Newbie 1732 [Game Over!]: InnocentVille

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 690, shannon wrote:From my POV, the options are:

1) Scum targeted Chrimi and she really is BP - in this case we have a roleblocker and goon, so my role is of little use given that everyone has worked out that I'm a PR
2) Chrimi is scum and fake claiming
3) Chrimi is town and fake claiming
Oh yeah, and if it's scenario one, it's
basically throwing the game
, but no biggy right?

Also, did you forget:

4) Scum targeted whoever you fucking jailkept?

I hadn't worked out that you're a PR. I didn't see a soft claim, not sure if anyone else did.
shannon wrote:If she flips scum, come back to Cass tomorrow. If she's town, lynch TNE. That's the best I've got.
Don't forget to take the end of your claim post to line up some lynches!

:facepalm: Why shannon, why??
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Chrimi »

VOTE: shannon
Policy vote until shannon repents and I maybe replace out.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:20 am

Post by Chrimi »

On another note, apologies for the spam.

TNE is scum, shannon is the worst town, implosion is good town. Find TNE's partner after lynching her for me if I get NK'd tonight, kthx.
shannon
shannon
Mafia Scum
shannon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:28 am

Post by shannon »

Chrimi
Assuming your claim is real, scum would have known I was faking if I claimed tracker.

If your BP claim is TRUE, then based on my role, we have to be in A. That means scum has a role blocker, and there are only two options for roleblocker, A or 2... and by claiming BP so confidently and refusing to back away from it, you let scum know that we were not in 2. My claim just levells things for town so that they know too.

Also, I have an idea: I'm dead anyway, so lynch me today unless you're super sure about your scum choice. Then, instead of scum NKing me, they have to choose someone else - and that choice might be revealing.

(Yes I got out of bed just to write that)
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 703, shannon wrote:
Chrimi
Assuming your claim is real, scum would have known I was faking if I claimed tracker.

If your BP claim is TRUE, then based on my role, we have to be in A. That means scum has a role blocker, and there are only two options for roleblocker, A or 2... and by claiming BP so confidently and refusing to back away from it, you let scum know that we were not in 2. My claim just levells things for town so that they know too.

Also, I have an idea: I'm dead anyway, so lynch me today unless you're super sure about your scum choice. Then, instead of scum NKing me, they have to choose someone else - and that choice might be revealing.

(Yes I got out of bed just to write that)
No, stop trying to get us to lynch un-cc'd claims

And how the fuck was I supposed to know whether we had a tracker or a jailkeeper? Please stop blaming me for your shitty claim, thanks.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:38 am

Post by Chrimi »

I mean fuck, if we lynch you today then the scum get the easy choice of NKing me as the BP. That doesn't reveal jack shit.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Drone »

Holy... Shit!
I honestly didn't think you were jk, thought you were a bit too active.
This really does fuck up things. No use in lynching Shannon. It lowers the number of towns.
Chrimi might get nked, so it's best if we do not touch any of them. Having a clear towny is very very good.
We're left with tne and Cass.
According to my memory, one cannot perform actions while being jked. If tne is scum it might clear out why there was no nk.

There's also still Cass, seems a bit jimpy-jumpy. Could have tried to bus (if she's scum with tne).
Comes to think of it, Cass/tne is a possibility. Can explain why there was no nk.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Drone »

And yes, my top candidates are Cass/tne
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Cass »

Wtf is this game??

@Drone - you're not even trying anymore, or what? How am I bussing tne by making cases on you and explosion, having drone/imp/pp as scum top three and refusing to lynch her today? Was that a scumslip about you bussing her?

A jailkeeper claim, oh why... Oh my. I guess that means we don't lynch Shannon or Chrimi now. Btw, I thought I had spotted breadcrumbing for tracker from shannon, but w/e. Doesn't matter anymore now.

So scum is either TNE, or whoever targeted her, right? Oh, or neither, if Chrimi was the target. Jeeze, this really isn't helping. Shannon just got herself needlessly nk-ed is what it looks like to me.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:53 am

Post by Drone »

Votes Drone.
Uh no, impatient. Votes tne.
Wait wait, no, reflects stuff: votes Drone.
Ooh! A wagon! This time to the end!: Implosion
But here's a pink unicorn with sparkles!: Drone.

Are YOU trying anymore?
"Drone's posts seem townier recently.... *unvotes and votes Implosion* NOT!!! *votes Drone again*"

Please make up your mind.

Im not trying anymore?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:58 am

Post by implosion »

Warning, mostly train-of-thought-y post. And my meeting is ending now so I don't have time to think about the strategy stuff and be sure about it.

You have to realize there's a certain irony in you being jailkeeper after our last game, shannon...
I'm not sure why you said this:
and by the look of things everyone also knows I'm a PR.
I don't think everyone knew you were a PR and I'm not sure why you thought it. People were just townreading you because your play looks town. It looks like I'm not alone in this.

But it's irrelevant now. Now that you're claimed there's a simple optimal play: you should announce your target beforehand and follow what you've announced if we lynch scum today. That way if you die we'll at least wind up with a clear. Although there's a roleblocker if both you and Chrimi are real so it'll only actually be a clear if we lynch the roleblocker today. If we lynch town today then you shouldn't necessarily follow what you announce, instead you should try to guess who will be the scum who makes the kill and jailkeep them. Although again I guess this is irrelevant if there's a roleblocker.

Actually thinking a little more the optimal PR play (for shannon) is this:
-if we lynch a townie then shannon jailkeeps arbitrarily without paying attention to who it was announced on
-if we lynch a scum roleblocker then shannon jailkeeps whatever target she announced beforehand (which she should announce for this case)
-if we lynch a goon then shannon jailkeeps Chrimi. This is because if we lynch a goon, the other scum is either a RB or a goon. If they're a RB they'll just block+kill shannon so it doesn't matter who she jailkeeps. If they're a goon then they're Chrimi.

On that note Chrimi while I do think you're probably town I don't like you calling yourself confirmed; you are not confirmed. Your claim could be a gambit, or you could be scum who was only planning on actually committing to the claim if no counterclaims appeared. That said I'm personally not interested in lynching you for the forseeable future. If we're lucky then shannon stopped the kill last night and you still have a bp shot.
shannon wrote:Also, I have an idea: I'm dead anyway, so lynch me today unless you're super sure about your scum choice. Then, instead of scum NKing me, they have to choose someone else - and that choice might be revealing.
This is also a horrid idea. We very probably only have one mislynch left.

Anyway.
PP wrote:Why was that fine? Didn't Chrimi already have an intent to hammer in place? You have seemed to be protecting the Rocnix/Drone slot for most of this game.
I fail to see how saying something doesn't make me feel strongly either way in response to a question directly asking how I feel about it is "protecting". I also don't see how I've been defending that slot most of the game; I pushed Rocnix briefly then called her town, then voted drone, then unvoted drone for Cass and now drone is in about the middle of the pack for me reads-wise.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 710, implosion wrote:I fail to see how saying something doesn't make me feel strongly either way in response to a question directly asking how I feel about it is "protecting". I also don't see how I've been defending that slot most of the game; I pushed Rocnix briefly then called her town, then voted drone, then unvoted drone for Cass and now drone is in about the middle of the pack for me reads-wise.
Fair enough, and maybe "deflecting" would be a better term, but you have been "deflecting" when people scumread his actions. See below:

Spoiler:
In post 298, implosion wrote:And now I want to call rocnix townier. That's a really, really weird 180 to make if she's scum. She just got a case on me and I think it's not that hard to rebut what I said if she's scum and wants to keep pushing.
In post 448, implosion wrote:
In post 446, 0x40 wrote:
In post 444, Drone wrote:Cut your rude and pestering attitude out.
And no. I won't.
Sorry to inform you, but I can't get into business all that quickly, you might have a memory of w/e you want.
Mine is limited.
Mine is to start working my way, and yours is to calm down.
"I'm not gonna bother giving reads on more than 2 players, because the guy that criticized me for not doing so sounded rude to me!"
"Getting reads is way too difficult for me, because my memory is so limited I can't remember anything meaningful!"

Yeah. You may as well claim scum then, because I doubt that even a pr claim would save you from getting lynched if you refuse to give reads on more than 2 players.

UNVOTE: Chrimi
VOTE: Drone
Yet again, you're taking a very black and white approach to things - not everyone has the time, motivation or attention span, even as town, to re-read over a game several times. There are plenty of good players on this site who will replace into games and then not even read them because it's more productive to focus effort on deducing reads from actually interacting with players.

He literally made his first post 3 hours ago; only having reads on two players at that point is not a scumclaim.
In post 498, implosion wrote:Myself and Drone were also expressing suspicion near the end so the hammer in particular is meaningless.
In post 636, implosion wrote:Why is Drone on the same level as TNE? Last thing I can see you directly saying about him is calling him a misguided townie.
In post 674, implosion wrote:Drone's intent to hammer post is fine. Doesn't make me feel strongly either way.

Your voting for Drone was, "Let me see what happens when I safely do this." And, then a wagon came along. Hop.

Your above post is towny though. Town trying to help town or scum trying to appear towny?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:50 am

Post by thenewearth »

WHY WOULD THIS HAPPEN THOUGH?
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:51 am

Post by thenewearth »

ONLY THE BP SHOULD CLAIM

OH MY GOD
thenewearth
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
thenewearth
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:51 am

Post by thenewearth »

I'M GONNA SCREAM
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:55 am

Post by Drone »

@pp
Instead of haunting Implosion could you please do something useful? If I'm not wrong, Cass is at L-1.
Are you okay with the Cass wagon? If not speak up why. If yes, consider questioning her while intending to hammer.

Don't get me wrong, if I would have been protected, it would have been something I've been speaking against. Rest the case with 0x40. A player with terrible arguments, these "protections" you accuse Implosion of, are clarifications and tips from him as an IC.

The thing with Cass is, that her accusation was plain bad. Althoughthe fact that she herself was on the wagon somewhat got forgot.

Just look at the voting pattern of Cass, I summed it up for the ease of all.
Literally, starts a case on me, leaves it aside for a wagon, gets back to me, leaves yet again for an wagon, and returns to me.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Drone »

At least we have a confirmed role list.
bp, jk, 5 vt.
Mrb, Mgoon.
Chrimi is BP.
Shannon in JK.
Either way, day 3 will begin with a confirmed town. That's good.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:04 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 715, Drone wrote:Instead of haunting Implosion could you please do something useful? If I'm not wrong, Cass is at L-1.
Sorry you don't see it as useful...actually, no I'm not. I'm not "haunting" just him - my vote is still on TNE If you recall, I have all three of you in my scumreads - at differing levels of scumminess - so I will continuing "haunting" all three of you for now.

I've asked for a votecount from the mod and will not change my vote to anyone until I can see it confirmed. I've also yet to see a good case on why Cass, so even absent the madness that is going on right now, I would not hammer at this point. With the madness going on right now, I don't have a clue where to go from here. There just seems to be a lot of "WTF shannon, you suck, I'm replacing out" going on.

p-edit

We don't actually. We assume that Chrimi is BP and Shannon is JK. That would confirm the setup, if true. As has been stated, Chrimi could be lying and we could be in Setup A. I don't think she is, but it's still in the realm of possibility so nothing is "confirmed."
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:21 am

Post by Drone »

Okay so, according to what you say,
tne is the biggest candidate to be scum now.
If I'm following the theory, column A:
-No nk on n1.
-Shannon jk'ed tne.
-There's no other pr in the game.
-Chrimi is lying.
-It's either tne is scum and was performing the kill or Mafia tried to kill tne.
Why would mafia try kill tne?
If anyone, mafia would have been trying wipe out the IC first thing.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Cass »

Nah, it seems more likely they both are telling the truth, wich means we have a goon and a roleblocker, and we really need to lynch that roleblocker to salvage this mess. So don't lynch me, because I'm just a VT (since we're all claiming... And I'm at L-1... Not that this claim changes anything), and killing another townie, especially before talking over the current mess leaves town in a pretty hopeless situation next day.

The most likely situation is indeed that tne is scum and was prevented from killing - but that's just statistics and not enough for me to base a lynch on.

@drone - your little list shows me going back and forth between my top two scum reads, plus one vote on tne for pressure. There's nothing scummy aboit it, and I'm not ashamed of my behavior. It just reflects my changing perceptions, since at no point was either of you about to be lynched.
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 am

Post by AstralFlare »

IM JUST GONNA SAY
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:52 am

Post by AstralFlare »

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS GAME
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:54 am

Post by AstralFlare »

Chrimi stop the policy vote onto Shannon for gods sake. She's conf town, you're conf town, we can't afford a mislynch tonight. Put your vote on implosion/TNE
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:56 am

Post by AstralFlare »

My thoughts on Cass:

You guys are attacking her for switching votes quick. Switching votes quick is towny af. As town you want to join wagons but not to the point where it becomes a lynch, to put pressure on people and see whether their defense in scummy/overly defensive etc. And this isn't just joining wagons for the heck of it, this is joining wagons backed up with explanation on the votes and ISO analyses. So yeah no.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

In post 700, Chrimi wrote:4) Scum targeted whoever you fucking jailkept?
Why would scum target fucking TNE?? She's been cryptic and anti town and generally unhelpful and scum

Also while on TNE I just think she's town who doesn't gaf too much about winning this shit. I mean it's consistent with her meta.

Sorry I'm pretty worked up

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”