Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2175 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2171, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:VOTE: Shadow_Step

i guess my set-up spec sucked in the end... tbh i think he's more likely flipping goon/encryptor than vanilla cop, but he could viably be one so idk. There's practically a guilty on him which is good enough for me.

but yeah i can't see an issue with this lynch regardless of the flip. let's not quickhammer though because we need a decent plan for tomorrow in case it's MYLO.
This is dumb, why don't you think NC was blocked?
And why would I keep town clearing people if I'm scum?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2176 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Because usually a town gunsmith indicates a scum doctor, and I think that the set-up would be extremely scumsided with both a doctor and roleblocker with any amount of shots?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2177 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

you HAVE to give results.

Elyse was the only claimed VT so "investigating" her was safe

Without my kinda guilty, Kranksa wouldn't want to lynch you. Taking her to lylo is a good idea.

Who is scum if you are town and I'm confirmed town?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2178 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Why would it be scum sided. What protection do both the scum have leaving scum doc out against tracker or gunsmith ?
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2179 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2177, Nero Cain wrote:you HAVE to give results.

Elyse was the only claimed VT so "investigating" her was safe

Without my kinda guilty, Kranksa wouldn't want to lynch you. Taking her to lylo is a good idea.

Who is scum if you are town and I'm confirmed town?
Uhh what? She was the first one to vote me into day 3.

And no I don't have to give results. I was sreading JJ, I could have easily said I investigated him.
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2180 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:42 pm

In post 1812, chilledtea wrote:

Blitzkrieg
(L-1) : kraska77,
JarJarDrinks
, gigabyteTroubadour,
Nero Cain
, Elyse.

gigabyteTroubadour
(L-2) :
Blitzkrieg
gerryoat
, MichelSableheart, karnos.

karnos (L-4) : Thor665, Shadow_step.

Not Voting (0) : No one.
From this votecount alone, I can't see why scum!Shadow would want to vote Karnos over Titus if they're scum together. Karnos
could
have been lynched yesterday since I joined the wagon and most people voting for Titus also scumread Blitz, so it's not like he just parked a vanity vote on a partner to distance.

This makes me feel like it's more likely Shadow/{Elyse, Thor} than not.

Shadow, I'm not sure I'm getting your argument. Without a protective role for town, I don't think scum need a roleblocker to counter a tracker or gunsmith... Cop/VT/Goon is considered balanced in Matrix6, and gunsmith and tracker are both weaker than cop.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2181 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:43 pm

oh oops i left myself colored in that vca lmao

nero is colored in though because scum vigs are considered bastard and nero is obvtown enough that i can't even consider the possibility of having a scumvig being the permitted non-normal exception to this set-up

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2182 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2179, Shadow_step wrote:And no I don't have to give results.
Do you think you'd live very long if you refused to do so?
I was sreading JJ, I could have easily said I investigated him.
Do you think that would have made him stop scum reading you?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2183 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:49 pm

*also scumread Karnos

EBWOP

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2184 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

That's beside the point, I didn't need to town clear Kraska
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2185 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2174, Nero Cain wrote:Who do I vig tonight, Karnos?
You just said you were two shot wtf?
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2186 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

yes, I didn't kill anyone night 1 and the mod won't tell me if I still have that shot or not so I'm going to send one in. But also, I vaugely believe that if an X-shot power is not completed you are refunded that shot.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2187 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 2177, Nero Cain wrote:Who is scum if you are town and I'm confirmed town?

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2188 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

:facepalm:

Just brilliant, you are lying to get me lynched, you know what's gonna happen after I flip town? Town's gonna mislynch you dumbass.
NC probably holstered n1 and he's just being cocky about me being scum.
Show

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2189 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:02 pm

i mean

in Open 649 i was specifically told that if my 1-shot vig shot didn't go through it wouldn't be refunded as per normal guidelines.

i assumed you were asking karnos for some other reason but if it was serious... :/

also shadow no one is ever going to lynch nero... this isn't the kind of guilty you line up the lynches of

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2190 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

So now I'm lying? That was a quick change of heart

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2191 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:07 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2187, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 2177, Nero Cain wrote:Who is scum if you are town and I'm confirmed town?
I already said at the beginning of the day that it was one of Thor or you and karnos

So its Thor/karnos
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2192 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2190, Nero Cain wrote:So now I'm lying? That was a quick change of heart
Yeah youve been on this site since 09, don't tell me your shot would actually get refunded since others ehp have joined late know that that's not normal. You obviously holsteredn1 and this is a stupid gambit.
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2193 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:17 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

lol nope

I even crumbed on day 1 in case I died

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2194 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:18 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Ebwop
In post 2192, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2190, Nero Cain wrote:So now I'm lying? That was a quick change of heart
Yeah youve been on this site since 09, don't tell me you thought your shot would actually get refunded since others who have joined late know that that's not normal. You obviously holstered n1 and this is a stupid gambit.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2195 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:25 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2193, Nero Cain wrote:lol nope

I even crumbed on day 1 in case I died
Seeing what Maria/transcend did I'm not discounting this at all.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2196 (ISO) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:28 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2189, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:i mean

in Open 649 i was specifically told that if my 1-shot vig shot didn't go through it wouldn't be refunded as per normal guidelines.

i assumed you were asking karnos for some other reason but if it was serious... :/

also shadow no one is ever going to lynch nero... this isn't the kind of guilty you line up the lynches of
Wrt to last part, I have zero faith in any town after 649.
Show

karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2197 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:51 am

Post by karnos »

reading over the last few days now.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2198 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:01 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2065, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: like literally as soon as i saw that post (and thanked karnos for the hammer (sarcastically :roll: :P )) karnos shot down from a nullread into scum territory in my reads.

This was pre flip and you were on the wagon too. If you didn't think maria was scum, why the hell were you voting her?

You knew she was town because you are scum. If you were actually town, you wouldn't be upset about a hammer on your scum read, and if you were actually town, you wouldn't be voting your town read.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2199 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:09 am

Post by karnos »

In post 2065, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: To me, there's something really deceptive about giving a readlist with low-information and not doing it in a Ranger-style or something. When you look at the post in his ISO, it looks like he's providing reasons for his reads, but in reality you get a bunch of nullreads and filler.

The point of low-information readlists is to provide a
what
and create a discussion topic. If you say, show you have a controversial read, you give people the opportunity to press upon the read and ask you about it. That's not at all what I saw from Karnos's readlist. Instead, it tried to look like a high-information readlist and answer both a
what
question and a
how
question, except without actually doing it. I know Karnos isn't a complete newbie and if he were to write a readlist, I would have expect him to not give a bunch of nullreads with nonexistent reasoning EOD1... Again, it looks like fluff to make an ISO look better.
This is scum logic. Attacking my "poor" read list, while other players haven't posted any read lists at all? This is really such BS logic as well, town who don't have 100% solid reads day 1 are attacked. OTOH scum who can safely commit to a few town reads because, DUH, they have perfect knowledge of who is town, are able to post in a way that somehow looks more "town" than the town players because of backwards logic like the above used by giga. Yes, my reads were loaded with "null". Day one, no special knowledge, no secret mason conclave, no innocent villagers, I absolutely won't have any strong reads the vast majority of games. Occasionally there is some crazy slip that makes someone obviously scum, but outside that my reads day one will be pretty flimsy. As well, click my wiki link. Nothings been edited recently. It's a big part of my philosophy that sharing all reads constantly is a net-negative. I play the same way in every game as town. Again you like to use meta when it favors you and ignore it otherwise. I could show you several games where I am reluctant to give detailed reads and I flip as town, and I could also show you a game or two where I gave constant updated reads with details of every player in the game where I flipped as scum. It's vastly easier to make up a solid read list as scum.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”