Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #875 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by Transcend »

like i said, if you voted me when you were online (i didn't see pp or ironstove online at the same time) it would've been an obvious blitz attempt.

regardless, i'm not voting you today, or the next day or even in the next 3 days.

so you can chill.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #876 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:14 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 873, Transcend wrote:i seriously think your name is going to have red font in it from the host

but i promise i won't make another vote until we've had a few days of discussion.
I do this a lot when I think someone is scum/town. I townread one, then scumread the other, then they cc each other. Naturally, I should just vote the scumread and be done right? He was scummy all game! Right, no, especially if the scumread was the one who told someone else to unvote me. Then, what trumps your previous "read" on people, is what they've actually done as their role. Looking at all aspects of how they would have played as scum or said PR (2 angles per person) would be essential to understanding the true game that each player has been playing.

Also, don't forget that it's easier to scumread PRs over VTs since PR game is a lot like scumgame.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #877 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Post by Transcend »

yes i know, prs are hiding something much like scum. they tend to be more scummy.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #878 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Yeah I admit I went too hard.

Honestly, I just found out about a really upsetting RL event so I am kind of channeling my anger into this game, hence why I am more agitated than usual (also, I would've been heated anyway after being almost wagoned by a scum!cc and a probably townie). I apologize if I crossed in line in the past few pages.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #879 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Transcend »

but here's something:

why would Joushi cc you when you stated that mafia were IS/PP and if he were scum with one of them he'd let you lead a ML on the other one?

I don't see Joushi ccing you as scum

but again I won't vote.

pedit: condolences for whatever happened, and no you never crossed the line. or even got anywhere close.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #880 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Transcend »

of course: i find myself a very difficult person to offend. hence why i'm able to talk shit and take the hit.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #881 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:19 pm

Because Joushi has a lot of towncred and he may have been planning to cc PR this whole time? Also, if his partner was IS, then he might not take the chance here.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #882 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Post by Transcend »

i'll think about it quite a bit more, but i'd probably be voting you now if joushi hadn't instantly voted me.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #883 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Clarify the second statement: If Joushi claimed VT here and let me lead as uncc'd tracker, it's very possible that ironstove might've gotten lynched and that I would've rethought my PP read.

It's not like I was 100% on iron/PP. He probably thought this way was cleaner, especially if he was planning it.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #884 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Sure. I need sleep. I'll let PP come in and weigh in because a lot of shit just happened in the last couple pages.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #885 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:22 pm

I honestly thought that he thought you were maybe softing PR and didn't expect me to be the actual tracker here, especially after he hard townread me at the beginning of D3 lol, hence the quick vote on you.

It seemed too rehearsed. The day starts, and, boom, there's the vote on you.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #886 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Transcend »

sleep well homes
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #887 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:40 pm

Post by Joushi »

Alright alright alright, not closed but we're mostly empty now and boy like 2 pages have passed. Wall incoming.
In post 845, innocentvillager wrote:Okay with regards to the setup C thing, why do you think I yelled at everyone to not make enomis claim??? Maybe because I knew EnT was obvtown, and he was claiming doctor! I didn't want to fucking out the doctor! Joushi on the other hand, made this obv fucking town doctor claim! I mean like what the fuck? How are you not seeing this?
Or... because you knew he was town and wanted to deny the rest of us information. To everybody else, he was at best probably-pr, and after my unexplained NV I would probably never have left that wagon. The town was quite divided, and while you may argue it is bad play it doesn't change the fact that Karnos, Transcend, and Stove were all pushing alongside me. Karnos already flipped town, and I think only you think that Stove is scum. You can't say that pushing the reveal is therefore indicative of scum, and the opposite is just as true.
In post 851, innocentvillager wrote:Joushi did you crumb? Lol, I didn't think so.
I literally learned what crumbing was TODAY. As I said at the beginning of the thread, I haven't played mafia in FIVE YEARS. How the hell am I supposed to crumb if I don't even know what it is?
In post 855, Transcend wrote:
ALSO PLEASE ASK FOR A SPEED NIGHT. I DONT WANT TO WAIT FOREVER FOR SCUM TO KILL THE FUCKING TRACKER.
You can do this? I always thought scum was just taking as much time as they could to discuss things...

In post 870, innocentvillager wrote:A real tracker will generally not just track their top scumread if both scum are alive, since the scummier person will generally not submit the kill.
Hey welcome to newbie games! Why do you think I'm playing in this queue when I have played before? Because I'm rusty as hell and didn't think that far ahead!
Note that the only reason Joushi was tunneling Enefpe D1 was because he didn't like his attitude. Yeah, sure, I didn't either, he was total fucking dick that had no respect for the mod or for the game. But does that mean he's scum? Absolutely not! Newbtown would realize this.

There is no pause in D1 for why he kept hardtunneing Enefpe other than stuff like general unhelpfulness, rudeness, etc., which clearly aren't scumtells. The fact that he didn't even question this makes Joushi either a horribad town player or newbscum that is looking for a reason to have a consistent read.
Enefpe was incredibly dismissive D1 without actually showing any evidence to the contrary of ANYTHING AT ALL EVER. In my experience that has generally been because they are hiding things. At the same time, you know who I didn't have any scumreads on throughout D1? Just about anybody except Transcend, who I am now fairly confident is town unless he has the most well done bus I've ever seen.
In post 876, innocentvillager wrote:I do this a lot when I think someone is scum/town. I townread one, then scumread the other, then they cc each other. Naturally, I should just vote the scumread and be done right? He was scummy all game! Right, no, especially if the scumread was the one who told someone else to unvote me.
Unless I need townpoints before I make a false claim!
Then, what trumps your previous "read" on people, is what they've actually done as their role. Looking at all aspects of how they would have played as scum or said PR (2 angles per person) would be essential to understanding the true game that each player has been playing.
Bold added
In post 878, innocentvillager wrote:Yeah I admit I went too hard.

Honestly, I just found out about a really upsetting RL event so I am kind of channeling my anger into this game, hence why I am more agitated than usual (also, I would've been heated anyway after being almost wagoned by a scum!cc and a probably townie). I apologize if I crossed in line in the past few pages.
The player in me hates it, but the person in me is fine with it. You're good on that front, hope things resolve there alright
In post 885, innocentvillager wrote:I honestly thought that he thought you were maybe softing PR and didn't expect me to be the actual tracker here, especially after he hard townread me at the beginning of D3 lol, hence the quick vote on you.

It seemed too rehearsed. The day starts, and, boom, there's the vote on you.
I had you pegged for VT for forever in this game and had no reason to change my reasoning until you claimed tracker. Most of my first post of the day was prewritten in a response to Karnos since I expected it would be the first thing peopled started talking about. Everything else, I'm not in multiple games so every time I checked to see if the night was over I thought about the game. When the day started, hey look, the doctor died as expected! Whoa... I just put in writing what I'd be thinking for the last several days, seems rehearsed!
Spoiler: Things Transcend Already Said For Me
In post 858, innocentvillager wrote:TRANSCEND HOW FUCKING BAD ARE YOU

I COULD'VE HAD YOU AUTOLYNCHED RIGHT NOW

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW YOU ARE THIS BAD
In post 863, Transcend wrote:i don't read previous games

penguin hasn't responded to this thread before but he was online. stove was also online iirc.

neither of them have posted in the thread.

they might not be aware that the day even started.
In post 871, Transcend wrote:okay iv: you have a solid point, but unfortunately it does not 100% clear you because if you have a scum partner they didn't post in the thread when you were both online simultaneously to quickblitz.
In post 875, Transcend wrote:like i said, if you voted me when you were online (i didn't see pp or ironstove online at the same time) it would've been an obvious blitz attempt.

Spoiler: Miscellaneous
In post 848, Joushi wrote:I wanted to out him because I got a NV on someone WHO COULD ONLY BE THE DOCTOR IF THEY WEREN'T LYING

what kind of doctor
should
you
expect to
get a NV on?
Please respond to this. (slight edits made in bold)
however, joushi: you do have to realize that you are sorta mechanically confirmed mafia to me.

but like my gut is telling me no.
I actually don't understand what you mean by this. Mechanically confirmed?
In post 850, innocentvillager wrote:I explained why I tracked you n1.
I must have missed it. Link?
In post 872, innocentvillager wrote:That's why I was on edge about Joushi N1 so I submitted the Joushi track pretty late into the night with the added plus that Joushi would have submitted the kill unless his partner was townier perceived than him. That's why he was an optimal track N1: I had some private reservations about Joushi, and he was relatively townread that an NV would make him-scum MUCH less likely. I didn't actually consider an ironstove/Joushi scumteam, I thought that was kind of ludicrous. But hindsight/confbias I guess, makes anything seem more obvious.
I really don't understand why my claim makes you suspect Stove

FUCK I DON'T WANT TO FORMAT ALL OF THIS FUCKING DEAL WITH IT
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #888 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:24 pm

Post by Transcend »

joushi sounds more genuine

logic says joushi wolf

gut says iv wolf

and i'm leaning heavily towards my gut rn
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #889 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:36 pm

Post by Joushi »

Could you clarify what you mean by mechanically confirmed?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #890 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by Transcend »

as in you voted me and i didn't get blitzed by anyone when all 3 of the other slots popped online (but didn't post in this thread).
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #891 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by Joushi »

I mean, assuming you're town and not bussing the hell out of IV, you said yourself that if he voted without his partner online would be like an obvious blitz

Neither of the other two have popped in at all and I wouldn't stick my head out in that situation without knowing my partner is active either so like sure I guess
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #892 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:51 pm

Post by Transcend »

but the fact is, sometimes people risk it for the biscuit, because the payout is so high.

you think i'm town now because of wolf IV?
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #893 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Post by Joushi »

I'm not sure tbh, I haven't been so wrong about a game like ever before so I'm not sure what to think
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #894 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:59 pm

Post by Transcend »

what all were you wrong about?

fiddler was a compromise lynch

and i don't think you were even voting karnos? correct me if wrong.
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #895 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by Joushi »

I was on the Karnos wagon, but I mostly voted there because I didn't think I could lead a wagon on you properly and compromised

I didn't vote for Fiddler

Enefpe/Enomis was doctor when I was so convinced otherwise for so long

IV is scum when he was my like my second townread behind Stove

I'm loathe to think I'm wrong on you being scum but I think I must be
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #896 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:33 pm

Post by Transcend »

i have a scummy playstyle that you'll probably get used to if you play with me more

i got lynchbaited in my first two newbie games :P

so your scumread on me is justified, just wrong.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #897 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:33 pm

Post by ironstove »

IV why are you scum reading me? POE?

meta defense: I am too awful of a player when I roll mafia to have survived this long without someone suspecting me as a strong scum read
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #898 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by ironstove »

If IV was mafia, why did he not blitz Transcend (Assuming he is town) when Joushi (Assuming he is town) parked his lynch on Transcend?

I understand the time difference between the posts was about 1 hour, but it's interesting that day starts @ ~1 PM, Joushi makes his post and Transcend immediately follows up asking Joushi to remove the posts like within 15 min, but he follows up with a post:
In post 805, Transcend wrote:Fucking hell Xalxe i stayed up all night to make sure to tell no one to vote and you start the day late.
If you stayed up all night to tell everyone to not vote, I mean, you had 6 hours to do so, but you conveniently popped up immediately after Joushi.

Anyway, if that's the case then I think IV is town, if IV is town, then Joushi is scum. If Joushi is scum, this confirms for me that Transcend is town.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #899 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 11:45 pm

Post by ironstove »

I think 1 hour is more than enough time to blitz sometime, I'll admit I hadn't checked on the thread because 3 days of night is ridiculously long and I am signed in other games, I forgot to check on this one.

I'd also like to ask for a fast night, I didn't know that was an option.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”