Mini 113:Peril in Per-Djehuty (Game Over)

Thoth
Thoth
Not the spot
Thoth
Not the spot
Not the spot

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:06 pm

Post by Thoth »

vote count:

Argoti 2 (Uraj45, Argoti)
MeMe 1 (mlaker)
big_kahunia 1 (Fuldu)
BlueSin 1 (gashlycrumb)
gashlycrumb 1 (MeMe)
Maverick 1 (BlueSin)

No Lynch 1 (BeyondTheGame)

Not voting: big_kahunia, BlueSin, Narninian, Maverick

6 to lynch

This game is slowing down too much. I know it was the weekend, but even then. I'm setting a
Deadline at Thursday 3AM (EST)
. Should discussion pick up before that time or enough players request it, it may be lifted.
BeyondTheGame
BeyondTheGame
Townie
BeyondTheGame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:54 pm

Post by BeyondTheGame »

Ok lets see if we can kick start this game back up...

Unvote : No Lynch

I'm going to go against my beliefs here and cast a vote on someone as the deadline looms opon us.. anyhoo.. Maverick hasn't contributed much to the day.. I'm not going on recently.. As I understand the circumstances but looking back at a few of his posts... it seems he has nothing to contribute.. I would like to hear a bit more about him but due to current problems he has with Storms and Stuff I'm going to hold off on casting a vote on him...

I don't want to cast a vote on MeMe as there isn't much for me to go on there.. she has contributed to the chat well enough and that is enough to satisfy me..

This brings me to Big Kahunia who I would like to hear more of... so I'm going to toss down the gaunlet and ask that we hear a bit more by casting the 2nd Vote on her... in attempt to create a bit more chatter in this game

Vote: Big Kahunia
BeyondTheGame
BeyondTheGame
Townie
BeyondTheGame
Townie
Townie

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:56 pm

Post by BeyondTheGame »

Sorry about that Big Kahunia I meant Him..
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:28 am

Post by Argoti »

Unvote Argoti

Enough of that nonsense

Vote MeMe
The End is near? Meh.
gashlycrumb
gashlycrumb
Townie
gashlycrumb
Townie
Townie

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:35 am

Post by gashlycrumb »

It's been three days since MeMe said she'd start lurking, and while I realise that the day's been dragging and none of us have been posting much, MeMe seemed scummy and suspicious even before she announced her deliberate lurking strategy, and allowing her to deliberately lurk is just making it too easy for her if she's scum.
unvote: BlueSin
vote: MeMe
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:54 am

Post by MeMe »

What a surprise.
Remember...It's not a lie if you believe it. -- G. Costanza
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:16 am

Post by MeMe »

Let me point out that mlaker and Narninian have both not been here since I posted my intent to lurk...and that your vote on me is YOUR first post since before then. So give me a break -- at least accuse me of something you yourself haven't been doing. Or is it MORE suspicious to
say
you're not going to post before lurking than to say
nothing
and do the same? Gah.

And, because I can't stand to have gashly's terming my lurking a "strategy," I'll cut & paste my post.
MeMe wrote:This game is making me extremely irritated.

I'll pop in if it's absolutely necessary I do so -- e.g. if someone makes a compelling case against another and I think I should change my vote...but I'm really hoping I'll be spared the trouble. I'll continue to read, but I will be deliberately lurking from here to the end of the day. I don't have the patience to respond anymore. I've worked hard to be clear and fair, but I don't think I can continue to do so without blowing a fuse.
It's not a
strategy
-- just mental health preservation.

I've pointed to whom I think is most scummy and I'm voting that player. I'm also still keeping my Argoti eye open because doctor claim or no -- he's playing very stupidly. Claimed early, says he thinks I'm getting scummier and scummier based, apparently, on mlaker's and gashly's brilliant points against me (yes -- that's sarcasm), and voting himself with a "lynch the doctor instead" punctuation as though he & I are the only two choices on the table. And, of course, there's mlaker who's only spared my voting wrath because of his mason claim -- but don't think for a minute I believe it.
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:26 pm

Post by big_kahunia »

No worries about the pronoun, BTG.

I'm mostly suspicous of Narninian, mainly for this post:
Narninian wrote:It's truly a shame that the doc came out - I'm hoping that the no -self protection bit was a lie to make mafia waste a night kill tonight. ...
That quote seems a bit to rich for me with the word "truly", as if he is just saying it to sound like he genuinely concerned.
vote: Narninian
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
BlueSin
BlueSin
Unique
BlueSin
Unique
Unique

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:58 am

Post by BlueSin »

unvote: maverick vote: meme

seems like we don't have a good lead today. but at least we had some 'discussion'. Meme are more emotional than in other game I think. I just vote who I think is scummy and hope I did the right thing.
Why people always find me suspicous?
big_kahunia
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
big_kahunia
Intimate Stranger
Intimate Stranger

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:49 am

Post by big_kahunia »

Thoth, at deadline is 1/2 majority of 1/4 total people to lynch, aka 3?
My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Psalms 73:26 (NIV)
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:02 am

Post by MeMe »

Unbelievable.

--mlaker OMGUSed me and has stuck (without speaking for four days now, apparently happily watching what he started gain momentum)
--Argoti voted me for getting "scummier and scummier" (though his posts as a whole are textbook non-content -- look at them for crying out loud)
--Gashly voted me for deliberately lurking when there had been three people (
gashly included
) who'd been lurking for longer than I
--BlueSin voted me for being emotional.

The lack of logic used against me in this game is simply incredible. Though I almost prefer to be out of this game than keep playing with people who refuse sense, I simply
cannot
intentionally throw in the towel. It'd be great if I didn't have to claim, but I have four votes now which will kill me @ deadline and only two more need join this nonsensical bandwagon to put an end to me prior to deadline.

I'm the "newbie cop." Note that in one of my early posts I pointed out that DP's role was interestingly worded...that was to bring it to everyone's attention that he'd been a cop and probably now has a replacement. I don't have a guilty result.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:27 am

Post by MeMe »

And I just saw Argoti on but he didn't unvote me.

At the very least, that's reckless and makes me more suspicious of him (especially given his silly reaction to Uraj voting him though he'd already claimed doc).
Argoti
Argoti
Goon
Argoti
Goon
Goon

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:35 am

Post by Argoti »

You're right I'm being reckless. Oh well.
The End is near? Meh.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:36 am

Post by MeMe »

Excellent. Great plan.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:55 am

Post by MeMe »

Thoth - please clarify how many votes will lynch at deadline.

Town: if I'm lynched, please do me a favor and view with extreme suspicion anyone who puts a vote on me at this point or refuses to unvote me. Remember, what they have to be saying is either "I don't believe her" or "I don't care" both of which are crazy ways to play -- especially given the high number of suspicious others in this game.

Exception to this plea is Argoti. I tend to think that his admission of recklessness is just that. Scum have to know I'll turn up innocent if lynched, so to admit deliberate recklessness in keeping his vote on me -- though extremely irritating -- is probably the act of a townie who isn't processing the thread carefully rather than scum with a deathwish (see, he could have easily said "I didn't even see your post!" and unvoted me rather than agreeing that he's playing with fire and setting himself up for a lynch tomorrow). However -- this "I'm reckless" attitude shouldn't be counted as innocence for anyone else now that I've pointed it out.

If I die, please put my lynchers at the top of the suspect list...my preference goes gashly then mlaker then BlueSin.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 8:15 am

Post by Fuldu »

Curiously, though I've been defending MeMe all this time, I find this role claim uncompelling. I don't see anything in DP's role description to suggest that he had investigative powers in addition to his vigilante powers. Based on my own role PM, I'm not inclined to agree with MeMe's suggestion that the "retired cop" aspect of the DP flavortext indicates anything more than flavor. And, if DP didn't have investigative powers, then there's no reason anyone would have replaced him.

unvote: big_kahunia; vote: MeMe
It takes a village to raise a lynch mob.
Narninian
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Narninian
Contracts STDs
Contracts STDs

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:23 am

Post by Narninian »

I dont think we should lynch meme --- I dont know who to lynch though -- there seems to be too many suspicious people to narrow it down as to who to lynch. Joining the Meme bandwagon seems easy at this point - Deadline looming and deliberate lurking, but I dont think it is as easy as that.
The extra in is for /in
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:25 am

Post by MeMe »

I didn't say I took over for DP, Fuldu.
Please
remove your votes before you make a heinous (and very very avoidable) mistake. I
also
think that the "retired cop" is flavor...but it's flavor that matches my own role of "newbie cop." I pointed out DP's role as "retired cop" early so that you'd recognize my claim as truth if I ever had to give it.

I'm frankly flabbergasted that I'm this close to being lynched. If it happens, it will be my first time ever lynched when I have an innocent role. So --
scum, you should be proud of yourselves
. It's quite difficult to get me lynched when I'm on the side of right. Town, you should be ashamed of yourselves if you let it happen. At least give the rest of the players the luxury of breathing room by removing one vote! I'll die at deadline anyway, but to push me this close before several have even seen my claim is beyond reckless -- it's arrogant.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 10:31 am

Post by Fuldu »

Fair enough. Breathing room...
unvote: MeMe
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:11 am

Post by MeMe »

I want to explain this -- because I realize that these two posts could be exploited as inconsistent if I don't.
MeMe wrote:Note that in one of my early posts I pointed out that DP's role was interestingly worded...that was to bring it to everyone's attention that he'd been a cop and probably now has a replacement.
This is referring to pre-game happenings -- back story.
MeMe wrote:I didn't say I took over for DP, Fuldu.
Please
remove your votes before you make a heinous (and very very avoidable) mistake. I
also
think that the "retired cop" is flavor...but it's flavor that matches my own role of "newbie cop." I pointed out DP's role as "retired cop" early so that you'd recognize my claim as truth if I ever had to give it.
This is clarification that I'm not a backup in this game -- newbie cop is my original role.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:15 am

Post by Fuldu »

This is the misinterpretation I originally made. I can see where your present interpretation is also a reasonable one, and as such I've removed my vote, but I'm not wholly convinced that there's any reason to think that this clears your role claim.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:16 am

Post by MeMe »

Fine. I do appreciate you allowing the space regardless.
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:21 am

Post by Fuldu »

It occurs to me that, as the deadline approaches, if it seems increasingly likely that you're going to be lynched, you should reveal your innocent result from last night.
MeMe
MeMe
Post or Perish
MeMe
Post or Perish
Post or Perish

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:22 am

Post by MeMe »

I'm still more than 24 hours from a lynch -- I'm hoping that more people will realize that I'm a very poor choice and roll onto someone else (gashly? Anyone? Anyone?).
Fuldu
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Fuldu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:24 am

Post by Fuldu »

Quite right. I didn't mean now, but late Wednesday I'd definitely consider it.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”