Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1951 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by Malakittens »

If Yume is scum, I would maybe think about an LLD partnership.

(I been skimming. I haven't had half a chance to do anything besides work or volunteer and won't so until probably Monday because this whole week/weekend is mainly vol)
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1952 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Malakittens »

VOTE: Yume
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1953 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1945, Layla wrote:
In post 1939, pirate mollie wrote:what you said was that pie deduced she was sk because the messenger sk role was unlikely, which is what she flipped.

since you are positing that pie is not scum cos "her catching SK like that doesn't make her mafia" then what are you basing your town read on her on?
Nononono, I said that she deduced that she was SK because what she claimed was a very SK-ish role, not because it was unlikely.
My base on pie townread?

Hehe
Ehehehehe
EheuhuehuehueahuHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH

It's a company secret.
thank you so much for giving me the least amount of info while I am a hostage in this game
whew!
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1954 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Layla »

I mean, I guess I'm sorry?
But as I said right after posting that, that is literally how I've been reading pie for YEARS.
La la la
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1955 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1891, pirate mollie wrote:lets break this down.

what you are saying is, that I shld have asked you questions when you were sk-reading luna and not now, after her flip is confirmedsk? I scumread luna before it became kewl, I was casting my net wide cos I am in this game for the long haul and it is how I play this type of role as well as bp or any other role that cannot be comepletely removed from the game.
I was scum reading her since ! I was just playing it really, really, really slowly.
In post 1891, pirate mollie wrote:luna was a scumread of mine and in that, we agreed, it is the specificity for the reasons that you gave are what I take issue with. because for the reasons that you have given mean she cld be scum or sk, but you seemed to have inside knowledge for the distinction.
I already talked about this in . up until the point where she claimed "double action vig odd night messenger", my read on her was just a standard scum read on her, yes.

to explain further, I thought her interactions with me were really off, and I had a slight scum read on her posts outside of how she interacted with me. my inclination was always that this was just evidence towards her being scum; I wasn't considering the idea of an SK at all. I spent a lot of D1 poking her because while I thought her interactions with me were off, I didn't know if it actually made sense for it to be because she was scum, in other words to verify whether what I was picking up on was indicative of her being scum or her just having an off game.

there was nothing about an SK until the point where she claimed. it was obviously not a town claim, but it wasn't a claim I thought she'd make as mafia either; claiming full vig as mafia is suicidal. I did, on the other hand, think that "double action vig odd night messenger" is something she'd be very likely to claim as something like an SK with an odd-night messenger, which is exactly what she was; I'm familiar enough with her to be able to intuit things like that. I probably would have pushed her the same way even if she *had* claimed the odd-night message+vig variant I said on D1 would make more sense, or any form of vig, because no form of vig would have made any sense with odd-night messenger, but in this case, the way she claimed made it completely obvious what she was.

from there I realized that her being a third party perfectly explained how she was interacting with me which I couldn't make any sense of before: I figured it wasn't how she'd have interacted with me as groupscum, but after she claimed vig and made me think of an SK, that didn't matter anymore.

tl;dr I poked at her all game because I had a standard scum read on her, I wasn't sure if my read was correct because even though her play was really off I wasn't sure what I was picking up on was correct, she claimed a vig role and that's the point when the "Luna = SK" push developed, and it's also the point when I stopped having reservations about her being scum cos I obviously was not thinking about an SK before that happened

I think this should make it completely clear what my approach to her was, sooo yeah.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1956 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1943, Malakittens wrote:Mollie Piegirl is town please.
Piegirl Mollie is town super please.
I was actually just about to ask you about this. can you explain why mollie is town in more depth?
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1957 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1954, Layla wrote:I mean, I guess I'm sorry?
But as I said right after posting that, that is literally how I've been reading pie for YEARS.
and so your solution to that is to sheep her on to me.

while removing my vote.

PLAY THE TAPE THROUGH

scum are not down 1 notch. town is.

-sk
-town tracker

and now you want to lynch some1 who is claiming treestump.

when you think I am town.

within 24 hours of d2 opening up. and you are not looking at the pple who are voting me. when you think I am town.

walk me through it here, cos paranoia leads me to that pie is being dumb and you will sheep her dumbness and lld's and hide behind it. I have you as town but look at the numbers.

if there is a speck of you that thinks that yume and ari are both town then have them target me if you are determined to have me lynched over solving what is actually pretty relevant and game solving.

why aren't you doing this.

unless you are making sweet promises that you will look at my wagon and talk to me cos I am telling you that I will flip town.
whew!
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1958 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Layla »

UNVOTE:
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1959 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Layla »

I'm going to wait for other people to show up.

I am also acknowledging that LLD is still refusing to explain UTL scumread that she had on Day 1.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1960 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Layla »

With that said, don't expect to see for few days because I'm moving this Saturday.
La la la
Layla
Layla
Goon
Layla
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1961 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Layla »

don't expect to see me for few days, I mean.
La la la
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1962 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1951, Malakittens wrote:If Yume is scum, I would maybe think about an LLD partnership.
I'm also curious about your LLD read.
pirate mollie
pirate mollie
thingmaker
pirate mollie
thingmaker
thingmaker

Post Post #1963 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by pirate mollie »

In post 1959, Layla wrote:
I'm going to wait for other people to show up.

I am also acknowledging that LLD is still refusing to explain UTL scumread that she had on Day 1.
are you waiting on the animals

I am too

I might be wrong on pie. BUT IT IS PRETTY SUSPICIOUS.
whew!
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1964 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1963, pirate mollie wrote:I might be wrong on pie. BUT IT IS PRETTY SUSPICIOUS.
is not a post that I would expect to be followed by "I might be wrong but she's still suspicious anyway". I would expect that the natural continuation would be either stepping back and admitting your point on me doesn't hold water, or breaking the post down and questioning it further. AKA being able to come to a firm conclusion on the post one way or the other.

not "I might be wrong but she's still suspicious anyway", which reads more like you're not sure how to continue pushing the read, but still want to leave open the option to scum read me anyway if it's convenient for you.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1965 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:52 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1922, Layla wrote:Ari can shoot Skybird to prove himself since my action will be totally un-messable. (Can not be roleblocked, can not be redirected, can not be stopped by shooting me, etc.)
I can gladly, Layla!
In post 1923, Layla wrote:Yes, that means I'll visit him again tonight.
And then we'll get our stuff together and lynch mala for great justice.
This plan sounds super legit! :)
In post 1924, UpTooLate wrote:I'd rather him shoot yume.

Also, if I die he should be treated like conftown. Thanks.
<3 UTL, you are wonderful!
Of course, I will be shooting Sky I guess, since Yume is today's lynch. Right? I hope so.
Layla, does your unblock able role also work on an ascetic? Because if we don't lynch Yume today I'd prefer my shot go there. If you'd rather, assuming we derp and let Yume live, I'll go Sky though (begrudgingly).
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1966 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Post by pieguyn »

if we're making Yume dead, I would much prefer her being vig'd over her being lynched.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She/They

Post Post #1967 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:23 pm

Post by Yume »

In post 1966, pieguyn wrote:if we're making Yume dead, I would much prefer her being vig'd over her being lynched.
Listen to her listen to her listen to her listen to her
Skybird
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Skybird
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1968 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by Skybird »

In post 1933, Layla wrote:
In post 1931, UpTooLate wrote:Layla why doesn't he just shoot mala?
It kinda needs to be Skybird.
I'm not in control of that.
My goodness, what wizardry did you do to me? (And I also am a she btw. :wink: )
In post 1944, UpTooLate wrote:Because Ari is town and people have written off yume as just a shit player.
I still am not convinced that Ari is town. And Yume is pretty scummy.
In post 1967, Yume wrote:
In post 1966, pieguyn wrote:if we're making Yume dead, I would much prefer her being vig'd over her being lynched.
Listen to her listen to her listen to her listen to her
It really bugs me that Yume wants to be vigged so badly. She seems too eager to be vigged. I think lynching her is the best strategy.

VOTE: Yume
GTKA Skybird!

AFK between 7am and 7pm central time due to work
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1969 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Yume »

Really? I mean really? You want to waste a day voting town when you can just vig me and lynch actual scum, like pie said?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1970 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by farside22 »

Now this is bad ass!!!

Yume (4) utl , ari, mala, skybird
Pie (1) mollie
Mollie (3) lld, beegirl, pie

Not voting:

Yume, foxbird, layla

With 11 alive it will take 6 to lynch
(expired on 2016-09-01 15:00:04)
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Yume
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Yume
She/They
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1971 (ISO) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:47 pm

Post by Yume »

I'll vote where my townreads are voting

VOTE: Mollie
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1972 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:47 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1968, Skybird wrote:It really bugs me that Yume wants to be vigged so badly. She seems too eager to be vigged. I think lynching her is the best strategy.
I don't really agree with this kind of logic; my take on it is that Yume isn't flipping scum, and if we lynch her it'll essentially be an entirely wasted day phase if she's town or a mostly wasted one if she's scum (it hopefully should be obvious why). I don't hold a particularly high opinion of Yume's play, but I do believe that she from a town POV would in fact be able to see that it would not be good if we lynched her assuming she was scum only to find out we've wasted an entire day phase around her and would thus be inclined to fight against it in her ... own way.

even if the shot doesn't go through, there isn't any reason we wouldn't be able to just lynch her tomorrow; we have enough numbers. I don't see a reason not to at least attempt it in this scenario.
pieguyn
pieguyn
Survivor
pieguyn
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1973 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:50 am

Post by pieguyn »

In post 1867, Foxbird wrote:@pie: About the thing you're not sure you should claim: That was most likely me. It's me unless something interfered, anyway.

This is more or less a prod dodge because it's 2 AM here. Will post more stuff tomorrow.
also, after thinking about it, I think it's safe to say this: don't target me again tonight, please.
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1974 (ISO) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Foxbird »

So the readslist I posted at the end of D1 is still mostly my view on things. I need to rethink my Mala read though.

Is this standard Yume behaviour? Because I'm rather baffled.
Are people townreading mollie for her claim only, or were there other things?

I could go for either lynch tbh.
In post 1968, Skybird wrote: It really bugs me that Yume wants to be vigged so badly. She seems too eager to be vigged. I think lynching her is the best strategy.]
What exactly are you saying here? Do you think she has another part to her role she hasn't told us? Because ascetic + neighborizer + something else seems a bit... excessive.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”