Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1300 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

and I keep forgetting about your calling Michel a mislynch. That's still :/ Especially now that you are calling him scum.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1301 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by kraska77 »

What do you think of iai?
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1302 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by kraska77 »

At the time I mad that post it reall looked like he's just lynchbait town
Now I'm reconsidering...I think I'm probably wrong about elyse so...
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1303 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think he's a lurksack and I glared at him from the computer when he white knighted Thor. I think white knighting is p scummy and depending on how the game goes I may be up for lynching that.

ok explain how you went from lynchbait town to scum on Michel?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1304 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 pm

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1303, Nero Cain wrote:to scum on Michel
I'm not really there yet
I just feel there's somehing off with the elyse wagon since so many seem to have a problem with it yet it still went through so easily
I'm pretty sure blitz is scum and Michel kinda makes sense as a scum buddy
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1305 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:23 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1304, kraska77 wrote:I'm pretty sure blitz is scum and Michel kinda makes sense as a scum buddy
explain that then

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1306 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:40 pm

Post by kraska77 »

The way he later tried to handwave the seriousness of his early posts on blitz when he received their naked vote as scummy is sketchy

Though now that I read his iso again...I'm not feeling a blitz/michel team at all so nvm
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1307 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:41 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Described* her* makes vote
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1308 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Do you normally waffle this hard?

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1309 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:44 pm

Post by kraska77 »

Naked* Vote
I need sleep

Perit: dunnoooo
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1310 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1124, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:To me, it looked like he just picked one of the naked voters arbitrarily and pushed them.
He did do this but didn't do this at the same time. Like all of Blitz, IAI and Shadow did naked votes. He could maybe argue that his vote was a joke but it was still mostly naked. At first he argued that Blitz vote was scummier b/c her naked vote was first. He then changed it to that he was doing it to just get the game going. It again became well Blitz was scummier b/c of made up math. Its totally convoluted and made up.

His vote on Maria over Shadow is also shit.

Why are you willing to get lynched over Michel?

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1311 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

On second though I
might
be ok with Gerry. I mean, yeah, this is p similar to scum him where he'd get p active when he was getting heat but I think a lot of players do play "scummy" on purpose.

I'm going back and forth on Giga. Like on one hand she seems kinda town but the whole crusading for her own policy lynch is kinda
ate
y and dumb.

Kinda think Titus is playing to her scum meta.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1312 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 1311, Nero Cain wrote:Kinda think Titus is playing to her scum meta.
ok so

i hate to meta someone playing under an alt because that's bad sportsmanship

but like i instinctively townread titus for absolutely zero reason almost every game i read her in. kraska can vouch for this because we talked about it in our hydra pt when that was a thing.

So what exactly makes you think this?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1313 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:01 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Who is the Titus alt?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1314 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:35 am

Post by kraska77 »

Giga why do you think shadow is scum?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1315 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1312, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i hate to meta someone playing under an alt because that's bad sportsmanship
this is pretty silly. Like if Blitz wasn't a public alt then I could understand not outting it and ruining it for other player but Blitz is public and already talked about it being a Titus alt.

Titus is doing shit all. She's not for today but I'm not willing to let her coast.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1316 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1312, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i hate to meta someone playing under an alt because that's bad sportsmanship
this is pretty silly. Like if Blitz wasn't a public alt then I could understand not outting it and ruining it for other player but Blitz is public and already talked about it being a Titus alt.

Titus is doing shit all. She's not for today but I'm not willing to let her coast.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1317 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:10 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1137, Blitzkrieg wrote:Thor, what are you talking about the vote on no one?
I am assuring the game that a vote on no one will never be a vote on scum.
In post 1137, Blitzkrieg wrote:Do you think we can swing Maria? I don't want to Unvote one scum to chase another.
Maria is very obviously a lynch option for the day.
At the moment it is a Maria v. Gerry situation, which is super exciting to me.
In post 1166, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:B: My townflip will probably point to the fact that town is looking in the wrong direction, which I think it is. I am completely serious when I say that I want people to just put Maria and Kraska on ignore D2 and focus on the slots that haven't received much pressure. Kraska is really obvious town and I know I'm going to be the only one who sees that. Maria could absolutely be scum, but she's still a distraction I think, especially when there are lurkers who I can't even read (I think Karnos might be the town one, that's really all I got). More slots need sorting and pressure, not enough work was done D1 because Transcend was an idiot. Starting D2 off with another RVS/AVS actually is not that far-fetched of an idea, that's how badly information starved I think this town is.
Your argument for you being distracting is equally applicable to Maria.
Your campaign here is either scummy or terrible town play - so stop it either way please and thank you.
I don't need a second Maria in the game.
In post 1303, Nero Cain wrote:I think he's a lurksack and I glared at him from the computer when he white knighted Thor. I think white knighting is p scummy and depending on how the game goes I may be up for lynching that.
What would be the gain of the white knight though?
Either I was being replaced - in which case no town pocket, or Trans was being replaced - which would weaken the scum vibe he was pushing on him, and also I was on record not supporting that lynch.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1318 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

you've been here longer than me and you are asking me whats the scum motivation in white knighting? :igmeou:

I mean its not like something I'm super gung ho on but its something to consider.

Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1319 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:45 am

Post by Thor665 »

Nero, you've been here since 2009 and you are asking me to reword my post because it's too confusing to you :neutral: I *specifically* described why the two motivations of white knighting didn't apply in the instance you were calling a white knighting, and then asked what the point was.

Is there a third motivation I missed?
Is there a reason one of my explanations doesn't apply?
That's what I'm asking.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1320 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:48 am

Post by kraska77 »

Thor who are you reading as town?
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1321 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:52 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1073, Elyse wrote:@JJD
The ascetic claim is scummy to me. Transcend didn't claim it and then giga's claim seemed more of a "just in case" claim if someone got a no result on him or something. If giga truly believes that claiming ascetic is protown, then I feel as though he would do it as either alignment. It's scummy to me only because Transcend didn't claim it.
IDK, I feel like it draws attention to him which he wouldn't want to do.

Still probably leaning scum on the slot though.
JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1322 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:53 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1075, MariaR wrote:If you can get a wagon that's not on giga going I'd support it.
huh?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1323 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:56 am

Post by Nero Cain »

thor, I don't think the situation where you may have replaced out makes any difference. Also he p much put the mod in the situation that unless he force replaced Trans he'd have to get replacements for you and him, so his hand was a bit forced I think. So yes, I think its something that he could do as scum.

JarJarDrinks
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
JarJarDrinks
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1324 (ISO) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:02 am

Post by JarJarDrinks »

In post 1114, I Am Innocent wrote:The question I've asked myself is what reason does scum transcend do that for:

1) Town Maria
2) Scum Maria

I see more of a reason for #2 and less for #1.

Then when you factor him backing off for potentially being blacklisted, why does scum transcend back off for #1 and #2 above?

The wagon on Maria was dying by the time he backed off, but once again a scum gambit would never get him black listed so what benefit unless both are scum.

I find scum transcend town Maria as the least likely combination of the 4.
These are some good points IAI. I think I agree w/ this analysis and probably would support Maria lynch over giga now.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”