grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:57 am

Post by grapes »

So far my scummish pile is foxbird/shiro/klingon. They all feel like they're coasting and I haven't seen much from them that gives me any reason to think that they're trying solve the game at all.

Klingon is the worst because she's made the most posts and they've all been noise outside of a few bad questions and a forced SR on fire which doesn't feel like something she believes in.

--

kraskaesque is still scum because the only thought process readily in their iso is that thing about mcmenno which a lot of people have already said is pretty black and white.

like that's it as far as depth of thought goes with regards to scumhunting. which is strange because they have given a readslist (with all townreads ftr, which is already yuck)

A line in here that I did kinda like at first glance; calling out RR and obi for assuming scum-motive to misinterpreting what "lone scum" meant, which sorta starts the car a bit as far as getting a sense that they're thinking about the game, but the thought doesn't really go anywhere.

--

Not chara's probscum like anyone who thinks that obi looks worse from the back nforth is either bad or scum. tvt is a believable stance. definitely didn't like chara's questioning of almost seen here:
In post 642, Not Chara wrote:why is grapes not very towny to you, and why is Rational not scum to you?
Just doesn't feel like how town goes about trying to get a read on someone. It's a boring reverse engineer of Almost's question that starts the dialogue at around the same place it already was when almost asked the question to the rest of the game.

feel like town explains their reads here (being two stances that they are partial to)

And there's a lot of lame questions in the iso that are easy to ask, plus the fluff which I believe makes the high engagement less impressive.
I'm struggling to see where they're coming from on the obi read as well. The push just feels strictly reactionary

--

Don't like RR much. They haven't made their presence known at all and I found the early push on firebringer bad.
In post 259, Reasonably Rational wrote:ROFL. In what universe has Titus ever trusted me, unless she was scum and knew I wasn't (Steven Universe)? Titus has literally had mountains of evidence that I am town (even including a cop clear once) across dozens of games, and still insisted on scumspecting me. There's literally no universe where anyone sane actually would suggest Titus would trust me (and therefore trust us) without an absurd amount of good reason to do so. And you know that.

You got some 'splainin to do firebringer.
This feels fake to me.
and an angle scum probably take tbh. The classic; you're wrong about something, paragraph about why you're wrong.
And what exactly is firebringer supposed to explain here? It's literally just a difference of opinion on experience with how another player goes about the game. He's asking him to dig his own grave pretty much.

Transitions into a full scumread with ever evolving shallow reasons. "You're trying to look town" "You're making up reasons"

The conviction to the read feels too strong for what the conversation is about.

A lot of talking about games that aren't this one. Like a whole shitton.
In post 666, Reasonably Rational wrote:Holy shit you were in that game?

I quite literally remember nothing about you from that game.
Found an un-vetted post.

Says the same thing twice.

Iso also has a good amount of pandering exessevily to obi/mastin.
All around selfish-vibe going on here with cerb specifically.
Shiro is only scumread. Shiro shows up to interact and response is the most previous quote.
Not - "what's your reads" "what do you think about my read on you" - or etc.
Just "pretend people are scumreading you for silly reasons" - end of conversation
In post 840, Reasonably Rational wrote:So is this purely you insulting mastin and Yume, or does this mean you firmly disagree with mastins scumread on NC?
Obvious question that cerb would like answered but doesn't care what the answer is.

--

Sircakes has just been blatant scum all game and I'm down for a wagon there but I'd like some people to explain what RR's done that's town to them.
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:07 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

I'm really liking Snarky Snowman in this game.
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
SirCakez
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
SirCakez
he/him
Is A Lie
Is A Lie
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:12 am

Post by SirCakez »

In post 967, Creature wrote:Wow

When someone whiteknights you but leaves you as null
This was a fuckup on my part. I forgot about the posts you made that I liked on pg 32.
So you can be nulltown.

Snarky OMGUSing me is ROFL
Brian Skies - "
I just wanna say Cakez is an evil mod and this is an evil setup.
"

--------------------
Get to know a Cakez!
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:13 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1012, Skybird wrote:Eww, this looks like you sucking up to OWK.
That's probably because it was.
V/LA every 5pm Friday - 8am Monday, EST.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:15 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1035, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1021, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1013, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1012, Skybird wrote:I don't get what Firebringer is trying to do with his constant scum claims. I know he shit posts a lot but he's making me want to lynch him.
I am scum
Is this like a post restriction?

Are you trying a new scum strategy?
It's my new scum strategy, like it?
I don't know about DGB, but I approve.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:22 am

Post by Not Chara »

Xkfyu: do you have anything worthwhile to say about the game? reads?
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:22 am

i also like grapes' case on Reasonably Rational.
VOTE: Reasonably Rational
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:23 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1052, SirCakez wrote:
In post 967, Creature wrote:Wow

When someone whiteknights you but leaves you as null
This was a fuckup on my part. I forgot about the posts you made that I liked on pg 32.
So you can be nulltown.

Snarky OMGUSing me is ROFL
you already had Creature is nulltown in your last readslist. i think he was talking about when you said, in response to Creature votes, that Creature is "perfect null".
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:26 am

In post 1054, Xkfyu wrote:
In post 1035, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1021, DrippingGoofball wrote:
In post 1013, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1012, Skybird wrote:I don't get what Firebringer is trying to do with his constant scum claims. I know he shit posts a lot but he's making me want to lynch him.
I am scum
Is this like a post restriction?

Are you trying a new scum strategy?
It's my new scum strategy, like it?
I don't know about DGB, but I approve.
I'd keep him around for a few days at least... just because it's a refreshing change from people saying they are town all the time.

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:38 am

Post by grapes »

mastin2/Yume/farside22/Obi-Wan Kenobi/Creature/SnarkySnowman/killthestory/randomidget/McMenno/Skybird/Almost50

Seraphim/CooLDoG/Firebringer/DrippingGoofball

TheWayItEnds/Xkfyu/Foxbird/Shiro/Klingoncelt

kraskaesque/Not Chara/Reasonably Rational/SirCakez
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:43 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1055, Not Chara wrote:Xkfyu: do you have anything worthwhile to say about the game? reads?
Not yet, but I've only just now had the time to really put any real effort into the game.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:49 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1049, Skybird wrote:Farside, let me be devil's advocate for a second. Snarky did indicate he was trying to be less of a lurk sack. Is it possible he's trying too hard?

p-edit: I don't agree Snarky is "so town" for the record.
Reads that lack actually reading the game and figuring things out is still scummy.
That doesn't change and become town magically.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 1:54 am

Post by farside22 »

I sense too many people following others reads.
I'll sit in my corner and howl at the moon.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:08 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1062, farside22 wrote:I sense too many people following others reads.
Me too, tbh. Once too lists are posted with X is town and Y is scum; the following few are building on it as if it was mod-confirmed.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:17 am

Post by grapes »

Or...

Or.

Maybe when more than one person sees something. Might mean there's something there.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:27 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1064, grapes wrote:Or...

Or.

Maybe when more than one person sees something. Might mean there's something there.
OR scum are using those reads for themselves.

So why do you think SirCakez is blantenly scum?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:29 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 1064, grapes wrote:Or...

Or.

Maybe, but that's not how it seems to be. Try asking the 4th of 5th person to place X in the town pile and/or Y in the scum pile and see if you have a convincing argument.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1065, farside22 wrote:OR scum are using those reads for themselves.

Those evil scum butts
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:36 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1067, Firebringer wrote:

Those evil scum butts
Maybe I should say I'm scum and help me bus my scum buddy snarky.
:lol:
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:36 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

grapes, let me address some things you said that sorta reveal fundamental misunderstanding of what to expect from us.

1) I have a job which is not at a computer now and just moved to a new city and am thus going out of my way to do things and go out. I have been MUCH less of a "presence" as you said in my recent games. I still post quite a bit, but there's been a definite drop since your last time playing with me...and since I'm generally the primary head active in thread for this hydra, that means we're simply not around as much.

2) You do realize that me even talking about ONE read this early in a game is EXTREMELY uncharacteristic. The standard "doesn't have reads, must be scum" argument isn't relevant when applied to me. Think back on your previous experience with me. Now, you could be suspicious of me BECAUSE I was actually willing to establish and share a read, and that would be understandable ( and something I couldn't answer, since I'm only establishing reads this game because of redacted about redacted), but the current reason is not.

3) I tend to only develop early scumreads based on obvious contradictions/inconsistencies. I haven't NOTICED any of those yet (other than the mastin ally thing, but considering it causee something that makes her 99% town, it's clearly not an inconsistency caused by scum lies). Why is this relevant? Because there was nothing like that which caused that read. The ONLY reason why I had any suspicions of him was due to a difference in playstyle from what I've seen before, and he immediately showed up and told me there was a game I had played with him before where his play was similar. That means I actually had *no* reason to be suspicious of him in the first place, and thus said suspicion dissolved.

What did you mean by "unvetted post"?

Regarding Drixxs push on FB: FB was with us in SD2. He *should* be aware of the massive rift that formed in that game due to Titus' hydra and our hydra having extreme levels of paranoia about one another. There's not the same DEPTH of experience regarding the interactions between Titus and ourselves that we personally have of course,, but that point about our history should be well known to him. I agree that the rest of his push was a stretch.
I've NEVER actually seen fire this involved, as either alignment so I'm not sure what to think..sorta like the thing with the beeboy head of OWK. Non standard behaviors from both those slots, but the behaviors differ from their playstyle, not their scum or town meta in particular.

I'll be actually home and at my computer tonight, so I'll be around to do something more than respond to grapes.

In the interim, does anyone have anything in particular they'd like me to comment on so I can respond to everything when I get home?

-Cerb
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Almost50 »

OK, Yume is widely town read. WHY? Is it bc Mastina said so and people are assuming that's got to be based on INFO rather than a normal read? Or is it bc Yume confirmed Mastina as Town?? And if the latter, what would YOU have done were you scum and got invited to a hood where it says "X is Town"?? Would you have even thought of keeping it to yourself, IF YOU WERE SCUM?

Maybe my mind is skewed, but I'm thinking in reverse. I'd keep it to myself for the time being as TOWN and see how people are treating the one I know to be conf!Town. I'd go out and air it as SCUM for Town!Cred and -maybe- as a means to pass some message to my peers.

But to each their own, and I'm inclined to treat this one issue as NAI, which brings me back to the original question: WHY has Yume become semi-confirmed after Mastina put her at the top of her reads??

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1068, farside22 wrote:

Those evil scum butts
I might be more willing to follow you if you did
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:39 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1066, Almost50 wrote:Maybe, but that's not how it seems to be. Try asking the 4th of 5th person to place X in the town pile and/or Y in the scum pile and see if you have a convincing argument.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I think it's just one of those things where people don't notice your stances until you put them all in one place. Which is to be expected in a game this large.

I also don't know what your scumreads are. Work on that.
farside22 wrote:So why do you think SirCakez is blantenly scum?
Nothing he's said has felt genuine and a lot of his thoughts are surface level.

Even very early game I thought his tone felt off and his stances are hard to follow. Like his menno read is for fishing and he's stayed far too sticky and confident there considering mcmenno has done some town things.

Obi-wan vote was pretty bad. It's either scum fanning the flames of a tvt or cakes sawing for chara.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:43 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1072, grapes wrote:
In post 1066, Almost50 wrote:Maybe, but that's not how it seems to be. Try asking the 4th of 5th person to place X in the town pile and/or Y in the scum pile and see if you have a convincing argument.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say here.

I think it's just one of those things where people don't notice your stances until you put them all in one place. Which is to be expected in a game this large.

I also don't know what your scumreads are. Work on that.
farside22 wrote:So why do you think SirCakez is blantenly scum?
Nothing he's said has felt genuine and a lot of his thoughts are surface level.

Even very early game I thought his tone felt off and his stances are hard to follow. Like his menno read is for fishing and he's stayed far too sticky and confident there considering mcmenno has done some town things.

Obi-wan vote was pretty bad. It's either scum fanning the flames of a tvt or cakes sawing for chara.
So gut.
Why is snarky town then? His reads are surface level reads that are senseless.
If you say too scummy to be scum I'm going to vote you.

You were in the last SU if I remember correctly. What makes rr different from that game?
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:44 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1071, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1068, farside22 wrote:

Those evil scum butts
I might be more willing to follow you if you did
There's a cookie in it.
Actually the dragon likes fish.
I love sushi.
You want a treat!
Then vote snarky too.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”