schismatized
Goon
schismatized
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:29 am

Post by schismatized »

unvote

what just happened? people need to start providing reasons for posts stat.
Schismatized: JDODGE R RETARD
jdodge1019: UR POSSIBLY RITE
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:11 pm

Post by Toaster Strudel »

I was going to post this earlier today, but I held off, as I was curious to see how this Sikario wagon was going to play out.

So, Sikario is a selective flaker. In my experience (your experience may vary) I have noticed that flakers are very often scum caught early. They sign up for a game of fooling everybody for months, and they get caught in the first week. Disgusted or disappointed with their own performance, they flake. Or they half-play, or sorta give up, that kind of unsportsman-like behavior. So my guess is that if Sikario has stuck to this game, it's probably because he's enjoying it more than the other games, i.e., he's not prematurely caught scum.

So I am starting out with this premise in my mind, which is nothing more than some experienced-based psychological insight, and my first hunch is that Skikario is more likely town than scum at this point.

This is where Peer's reaction becomes interesting to me. It's interesting because, as others such as Yosarian have pointed out, Peers is "more worried about how his vote makes him look" than looking for scum. I would go as far as to say that Peer's is setting himself up to look good because he knows Sikario is a mislynch.

Vote stays.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:16 pm

Post by Peers »

Yosarian2 wrote:
Peers wrote: Interestingly enough, several of the people who are voting for me are defending Sikario. Your argument puts me in a position where, to appear less scummy to you, I must appear more scummy to them.
I hate that sentance there. Sounds like you're more worried about how your vote makes you look, instead of how you can use your vote to find scum.
I have seven votes on me and nobody has yet to give a reason why they're there. Of course I'm worried about how my vote makes me look. If I get this many votes for no reason, I'll be lynched if I do anything that could be taken the wrong way. I'd love to find scum, believe me, it would get the pressure off me (Or at the very least, force people to give a goddamn reason...)
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:38 pm

Peers - who are your top three candidates for today's lynch. Please give details.
[i][url=http://chantalpare.ca]Squeezable icing, flaky pastry crust and sweet, gooey fillings are irresistible.[/url][/i]
[url=http://www.lawrencejoseph.org/1indexh2.html]The Harpits Greatest Pits - Free MP3's[/url]
Erg0
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Erg0
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:44 pm

Post by Erg0 »

Peers wrote:
Yosarian2 wrote:
Peers wrote: Interestingly enough, several of the people who are voting for me are defending Sikario. Your argument puts me in a position where, to appear less scummy to you, I must appear more scummy to them.
I hate that sentance there. Sounds like you're more worried about how your vote makes you look, instead of how you can use your vote to find scum.
I have seven votes on me and nobody has yet to give a reason why they're there. Of course I'm worried about how my vote makes me look. If I get this many votes for no reason, I'll be lynched if I do anything that could be taken the wrong way. I'd love to find scum, believe me, it would get the pressure off me (Or at the very least, force people to give a goddamn reason...)
You only had six votes on you when you said that. I can't speak for others, but I certainly gave a reason for my vote.

You may well be right in being worried, but voicing it in the thread just makes you look like you're making excuses for not voting, especially with the irrelevant comment about deadlines.
"You were doing well until everyone died."
V/LA most weekends.
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 12:55 pm

Post by Peers »

Vote: JordanA24

Reason: He's had four posts so far, two of them were votes with no other content. He has not explained his reasons for his current vote, which started a bandwagon on that player, and has tried to spin an apology the person he voted for made as 'backtracking', which feels like trying to retroactively justify his vote.

My other two of the 'requested list'...

Panzerjager, for the following, which feels like he's bandwagoning for the sake of bandwagoning, or trying to convince those who're voting otherwise to pick one of us:
Panzerjager wrote:So, are we lynching hasd or peers?
And #2, Sikario, which is more due to all the arguing about him than anything else giving much more to think about. I've seen plenty of town mislynches, especially day one, and they all seem to follow the same patterns as today, but I haven't played with a lot of this game before -- they could work differently as a town and be seeing something I don't.
Quagmire
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Quagmire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by Quagmire »

Toaster Strudel wrote:I was going to post this earlier today, but I held off, as I was curious to see how this Sikario wagon was going to play out.

So, Sikario is a selective flaker. In my experience (your experience may vary) I have noticed that flakers are very often scum caught early. They sign up for a game of fooling everybody for months, and they get caught in the first week. Disgusted or disappointed with their own performance, they flake. Or they half-play, or sorta give up, that kind of unsportsman-like behavior. So my guess is that if Sikario has stuck to this game, it's probably because he's enjoying it more than the other games, i.e., he's not prematurely caught scum.
What are you talking about?
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:22 pm

@Quagmire - not sure if you don't understand what I'm saying, or whether you are disagreeing.
Peers wrote:
Vote: JordanA24

Reason: He's had four posts so far, two of them were votes with no other content. He has not explained his reasons for his current vote, which started a bandwagon on that player, and has tried to spin an apology the person he voted for made as 'backtracking', which feels like trying to retroactively justify his vote.

My other two of the 'requested list'...

Panzerjager, for the following, which feels like he's bandwagoning for the sake of bandwagoning, or trying to convince those who're voting otherwise to pick one of us:
Panzerjager wrote:So, are we lynching hasd or peers?
And #2, Sikario, which is more due to all the arguing about him than anything else giving much more to think about. I've seen plenty of town mislynches, especially day one, and they all seem to follow the same patterns as today, but I haven't played with a lot of this game before -- they could work differently as a town and be seeing something I don't.
Pretty weak reasoning, but hey, it's Day 1. Nonetheless.

Peers' top 3 suspects:
Jordan, Panzer, and Sikario

Interesting choices. I'll begin with Sikario, because your posts suggest that you are predicting a mislyinch of Sikario. Examples: "I'd have to vote for Sikario8 out of self-defense, and that's a horrible reason to vote for someone" and "There's nothing on that BW to make me think he's scum; unless someone comes up with something, the only reason I'd vote for him is to save my own skin." and "I continue to believe that Sikario is town, and will continue to believe so..." and now, he's on your top 3 suspect list, after I pointed out that you look like you are setting youself up to look good in what you appear to know might be a mislynch.

Because your reasoning was so weak re: Jordan and Panzer, I am going to guess that you had unusual reasons for picking these two. Like throwing us off if you turn up scum; I bet one is scum, and one is town. Scum wouldn't distance from two buddies at once, that's a little too much, but one is just right.

It boils down to this, since your top 3 suspect are not supported by credible insight or analysis. (1) Sikario you picked because maybe I hit the nail on the head when I said you were setting yourself up to look good after a mislynch. (2) You picked Jordan and Panzer to spread your suspicion between a townie and a scumbuddy.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:23 pm

Post by Albert B. Rampage »

Peers wrote:I have seven votes on me and nobody has yet to give a reason why they're there.
It doesn't matter what the initial reasons were. The essence of day one is to create something out of nothing. Its your reaction-seeking behavior that sends red flags on everyone's radar. Why are you so oriented towards what other people will think of you ?

Take a look at the beginning of post 168:
Peers wrote:
I could care less what your opinion of me is, honestly.
There's nothing on that BW to make me think he's scum; unless someone comes up with something, the only reason I'd vote for him is to save my own skin.

Besides, if I -did- vote for him right away, you'd just use that as proof that I was voting specificly to appear not-scummy to you, and claim that it must mean I'm scum. I'm on to how you work, man. You don't hunt scum, you just make people look like scum.
In the first line you are claiming to maintain an nonreactive stance towards my opinion. Then in the second paragraph you validate yourself to me, claiming that by 'not buying into my frame' you are going to appear townish to me.

O.K. that's a bit weird, but then you contrast the weight of my opinion against those of different people:
Peers wrote:Interestingly enough, several of the people who are voting for me are defending Sikario. Your argument puts me in a position where, to appear less scummy to you, I must appear more scummy to them.
This suggests to me that its not my opinion that is invalid to you. You are simply trying to
survive this game by doing what you think people want you to do
. You thought I wanted you to hold your vote off Sikario, so held it off you did. You think that not voting for Sikario will assuage the suspicions of your voters, and so you did. This is not good town play.

But whatever, I could be wrong.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
KaleiÐoscøpe
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
KaleiÐoscøpe
=====[]
=====[]

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:59 pm

Post by KaleiÐoscøpe »

[quote="Quagmire"][quote="KaleiÐoscøpe"]
Unvote Vote: Sikario8
[/quote]

I will not stand for this.

Vote Kaleidoscope

FOS ABR
[/quote]Then sit.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:31 pm

Post by Battle Mage »

Sikario8 wrote:@BM - I admire the way you, and players like you, look at the broader spectrum, i.e., checking other games in which I've participated; however, you failed to see why I replaced out of those games (as you stated).

I replaced out of some games because I didn't like the players or I figured some of their logic to be too hard to comprehend. Some of them I replaced out of purely because I was playing another game already and the latter game consisted of too lengthy posts. The reason I'm staying in this game is because I can understand some of you, such as hasd, and I feel I can make an earnest attempt at keeping up.

I also like your "I Don't Need An Avatar To Be Famous" playing style, so, yeah, it's all about living and learning and I'm trying to do both.

I did answer your question...right...?
ok i guess. I can sort of see where you are coming from. You are obviously paying good attention to me at least - i made that avatar comment in Newbie 484. :lol:
I would still appreciate a list of all games you are playing in now, and all games you replaced out of within the last week. Just for my notes.

oh and
Unvote, Vote: ABR

Bandwagonning and setting up future-lynches?

DIE SCUM DIE.
Show
2020 Stats - 31 completed games:

Survived to the end and won - 11
Nightkilled - 10
Survived to the end and lost - 6
Day-elimmed by majority - 4

winrate as scum: 78%
winrate as town: 55%
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:56 am

Battle Mage wrote:oh and
Unvote, Vote: ABR

Bandwagonning and setting up future-lynches?
It's Day 1. If he didn't do that, would you brand him a lurker?

ABR has given properly thought out reasons to vote for Peers, as have others. BM, please explain while you think the Peers wagon should be derailed, and an ABR wagon started.
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:18 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Don't be a retard TS.
Look at this post:
Albert B. Rampage wrote:If you don't vote him and he turns out scum, I will be looking at you Peers. My opinion of you is subject to change if you vote him right now.
ABR doesnt even find Peers scummy at this point-except by association to Sikario. Plus this is all based upon the worst logic ever-in an elaborate attempt to bully someone into a vote. Someone is only a lurker if they dont give their opinions or post atall. ABR's posting and giving opinions is fine, but there is no need to be so reckless and illogical. I'd have thought ABR would have learnt about looking blatantly scummy (although admittedly, i'm a fine one to talk here). lol

I'm not starting an anti-Peers wagon, nor have i even said that he doesnt deserve a BW. But what i am saying is, ABR's reasons for voting Peers were shite, and he looks incredibly scummy atm.

BM
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:56 am

I find him scummy for not voting Peers because he is afraid of that being seen as OMGUS, and playing to survive, which will be interpreted as scummy, etc. etc.

However a town wouldn't care about what he's being seen as as long as his vote is in the right place.

I can point to games where I've bullied players in a similar fashion as town if you really want.
Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the bastards.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:02 am

The reason I posted that was also to reaffirm Peer's position:
Peers wrote:I'm glad we don't have a deadline right now. I'd have to vote for Sikario8 out of self-defense, and that's a horrible reason to vote for someone (well, not -horrible-, but there's better).
Look at this piece of evidence. Does this look pro-town to anyone ???
Peers
Peers
Goon
Peers
Goon
Goon

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:14 am

Post by Peers »

Does it look anti-town to anyone? Other than ABR, I mean? Is it anti-town to vote for someone who -might- be scum in order to protect someone you know is -100%- town?
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:32 am

Its anti-town to try and set up a future excuse for saving your skin...
Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:45 am

Peers wrote:[...]in order to protect someone you know is -100%- town?
Oh good grief. Doesn't anybody know how to play this game anymore?

unvote
Sikario8
Sikario8
Goon
Sikario8
Goon
Goon

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:56 am

Post by Sikario8 »

:D Happy holidays, everyone.
A WEEK OUT OF SCHOOL!
:D
'Sikario not having "Townsperson" disturbs me. Please rectify this thok.' --Oman
:roll:
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:20 am

Post by PJ. »

Unvote, Vote:Peers
I want to lynch Sikario based on him admiring BM. That alone is reason to lynch someone.
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:31 am

Post by PJ. »

Wow, Peers is ridiculously scum. How by the way, Peers, learn to read. Hasd has a post where he plagiarizes everyone elses reasons for voting you up to that point. Read it, understand it, and stop asking for reasons. I am definently with Ergo and Yos on this, Peers is much more interesting in people's perceptions then scum catching.

On the theory of him distancing with his list, I'm going to nip it in the bud immediately. If he is scum, and really did distance from his buddy, it's jordan. For one, a vote is more distance then saying your scum with an almost non-reason. Secondly, "I know I'm clean."

Toaster what was that comment based on?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:38 am

Toaster Strudel wrote:

unvote
Peers was referring to himself. Why did you unvote him ?
Battle Mage
Battle Mage
Jester
Battle Mage
Jester
Jester

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:39 am

Post by Battle Mage »

Albert B. Rampage wrote:
Toaster Strudel wrote:

unvote
Peers was referring to himself. Why did you unvote him ?
lol good spot.
FoS: TS
Show

Nightkilled - 10

Toaster Strudel
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Toaster Strudel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:41 am

Albert B. Rampage wrote:Peers was referring to himself. Why did you unvote him ?
Awwwww... I thought he was referring to Sikario... so I thought he was breadcrumbing cop.

Guess not!

vote: Peers
Albert B. Rampage
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Albert B. Rampage
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:43 am

Nightless Day 1, nuff said ;)

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”