karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #975 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:24 am

Post by karnos »

Also, I thought transcend was playing like he was because he was a cop or tracker.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #976 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Transcend »

Unfortunately, play styles contradict and i think ours contradicted with his.
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #977 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:09 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

Trackers are kind of nice because they require you to think through who's taking the shot so it's not as easy as cop. In this setup if you track doc you have a hard town clear too. And if you lynch a wolf then tracker nearly = cop. That said tracker+bp is hard mode for town compared to the rest I think.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Soula
Soula
Townie
Soula
Townie
Townie

Post Post #978 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:35 am

Post by Soula »

In post 949, Transcend wrote:soula started to wolf it up hard before she (i hope it wasn't strategically) replaced out. hark was scummy the whole time. penguin was scummy too. i just could not get off my iv tunnel. sfjsfsfjsdkfsjfks i just never fosed joushi at all.
It wasn't. And I'm sorry for quitting like that as mafia, but I didn't play this game to be personally attacked. Enefpe can go to hell. I think I'd enjoy a game that's faster and has more activity, less scrutiny of every little thing that someone does and more focus on reading playstyles; I don't have the patience to sit back and carefully do what Joushi did.

I think I'm too sensitive for this shit or I don't like the asshole factor. I don't know.

/mafiaisnotforme
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #979 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:38 am

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 977, mhsmith0 wrote:Trackers are kind of nice because they require you to think through who's taking the shot so it's not as easy as cop. In this setup if you track doc you have a hard town clear too. And if you lynch a wolf then tracker nearly = cop. That said tracker+bp is hard mode for town compared to the rest I think.
Lol, that's what I tried to do. Maybe I shouldn't thought too much about it?

Joushi, why did you and PP/Hark let PP slot do the killing? I thought that slot was more suspicious, so I chose your slot to track LOL.

And at the end of D2, I thought the team was Transcend/PP esp because of Transcend's hammer, so I tracked PP because I thought Transcend would take the shot ;D
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #980 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:43 am

In post 978, Soula wrote:
In post 949, Transcend wrote:soula started to wolf it up hard before she (i hope it wasn't strategically) replaced out. hark was scummy the whole time. penguin was scummy too. i just could not get off my iv tunnel. sfjsfsfjsdkfsjfks i just never fosed joushi at all.
It wasn't. And I'm sorry for quitting like that as mafia, but I didn't play this game to be personally attacked. Enefpe can go to hell. I think I'd enjoy a game that's faster and has more activity, less scrutiny of every little thing that someone does and more focus on reading playstyles; I don't have the patience to sit back and carefully do what Joushi did.

I think I'm too sensitive for this shit or I don't like the asshole factor. I don't know.

/mafiaisnotforme
Soula, I think you played quite well for the time you were in the game, you were pretty widely at-least light townread by most of the town

People like Enefpe on this site are rare. I have never seen someone quite like that on this site. I too get offended fairly easily, but honestly I think the best way to deal with the occasional insult from a player like that is to just tune it out and try to concentrate on the game. I really hope this doesn't discourage you from coming back to a site like this, mafia is really a lot of fun and really interesting, if you like argument-style games.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #981 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:45 am

In post 980, innocentvillager wrote:but honestly I think the best way to deal with the occasional insult from a player like that is to just tune it out and try to concentrate on the game.
To be fair, I don't always do this well (there are times when I let Enefpe or others get to me, for example this game), but it's something to keep in mind that this is a game of argument and discussions generally do head there. Hopefully if people are being enefpe-level rude, that they get force-replaced or are warned to stop.
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #982 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

Penguin making the kill N1 was definitely weird, I would have insisted for Joushi to do it :D

Soula, don't take things so personally ^^
Words hurt only if they are spoken by someone who you care about. You really shouldn't give a fuck about what a random stranger says about you over the internet.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #983 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:46 am

Post by Xalxe »

For the record, Enefpe was warned twice. If he'd done it a third time I'd have reported/replaced him, but he wasn't, to my eyes, bad enough to justify it it.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #984 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:53 am

In post 982, Harkonnen97 wrote:Penguin making the kill N1 was definitely weird, I would have insisted for Joushi to do it :D

Soula, don't take things so personally ^^
Words hurt only if they are spoken by someone who you care about. You really shouldn't give a fuck about what a random stranger says about you over the internet.
Why did you replace out Hark? You could've gave me a free scum!! D: D:

If you chose the logical person to kill on N1 this whole mess could've been avoided :(
Xalxe wrote:For the record, Enefpe was warned twice. If he'd done it a third time I'd have reported/replaced him, but he wasn't, to my eyes, bad enough to justify it it.
Ahh xalxe sorry I wasn't trying to take a stab at you, didn't mean it like that! I honestly didn't read too closely into his behavior and I know you have a low tolerance for personal attacks so I 100% trust your judgment on stuff like that. You still da best mod around
mhsmith0
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
mhsmith0
Balancing Act
Balancing Act

Post Post #985 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 am

Post by mhsmith0 »

In post 979, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 977, mhsmith0 wrote:Trackers are kind of nice because they require you to think through who's taking the shot so it's not as easy as cop. In this setup if you track doc you have a hard town clear too. And if you lynch a wolf then tracker nearly = cop. That said tracker+bp is hard mode for town compared to the rest I think.
Lol, that's what I tried to do. Maybe I shouldn't thought too much about it?

Joushi, why did you and PP/Hark let PP slot do the killing? I thought that slot was more suspicious, so I chose your slot to track LOL.

And at the end of D2, I thought the team was Transcend/PP esp because of Transcend's hammer, so I tracked PP because I thought Transcend would take the shot ;D
Sometimes it's just bad luck. Which is another pro to tracker IMO. It's not an easy clear/guilty, you need to guess right by guile or luck. Whereas w cop you just need to survive and not peek the nk.
Show
http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Mhsmith0
Conq: you, sir, are great at being town.
BATMAN: Only jugg was the only one we didn’t scum read at least not me
Quick: There is little to no chance this slot is Power-Wolfing.
SR: I want to give him a day
Life is simply unfair, don't you think?
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:03 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

I replaced out due to personal reasons, IV ^^

btw sorry if some of my posts were more rude than acceptible, I did that purely because of you :D
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #987 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:04 am

Post by Xalxe »

In post 984, innocentvillager wrote:Ahh xalxe sorry I wasn't trying to take a stab at you, didn't mean it like that! I honestly didn't read too closely into his behavior and I know you have a low tolerance for personal attacks so I 100% trust your judgment on stuff like that. You still da best mod around
Oh I wasn't reading it as an attack, I just wanted to reinforce the point of "that shit doesn't fly without repercussions" 'round these parts.

And you're right, after that last game I really don't have time for personal attacks like that. *shudder*
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #988 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:07 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 982, Harkonnen97 wrote:Penguin making the kill N1 was definitely weird, I would have insisted for Joushi to do it :D
Nah. You were pretty obvscum from my viewpoint so I knew I was going to have a lot to come back from. Rather risk me being seen than confirming Joushi. Worked out.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #989 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:08 am

In post 986, Harkonnen97 wrote:btw sorry if some of my posts were more rude than acceptible, I did that purely because of you
lol wat

No they were definiltey not more rude than acceptable, they were just more rude than the you I've seen in the previous games.

I got a scumvibe from your slot because of how oddly aggressive you were (it really felt like you were actively trying to play alpha male, and it looked too forced to be genuine imo) but idk why I didn't pursue it. Maybe Soula? I should've realized I was TRing Soula based on personality and not on actual game motivations :/ ohwell.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #990 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:11 am

In post 987, Xalxe wrote:And you're right, after that last game I really don't have time for personal attacks like that. *shudder*
lmao that was sooooo cringy.

I mean you can be aggressive and annoying without personally attacking people. That's what I have done in basically every one of your games LOL. I get loud, obnoxious, scream at people, use caps and bold, but I've never personally attacked anyone, or if I come a bit too close, I immediately apologize ;)
Harkonnen97
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Harkonnen97
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:18 am

Post by Harkonnen97 »

In post 989, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 986, Harkonnen97 wrote:btw sorry if some of my posts were more rude than acceptible, I did that purely because of you
lol wat

No they were definiltey not more rude than acceptable, they were just more rude than the you I've seen in the previous games.

I got a scumvibe from your slot because of how oddly aggressive you were (it really felt like you were actively trying to play alpha male, and it looked too forced to be genuine imo) but idk why I didn't pursue it. Maybe Soula? I should've realized I was TRing Soula based on personality and not on actual game motivations :/ ohwell.
yes exactly!
when you said that you think im trying to take a drastic change in my scum meta from Newbie 1725, it struck so close and it was so unexpected that it legit made me poop my pants :D
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #992 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Joushi »

GG everyone! Was fun and while I hate to take the game in that manner, we take those :P
In post 933, innocentvillager wrote:I can't believe I fucking tracked both scum in the wrong order. How fucked up is that??
I laughed really hard when you posted your action list haha
In post 939, innocentvillager wrote:Joushi did really well for a newbie, there was nothing in particular I could really catch him on. I still think there were wayyyyyy too many reasons to believe I was real tracker, but Joushi's fakeclaim was plausible from many angles and for a cc in general, let alone a newbie cc, that's pretty difficult. Props to the scumteam.
Thanks. If anybody cares to see the previous games I've played on this site they are Newbie 1076 and Open 288 as Kagetora so I'm not COMPLETELY new, just rusty as hell and looking to get back into things.
In post 953, innocentvillager wrote:huh, interesting pt.

Another thing I should've pointed out that came as scummy but I forgot to is how Joushi literally COPIED my notation for the tracking results ("nv on ___ n1, nv on ____ n2"). The actual wording is pretty different, i.e. "X didn't visited anybody last night". The fact that he copied my exact format suggested subconsciously that he was copying all of me, i.e. my claim.
Haha I was trying to make the post seem rushed/written without careful reading of the rest of the posts since my own. I was at work, but it was actually pretty dead and I was pretty up to date on the thread the whole time last night
PenguinPower wrote:
Nah. You were pretty obvscum from my viewpoint so I knew I was going to have a lot to come back from. Rather risk me being seen than confirming Joushi. Worked out.
@IV: We actually had the opposite reasoning there, literally nobody was scumreading me except for Enefpe who I didn't think anybody would listen to so I felt that if for whatever reasons I was tracked in the night and confirmed scum, the game was over. Better to risk one player than the whole game. When we both went back to being reasonably town-read, we did go with the person who was more town-read. While maybe not the best strategy, it worked this time
Transcend I think I a couple more days without an IS vote I think I would've convinced you lol ;)
I was actually pretty impressed you got him to unvote at all. I only CC'd you because of how confident I was that Transcend would vote for you
In post 975, karnos wrote:Also, I thought transcend was playing like he was because he was a cop or tracker.
Same, I consider myself pretty good at determining who PRs are because like people have said they tend to look scummy because they have something to hide. I was actually really blindsided by the VT -> IV tracker claims but we'd already developed a plausible story/plan for what would happen if anybody claimed tracker. The only person I wouldn't have CC'd was Stove

Also for the record, I actually didn't know what crumbing was until yesterday, Karnos case against me scared the shit out of me because of how on point it was, the game was wayyy more fun when Enefpe disappeared but I definitely chose to overreact to his playstyle instead of ignoring it,
Joushi
Joushi
Goon
Joushi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #993 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Joushi »

Also while I'm pretty happy with how I played most of the game, let me know what kind of things I need to work on if can think of them!
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #994 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Transcend »

Kudos to J. I don't think you received a single vote all game.

Xalxe: is there a dead PT?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #995 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:50 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 310, Enefpe no Time wrote:Im a pr fuck off
potg right here guys
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #996 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:31 pm

Post by ironstove »

never listening to transcend again. :)
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #997 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by ironstove »

I blame myself for not just manning up and taking accountability. I should have voted joushi and went afk. That would have been the play of the game, altho I'm pretty sure A. Joushi would not have been lynched and B. I probably would have been lynched LOL.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #998 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 978, Soula wrote:

/mafiaisnotforme
tbh, if that interaction between you and enefpe made you rage quit, I'd agree that mafia just ain't for you.

I regret rage voting IV when joushi made the most scummy post on the planet that made me sus him since D2
1.1. Stove is town. Pretty confident here. Like, I don't think you could convince me to vote for him this game short of a scumclaim
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #999 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by ironstove »

Transcend, you're pro as hell on EM and I'll continue to sheep you in games on that site but you've lost all of your cred to me when it comes to MS......

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”