mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 6:40 am

Post by mykonian »

It is necessary to be a fox to discover the snares and a lion to terrify the wolves.

votecount

hiplop (5): Petroleumjelly, Lalaladucks, Cogito Ergo Sum, Implosion, Equinox
Uptoolate (2): Katsuki, Bulbazak
Snarkysnowman (1): Uptoolate
Nahdia (1): Hiplop
Cogito Ergo Sum (1): Snarkysnowman

not voting (3): DrippingGoofball, Deathrowkitty, Pitoli

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:28 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

Vanity wagon!

VOTE: Laladucks
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

nope
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:09 pm

oh yesssssssssssssssssssssssss
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:01 pm

Post by implosion »

long weekend was nice
hello game that i'm ignoring :X
I'll not ignore you at some point maybe :(
If people address questions to me then I'll answer them but I still have like no foothold into this game.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 7:31 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 676, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
I am not going to continue arguing the same points with Bulbazak. It seems more distracting (and largely ignored) than anything else. The role by itself sounds like a scum role, Bulbazak's actions to use and prove his ability strike me as scummy,
and
there is a claimed guilty result on the slot. For Day Two after we already lynched scum on Day One, that is
more
than enough for me, and more than I would normally to expect to go off of.
I get not wanting to have this devolve into an endless and pointless back and forth, but I asked some very serious questions there. But sure, we can just chalk it up to you being very inconsistent with how you deal with claims, and how, for someone who seems to be able to prefer critical thinking, I'm finding your reasoning very shallow.
In post 676, petroleumjelly wrote:
3.)
That said:
In post 667, Bulbazak wrote:Did you at least learn something from it? I was trying to engage Snarky so it would be easier to read him. I would expect something more concrete from you than just "Bored!".
I had a slight Townread on SnarkySnowman based on his Post #566 (his apparent belief of all the various 'claims' on Day One notwithstanding), and he actually moved beeboy (now Cogito Ergo Scum) up on my scumdar as I think he had a good point about how that slot seems to have been actively lurking.

But no, your additional dialogue with him was not very illuminating, since the gist of it was "why did you namedrop PJ" followed by a back-and-forth re-justifying your early-game play. You effectively made the conversation about defending yourself. The fact that you ended that conversation by saying SnarkySnowman is "probably Town" but you were still "divided" if he should be policy-lynched just makes you look worse from the exchange.
I've played with Snarky before and knew he'd just fade back into the shadows. So I prodded him for awhile to try to figure out where he was coming from. I felt he was town, although his thinking was misguided. That being said, I'm not sure if I'd really try to protect him if a policy lynch would be pushed through. I've recently come around to the utility they can have, although I'm still not wild about pursuing them. At the end of the day, I doubt I would vote him, but I wouldn't cry if he was lynched.

There are some things about this game that are bugging me, but I'm normally too preoccupied to look too much into them. If I get the time in the next couple of days, I might.

@Implosion: Talk to me about PJ and Hiplop. I have varying reads there, and that's my biggest concern. I have the power to end this any time I want, but I have a nagging feeling in my gut telling me something is very wrong here, and I don't want to get to the end of the day before I've fully sorted my reads out.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:00 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

In post 701, DrippingGoofball wrote:Vanity wagon!

VOTE: Laladucks
I might or might not join you on this if it doesn't ruin my opportunity to play hangman with her in-thread.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:04 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

What's the prod timer supposed to be? There are like 10 people who are over 2 days atm
DeathRowKitty
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
DeathRowKitty
she
Frog
Frog
Pronoun: she

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:17 am

Post by DeathRowKitty »

If scum were implosion + ducks + x, who would x be?

Actually nvm it would be KTS, right...

I'm not as convinced as CES that myko wouldn't manage to slip 4 scum into a 15 player game.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:17 am

Post by Bulbazak »

I'm just assuming 3 scum until proven wrong. I don't get your Implosions scum read, though.

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Katsuki »

coggy are you still scumreading equinox?

I wouldn't put it past MYKO to slip 8 scum into this game and make it a 2/2/2/1/1/7
Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:49 am

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 706, DeathRowKitty wrote:I might or might not join you on this if it doesn't ruin my opportunity to play hangman with her in-thread.
you haven't guessed a letter so this is a weird post?

i'm actually disappointed that you're not putting any effort into reading me
mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by mykonian »

I know it's a bad habit, I should put it in my votecounts, but:

Deadline is in 9 days
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Equinox »

I'm sorry. I can't do this.

Mod: Please replace me.
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
Okay. I am frustrated with all of these replacements. The moderator
specifically
asked players to treat this game like a commitment in sign-ups. I (at least) have a hard time reading and reconciling replacements, so this is only getting more difficult.

I
do not
understand the apparent lack of interest in this game, either. We lynched scum Day One -- and quickly, as opposed to a long, drawn-out lynch that breeds disinterest. Day Two started off with a guilty result, a stolen vote, and a lively discussion leading to a shift in the Leader. We aren't even sure what the Leader does yet. The Mod is posting fairly regular vote counts and timely prods. By all accounts there is enough going on in this game to keep players engaged.

I am going to (re)-propose that players actually
vote
. If you think this game needs life,
give it some life
. You can't just wait around for other people to do everything.

2.)
DrippingGoofball, your player list in Post #688 is missing myself and Cogito Ergo Sum. Where would you put us on your list?

3.)
DrippingGoofball, why are pitoli (kraska77) and lalaladucks scummy?

4.)
In post 679, hiplop wrote:Honestly if you think im avoiding the game and am not just busy, that is pre low? Im essentually a camp counselor this week
Yes, I
do
think you are avoiding this game. You
have
been posting on the site, as I have already illustrated. And your posts here a week ago were:
In post 588, hiplop wrote:promise i will get active tomororw and save this games activity

watch out scum butts
In post 629, hiplop wrote:Grrr I'm gonna get into this game asap i promise
In post 631, hiplop wrote:Okay. I am committing 100% to blowing off plans tonight to fuck up scum tonight.
You probably are busy outside of this game; I don't doubt it. So is everybody else, I expect. But you have specifically promised to post in this game -- to the point of "committing 100% to blowing off other plans" -- and you have failed to do so.

Here's where you can start. Address my Post #475. Then tell us who
you
think is scum. Is there some player you think is being overly ignored? Do you think somebody is playing weird? Any revelations about the 'squirrel crew'? Just do
something
Please.
It's not a game if you don't bother to play, and I am not keen on continually trying to figure you out based on one-liners and promises to post.

5.)
SnarkySnowman, can you elaborate on implosion? You have recently played together and it does not seem like there is much love lost between the two of you. You also (incorrectly) thought he was scum last game, and you seem to think he is potentially scum this game. Do you think there is something about his playstyle that makes you think he is scum, or is there something
more
this game that makes you have that read?

6.)
DeathRowKitty, I have asked you point-blank who is scum twice (because your posts really give no clue who you think is scum as of Day Two), and you have not even acknowledged me.
Please
take the time to read the game and post.

7.)
UpTooLate, based on your V/LA you should be returning soon. What do you think about SnarkySnowman now? What do you think of the replacements we've had while you were away?

8.)
Cogito Ergo Sum, please detail why you think Katsuki's guilty result is a fake claim. I have read over the events
multiple
times now and I still do not believe it is a fake claim.

Katsuki-scum does not make sense. I do not think Katsuki would kill camn Night One. Scum are far less likely to try a guilty-claim gambit on Day Two if a partner was just lynched on Day One. And even if scum were going to try a fake-guilty in that situation, claiming it on a player who was already bandwagoned and a suspect from Day One makes even less sense.

So the realistic question is whether Katsuki is Town fake-claiming a guilty. I understand that Katsuki apparently has a habit of 'fake-claiming' guilty results as Town. Fine. But this looks legitimate:

->
a.)
First, Katsuki made (what I think to be) an obviously fake claim at the end of Day One. If I had to guess, it was done along the lines of "I have a power role, so I might as well claim a power so ridiculous that scum will write me off not being a threat on Night One."
->
b.)
Second, Katsuki distanced himself from his vote on Killthestory, which would give scum less of an incentive to gun for Katsuki on Night One (as opposed to if Katsuki was leading the charge). I see this another attempt to subtly sway scum into thinking Katsuki was not a threat on Night One.
->
c.)
Third, I would completely think that if Katsuki had an investigative role that he would have investigated either Bulbazak or kraska77 on Night One.
->
d.)
Fourh, even after being elected Leader (i.e., in a position where we cannot lynch Katsuki), Katsuki has not backed down as having a guilty result on Bulbazak. And all of Katsuki's Day Two posts are consistent with a guilty reult on Bulbazak.

Even the boy who cried wolf eventually sees the wolf. And this is looking like the situation where Katsuki legitimately has a guilty result. I do not find the "lying about receiving the vote stealing PM" persuasive in the least. Yes it was
dumb
, but it doesn't make the guilty result less valid. The post that gives me the most doubt is indeed the obviously tongue-in-cheek:
In post 388, Katsuki wrote:I would never fake a guilty result hiplop. Pls don't fake guilty kids
But it reads as just that. Tongue-in-cheek. The fact is, Katsuki has had ample opportunity to back away from the claim if it is fake given that he has been elected Leader, and he has not done so. As you argued yourself, if he is faking he has probably already gotten what he wanted (i.e., to be Leader). So why keep up the charade?
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by implosion »

@bulba, they're both pretty much in my "not townread" pile still. pj's posts have often felt scummy at an immediate level but I haven't played with him and it's just as likely an immediate reaction to his playstyle as it is anything relevant to alignment. hiplop's a fine person to suspect. His inactivity isn't scummy but some of the points brought up against him like his reaction to the equinox wagon are decent. But overall I still don't see anything enough to make me confident.
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

are action potentials generated at the axon hillock??

in quiet breathing does elastic recoil of the lungs drive expiration? predominantly diaphragm relaxing and returning to the dome shape but like that wasn't an option

and seriously who ever said anything about "half centre" whatever things! i know that the cat walks and when it lifts its leg there's FLEXION of the leg muscles and the action potentials stimulate the flexor neurons and stimulate the inhibition of extensor neurons whereas when the cat plants its leg on the ground there's EXTENSION of the leg muscles and the action potentials stimulate the extensor neurons and inhibit the stimulation of the flexor neurons. and i drew the little diagram thing. but "half centre" ???? the guy never said anything about
"half centre"

and there wasn't even anything about gluconeogenesis though there was something about the mechanism of action of the thyroid hormone which was a bit fucked but but but but but but

1. action potential enters t-tubules
2. action potential enters sarcoplasmic reticulum and causes release of Ca2+
3. Ca2+ binds to troponin
4. calcium-troponin complex pulls the tropomyosin away from the myosin head binding sites on the actin
5. myosin heads, with the release of inorganic phosphate and adenosine diphosphate, bind to the sites on actin and bend whereby the cross-bridges result in THE POWER STROKE and the sarcomeres shorten and the summation of lots and lots and lots of sarcomeres shortening causes MUSCLE CONTRACTION
6. a new adenosine triphosphate molecule binds to myosin and it changes shape, detaching from the binding site
7. Ca2+ returns to its cosy little home aka the sarcoplasmic reticulum

worth 6 minutes of memorisation for 4 marks ye bois
pitoli
pitoli
Mafia Scum
pitoli
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:07 pm

Post by pitoli »

Will catch up in the morning. Sorry for the delay, folks.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:27 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

In post 708, DeathRowKitty wrote:I'm not as convinced as CES that myko wouldn't manage to slip 4 scum into a 15 player game.
The execution mechanic definitely makes it more viable, but 3 scum would always be my starting point.
In post 710, Katsuki wrote:coggy are you still scumreading equinox?
Yarr.
In post 714, petroleumjelly wrote:Cogito Ergo Sum, please detail why you think Katsuki's guilty result is a fake claim.
Because it's Katsuki. Why would you ever believe the boy who cried wolf when they're not taking the whole thing particularly seriously (see the vote stealing thing) nor do they acknowledge that they have a tendency to lie about this sort of thing? It just reads exactly like a standard fake Katsuki guilty.

(I also think Bulbazak is probably town here, which helps, but I'm aware that you don't and I don't really want to argue about Bulbazak's motivations.)
In post 714, petroleumjelly wrote:The fact is, Katsuki has had ample opportunity to back away from the claim if it is fake given that he has been elected Leader, and he has not done so. As you argued yourself, if he is faking he has probably already gotten what he wanted (i.e., to be Leader). So why keep up the charade?
But he hasn't kept up the charade. My impression of his posts after becoming leader is that they have tacitly acknowledged that he just thinks Bulbazak is really scummy - he certainly seemed to take my suggestion of executing Equinox seriously.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:31 pm

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

I think that, given the rate at which replacements have been happening Today, we should play it safe and lynch hiplop posthaste.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:48 am

In post 714, petroleumjelly wrote:2.) DrippingGoofball, your player list in Post #688 is missing myself and Cogito Ergo Sum. Where would you put us on your list?
CES is town and I try not to read your posts because I always find you scummy there's no point.

I write out my cases for kraska & laladucks sometime today

but in the meantime I'll sheep

VOTE: hiplop

mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:00 am

Post by mykonian »

Another one :(

Please welcome Errantparabola, who replaces Equinox!
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:40 am

woo hoo!

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:08 am

Post by Bulbazak »

@PJ: Katsuki doesn't back down from a fake guilty and never admits he's wrong. And the problem is that he introduces too much confusion that it has to be dealt with immediately or it will influence the end game.

@Implosion: There's something I keep meaning to check, but I haven't had ample free time to do so. I'll try to get to it tonight, but suffice to say that I don't think they're both scum here.

@DGB: Why is UTL your largest town read?

Also, I'd like to try to get some last minute thoughts out. So can please no one quick hammer. I'm going to try to sort things tonight when I get home around midnight.

SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:46 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

Does this game win a record for most replacements? :cry:

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”