grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3700 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 am

Post by grapes »

Having a declared scumread is half the battle.

Give credit to those who were there. Those challenging the naysayers. Calling for votes/movement.

Not the ones letting things fall as they would.
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #3701 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 3482, farside22 wrote:So far events have been triggered during the day, not at night.
Actually, they get triggered at NIGHT, get "resolved" by the end of the night, and -if successful- they get ACTVATED by day.

Let me try again: I submitted my Joy Ride activation request during the prequel phase, and while the stress was @ +1 (a prerequisite for it to be triggered). I didn't get confirmation until the day had begun, and only then did we have the PT available.

I think Varsoon made it clear that events get triggered by night but do not count as night actions (i.e. these cannot be blocked by a Roleblocker or a Jailkeeper for instance, and they will not count as forfeited action towards the current hidden counter). But they do get triggered at night none-the-less.

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3702 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:16 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

I voted him and said that he had, I think the wording I used was "basically surrendered" in his response to Cerb's case. I was not specific
for a reason
. SC then showed back up and flailed in response to me saying he had surrendered, which confirmed (for me) that he was scum.

I then got ARRESTED (long story, minor misdemeanor, not really anyone's business but important because people are trying to cherry pick to make a bullshit case against us), and was never around again. OWK can confirm I never again spoke in the PT, despite there being things in there being discussed that I would have wanted to talk about, and I obviously never posted again in the scum game.

So don't come in here and tell me I didn't push when I voted him AND got him to bite on something and add more to the "he's scum" side of the scale.

All this hindsight bias and people trying to say SC lynch was inevitable is bullshit. We've all seen countless times when wagons aren't going and even the lynch that seems inevitable ends up swapping to some lurker or something as the day winds down because people aren't sure enough. Given the claim that SC made and the support he had from A50 and Farside, it's very possible he would NOT have been lynched without Cerb's ISO work and me baiting him. I would even suggest that Cerb pushing for complete clarity about who knew what made the lynch happen, because it outed just how clever and manipulative SC had been with the joy ride.

~D

P-edit: We didn't let things fall where they would. I pushed, and Cerb was around pushing to ensure full understanding in the face of a really town looking claim which was backed up by people like A50 and Farside having town reads on SC. You don't get to selectively decide that our contributions were useless because you dislike us or your ego won't let you change your mind.

And before you say anything about anything, look at your ISO where you took a shot at our play in SU, when
YOU
cost town that game with the single worst moment of play I've EVER seen by a town player. We logically PROVED to you that Fuzzy was town and you lynched her just to save yourself because of your ego. Back then you even apologized for it, but apparently that was to the OTHER people you screwed over, and not to US, who actually put in the hundreds of hours of time to ensure the win. You stole it from us, and then insulted us about it in this game. You clearly don't like us, and I frankly don't give a fuck. You can like and dislike whomever the fuck you like.

But when you start fucking with my wincon because you can't behave like adult, I'm going to take exception. EVERY time.
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3703 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:26 am

EbWoP: "Scum game" = "game". No idea why I typed scum in there.

The pile-on of people who will now claim that it was a slip in 3... 2 ... 1 ...

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3704 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:28 am

Post by grapes »

Yea Drixx literally fuck off. Your logic was "lol scum wouldn't be put into a neighborhood automatically with an IC"

That's what lost us the game. It wasn't me that hammered fuzzy who had a weak flavor claim and was scum by play all game. It wasn't me that quick lynched me while I was asleep.
It was you, mastin and cerb that lynched me (obvtown with obvtown flavor) that made a play far too ballsy to come from scum and then proceeded to lynch a fucking COP CLEAR in mylo because you guessed the setup wrong.

In a retrospectively very flavor indicative game.

But I understand that you like to bring this up because it's all about the blame game.

Like, you talk about my ego. You don't know me. And you certainly have a lot harder of a time letting go shit that happened a year ago in a internet forum dedicated to a detective cops and robbers game based on a kids television show than I do.
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #3705 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 am

Post by Creature »

In post 3703, Reasonably Rational wrote:EbWoP: "Scum game" = "game". No idea why I typed scum in there.

The pile-on of people who will now claim that it was a slip in 3... 2 ... 1 ...

~D
scumslip
Sigh
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #3706 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:29 am

Post by McMenno »

Spoiler:

fwiw I will forego the use of my ability during the doomsday thingy
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3707 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:34 am

In post 3704, grapes wrote:Yea Drixx literally fuck off. Your logic was "lol scum wouldn't be put into a neighborhood automatically with an IC"

That's what lost us the game. It wasn't me that hammered fuzzy who had a weak flavor claim and was scum by play all game. It wasn't me that quick lynched me while I was asleep.
It was you, mastin and cerb that lynched me (obvtown with obvtown flavor) that made a play far too ballsy to come from scum and then proceeded to lynch a fucking COP CLEAR in mylo because you guessed the setup wrong.

In a retrospectively very flavor indicative game.

But I understand that you like to bring this up because it's all about the blame game.

Like, you talk about my ego. You don't know me. And you certainly have a lot harder of a time letting go shit that happened a year ago in a internet forum dedicated to a detective cops and robbers game based on a kids television show than I do.
Yep. You totally have no hitches when you trashed us about it earlier in the game and told me to fuck off just now. You totes let go of it, LOL.

~D
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3708 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:50 am

Post by grapes »

Free life lesson. The people who don't spend every opportunity announcing how everyone else fucked up (when they clearly fucked up) probably have issues about being blamed for it more than the people who've been trying to shrug it off.

Like, that's been your default way to engage me everytime I push you on something (other than flail) and it just seems a lot less like something you give a shit about and more like something you'd rather talk on about because you're scum without anything better to say or you think you can get away with discrediting me as a player because I've mostly been whatever about it at this point.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3709 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 9:51 am

Post by grapes »

Telling that thread opens; and the less appearance minded ones flock to the goodwagon that is RR;

A new day rises, and resistance is met in the form of the shadow dwellers.

What does this mean?
Varsoon
Varsoon
Scatman
Varsoon
Scatman
Scatman

Post Post #3710 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:05 am

Post by Varsoon »

In post 3688, Reasonably Rational wrote:
@Varsoon: Which takes priority if both are triggered simultaneously, a priority 1 event or a priority 2 event?
The highest priority is a priority 0 Event, followed by 1, then 2, then 3, etc.
If a priority 1 and 2 event are triggered at the same time, only the priority 1 event resolves.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3711 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:11 am

In post 3708, grapes wrote:Free life lesson. The people who don't spend every opportunity announcing how everyone else fucked up (when they clearly fucked up) probably have issues about being blamed for it more than the people who've been trying to shrug it off.

Like, that's been your default way to engage me everytime I push you on something (other than flail) and it just seems a lot less like something you give a shit about and more like something you'd rather talk on about because you're scum without anything better to say or you think you can get away with discrediting me as a player because I've mostly been whatever about it at this point.
It only came up at all because I don't recall playing with you in any other game, so there's not much shared history to discuss. And sure ... we messed up the last day ... but that day never happens if you don't make the terrible play you made.

And the
reason
this is important is because you're doing the same thing this game. You have no respect for our approach, and in fact have attacked it constantly. But our approach had town at 100% win probability in the only other game we played together, and
YOU
snatched defeat from the jaws of victory, specifically
because
you were arrogant and dismissive of our approach. Just look at what you said a few posts ago. Even though we had demonstrated why Fuzzy was town (and we had proven ourselves already by that point by catching Titus in a tiny slip and tying Sonic to her as the source of her slip), you decided that
your read
and
your playstyle
was superior to us and you threw the game away just to spite us.

So it has nothing to do with "letting go" and everything to do with trying to get you to wake up and realize that there is more than one way to play this game. You seem to have a huge problem with us because in the only two games you've ever played with us you have attacked our methods and attacked us, and in the only completed game we played together, you were so smug and viewed us as so inferior to you that you literally destroyed a 100% win probability out of sheer hubris.

And you don't seem to have learned your lesson.

~D
Show

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #3712 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:11 am

Post by McMenno »

can we stop derailing the thread please

this is only adding more noise
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3713 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:18 am

McMenno ... I'm trying to get through and establish actual communication with Grapes instead of fighting with him. What I'm pointing out is spot on and if he'll stop looking down on us like we're unworthy of being in the same game with him becuase our process is different, he might re-evaluate things and realize that the way we play doesn't result in what we've done thus far if we're scum.

Also ... you could aks questions or make observations or do
anything
to get the signal ratio up. Your post does nothing but add to the noise and doesn't advance the game in any meaningful way. You appear to be just making a safe post that people will nod their head and you get to just blend in. What's up with that?

~D
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3714 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:22 am

Post by grapes »

In post 3711, Reasonably Rational wrote:It only came up at all because I don't recall playing with you in any other game, so there's not much shared history to discuss. And sure ... we messed up the last day ... but that day never happens if you don't make the terrible play you made.
You lynched a cop clear over obvious scum.

Because of strict, laughably bad setup spec.

Coversation is over.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3715 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:23 am

Post by grapes »

pushing someone as scum = disrespecting their approach
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #3716 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:26 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 3713, Reasonably Rational wrote:McMenno ... I'm trying to get through and establish actual communication with Grapes instead of fighting with him. What I'm pointing out is spot on and if he'll stop looking down on us like we're unworthy of being in the same game with him becuase our process is different, he might re-evaluate things and realize that the way we play doesn't result in what we've done thus far if we're scum.

anything
to get the signal ratio up. Your post does nothing but add to the noise and doesn't advance the game in any meaningful way. You appear to be just making a safe post that people will nod their head and you get to just blend in. What's up with that?

~D
no, you're trying to cover up the fact that you're making even more empty posts

I feel like you're planting a seed here
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3717 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:30 am

In post 3716, McMenno wrote:
In post 3713, Reasonably Rational wrote:McMenno ... I'm trying to get through and establish actual communication with Grapes instead of fighting with him. What I'm pointing out is spot on and if he'll stop looking down on us like we're unworthy of being in the same game with him becuase our process is different, he might re-evaluate things and realize that the way we play doesn't result in what we've done thus far if we're scum.

anything

~D
no, you're trying to cover up the fact that you're making even more empty posts

I feel like you're planting a seed here
I feel like the only difference between "planting a seed" and questioning someone on something questionable they've done and continue to do I'd a matter of alignment. You state it thst way because you want to continue the narrative that we're scum, but the action taken is identical in both cases.

-Cerb
Show

McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #3718 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:32 am

Post by McMenno »

sorry but I can't hear you over all my confbiasing

anyway I will go to bed now
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3719 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:34 am

In post 3718, McMenno wrote:sorry but I can't hear you over all my confbiasing

anyway I will go to bed now
Well, at least you admit it.

Puts you on a higher level of self awareness than most.

-Cerb
Show

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3720 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:41 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 3675, Almost50 wrote:My D1 Alliance with SC had the following content:

Format: Post #-Poster: paraphrased content.

0-Varsoon: Welcome, Day & Night chat, You can't be killed by normal killing actions, you posses an extra vote if both vote the same target (can't be the hammer vote).

1-A50: Tell me if this was a mistake and you're going to kill me. :P Enjoy the Event.

2-A50: Did you notice the double-vote thing?? It's also the same in Joy Ride, so we may have TWO extra votes at our disposal. If everybody in Joy Ride votes together that's SEVEN votes.

3-SC: Yeah, the extra votes are great. Better not use them randomly though.

4-A50: Agreed. You know full read lists isn't my style, but here goes:

{mastin2, Obi-Wan Kenobi}
{Sir Cakez, Foxbird, Skybird, Farside22, Firebringer}
{CooLDoG, Reasonably Rational, killthestory (jumps to top if confirmed IC), McMenno, SnarkySnowman}
{Everybody else} << Null
{Yume, Not Chara, kraskaesque}
{Nobody} << Stong Scum

Of course, these are subject to change. For instance, I'm not confident if my scum read on kraska is genuine. It could very well be due to her playstyle in general.

5-A50: Your lack of contribution here worries me. I wanted to be able to read you better and vice versa.

6-SC: Apologies. I wasn't at home for the day and haven't been all caught up. Why is Yume nullscum? And why is Obi top town?

I also want to ally with Mastin tomorrow as my role can protect her. She's scumreading me though, so I could use your backing here.

7-A50: As I said in Event thread; Obi is semi-confirmed bc of the Exposition opening post by Varsoon. he said Obi was "trustworthy". that bit couldn't have been put out there randomly, I don't think.

Yume is bc she confirmed Mastina too fast. I would've slept on it myself to see who will try to get rid of Mastina from the word go, and especially so when Mastina was already universally town read, so it looks like a thing scum would do for town cred.

8-SC: I read the OP, and I don't see how that makes Obi semi-confirmed. Also Mastina confirmed Yume through her role.

9-A50: You think Varsoon would say that about OWk out of nowhere? I think this was a result of an action or event, and my only concern would be the possibility of it being a scum ability, in which case it "may" be misleading info. Aside from that it could very well be that OWK is a modified IC of some sort.

Yume, I'm not fully updated on the matter. Could it be that Mastina's action only works on Town?? If that's the case then OK.

10-A50: You & Mastina.. we can see about that when we get closer to the deadline.

11-SC: Where does it say OWK is trustworthy? I don't see that.

12-SC: Found it. That's probably random stuff for flavor purposes. It also mentions KTS & Foxbird.

13-A50: I don't see how Mastina's ever going to change her read on you when you're pushing OWK with persistance. How about you ally with grapes as he proposed? That should clear you of any mishaps for the 2nd night in-a-row.

14-A50: Why did you pick me to ally with? What did you expect to gain and/or why do you think I needed protection?

15-SC: Obi is extremely scummy. I picked you bc my townreads were already taken, I didn't want to ally with someone useless. It had nothing to do with the protection tbh.

16-SC: I only started townreading you after we got allied, to be clear.

17:A50: Why are you sheeping KC on a vanity wagon FGS?? I would sheep NC over KC, if I didn't have my own reads that is. At least NC is active and engaging with most everyone. The problem is I'm suspicious of NC itself.

18-A50: How is NC's giving up townie? When YOU give up (as town) you tend to throw the towel. They are "still going to be around all night" and they "don't think they'll be lynched today". That's sowing doubt in the minds of the undecided.

also, there are endless attempts to get counter wagons going, and THAT is worrying. Sure enough, they're not all scum driven, but scum are for sure pushing some and waiting for one of them to take off. That includes the wagon on you, which was triggered by NC itself!!

19-SC: What is KC? When town give up they don't leave. They keep posting. Scum though will just leave. I -for one- get salty when I give up as town.

20-A50: KC= Klingoncelt.

21-SC: I didn't sheep her.

22-A50: Try to use your influence on FB to get him back in the Event PT and persuade him to vote Shiro with us. With FB & CD joining then you on top that wagon could be @ 9 votes instead of 4.

23-SC: Do I just outright tell him to get back in the PT?

24-A50: No idea. He's not being himself at all, and I'm starting to worry about the person he is IRL.

25-A50: Yo, man .. why is it everytime someone's trying to argue FOR you being town you turn the table on them and discredit their case yourself? you did that top me and to farside already. You're spitting in my face and telling me I can't read you for shit!!!

26-A50: Man, if you're scum -after all my hard defense on you- it'd be just like how you hard defended scum!me on my very first game here. If you're scum, consider us even. Just saying.

27-A50: Am I still BP here after Joy Ride has been disbanded?

28-SC: Bc I would feel bad being townread for the wrong reasons. Yes you are BP, until I'm dead.

29-Varsoon: Thread Locked with SC's lynch.

N.B. Wow, I thought that would be easy. It wasn't. I don't think I will do that to the Joy Ride PT as I initially intended.
In post 3686, Almost50 wrote:
In post 3456, Reasonably Rational wrote:Because we're TOWN and our event requires STRESS +1 or higher. We couldn't trigger it last night.
To be clear; this is one more reason why I think RR is town. My own event (Joy Ride) required a +1 stress level to be triggered. It had a priority level of 2, and would have been suppressed by events of priority 1 (or 2 if I lost a tie-break). In essence, I know there's at least one event that would've prevented me my Joy Ride from being triggered if that was also triggered, and I believe it to be RR's.
Town events/actions have restrictions. Mod told us that scum would have those events. RR's claim doesn't clear him, but his ability makes it dumb to lynch him as its public and controllable.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3721 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Not Chara »

i don't have time to read up the thread right now. still, i did check, and i don't think i saw a mention of this.

SirCakez's ability allowed him (and his team, later) to look for Jasper. i can't think of what this would indicate besides Jasper being the flavour of a traitor. (as she obviously is not a "Threat To Earth" if they would have to search for her) but the player with Jasper flavour could also in no way be aligned with earth.

if someone could think of a different thing Jasper could be, i am all ears. i brought this up because i hadn't seen it being spoken about, but there has been talk of a traitor between Klingoncelt and DGB.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3722 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:46 am

Post by grapes »

You guys aren't questioning me on anything. You think my push boils down to my "looking down on you" when that isn't true. I'm anti-elitist as they come first off and don't have a problem with either of you.

No examples of this are given; and my original reasons for voting you don't hold weight because you've already explained those away with a text-wall or two and because it happened on Day 1 (where everyone knows that it's impossible to catch scum).

And we'll also ignore what I'm doing right now - which is pushing on you and evolving my reasons as we speak.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All

Post Post #3723 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:47 am

Post by McMenno »

In post 3721, Not Chara wrote:i don't have time to read up the thread right now. still, i did check, and i don't think i saw a mention of this.

SirCakez's ability allowed him (and his team, later) to look for Jasper. i can't think of what this would indicate besides Jasper being the flavour of a traitor. (as she obviously is not a "Threat To Earth" if they would have to search for her) but the player with Jasper flavour could also in no way be aligned with earth.

if someone could think of a different thing Jasper could be, i am all ears. i brought this up because i hadn't seen it being spoken about, but there has been talk of a traitor between Klingoncelt and DGB.
yes, this was mentioned
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3724 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 10:49 am

You're not pushing on us?

I'm not sure what you're doing, but it's certainly not something involving pressure. It looks like you and Drixx are having a stupid fight, really.

-Cerb
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”