PT, Matrix PT and Prison Neighborhoods. So I will do an explanation.

Any future access to these hoods is done by mechanic.
All kills/heals must specify which PT a kill or heal is taking place in.
Players in the Astral and Matrix PTs are still considered present in meat space (main thread).
A kill may not be done by a player without at least seeing access to said PT.
Prison by lynch or public mechanic vanillaizes a player unless specified.
A player is not immune to night kills in prison.
A player in prison by lynching or other public mechanic is not considered present in any other topic, including meat space (main thread).
Scum lose access to their factional kill in prison.
Koggz
Koggz
Goon
Koggz
Goon
Goon

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Koggz »

In post 161, Grovyle wrote:
In post 1, Bold Vote Scientist wrote:Lynched players wind up in prison, rather than killed outright. A maximum of two players may return from the game after being imprisoned. Lynched players do not flip until no one can be released from prison anymore. There may or may not be mechanics that allow people to communicate with those in prison. When no one can escape or be released from prison anymore, all players in prison will flip and will die. All flips are confirmed accurate (no actresses/tricksters, death millers, godfathers, etc).
Ugh, I am pretty sure based on this wording theres one scum at least that can escape jail, I also don't know how released works, I am guessing a town has the ability to release players that have been put in jail?
In post 369, Bold Vote Scientist wrote:
Prison by lynch or public mechanic vanillaizes a player unless specified.
more wording support possible scum escape role
In post 943, BBmolla: "I'm actually like 90% certain Koggz is the worst player I've ever seen."
Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:52 am

Post by Space Cowboy »

Ok, Jae, I've done some thinking about the first mission you should do.

I'd suggest doing the scout mission first (seems much more low-risk at the start). A good party mix would be Face, Decker, and Drug Dealer. You'd have at least 1 person maxing perception (great for scouting), one each for magic and matrix, and logic. That sounds like the best mix you have (additionally, starting with a low number is good in case we find some really bad failstate first mission)

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:09 am

In post 371, Space Cowboy wrote:Ok, Jae, I've done some thinking about the first mission you should do.

I'd suggest doing the scout mission first (seems much more low-risk at the start). A good party mix would be Face, Decker, and Drug Dealer. You'd have at least 1 person maxing perception (great for scouting), one each for magic and matrix, and logic. That sounds like the best mix you have (additionally, starting with a low number is good in case we find some really bad failstate first mission)
First of all, I find it incredibly off putting that you're deliberately separating roles from the players who possess them. The first priority is ensuring town go on the runs, and someone's towniness is not something which can be determined by their role name.

Secondly, your position doesn't even make sense, with regards to the drug dealer at least. If you're making this decision on the basis of role alone, WHY would you bring the drug dealer over the infiltrator or sniper, both of whom have exceptional stealth AND perception, or even over the bounty hunter or occult investigator, who, by role flavor, seem well suited to a scouting mission?

Whatever reason could you possibly have for wanting Koggz in particular on the run?

-Cerb
Show

Space Cowboy
Space Cowboy
Goon
Space Cowboy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Space Cowboy »

I was looking at it purely based on statistics. There are far too many people lurking right now to actively read enough to make a party.

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:22 am

Post by karnos »

In post 372, Reasonably Rational wrote: The first priority is ensuring town go on the runs, and someone's towniness is not something which can be determined by their role name.

This might be an incredibly dumb question: why does it matter if town or scum are sent on a mission?

I don't see any choice to deliberately fail a mission as being an option (presumably for scum). I also don't see how passing a mission is purely pro-town, or how failing a mission is pro-scum. It seems to me that scum on a mission could suffer glitches just as often as town players.

What is the danger in sending off a mission team that might include a scum?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”