Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:45 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Might be down for Gamma
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by BlackStar »

I'm down with it too

VOTE: gamma
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

not really bout that gamma lynch tbh

@MOD: Starting tomorrow I'm going to be V/LA an d having to post from phone for an undetermined period of time. I apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Oh yeah, the last time I read the thread I decided to be a sarcastic jerk... this should be fun :P
I also remember thinking I was blatantly obvtown before I disappeared. That might just be me though..

To start, sucks ass. This is a possible scum post by Mimik.
In post 205, Ümläüt wrote:And speaking of early strong scumreads:
In post 34, Aristophanes wrote:VOTE: Skold

Okay, so this is scum. I legit scumread every post they've made thus far. Something is just wrong here and it is the colour of their role PM.

Join me!
You haven't really talked at all about this read since you gave it on page 2. Can you go into more detail and also say how this read has progressed since then?
I'll see how this progresses and address it after the catchup should it hold true. I have a feeling it will.

to 224 are also just a weird interaction. What's with people and weird interactions this game!?
Gamma getting mad about Zack/Black stuff also knocks him down a peg (down is scummier, up is townier).

is disgusting and more scumpoints to Gamma.

to 256 are another set of useless posts where people suck and don't really discuss the game while simultaneously pissing each other off at the drop of a hat. I really didn't miss much while I was gone, did I.
I should clarify that I don't think Zack is unnecessarily abrasive overall and this isn't meant as commentary on him specifically.
In post 263, Gamma Emerald wrote:What I want everyone to answer is:
Do you find MeowMix's asking about my opinion on voting me alignment indicative?
Meh, not really. I like that he did it though, and I don't think he was necessarily offbase, even if I don't see how he could have gotten there naturally. Though your persistence on pushing this question is interesting. What did you get out of the answers, and what were you trying for if you didn't?
In post 297, Gamma Emerald wrote:Great now someone else is being passive aggressive. To be fair, MeowMix did add to that read.
There we go! Finally someone sums up the game properly!
In post 304, BTD6_maker wrote:By the way, for GE's 5th question, my most hated tactic is strongarming. In strongarming you tunnel someone while refusing to answer any questions or give reasons (and taking requests for reasons to be obvscum). RadiantCowbells did it to me on Day 2 of Newbie 1700.
a) That's called a DeathTunnel. Strongarming a lynch just means that you push it through. The two do work well together though.
The real reason I quoted this is because I'd forgotten about the RQS section until you did this, and I don't see why such obvious filler is required.

This is pages 8-13. I'm really slow sometimes.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

Zach, do you have any insight into Dunn's alignment? I feel like you probably have the most experience with him of anyone here but you haven't really offered a read there.

You pointed out that no one will call him out on his behavior (namely death-tunneling you every game) but have you noticed any difference in how he does this in town vs. scum games, and if so what does this occasion look like to you?
“Of course it's my fault. There's no one else here who could be responsible for anything.”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 579, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 297, Gamma Emerald wrote:Great now someone else is being passive aggressive. To be fair, MeowMix did add to that read.
There we go! Finally someone sums up the game properly!
And it continues with Zach.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Ümläüt wrote:Zach, do you have any insight into Dunn's alignment? I feel like you probably have the most experience with him of anyone here but you haven't really offered a read there.

You pointed out that no one will call him out on his behavior (namely death-tunneling you every game) but have you noticed any difference in how he does this in town vs. scum games, and if so what does this occasion look like to you?
I can't exactly say I have experience with scum Dunn right
at this moment

But it's hard to differentiate between the two.

I've noticed that people just write him off as town, though, as opposed to trying to read that. At least it comes off as such. Which is what irritates me. Is it that lovable avi?

My insight is that when I actually replied to his shit a few pages ago head-on, he stops replying to me and has made no further mention of me in way he was before. Yes, I took note of that.

He's going to come in here in a little doubtcasting me and making what I said seem somehow not relevant. I'm sure of it.
Ümläüt
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Ümläüt
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by Ümläüt »

In post 582, Zachstralkita wrote:I've noticed that people just write him off as town, though, as opposed to trying to read that. At least it comes off as such. Which is what irritates me. Is it that lovable avi?
I don't know if this is true. He got lynched D1 in our last game together, though as I said earlier that was a fairly unusual setup; and he seems to be getting some heat in this game as well.

But it sounds like you're scumreading him then?
“Of course it's my fault. There's no one else here who could be responsible for anything.”
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

My last posts directed at him were trying to engage him. For most of the game I've been trying to ignore him so we wouldn't do a 50 page back and forth like every fucking game that we're in. So when I do try to engage him and I get crickets, am I fucking meant to be happy? No.

Am I scumreading him? With the way Dunn works, it's hard to get a solid read on him early on and lean this way or that way. Dunn can get away with doing a lot of the same shit as either alignment so I'd really not make a judgement call at this point. As I've stated before, Dunn's reads are notoriously shit so I can't call him scum for campaigning for awful lynches. It's one of his charms.

My main gripe was that no one really addressed how he was tunneling me like they didn't see it or didn't want to? And most of these people have never played with me, can't really say for Dunn, but I'm thinking not, so the whole meta thing can't really be applied? So I was confused.
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 584, Zachstralkita wrote:My last posts directed at him were trying to engage him. For most of the game I've been trying to ignore him so we wouldn't do a 50 page back and forth like every fucking game that we're in. So when I do try to engage him and I get crickets, am I fucking meant to be happy? No.
Like, he says " Town Zach would be more confrontational with me pushing him!" and when I
confront him
he has nothing to say? What type of shit is that? If you were trying to get a reaction out of me, congratulations, you win.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 583, Ümläüt wrote:He got lynched D1 in our last game together, though as I said earlier that was a fairly unusual setup
It was also a blitz

And town lost because they lynched me day 1, instead of what I was pushing (to lynch the innocent child, which would have won town the game instantly (both mafia were on the same line)
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

@Zach so I'm tunneling you, but also ignoring you? Pick one bud, otherwise it's just..... normal interaction
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 582, Zachstralkita wrote:I've noticed that people just write him off as town, though, as opposed to trying to read that. At least it comes off as such. Which is what irritates me. Is it that lovable avi?
It's my lovable personality

In post 582, Zachstralkita wrote:My insight is that when I actually replied to his shit a few pages ago head-on, he stops replying to me and has made no further mention of me in way he was before. Yes, I took note of that.
What did you reply to that warranted a reply from me...?
In post 582, Zachstralkita wrote:He's going to come in here in a little doubtcasting me
No need
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 584, Zachstralkita wrote:Dunn's reads are notoriously shit
Except, they're not.

I gaurantee you there's at least 1 scum in btd6 and gamma
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:08 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 587, Dunnstral wrote:@Zach so I'm tunneling you, but also ignoring you? Pick one bud, otherwise it's just..... normal interaction
don't play dumb and act like you didnt see 480 and 481 and then proceed to not address them, intentional or not

and then act like im making something up when I literally refer to it just now
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:10 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: BTD_6
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:13 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 290, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 287, Mimikyu wrote:
In post 249, Zachstralkita wrote:What is the basis for your read on me. You're not accomplishing anything except being vague. And doubtcasting meowmix, and taking no real stance on mostly everything else save for Umlaut.
For me it has a good bit to do with gut. Usually when people have your kind of abrasive style, I've seen certain things accompany it as each alignment. As town, it's likely due to being overconfident, but I don't actually feel that controlling confidence from you. It feels abrasive to no real end.
This is me being civil.

Anyways, ~~

VOTE: Mimikyu

I was thinking about doing this when I read 247, 259, 266 (toss in everything you've said about meowmix)

but then I see that scumpool and oh. oh boy.
Is this your vote right now?

I like how I get called out for tunneling but your vote is parked for 300 posts while you talk about other stuff and try to stop every other lynch from forming while edging mine on from the shadows

I went back and looked at 480 and 481, why didn't you vote btd_6 following that?
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

Dunnstral wrote:
In post 290, Zachstralkita wrote:
In post 287, Mimikyu wrote:
In post 249, Zachstralkita wrote:What is the basis for your read on me. You're not accomplishing anything except being vague. And doubtcasting meowmix, and taking no real stance on mostly everything else save for Umlaut.
For me it has a good bit to do with gut. Usually when people have your kind of abrasive style, I've seen certain things accompany it as each alignment. As town, it's likely due to being overconfident, but I don't actually feel that controlling confidence from you. It feels abrasive to no real end.
This is me being civil.

Anyways, ~~

VOTE: Mimikyu

I was thinking about doing this when I read 247, 259, 266 (toss in everything you've said about meowmix)

but then I see that scumpool and oh. oh boy.
Is this your vote right now?

I like how I get called out for tunneling but your vote is parked for 300 posts while you talk about other stuff and try to stop every other lynch from forming while edging mine on from the shadows

I went back and looked at 480 and 481, why didn't you vote btd_6 following that?

my votes parked cause mimikyu is still scum obviously. he was scum. and he is scum still. is something difficult to grasp about that? because pages go by a motherfuckers alignment just changes and I should vote someone else? you know how bad that sounds?

How in the fuck am I edging your lynch on from the shadows? Oh, every time you do some goofy shit and I call you out on it I somehow have to be trying to kill you? Is that how it works?

that ill probably bet on it higher than BTD6 and definitely higher than gamma

btd6 has a few awful posts but what's disconcerting is that people are calling him out like "oh yeah pal, you had better start producing some content and FAST because that real life excuse is not gonna save u !!!11 !" like it isnt fucking day one right now. that is the definition of trying to appear as if you are acting in protown interest if im being honest. I have not put the spotlight on this at all I have simply noted it here.

I too am waiting on said content from BTD, BUT as either alignment BTD fucks himself more if his unwillingness to produce content is DELIBERATE. so it does not concern me too much. that problem will resolve ITSELF.

if i thought BTD was more likely scum than Mimikyu then I would be fucking voting BTD right now, would I not

That's not to say that he can't be scum, I'd just much rather let Mimikyu feel the rope's warm embrace
Zachstralkita
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Zachstralkita
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by Zachstralkita »

In post 593, Zachstralkita wrote:
mimikyu is scum

that ill probably bet on it higher than BTD6 and definitely higher than gamma

this is supposed to be in there
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Why do you believe that mimikyu is scum again?

I'm sure you've given reasons, just a rehash would be nice
Mimikyu
Mimikyu
Goon
Mimikyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Mimikyu »

In post 359, Gamma Emerald wrote:Great job guys. I tried to be active in the discussion, and this is what happens. I guess I'll just copy my EpicMafia habits and lurk all the time. Thanks for teaching me this valuable lesson.
These two posts are an interesting combination.

Don't really care for Ari's catch-up post. While I don't generally put much into meta, his play altogether feels quite a bit different than the games I've played with him where he was town. This is more just to explain I've got a bit of a gut scumread on him based on that. And somehow we are almost 10 days in and he still hasn't placed an RVS vote.

That's it for now. Sorry I still don't have much time to devote to this right now.
mimikyu..
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:21 am

Post by Something_Smart »

I really want to call Zach town and Dunn scum but I don't think it's that simple :?

is my head just entirely up my butt? because I also feel like BTD6 and Gamma would both be lynchbait as town, and I feel like most of what they're saying could come from either alignment. And I feel like all the players I feel do deserve pressure (more so than Gamma and BTD, who I feel will be easier to sort when not under pressure) have just slipped into the background.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

How have I slipped into the background? Feels more like I slipped into the forefront tbh.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Something_Smart
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Something_Smart
He/him
Somewhat_Balanced
Somewhat_Balanced
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Something_Smart »

That's what I was saying; you and BTD have been pushed into the forefront, which I feel makes you harder to read.
Whereas Ari, Umlaut and MeowMix, the players I do believe ought to be pressured, have slipped into the background.

Return to “Completed Open Games”