Newbie 1732 [Game Over!]: InnocentVille

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:41 am

Post by AstralFlare »

TNE last words?
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:00 am

Post by innocentvillager »

Mod Notes

VOTECOUNT Day 2 FINAL
Player
Being voted by (in chronological order)
Number of Votes
1. Cass
2. AstralFlare
3. PenguinPower
5. Drone
6. Chrimi
7. thenewearth PenguinPower, Chrimi, Drone, implosion, shannon
5 (LYNCH)!!
8. shannon
9. implosion thenewearth, Cass

Not voting: AstralFlare
With 8 eligible to vote, it's 5 to lynch
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:06 am

You celebrate on the lack of death last night, but still remain wary that the NotSoInnocentVillagers lurk out there somewhere.

You accuse thenewearth, who looks like a good target. After all, there can't be a new earth, surely? There is only one!

You help the others drag thenewearth out into the open, hanging a noose around her neck.

She resists, but only lightly, as she suffocates calmly to her demise.

But you search her house, and of course, you find nothing. Which means, they will kill again.

thenewearth,
Vanilla Townie
, was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2.

Night actions are due to me in (expired on 2016-09-05 18:06:50).
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:32 pm

You go home for the night, happy with your success so far. You're in the process of turning this corrupt, faux-innocent town into a realistic society.

You know who the next target is: it had to be shannon. After all, she claimed Jailkeeper during the day. You set out for her house with your tools: chloroform, a dagger, and a gun just in case.

You creep up to her house stealthily only to hear the front door open, as she stands in front of you with her full prison guard outfit. Shit! It looks like she sees you!

"Is... is that you? What are you doing here?"

"Oh... hey shannon! Yeah I'm just uh... stopping by to check a few things." She looks down and glances at the tools you're holding, but it doesn't seem like she's noticed the gun or the knife.

"Well, I'm just about to go to the county jail to lock someone up for the night," she says, as she walks uncomfortably towards you. "Wanna come with?"

"Oh... no! I think I'm okay, I was just..."

"Just what?" she asks.

"Hanging around! I'm actually going home now..."

"Yeah? And... were you going to... try and.. KILL ME WITH THAT DAGGER??" she screams, as she lunges at you.

You realize your cover is blown. Shannon tackles you to the ground, trying to wrest the dagger from your pocket. You grunt and struggle as you try to get out of her grasp, but she's too strong. Just as she breaks the dagger free from you and raises it to strike, you whip out your gun on instinct and it's all over in a bang.

"What the fuck was that?"
"Did someone die?"

You hear voices, disturbed by the gunshot. You quickly toss the gun into a nearby trash can and run away to the nearest cover. The villagers come rushing out one by one... as you do a quick change of clothes and run back towards the crime scene.

"Oh my god!" you shout. "Shannon... our jailkeeper... gone!"

It's hard to say it without a relieved smile on your face.

shannon,
Town Jailkeeper
, has died Night 2.

Day 3 begins now.

Deadline to lynch is in (expired on 2016-09-19 19:32:54)
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:12 pm

Post by Chrimi »

"Claiming wasn't a bad idea, you forced me to!"

So, can't say this was a surprise. Thoughts on tne's flip?
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

It clears you.

Although I was entertaining the possibility of scum NKing you, like they probably tried to N1. RB could have just blocked Shannon, couldn't they?

I'll ISO some people, probably Imp first.

P.S. Ty mod for the entertaining announcements.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Alright. We're in MYLO now, which means if we mislynch, we lose. This basically gives us two options: lynch or no-lynch to restore parity (i.e., put us back at an odd number of players so that we have a smaller lynch pool). The downside of no-lynching is that Chrimi will probably die; however, while she is very probably town, and she will still insist that she is clear in spite of her objectively not being clear, she is not clear. It is still possible for her to be scum. Because of that, we can nolynch and let her die (assuming that she is in fact town) to restore parity. If someone else dies then we can reconsider things.

There is a good argument for still lynching today, however. It's still theoretically possible that shannon blocked the n1 kill if it was on tne; if she did, then Chrimi still has a bp shot and won't die tonight because scum would be forced to kill someone else to maintain the game in evens (i.e. even number of players alive during day). I really do doubt this though. So I don't have a strong preference between lynching and nling.

tne's flip is unfortunate but I don't really have any thoughts on it.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by Drone »

Af, Chrimi is not clear as Implosion said.
It's very possible that tne was saved, unlikely.. But possible.

There's still the possibility we're dealing with goon/goon (don't remember the grid's line names)

Only now I realise how bad this jk claim was.

Thoughts on tne flip:
We didn't lose a big contributor. But her death contributed to my understanding that were back to square 1 again.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by Chrimi »

VOTE: implosion

It's at the point where I'm clear. The only person who questioned this in my last newbie game was scum. B)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by implosion »

No. I am making this distinction as the IC, for the sake of education.

You are not clear. It's common for players to call other players or themselves clear when they aren't, and it's often misconstrued in situations like this. Clear is a word that is used to describe players who formally cannot be scum unless a town-aligned player is lying. An innocent child, an un-counterclaimed partner to a dead mason, an un-counterclaimed claimant in an open setup where that role is guaranteed to exist. Your role isn't guaranteed to exist. I agree it would be bad play for you to have claimed in the way you had unless you were ready to retract and say something like "i was just forcing the real bp to claim" which likely wouldn't have flied; however, you are not clear because it is still formally possible for you to be scum.

It's an important distinction because it's important to be critical in general of players who call themselves clear, because there are scum who will attempt to manipulate the game state to make themselves seem clear. I believe you are town; however, it's important that we as town players do due diligence and don't just accept someone who declares that they are clear because they wouldn't have done X as scum as being clear, and check that they really wouldn't have done X.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by implosion »

I am not, nor have I ever since you claimed, questioning that you are town; I do believe you are town and I can't imagine much shaking me of that (even if we no-lynched and someone else was killed, I would still probably think you were town); I take issue with you declaring yourself clear.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:38 pm

Post by Chrimi »

Questioning someone who was in my exact position would've been the only way for scum to win my last newbie. So let's not, mm?
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:38 pm

Post by Drone »

In post 840, Chrimi wrote:Implosion isn't scum.

I understand if you think tne is town and want to start a different wagon, but please choose someone actually scummy- Like AstralFlare, Cass, Drone, Penguin.. I know that's most of the playerlist but implosion just isn't scum. None of his posts make sense coming from scum, his thought process is town.. There isn't even a real case on him except people just saying "yeah I guess implosion is scum: vote"

A contradiction incoming;
In post 858, Chrimi wrote:VOTE: implosion
It's at the point where I'm clear. The only person who questioned this in my last newbie game was scum. B)
You're not clear, widely town read by most, that is.
Nothing confirms a bp exists, if we would have gotten a rb flip, then we'd have had you cleared.
And why are you voting Implosion? Is it an OMGUS?
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:42 pm

Post by Chrimi »

In post 862, Drone wrote:
In post 840, Chrimi wrote:Implosion isn't scum.

I understand if you think tne is town and want to start a different wagon, but please choose someone actually scummy- Like AstralFlare, Cass, Drone, Penguin.. I know that's most of the playerlist but implosion just isn't scum. None of his posts make sense coming from scum, his thought process is town.. There isn't even a real case on him except people just saying "yeah I guess implosion is scum: vote"

A contradiction incoming;
In post 858, Chrimi wrote:VOTE: implosion
You're not clear, widely town read by most, that is.
Nothing confirms a bp exists, if we would have gotten a rb flip, then we'd have had you cleared.
And why are you voting Implosion? Is it an OMGUS?
I'm voting implosion because in my last newbie game, the only person questioning whether or not the BP was clear or not was scum.
AstralFlare
AstralFlare
Goon
AstralFlare
Goon
Goon

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by AstralFlare »

A one game sample size isn't much to go on... If you're voting implosion there's far more scummy things you can base it on, I'm sure.

I used the word 'clear' since it's extremely inprobable TNE was targeted day one: just think, if you were scum, would you rather kill TNE or Chrimi?
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:39 pm

Post by Cass »

Well, that's it for PR information. We'll have to do this the old-fashioned way...

And calmly consider all our options, now there is no room for mistakes anymore. First, the easy one:

- No lynch: I understand the numbers, and it can be an option if we can't agree on anything else, but I don't think this wil help town now. My guess is scum kill me, AF or Chrimi. None of those improve the situation much - maybe slightly if it's Chrimi, but scum has no need to kill her so probably won't - and, no. It doesn't help.
- Lynch me: Town loses, so no.
- Lynch Chrimi: I'm pretty sure she is honest, so town would lose. No. Even more convinced by her willingness to vote already.
- Lynch anyone else: my gut says AF is town, Drone and Implosion still look like scum (Implosion current favorite), but PP's silence makes me paranoid. I need to do some rereading. Maybe build a case on everyone, to see what I can dig up.

Also, as of today, looking at connections / scumpairs is totally ok. So I'll be doing that too.

@AstralFlare: there was really no reason for scum to risk keeping Shannon alive. The danger to them was that we could lynch the RB today. Now it doesn't matter anymore. I'm torn on whether your post makes you even more townie, or opens the possibility of clever scum.

However, I think this is ok, and a good place for my vote:
VOTE: Implosion
Can't bake an omelette without killing a few people.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by Cass »

@Mod: Love the flavor! :)
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:22 am

Post by Drone »

L-2 on Implosion if I'm not mistaken.

@Chrimi
That's hardly a case, a coincidence perhaps?
Besides, I too think it's possible that you are not a bp, and that you might as well be scum who had tremendous great timing.
It's a possibility, and I can't ignore it. However I do not rush to accuse you of being scum.
Currently I feel you're towny but I will pay more attention to your posts..

@Astralflare
I'd definitely pick Chrimi over tne for a nk as a scum, but this question you just asked makes you scummy af.
Also tne's been on your trail on end day 2.

VOTE: AstralFlare

I hardly remember any contribution you've made to town, in fact I've been following your patten of posting and it really feels like you've been sliding under the radar with only showing up here and there and blend in the ongoing topic at the time.
Offering mostly rephrased context of the same content already been shared and discussed.
Then you come questioning whom would we nk'ed in between tne and Chrimi.
I mean, could be improbability scum were aiming for,
And you still mentioning it and siding with Chrimi doesn't sound too well.
Give us content, reads, thoughts. Anything to work with
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

If this is MyLo, why are we starting a wagon on someone so early unless you have strong feelings that they are scum? Couldn't scum just hop on the wagon and win?

Labor Day weekend festivities took me away, but I'll catch up and post my thoughts. Until then, please unvote.
Cass
Cass
Mafia Scum
Cass
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:19 am

Post by Cass »

In post 868, PenguinPower wrote:If this is MyLo, why are we starting a wagon on someone so early unless you have strong feelings that they are scum? Couldn't scum just hop on the wagon and win?

Labor Day weekend festivities took me away, but I'll catch up and post my thoughts. Until then, please unvote.
Sure, but since neither you or Drone did, the risk seems minimal. Just in case I'm utterly wrong here, I'll do as you ask.
UNVOTE: Implosion (For the record: I'm still pretty sure that he is scum.)
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:15 am

Post by PenguinPower »

So, I don't see much having changed since my last reads were posted. Chrimi is still conf!town to me. I don't think the TNE lynch really gave us much since everyone except Cass was on the wagon. I do have to question whether both scum were on the wagon or if one stayed off to provide some distancing. No evidence there...just a possibility.

AF hasn't done anything to make me change my read on him...still leaning town. Cass still null...I would have gone leantown, but remaining off the TNE wagon, and the quick start of an implosion wagon at the beginning of the day are a bit offputting. Still, unvoted.

I still think implosion and drone as our two scumiest. Implosion has been deflecting for Done as I previously stated, and Drone got onto me about "haunting" implosion. I also don't like implosion trying to muddy the waters on Chrimi...stating that she isn't cleared, but then coming back and stating that he was only mentioning that as an IC and that he thought she was town. Shouldn't you have expressly stated that you were speaking as an IC in that moment? You did state that you would mark any IC posts specifically as IC posts...
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:06 am

Post by Drone »

If you advocate 0x40's behaviour and find the IC not an eligible individual to handle it, then your whole post is voided.
Oh also if you manage to prove Chrimi's innocence, please do post the proof. I really would like to know where you get this safe feeling from.
Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:08 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 867, Drone wrote:L-2 on Implosion if I'm not mistaken.

@Chrimi
That's hardly a case, a coincidence perhaps?
Besides, I too think it's possible that you are not a bp, and that you might as well be scum who had tremendous great timing.
It's a possibility, and I can't ignore it. However I do not rush to accuse you of being scum.
Currently I feel you're towny but I will pay more attention to your posts..

@Astralflare
I'd definitely pick Chrimi over tne for a nk as a scum, but this question you just asked makes you scummy af.
Also tne's been on your trail on end day 2.

I hardly remember any contribution you've made to town, in fact I've been following your patten of posting and it really feels like you've been sliding under the radar with only showing up here and there and blend in the ongoing topic at the time.
Offering mostly rephrased context of the same content already been shared and discussed.
Then you come questioning whom would we nk'ed in between tne and Chrimi.
I mean, could be improbability scum were aiming for,
And you still mentioning it and siding with Chrimi doesn't sound too well.
Give us content, reads, thoughts. Anything to work with
And give myself a 3/4 chance of suicide with no pressure on me? K then :roll:

On another note

Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:30 am

Post by Drone »

I'm gonna bold my comments as I'm commenting inside the quote window.
In post 870, PenguinPower wrote:So, I don't see much having changed since my last reads were posted. Chrimi is still conf!town to me. I don't think the TNE lynch really gave us much since everyone except Cass was on the wagon. I do have to question whether both scum were on the wagon or if one stayed off to provide some distancing. No evidence there...just a possibility.

Wait what? So according to you we lynched tne for nothing? Are you sure you're still with us?

AF hasn't done anything to make me change my read on him...still leaning town.

Well then if he didn't do anything to change you're reads, what has he done to make you read him town? I don't see it..

Cass still null...I would have gone leantown, but remaining off the TNE wagon, and the quick start of an implosion wagon at the beginning of the day are a bit offputting. Still, unvoted.

Ouch. This one just... Like... Completely deleted every town read I had on you.
You don't know why we lynched tne, you don't give any meaningful points and your general blabbery about things we've gone over makes me wanna switch my vote. Really bad.

Chrimi
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Chrimi
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Chrimi »

In post 873, Drone wrote:Cass still null...I would have gone leantown, but remaining off the TNE wagon, and the quick start of an implosion wagon at the beginning of the day are a bit offputting. Still, unvoted.

Ouch. This one just... Like... Completely deleted every town read I had on you.
You don't know why we lynched tne, you don't give any meaningful points and your general blabbery about things we've gone over makes me wanna switch my vote. Really bad.

[/quote]
Oh hey, that read on Cass looks totally like a scumbuddy read.

Drone & Cass scumteam, anyways?

Still dislike AstroFlare but... :shifty:

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”