Newbie 1742 Earth - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by Accountant »

Setting up lynches in advance? The only way you could be confirmed a win from that is if you are scum and know that Scarlet and I are both town. Or if Scarlet is your partner a mislynch on me would give you an excuse not to follow through with that plan in lylo and to lynch another townie for the win.
Or if you're scum and I'm lynching you and your partner. BlackVoid, come vote Huntress. No reason for you not to unless you're protecting your partner ;)
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
BlackVoid
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
BlackVoid
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by BlackVoid »

@Accountant, I'll think on it. As I said earlier, I'm looking at either Scarlet/Penguin or Scarlet/Huntress as the team.

Question for everyone: shouldn't we be mass-claiming at this point? We're a day away from possible lylo. If we do get to lylo, it offers scum a chance to counterclaim the power roles. But claiming now means we have confirmed townies and we can use Process Of Elimination to narrow down our lynch choices. That also should help me get better reads I think.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

No - we don't want the scum killing investigatives and preventing them from bringing their investigations and info to the table the next day. Plus, if we lynch Huntress, it won't be LyLo.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:19 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 227, Accountant wrote:No - we don't want the scum killing investigatives and preventing them from bringing their investigations and info to the table the next day. Plus, if we lynch Huntress, it won't be LyLo.
How do you know we're in a setup with investigatives?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 228, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 227, Accountant wrote:No - we don't want the scum killing investigatives and preventing them from bringing their investigations and info to the table the next day. Plus, if we lynch Huntress, it won't be LyLo.
How do you know we're in a setup with investigatives?
I don't. But let's not take the chance.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:20 am

Post by Accountant »

It's just not optimal to massclaim when we can just lynch huntress and avert lylo in the first place

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 230, Accountant wrote:It's just not optimal to massclaim when we can just lynch huntress and avert lylo in the first place
No. I get that. It's just that now you and Shadow have both commented pretty specifically on our setup. It's off-putting.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:58 am

Post by Accountant »

To be blunt, I don't think the setup is relevant right now.

Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:47 am

Post by Icy »

In post 194, PenguinPower wrote:I suspect everyone, that's why I'm asking questions. Did I strongly suspect he was scum? Well...did I put my vote down?
No you didn't, but you certainly kept the pressure on me. It's plain to see that a day two townee lynch with your vote on them would make for a very unpleasant day three for you.
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:18 am

Post by Icy »

I don't understand exactly what caused Accountant to drop his vote on me, and or why Penguin voted Huntress almost simultaneously.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:26 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 231, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 230, Accountant wrote:It's just not optimal to massclaim when we can just lynch huntress and avert lylo in the first place
No. I get that. It's just that now you and Shadow have both commented pretty specifically on our setup. It's off-putting.
Penguin, my comment about the setup was more along the lines of it being wide open from my standpoint. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is speculating on the setup a bad thing (I'm asking this as a general statement, not for this specific game)?
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:27 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

Accountant, can you answer that question as well, from an IC standpoint?
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:34 am

Post by Icy »

In post 169, Accountant wrote:

BlackVoid
hinanawiscarlet
Icy
Shadowlancerx
Huntress (SE)
PenguinPower (SE)
Accountant (IC)
I know I'm town.

Newbie 1739 just ended, so I want everyone to go look at it. That's a game where Penguin is scum. I don't think he's scum here.

Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.

BlackVoid is probably town. Wouldn't bet my soul on it, but scum BlackVoid could easily have killed Icy.

Icy is pretty obvious newbtown if I take off my tunnel glasses. Scum has no reason to vote me when they could mindlessly sheep onto PP.

scarlet and Huntress are scum by PoE. One is an inactive and the other was trying to kill PP instantly Day 2. The jump from PP to Icy seals the deal.
Kill him instantly is a giant stretch, she placed the first vote on him which he earned. We don't know what she would have done had a quick train formed on him. I only say that because she was quick to move her vote off of me when I was at L-1.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 169, Accountant wrote:Shadowlancer isn't scum. Newbscum doesnt L-1 themselves early on the game.
Unless they have an IC coaching them pre-game not to worry about it.
In post 170, Accountant wrote:This vote confirms PP as town.
I don't get why you're buddying me.
In post 187, Accountant wrote:
In post 186, PenguinPower wrote:I'm getting a really bad feeling that Accountant may be scum leading the town.
TRUST

YOU GOTTA HAVE TRUST

(also, why would I bother switching off Icy if I was scum)
Can't trust an IC who is buddying me. You swapped off Icy because it makes you look more towny.
In post 223, Accountant wrote:Huntress is the only scum I'm 100% absolutely sure of. Vote her or me, pick your side.
In post 224, Accountant wrote:If Huntress flips town, I want everyone to lynch me tomorrow.
I'm actually wanting to do this as the inverse.
In post 232, Accountant wrote:To be blunt, I don't think the setup is relevant right now.
Agreed, but I can't shake the feeling that you and Shadow are scumbuddies. More confident in you.

VOTE: Accountant
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Icy »

I'm really hating all these setups
Icy
Icy
Goon
Icy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:14 am

Post by Icy »

UNVOTE:
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:17 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

UNVOTE:
I feel pretty confident that either Huntress or Accountant are scum. I have had that feeling of being lead in the back of my mind, but I did trust accountant. I still do to an extent, and I think a lynch on either one of them will push us to a pretty close to solved endgame.

Penguin I'm not scum, but I recognize that if he flips scum you won't believe that. However, if he flips scum, I believe town can still win, even without me.

If he flips town, then it's huntress and we go from there.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:06 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 235, Shadowlancerx wrote:
Penguin, my comment about the setup was more along the lines of it being wide open from my standpoint. Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but is speculating on the setup a bad thing (I'm asking this as a general statement, not for this specific game)?
Not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't help us and it might lead to PRs slipping or scum getting a better idea who to target.

At least, y'know, wait until you have information about the setup before speccing on it.

Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 242, Accountant wrote:
In post 235, Shadowlancerx wrote:
Not necessarily a bad thing, but it doesn't help us and it might lead to PRs slipping or scum getting a better idea who to target.

At least, y'know, wait until you have information about the setup before speccing on it.
Gotcha, okay I won't speculate further.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:09 am

Post by Accountant »

Unless they have an IC coaching them pre-game not to worry about it.
I might coach 'em not to panic if they were at L-1, but it doesn't make sense for me to coach Shadow to vote himself to L-1. I'm not that insane.
I don't get why you're buddying me.
I'm not buddying you though. I just like that you voted Huntress. You should keep voting Huntress.
Can't trust an IC who is buddying me. You swapped off Icy because it makes you look more towny.
Nah mate. I coulda pretended to blindtunnel Icy for free and nobody would have found me suspicious for it. Heck, you would've equated it to my behavior against vytis in the mini we played together, where I was town. The extra towncred isn't worth giving up the free mislynch for scum Accountant.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:14 am

Post by Accountant »

I'm okay with this. Let me outline the rules of the Accountant Game.

The Accountant Game

TWO PLAYERS ENTER

ONE PLAYER LEAVE

IT'S TIME TO RUMBLE

Rules:

- You can only vote either
Accountant
or
Huntress
today. Anyone who doesn't vote one of these two options is either scum or a big weenie nya nya!
- Hint: you should vote
Huntress
- If you do end up voting
Accountant
, you
must
lynch
Huntress
after
Accountant
flips town. Everyone in this game has to look me in the metaphorical eyes and promise me this.
Huntress
cannot be town together with
Accountant
, because if that was the case mafia would sheep
Accountant
and then mislynch me the next day after
Huntress
flips town.
- No voters are a big weenie nya nya as well! If you're town, you shouldn't be afraid to stand firm and declare your side!

hinanawiscarlet
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
hinanawiscarlet
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:21 am

Post by hinanawiscarlet »

In post 241, Shadowlancerx wrote:UNVOTE:
I feel pretty confident that either Huntress or Accountant are scum. I have had that feeling of being lead in the back of my mind, but I did trust accountant. I still do to an extent, and I think a lynch on either one of them will push us to a pretty close to solved endgame.

Penguin I'm not scum, but I recognize that if he flips scum you won't believe that. However, if he flips scum, I believe town can still win, even without me.

Can you explain to me why you trust Accountant?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:28 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 245, Accountant wrote:
I'm okay with this. Let me outline the rules of the Accountant Game.

The Accountant Game

TWO PLAYERS ENTER

ONE PLAYER LEAVE

IT'S TIME TO RUMBLE

Rules:

- You can only vote either
Accountant
or
Huntress
today. Anyone who doesn't vote one of these two options is either scum or a big weenie nya nya!
- Hint: you should vote
Huntress
- If you do end up voting
Accountant
, you
must
lynch
Huntress
after
Accountant
flips town. Everyone in this game has to look me in the metaphorical eyes and promise me this.
Huntress
cannot be town together with
Accountant
, because if that was the case mafia would sheep
Accountant
and then mislynch me the next day after
Huntress
flips town.
- No voters are a big weenie nya nya as well! If you're town, you shouldn't be afraid to stand firm and declare your side!
UNVOTE:
STOP TEARING MY MIND APART!!!!

I like the game. Want to hear more from Huntress.
Shadowlancerx
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Shadowlancerx
Townie
Townie

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Shadowlancerx »

In post 246, hinanawiscarlet wrote:
In post 241, Shadowlancerx wrote:UNVOTE:

Can you explain to me why you trust Accountant?
With all that's happened I feel a little foolish, but basically he recognized me for the newb town I am early game, after I made a fool of myself. From there, his posts followed logic, made sense to me. I thought (and still hope) that he acted that way as a true town, and that if he was that dead on about me, that his reads would be more likely to be accurate elsewhere. For good or for ill, I've taken his lead thus far, and if that gets me killed as his false partner, then I've learned more from this game.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Huntress »

In post 218, BlackVoid wrote:@Huntress, are you arguing that Accountant and Scarlet are partnered? Who are your other scumreads?
No, although that is a possibility. I think the likeliest partner for Accountant at the moment is you but I don't have an individual scum read on you.

Other reads: Still unsure about Icy but I don't think he is partner to Accountant due to the fact that Accountant didn't unvote when Icy was at L-1, which was a bit risky with a player missing. Possible scum team in BlackVoid and Icy if Accountant isn't scum. Penguin, Shadow and Scarlet look like town although the latter two have been playing the newbie card a bit which makes me wary of them.

Town

Penguin
Scarlet
Shadow
BlackVoid
Icy
Accountant

Scum

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”