mykonian
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
mykonian
Frisian Shoulder-Demon
Frisian Shoulder-Demon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:37 pm

Post by mykonian »

I do not believe that factions can ever be of use. It is certain that when the enemy comes upon you in divided cities you are quickly lost, because the weakest party will always assist the outside forces and the other will not be able to resist.

votecount

hiplop (4): Cogito Ergo Sum, Implosion, DrippingGoofball, Errantparabola
Drippinggoofball (2): Lalaladucks, Petroleumjelly,
Uptoolate (2): Katsuki, Bulbazak
Nahdia (1): Hiplop
Cogito Ergo Sum (1): Snarkysnowman

not voting (3): Deathrowkitty, Pitoli, Uptoolate

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

5 days remaining
Surrender, imagine and of course wear something nice.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Errantparabola »

just letting you know don't expect some god tier content today because of celebratory shenans
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:48 am

Post by UpTooLate »

Happy Birthday EP!!!! <3

For your birthday, I will sit next to you on the hiplop wagon.

VOTE: hiplop

His role is apparently NAI, and his comment about ducky without actually voting for her didn't sit right with me.
Get to know me!
Take care of those you call your own, and keep good company.
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:07 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Please stop trying to kill the game, lalala. It'd be appreciated.
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:54 am

Post by lalaladucks »

uh. i'll keep it to one post per day since i'm such a fucking hindrance then.

lynch drippinggoofball.
SnarkySnowman
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
SnarkySnowman
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:18 am

Post by SnarkySnowman »

VOTE: hiplop

I just want this game to move somewhere aghhhhh
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by implosion »

dgb reads gut town to me (as did nahdia to a degree). This might be for reasons that are partially bad (i.e. comparison to the scumgame of hers that happened recently) but it's there.

ep & ces are also reading town to me (ep more strongly). But I still don't see pj town. Or well, I don't see anything in his play that I thin I can effectively distinguish as town or scum motivated.
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:53 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

I need to stop doing this before I go to bed...
In post 754, lalaladucks wrote: i think there's a decent chance that dgb is scum

like her push on me is pretty bullshit, to start with
and i had to check who she replaced and i can def see skrew being scum matching up with his play
but i wouldn't have wanted to lynch him this early becuz i am snapchat best friends with him
i have no such reservations lynching dgb
Not really seeing anything here that equals DGB-scum. Why is her push on you BS? And as for SK, the most you can say there was that he was pretty grumpy. Other than that, I've seen his activity suffer as town as well, and activity is not alignment indicative anyway so...
In post 760, Errantparabola wrote:
In post 740, UpTooLate wrote:I guess I don't really get the sudden ducks wagon, and I really dislike the timing.
i feel like this statement's town/scumminess hinges entirely on hiplop's alignment
(its wrongness does not hinge on anything, however)
What's wrong with this statement? And how is it alignment indicative? Give me examples based on Hiplop being town and scum.
In post 766, lalaladucks wrote: dgb is waaaaaaaay scummier
like if hiplop's scumminess = two blueberries
then dgb's scumminess = a hundred raspberries
And DGB is scum why? Actual case please, because so far, I see diddly squat.
In post 778, petroleumjelly wrote:
2.)
DrippingGoofball, we just had about three replacements in a row who are all reading the game and providing fresh viewpoints. Why would you then feel the need to vote one of your Townreads for the sake of "movement" when you have three scumreads to choose from? For somebody who has apparently not even read Day Two yet, voting for the sake of "movement" seems even more manufactured.
I would ask if you've played with DGB before, but further down, it's quite evident that you have. DGB wanting to get the game moving is not out of the ordinary. Why then do you try to paint it like it is?
4.)
Serious questions: DrippingGoofball, do you feel like you are still having memory issues? Do you feel like that is affecting your play in this game to any extent? Are you okay to be playing mafia right now?

My apologies if these questions are a bit too personal or are not worded sensitively. And I am not trying to imply that I personally want you to replace out. But I do honestly worry whether this is a game you should be playing.
This is dirty pool.
In post 781, lalaladucks wrote:
In post 773, DeathRowKitty wrote:
In post 754, lalaladucks wrote:VOTE: drippinggoofball

if necessary i'll 1v1 her :]
do you actually think you would win this 1v1? that seems like an un-you-like thing to think
it's pretty 50/50 but even if i get lynched at least people should look into dgb more so, either way it works for me
Why do you think starting a 1v1 with DGB would cause people to start to look at her? At least in the case of me vs. Katsuki, there is a reason why the 1v1 must be resolved. With you, there's nothing. So why do you think a 1v1 with DGB is a good idea again, other than the fact that most people just write 1v1 challenges off as town?
In post 787, lalaladucks wrote: i don't expect it to be as clear to others how scummy dgb is because a large part of my scumread hinges on knowing for a fact that i'm town

On to page 33. Tomorrow after updates... But just in case, definitely considering a Ducks/PJ team. I need to see how some other things stack up first, because there are some things that are making me doubt that.
Bulbazak is so town that everytime someone votes him Mastin coughs blood.
- Nachomamma8, Maniacal Street Mafia

V/LA during weekends. Now leave me alone!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:06 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Screw it. Knocking this out now.
In post 801, pitoli wrote:Despite having mostly townreads (which is fine by the way), I don't get the sense that he's pushing to line himself up with them in order to find scum.
To be fair, I don't think anyone's doing this right now.
In post 807, lalaladucks wrote:what's your read on dgb snarky?

and did anyone notice she's been online for a while and not posted here?
So?
In post 809, DrippingGoofball wrote: #3 I didn't notice that. That means I have a wrong town read. It does not.
Who do you think is the most likely on that list to be scum? And while you're at it, can you go back and figure out why you had a town read on UTL?
In post 811, DrippingGoofball wrote:@ CES

Talk some sense into PJ

thanks
Why would you want CES to talk sense into PJ if you think he's scum?

Okay. Now I'm current and can easily get to my dive tomorrow. I've also moved the Katsuki vote to somewhere a little bit more useful. In the meantime, can we back off Hiplop a bit until I can at least get some thoughts out? After that we can debate lynching him, but I would like a little bit more time to actually do this stuff.

petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:42 pm

Post by petroleumjelly »

1.)
In post 809, DrippingGoofball wrote:Are you calling laladucks town?
No. lalaladucks is actually pretty much completely null for me. He does not seem Townish or scummish. He just has posts.

2.)
In post 810, DrippingGoofball wrote:
Unvote: hiplop

Vote: DrippingGoofball

Largely changing votes so that hiplop is not left at L-1, but (besides Bulbazak) this looks like the best place for my vote in the meantime. I would still prefer a hiplop lynch currently.
Your fake case is pretty rich considering the above ^^^^^

You are doing exactly what you are complaining I am doing LOL
I voted you because I did not want hiplop to remain close to being lynched but I wanted my vote to be on somebody. I decided you were a good place to pressure in the meantime given that I already had some questions for you. Additionally, you replaced SleepyKrew whose play I did not like (especially given that he caused kraska77, one of my Townreads, to replace out) and Nahdia, who did pretty much nothing besides cast suspicion on two of my Townreads (UpTooLate and kraska77/pitoli) without ever answering why.

You, however, voted one of your Townreads for the sake of "movement." I would say these are quite different.

3.)
In post 832, Bulbazak wrote:
2.)
DrippingGoofball, we just had about three replacements in a row who are all reading the game and providing fresh viewpoints. Why would you then feel the need to vote one of your Townreads for the sake of "movement" when you have three scumreads to choose from? For somebody who has apparently not even read Day Two yet, voting for the sake of "movement" seems even more manufactured.
I would ask if you've played with DGB before, but further down, it's quite evident that you have. DGB wanting to get the game moving is not out of the ordinary. Why then do you try to paint it like it is?
DrippingGoofball and I have played together for many years.

What kind of "painting" did I do? I am trying to figure out why she would vote one of her Townreads and whether she is making up reasons to do it. It does not make sense to me that a replacement who is still reading the game would feel compelled to vote one of their Townreads.
4.)
Serious questions: DrippingGoofball, do you feel like you are still having memory issues? Do you feel like that is affecting your play in this game to any extent? Are you okay to be playing mafia right now?

My apologies if these questions are a bit too personal or are not worded sensitively. And I am not trying to imply that I personally want you to replace out. But I do honestly worry whether this is a game you should be playing.
This is dirty pool.
No, it's not.

For starters, I just finished a game (Mini #1805) with DrippingGoofball where this was an issue. She was a Vigilante who honestly believed she had nightkilled a player she did not kill because she forgot. She claimed the wrong kill on Day Three which led her to being lynched. After the lynch -- because a Vigilante has no reason to lie about who they kill -- her claim caused the Town to think there was a Serial Killer in the game which helped lead to the final mislynch.

In the Dead Thread and Post-Game she discussed her memory and health and how embarrassed she was for making these types of mistakes across multiple games. Everybody wished her well. Because in the end, Mafia is ultimately just a game played by people. Given her play in that game and the discussion of her memory and health, I legitimately worry whether she should be playing mafia games right now.

That said, I
am
also trying to judge if her play in this game may to some extent be affected by her memory. This could change my view on how I read some of her posting. I
already
have a hard time judging her play normally. I realize this is a sensitive topic, which is why I tried to broach it politely and respectfully.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:19 am

Post by hiplop »

I think UTL/ducks is scum

utl has no reason to vote me rn, utl often fails to get into games as scum

think this is her scumgame

VOTE: utl
third best scummer of all time
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:54 pm

Post by UpTooLate »

Hip, that's complete bullshit because you know damn well that I've been having a hard time getting into mafia in general. And why do you say I have no reason to vote you? I gave my reasons and I think there is a decent chance you're scum here.

My question to you is, why try to start up a wagon on me instead of ducks when there has been interest in lynching her instead? This isn't the first time you've called her scum yet you're voting me over her. In fact you've yet to do anything about your scumread on her at all.
Get to know me!
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:13 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 834, petroleumjelly wrote:
3.)
2.)
DrippingGoofball and I have played together for many years.

What kind of "painting" did I do? I am trying to figure out why she would vote one of her Townreads and whether she is making up reasons to do it. It does not make sense to me that a replacement who is still reading the game would feel compelled to vote one of their Townreads.
She's replacing into a game that's stagnated and has had multiple replacements, and she's also way behind. Looking to just get a lynch in and catch up during the night is actually fairly normal for her. Focusing on Hiplop being a townread in early catch up posts is just splitting hairs and avoiding the acknowledgement that this is actually in the bounds of how DGB plays. And that type of focus is what made me raise an eyebrow in the first place. I'm assuming that you've either played with DGB as often as I have, or maybe even more, and that you ignore a fairly common tendency to instead call it indicative of scum play is suspicious, because that points to you only caring about surface play over motivations.

Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Bulbazak »

Going to reread d1 tomorrow. I think I need to see how everything played out again, and a quick ISO search of KTS+PJ isn't helping. There does seem to be something off, but it wasn't what I initially thought it was.

DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:00 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

In post 835, hiplop wrote:I think UTL/ducks is scum

utl has no reason to vote me rn, utl often fails to get into games as scum

think this is her scumgame

VOTE: utl
OK let's try that

UTL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
DrippingGoofball
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
DrippingGoofball
Mafia Piñata
Mafia Piñata

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:00 am

Post by DrippingGoofball »

EBWOP tags fail LOL

VOTE: UTL
Paraphrasing a role PM takes seconds, fabricating a good fakeclaim takes an eternity.

"Metadiving DGB is like playing Roblox" - T3
"She's sort of like a quantum computer, her reads exist in multiple states at once. u have to take into account the other dimensions." - Morning Tweet
petroleumjelly
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
petroleumjelly
he/him/his
Thirteenthly, ...
Thirteenthly, ...
Pronoun: he/him/his

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:25 am

Post by petroleumjelly »

In post 688, DrippingGoofball wrote:TOWN
DGB
UpTooLate my top town read
Katsuki
Hiplop
Equinox (see post #126)
DeathRowKitty (mason?)
UpTooLate was literally your "top town read."
Why
are you voting for her? Your votes in this game are completely at odds with your words.
"Logic? I call that flapdoodle."
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:44 am

Post by hiplop »

In post 836, UpTooLate wrote:Hip, that's complete bullshit because you know damn well that I've been having a hard time getting into mafia in general. And why do you say I have no reason to vote you? I gave my reasons and I think there is a decent chance you're scum here.

My question to you is, why try to start up a wagon on me instead of ducks when there has been interest in lynching her instead? This isn't the first time you've called her scum yet you're voting me over her. In fact you've yet to do anything about your scumread on her at all.
ive had my vote on ducks all game and no one is joining it

i mean, its because shes scum and its stalling but i got my ass on the clock apparently
UpTooLate
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
UpTooLate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:18 am

Post by UpTooLate »

In post 841, petroleumjelly wrote:
DGB
Katsuki
Hiplop
Equinox (see post #126)
DeathRowKitty (mason?)
Why
are you voting for her? Your votes in this game are completely at odds with your words.
This is exactly what I was thinking. She's probably going to say something about the game needing movement again, and while I agree with that sentiment, I don't think voting for all of your town reads is best play here.
In post 842, hiplop wrote:
In post 836, UpTooLate wrote:Hip, that's complete bullshit because you know damn well that I've been having a hard time getting into mafia in general. And why do you say I have no reason to vote you? I gave my reasons and I think there is a decent chance you're scum here.

ive had my vote on ducks all game and no one is joining it

i mean, its because shes scum and its stalling but i got my ass on the clock apparently
hiplop, the ONLY time you've voted for ducks this entire game is early D1 for leader. You haven't voted to lynch her once. (Check your ISO if you don't believe me.)
Get to know me!
Cogito Ergo Sum
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
Cogito Ergo Sum
YARR!
YARR!

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:25 am

Post by Cogito Ergo Sum »

Can we lynch hiplopscumwhoisnoteventrying now please?
Scumchat is awesome. Yarr!

~"Multiple exclamation marks are a sure sign of a diseased mind."~
Bulbazak
Bulbazak
Survivor
Bulbazak
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Bulbazak »

In post 841, petroleumjelly wrote:
DGB
Katsuki
Hiplop
Equinox (see post #126)
DeathRowKitty (mason?)
Why
I think you know how I generally feel about this, but I actually do want DGB to answer this, because I've been waiting for some reasoning on the UTL read for some time. That being said, do you think that her reads have not had time to change since she replaced in? You just seem to be more hung up with words over actions and intentions.
In post 101, petroleumjelly wrote:
Unvote: beeboy

Vote: Killthestory
Also, looking back, I can't find a reason for this vote. Why did you vote KTS again?

Katsuki
Katsuki
Cupcake
Katsuki
Cupcake
Cupcake
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:56 am

Post by Katsuki »

Fluffy fluffy~~~ |
"READING KATSUKI IS LIKE SOME SORT OF POSTMODERN ARTFORM"
- GreyICE
Katsuki is by far more absurdly beautiful than Fate. (hai parama)
Katsuki's Madness coming to you shortly: Nov, 2011!

C
u
p
c
a
k
e
M
a
f
i
a
I
I
coming to you summer 2011! ~ Pre-ins: 11/13
hiplop
hiplop
Jury Darling
hiplop
Jury Darling
Jury Darling

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:45 am

Post by hiplop »

lmao oops

VOTE: ducks

lets lynch this
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

In post 832, Bulbazak wrote:Why is her push on you BS? And as for SK, the most you can say there was that he was pretty grumpy. Other than that, I've seen his activity suffer as town as well, and activity is not alignment indicative anyway so...
because i'm town and she's scumpainting me. i didn't say skrew's activity was what read badly
In post 832, Bulbazak wrote:And DGB is scum why? Actual case please, because so far, I see diddly squat.
diddly squats are my fave exercise

In post 832, Bulbazak wrote:Why do you think starting a 1v1 with DGB would cause people to start to look at her? At least in the case of me vs. Katsuki, there is a reason why the 1v1 must be resolved. With you, there's nothing. So why do you think a 1v1 with DGB is a good idea again, other than the fact that most people just write 1v1 challenges off as town?
i want dgb to be lynched - if people would rather lynch me today i'm fine with that WITH THE CONDITION that when i flip town they -strongly consider- lynching dgb next day. it's depressing to consider the thought that town would ignore this read upon lynching me as it's what i've felt strongest about all game (no, still not going to make a case). was not aware that people consider 1v1 challenges to be alignment indicative
i don't think i said anything complex there

pedit: go away hiplop
lalaladucks
lalaladucks
a study in thread
lalaladucks
a study in thread
a study in thread

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:36 pm

Post by lalaladucks »

you SMELL

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”