Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 44, Gamma Emerald wrote:It's not officially done, but the scum team requested an early finish, so it's as good as done.
Let me know when the mod calls the came completed and I'll read this. It's a grey area, so I get your taking the liberty of using it, but I'd prefer we not toe the line on this stuff.

Basically, be careful not to link ongoing games. I'd hate to see you get a temp ban for it!

Reads so far: Zack!Town, Gamma!Townlean, Blackstar!Nullscum, Skold!Scum
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 49, Ümläüt wrote:I agree Aubrey's entry felt awkward but I'm chalking it up to new-player weirdness.

VOTE: The_Jester
I like Skold's reasoning for this.
New to MafiaScum and some of your abbreviations, but not exactly new to mafia. Thanks though. This whole "omg he's being so fake" is a bit odd since all I did was question a player as to why they refuse to scumhunt. Did that not set off alarms to you? Especially now that we know he has already done this as scum before? Granted he'd be making a ballsy play since he tried that in a game with Gamma already.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Aubrey »

VOTE: Javajoe24
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay, I believe it's time to start RQS. I'll be taking three suggested questions this time, so think of something that could help advance the game.
1: What is your preferred faction: Town or Mafia?
2: What role interests you the most? Does not have to be in this setup.
3: What do you think the differing factions will do to town's chances?
4: REQUEST SLOT
5: REQUEST SLOT
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 23, Aubrey wrote:Wow, a lot more activity has occurred right out the gate than I was expecting in comparison to my previous game. Any who, usually the day starts out with RVP and just getting feelers for people in general, so It'll be more interesting once everyone has confirmed.
Who talks like this? We all now how RVS works so there's literally no point to this post at all. It's just fluff designed to look positive.
In post 24, Aubrey wrote:
In post 8, Skold wrote:Impeccable reasoning Blackstar. I'll sheep that hard.
VOTE: umlaut
Heads up I don't scumhunt because it's stupid and leads to basically random lynches. I'm warming to town read into PoE but that could be a symptom of positivity bias that suggests because when I town read someone I am statistically likely to be right, I end up believing my townreads are accurate.
So basically your goal is to just locate townies, and by process of elimination locate the mafia/werewolves? Why not just do both (Scumhunt and Friendhunt)? In a game like this, one needs to do both in order to be successful to me. At least that how I go about it. To just locate townies (without considering the scum motivations) seems like an excuse in order to avoid certain conversations.
And then you try again to look overly townie with that "one needs to do this in order to be successful" part. There's more than one way to play Mafia and it's weird that you're trying to doubt cast someone just because they do things differently from you
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'll kick this off.
1: I like town and mafia for about the same reason. As Mafia, I get to plot and plan, but as town I don't. While I like not having to worry about my actions too much as town, I also like trying to pull off crazy wins as scum.
2: I really like Role Cops for some reason.
3: I think the town has to be really careful, unless I don't get the setup and it selects the same row or column on each, then we just have to deal with two nightkills and less clear potential.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 53, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, I believe it's time to start RQS. I'll be taking three suggested questions this time, so think of something that could help advance the game.
I was just about to be Rade you for RQS because, well, that's still a thing!?
But like, this is the first time someone has actually made then kinda game related. So I'll comply! :)

1. I like being Scum better, but play it worse. Like, I have a small handful of good scumgames from the past 3 years of play despite liking it better.

2. SK is my all time favourite and I can expand on that later if people are curious.

3. Depends how we play. I have already seen some suggestions that could result in a speedy demise of us townies. They have been noted mentally (let's hope I can remember them). One of these things is to not townbloc for good scumhunting, because both factions are doing so. It is really easy for scum to blend in in multifaction games, so don't let them fool you! They want to catch scum as much as you do!

4. Uhh...I was gonna ask something but can't think of anything good that won't out strategies and hurt town in the long run...

5. Pineapple does not belong on Pizza. Discuss. (Don't actually discuss it. I'm just filling in the space provided.)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If you want to add to the current list do it like this
#: Your question goes here
in a separate post.
<Embrace The Void>

MeowMix
MeowMix
Goon
MeowMix
Goon
Goon

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by MeowMix »

VOTE: skold

THIS DUDE IS TRYING TO WAY TOO HARD

FOS THE GUY WHO'S TRYING TO ASK RANDOM QUESTIONS ON PAGE 3
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 57, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you want to add to the current list do it like this
in a separate post.
"Please and thank you" says Gemerald.

Also, can I call you Gemerald?
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 58, MeowMix wrote:VOTE: skold

THIS DUDE IS TRYING TO WAY TOO HARD

I agree with Pt1. Pt2, not so much. Still a townread.
- Jingle
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 54, BlackStar wrote:
In post 23, Aubrey wrote:Wow, a lot more activity has occurred right out the gate than I was expecting in comparison to my previous game. Any who, usually the day starts out with RVP and just getting feelers for people in general, so It'll be more interesting once everyone has confirmed.
Who talks like this? We all now how RVS works so there's literally no point to this post at all. It's just fluff designed to look positive.
Heads up I don't scumhunt because it's stupid and leads to basically random lynches. I'm warming to town read into PoE but that could be a symptom of positivity bias that suggests because when I town read someone I am statistically likely to be right, I end up believing my townreads are accurate.
So basically your goal is to just locate townies, and by process of elimination locate the mafia/werewolves? Why not just do both (Scumhunt and Friendhunt)? In a game like this, one needs to do both in order to be successful to me. At least that how I go about it. To just locate townies (without considering the scum motivations) seems like an excuse in order to avoid certain conversations.
And then you try again to look overly townie with that "one needs to do this in order to be successful" part. There's more than one way to play Mafia and it's weird that you're trying to doubt cast someone just because they do things differently from you
It's weird to pose questions in order to understand why someone chooses to play in a way that is not typical? Not typical to what i'm use to seeing at least in my offsite and onsite experience. You're also cool with it, and did not think it odd to come right in and say you refuse to scumhunt? What do you think of Aristophanes also questioning his alignment over it and Skold's other posts?

As for the "
fluff
". It was my first post, and I normally wait until later on the first day before I start pressure voting for activity. Or RVP as you all call it here. As I already said, in time either you will continue to consider me fake, or your mind will change. There isn't much else to say on that matter, especially since your partially throwing a fit over a guy who just made a cordial post before getting serious.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 59, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 57, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you want to add to the current list do it like this
in a separate post.
"Please and thank you" says Gemerald.

Also, can I call you Gemerald?
I prefer Gamma.
<Embrace The Void>

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Noted!

Also, I don't see the fuss about Aubrey and think his posts are quite fine.
- Jingle
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:36 pm

Post by BlackStar »

In post 61, Aubrey wrote:
It's weird to pose questions in order to understand why someone chooses to play in a way that is not typical? Not typical to what i'm use to seeing at least in my offsite and onsite experience. You're also cool with it, and did not think it odd to come right in and say you refuse to scumhunt? What do you think of Aristophanes also questioning his alignment over it and Skold's other posts?

As for the "
fluff
". It was my first post, and I normally wait until later on the first day before I start pressure voting for activity. Or RVP as you all call it here. As I already said, in time either you will continue to consider me fake, or your mind will change. There isn't much else to say on that matter, especially since your partially throwing a fit over a guy who just made a cordial post before getting serious.
I'm not throwing a fit. People said they didn't get why I thought you were scummy, so I explained it. And skold said he'd find scum by town hunting and using poe. Sounds legit to me. I don't remember skold' other posts so I'll look back at them
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Town hunting and PoE aren't as effective in multifaction games, as I said above.
- Jingle
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:19 pm

Post by BTD6_maker »

In post 53, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay, I believe it's time to start RQS. I'll be taking three suggested questions this time, so think of something that could help advance the game.
1: Mafia. My wiki page has a list of completed games, and I tend to play better for some reason when scum.
2: I had once thought of a role that could target someone to swap roles with them (for example, if they target az Cop they become a Cop and the Cop becomes this role). I am not sure whether this exists yet in MS.net but it would be interesting to see.
3: If anything, Town may have better chances. The different factions are trying to hunt each other so 2-2-9 may be better for Town thn something like 3-10.

4: What role do you dislike the most?
Vigilantes. I personally hate them and will try never to use them in my own (non-bastard) setups. To me, it seems like a Vig is just going to end up killing Townies and bringing the game closer to LyLo. On the day before LyLo, a Vig can even instantly doom Town.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

4: I don't like Drivers. They mess up two peoples actions at once.
<Embrace The Void>

The_Jester
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
The_Jester
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:29 pm

Post by The_Jester »

I had similar feelings towards Aubrey's entrance as Blackstar but I don't think he deserves a vote solely for that.
In post 58, MeowMix wrote:
Eh as much as I dislike RQS, I think it's more likely to come from newbtown in this case.
In post 55, Gamma Emerald wrote: 3: I think the town has to be really careful, unless I don't get the setup and it selects the same row or column on each, then we just have to deal with two nightkills and less clear potential.
Could you elaborate what you meant by that?
In post 65, Aristophanes wrote:Town hunting and PoE aren't as effective in multifaction games, as I said above.
I disagree. Townhunting can be very effective if done right (if you let scum slip into your townbloc, you're not much of a townhunter). And it's especially good in this setup. Why? Cause both anti-town factions will try to get rid of each other first, out of fear for crosskills. Hence, they will scumhunt in a manner resembling town scumhunting which will make them hard to spot from our perspective. Only town has reasons to townhunt here. And PoE becomes amazingly useful after the first scumflip.
Why'd the clown drive over the cup?
He wanted to crack him up!
Javajoe24
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Javajoe24
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:24 pm

Post by Javajoe24 »

I'm here guys! will catch up later. Sorry for the delay
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:26 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I mean that if the setup is forced to select the same row or column on both grids, we don't have to worry too much about fakeclaims and such, we only have to deal with more nightkills and the lack of full clears. Basically, the simpler our situation is, the better.
<Embrace The Void>

Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:52 am

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 70, Gamma Emerald wrote:I mean that if the setup is forced to select the same row or column on both grids, we don't have to worry too much about fakeclaims and such, we only have to deal with more nightkills and the lack of full clears. Basically, the simpler our situation is, the better.
Except it's a row or column from each, randomly. I believe we could get two rows, two columns, or a mix, and it states an example on the Wiki with a mafia row and a Werewolf column (or vice versa). So it could be any combination iiuc.
- Jingle
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:53 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Jester, I'm not gonna shit on town hunting, just saying one us be careful when doing so.

And a scum flip only helps us nab 1 faction really. The other is still an enigma at that point.
- Jingle
Mimikyu
Mimikyu
Goon
Mimikyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:03 am

Post by Mimikyu »

In post 49, Ümläüt wrote:I agree Aubrey's entry felt awkward but I'm chalking it up to new-player weirdness.

VOTE: The_Jester
I like Skold's reasoning for this.
What could you have liked about that reasoning?

VOTE: Umlaut
Going after the low-hanging fruit much? Anything to add that isn't just an elaborate parrot?
1. Mafia. Way more fun and you essentially control your own destiny,
2. Cop. So powerful, but very difficult to play correctly.
3. Depends on how town handles it.

Overall:
I like Ari and Gamma. Don't like Skold, BlackStar, or Umlaut.
mimikyu..
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:53 am

Post by BlackStar »

@mimikyu How is he low hanging fruit if I'm the only one going after him? And I didn't parrot anyone so your post made no sense

Return to “Completed Open Games”