Micro 642: Auction Mafia TOWN WINS!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:41 am

Post by DarkLightA »

@McMenno, why do you only come to comment on things related to your own (lack of) participation? What are your views on other players?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:45 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I don't like that charloux's reads post echos other people's posts so much.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Charloux »

@Fire: I don't know if i'm just paranoid, but my gut says dark is doing the same thing to me like what zach was doing in open 649. I need your expert opinion here!
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:51 am

Post by My Other Head Is Scum »

Since when have you considered me a expert?

~Fire
Hydra of Firebringer and Vedith
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:51 am

Post by DarkLightA »

What did zach do in open 649? Do you think I'm scum or town?
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:52 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Oh, thats ongoing—yikes.
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:52 am

It just finished.

~FIre
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:54 am

Post by DarkLightA »

Ah, I see.

So zach was scum. Charloux do you think I'm scum that's going for an easy lynch?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:01 am

Post by Charloux »

@fire: it's either you or vedith. I trust your gut more.
@Dark: my brain says you are town, but my gut says you are sus.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 5:53 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 215, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 214, Lucky2u wrote:
Vote Count coming soon!

And don't forget players, the auction ends at hammer time!
Bid submitted.
Everyone should confirm they have submitted bids.

~Fire
Done.
In post 219, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:
In post 217, BNL wrote:
In post 213, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:I am null on DarkLight personally, but BNL, want to address me at all?
Like anything lately that you think is scummy?

~Fire
Only one question: Why were you scumreading farside? I can understand why you would scumread McMenno but I don't see the same for Farside. Please quote Farside's posts and explain what is scummy about them. Otherwise I want to say that you don't have a case at all.
Honestly.

Farside is a null to me, and doesn't feel like poker, which kind of is a terrible example of meta by anyone?
I have played with her in quite a few games, so I don't think she is town in this one because statistics (bad reasoning I know, shoot me).

So honestly, its made up. I don't care, I want her pressured more to get something more definitive.

~Fire
:roll: :roll:
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Davsto »

yeah I submitted my bid and will make a useful post soon probably
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:40 am

Post by Charloux »

@Lucky: can we give our money to others?
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Davsto »

ALL IN ALL IT'S JUST
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Davsto »

Okay so I had a bunch of quotes before this but I tend to copy/paste for large quote walls and guess who decided to copy/paste song lyrics into sitechat and as a result lost all their stuff yeah good fucking job me general gist is that 139/141 are more bad posts from mapwolf and mohis' townread on them is weaksauce (seriously the good old "how is this not x?" rhetorical question which does a wonderful job of telling no-one fucking anything useful)
In post 166, Map Wolf wrote:
In post 160, BNL wrote:
In post 139, Map Wolf wrote:So yeah this game has stalled too much. This game really needs more activity. If anyone has got questions i will be willing to answer them.
What's your read on Mohis?
Townlean due to them participating in the discussion that there is.
Because scum find it impossible to participate in discussion..?
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:I've just not been able to get into the game yet—I'll get better as it progresses, I promise.
That's my favourite excuse as scum too
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Davsto: I don't like how he's decided that I'm scum based on one post of mine and is basing his other posts on it: "even with my logic that DarkLight is scum" (82). There's both elements that I like and don't like in the posts. A coin could do as good a job as myself. Null.
Woo, lacklustre reads time. The first two are okay I guess, but this is nasty. Feels like not wanting to commit to scumread, by giving reasons that I'm scum but following with a very vague "elements I like too" which tells me a wonderful nothing
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:@farside when you say the "Dav points about dark" do you mean the post with the two points about me that he posted along with his vote? or is it just in general?
Useless questions which provide no further depth than looking involved, lovely
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Lane: Starts off suggesting a strategy he made in an earlier game, and drops it just as quickly. Apparently ninja'd me with my comments about Charloux. He's a weak townlean.
woahwoah, not seeing the townlean in this. First is an objective statement with no implied reading. Second is saying that he made points which would be pathetically easy to make regardless of alignment. I fail to see the townlean bit coming in.

(ftr, feel free to respond to any of this to explain, darklight, I'm not just attacking, I'm just not great at asking questions, if I've misinterpreted something or you just missed details out in your post, feel free to point it out)
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Lucky: Contentless posts and seems happy to get away with it. Weak scumlean.
wow reads about the mod how original
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:farside22: Lots of content, but I'm having a hard time picking out too much information. Regardless, weak town.
Doing this one out of order because I saw him disagree with mohis' read on farside and realised I didn't remember DL's read on farside being town and this is why, because literally the entire description hints at scumlean and then he goes "SURPRISE WEAK TOWN GOTCHA"
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Map Wolf: Contrary to what it seems everyone thinks, I'm not putting too much in the RVS vote.
Ahh, so you're not doing that... but you're still pushing MapWolf as strong scum with the only further reasoning being that (admittedly naff) post about inactivity (where he still put more effort into continuing activity with that post than you did with your initial "sorry for inactivity post")? That seems really bizarre, to say you're not staking it all on that and yet, with the game having progressed considerably, still keeping the vote almost entirely on that.

farside can go gut town
In post 205, Charloux wrote:Yeah... might as well do a short readlist...
Farside: I think it's town mentality to ask if you don't understand someone's posts (+)
The short debate with Fire seems like TvT to me(+) ; Townlean

Lane: Likes to suck up to the mod (NAI)
(+) ; Being a jerk to me (+)(Have to check on his scum games, but he was playing like this in his town game with me)
His explaines how i feel about MOHIS, but i don't scumread then for the discord. ; Townlean

McMenno: I seriously forgot he was in this game. Lack of useful posts (-), has me as a townlean but doesn't like my posts(like wtf does that even mean)(-) ; Scumlean

Davsto: I liked his reasoning in (+) ; Null

MapWolf: self explained (-) ; Lack of posts (-) ; Scumlean

BNL: Don't care what everybody else thinks but is a good post (+) ; Him pushing mohis (+) ; Townlean

MOHIS: It's useless to try and read fire who is in multiple games. If it's worth anything my gut says he is town.

DarkLight:(mini-), he didn't seem to interested in the game at that time.
Best post so far (++), but, sadly, his /solved comment is wrong. Townlean
No fuck don't make bad and scummy posts I like my scumreads where they are don't go confusing me and making me consider changing them when I love burying myself in reads from the start
In post 216, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:I just had an idea on bids actually.
I think we should have the most townread person snatch the first item for $50
The numbers post flip will tell us alot I think.

~Fire
I'd rather not, already made a bet on that myself and I don't really want moneys to go to waste
In post 223, DarkLightA wrote:there was at least one scum game he could have pointed to as lynchbait but didn't.
This is a really silly point. I mean, when someone (regardless of alignment) is pointing out that they tend to act scummy as town, why
would
they provide a scum game? It'd be entirely irrelevant to the point that they were trying to make. Sure, if they were making the point that they were
only
scummy as town, then it'd be relevant, but that's totally not what they were trying to get across. Basically, more issues with DarkLight.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Davsto »

ANOTHER QUOTE IN THE WALL
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:59 am

Post by DarkLightA »

It seems like you went through my posts with the intention of showing that I'm scum, rather than actually considering what I said from a neutral standpoint. That I don't like.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:02 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 238, Davsto wrote:
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:farside22: Lots of content, but I'm having a hard time picking out too much information. Regardless, weak town.
Doing this one out of order because I saw him disagree with mohis' read on farside and realised I didn't remember DL's read on farside being town and this is why, because literally the entire description hints at scumlean and then he goes "SURPRISE WEAK TOWN GOTCHA"
This one's well pointed out though, and you are actually more correct than I think you realize.

This is tied back to the whole 2-points thing (that tied back to you) that was explained well by lane on the previous page. After my read-through I had farside as a scumread with a large focus on that point. As I didn't want to influence the response I tried to provide a "safe haven". I'm satisfied by the response so it's not as bad as I thought, but I'd put her on a null-weak scum
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:05 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:@farside when you say the "Dav points about dark" do you mean the post with the two points about me that he posted along with his vote? or is it just in general?
This is related to the above. I thought I made it pretty clear, and lane made it even clearer.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:08 am

Post by DarkLightA »

In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:Lane: Starts off suggesting a strategy he made in an earlier game, and drops it just as quickly. Apparently ninja'd me with my comments about Charloux. He's a weak townlean.
woahwoah, not seeing the townlean in this. First is an objective statement with no implied reading. Second is saying that he made points which would be pathetically easy to make regardless of alignment. I fail to see the townlean bit coming in.
Yep, I see how it looks like:

Strategy
????
Townread

But basically all of my reads were based on an overall judgement, and I only pointed out things that were of particular interest to me. Lane's posts overall have given me a good town vibe.
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Davsto »

In post 240, DarkLightA wrote:It seems like you went through my posts with the intention of showing that I'm scum, rather than actually considering what I said from a neutral standpoint. That I don't like.
I tried to be neutral but dammit you just said so much scummy stuff it's ridiculous. I did go through every post, but what you said stood out the most (although there were a couple of MapWolf issues that were wiped by the copy/paste issue but frankly I was feeling too lazy to retype them) (also you did make a big post with many flaws and that was too tempting an opportunity to resist because scum love making big posts that look good on the surface but when you dig deeper have serious issues).
In post 241, DarkLightA wrote:
This one's well pointed out though, and you are actually more correct than I think you realize.

This is tied back to the whole 2-points thing (that tied back to you) that was explained well by lane on the previous page. After my read-through I had farside as a scumread with a large focus on that point. As I didn't want to influence the response I tried to provide a "safe haven". I'm satisfied by the response so it's not as bad as I thought, but I'd put her on a null-weak scum
See, I just have an issue with the whole "two points" thing because I still don't understand it in the slightest and it still looks like a pointless question from my view. I keep trying to understand why you did it and I keep getting a vague grasp but a voice just pops in my head that goes "nah you can't have got that right that makes no sense?"
In post 242, DarkLightA wrote:
This is related to the above. I thought I made it pretty clear, and lane made it even clearer.
In post 243, DarkLightA wrote:
Yep, I see how it looks like:

Strategy
????
Townread

But basically all of my reads were based on an overall judgement, and I only pointed out things that were of particular interest to me. Lane's posts overall have given me a good town vibe.
Hmm, I guess? That was probably the least serious issue with the post though.
DarkLightA
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
DarkLightA
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:19 am

Post by DarkLightA »

I responded to what I saw as the most important things, and you're saying those weren't the most serious issues? :lol: The thing is,
most of your points
all of your points are either complaints about my reads being vague, or about complete bullshit. I find it hard to see how you're trying to be neutral about it when there's very little substance but a lot of... emotion(?) in your response.

And I don't see this coming from a "Mr. trying to be neutral":
In post 169, DarkLightA wrote:I've just not been able to get into the game yet—I'll get better as it progresses, I promise.
That's my favourite excuse as scum too
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:14 am

In post 218, My Other Head Is Scum wrote:Me and my hydra head talk so little that I just found he already submitted a bid without talking to me.
LOL!!!!

Bad scum head.

~Fire
I posted in our PT about it lol.

-Vedith
My Other Head Is Scum
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
My Other Head Is Scum
Goon
Goon

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:16 am

@Lane - Get your scummy vote off us now! :mad:
If you don't vote McMeno in your next post I am taking that as a scum claim to his partner!

-Vedith
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:45 am

Post by lane0168 »

No, your other head is scummy. I'm not moving my vote.

He kept saying far is scum.
Then wanted more votes on far.
Then said he already explained the read.
His townread on bnl was for bnl having a bad meta read? Scum... Have bad meta reads. Read doesn't compute.
Then he said he was never sure of Farside. Just wanted pressure on her. And yet, he only wanted other people to do the pressuring for him. He never made a single attempt to pressure her, ask her questions, general pressure producing content was non existent.

I'm not moving my vote.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:56 am

Post by Firebringer »

No, vedith is the scummy head, get it right.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”