he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 949, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 926, Something_Smart wrote:
In post 904, Gamma Emerald wrote:These are my reads. They are not strictly ordered by strength, but by order ISOed in each grouping
Spoiler: Reads
Town:
Aubrey
: He has been doing very good at scumhunting, although he’s been mostly focused on me and BTD6, so that’s something to consider.
Hi Im Yakko
: He’s been very blunt and I feel like he’s town for that. However, voting for someone before you are completely caught up is dumb.
Mimikyu
: Has been doing some
very
intense scumhunting, I feel.
BlackStar
: He’s been very confrontational, to the extent that he seems very towny.
SS
: Other than the failed attempt at pressure, I think his posts are pretty good. Has been asking some very good questions.
Null:
BTD6_maker
: I get a whole lot of blah from his posts. Want to see more.
Zach
: I’ve seen towny and scummy posts from this one.
Scum:
MeowMix/Vaxkiller
:VaxKiller hasn’t really done anything alignment indicative, so I have to go by MeowMix, and
holy crap his ISO is bad
. Asking to be best friends with Umlaut is very scummy to me. I also don’t like how he kept focusing on me and BTD6.
TheJester
: Has he had
no
scumreads other than Skold’s slot? Also, catch-up posts don’t really feel fresh, and that has been a sign of scum trying to avoid confrontation before, so there’s that.
Aristophanes
: Seems very passive and neutral. Do not like.
Umlaut
: Many of his posts feel like he is trying to keep the town quiet.
Dunnstral
: As I’ve said before, his early posting was very erratic, and he’s been very opportunistic in his later posts.

After my searching, I feel Umlaut is my strongest scumread,
VOTE: Umlaut
BTW, this was written last night, so it does not include observations from today.
These reads are actually really good. However @Gamma why would you try to start a deadline wagon on Umlaut rather than staying on the already established Dunn wagon?
Really? Because he's factually and objectively wrong:

Aubrey:
1.Aubrey hasn't been "very focused on gamma and BTD6" in fact he barely even talks about BTD6, and has been on me for most of the game (hint: never made a giant wall of text for gamma)
2. "Very good at scumhunting" When you say they were on yourself and the lurker all game? And nobodies flipped?

Hi Im Yakko:
3. OK, I've been very blunt too. Why has this ignored for me, but is a reason to townread Hi Im Yakko?

Mimikyu:
4. I wouldn't say he's been doing "
Very
intense scumhunting" (because he wasn't

BlackStar:
5. See #3. OK, I've been very Confrontational too. Why has this ignored for me, but is a reason to townread BlackStar?

SS:
6. Please point out these very good questions.

BTD6_maker:
7. Note that this guy spent around an hour on this reads list to write "I get a whole lot of blah from his posts. Want to see more."

Zach:
8. Note that this guy spent around an hour on this reads list to write "I’ve seen towny and scummy posts from this one." like what

Meowmix/Vaxkiller:
9. "Asking to be best friends with Umlaut is very scummy to me" And why is that...? How does that add up?
10. "I also don’t like how he kept focusing on me and BTD6." LOL, but you JUST townread Aubrey for "doing a very good job at scumhunting" when in your OWN words you said he focused on you and BTD6 (even though untrue.) So, wow

TheJester:
11. "Catch-up posts feel fresh" Don't expect you to even know what that means, let alone explain it

Aristophanes:
12. Hypocrite

Umlaut:
13. "Many of his posts feel like he is trying to keep the town quiet." Please point out these many posts and what this means

Dunnstral
14: Cognitive Dissonance/You have no reason to switch your votee off me from your story thus far/See #3 and #5

But please, tell me why you thought the reads list was good.
In post 951, Something_Smart wrote:What?

I never said I agreed with his reasons, if that's what you're referring to.
In post 952, Dunnstral wrote:But you said his reads list was good. Note that most of that can be read as a reply to him, so when I say "you" in there I'm referring to Gamma

Still, you did say his reads list was good. I pointed out why every single read of his was most certainly not good, so it's interesting that you'd disagree
In post 954, Aristophanes wrote:I can see nobody is going to vote off of this Gamma wagon, so I don't think I have a choice but to L-1 you with less than a day left.

Claim?
In post 955, Aristophanes wrote:Whoops

VOTE: Gemerald
I list off a bunch of reasons why ss is using cognitive dissonance to be agreeing with gamma (I was voting gamma himself for that same list)

Aristo ignores everything and jumps on gamma
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1375, Dunnstral wrote:I list off a bunch of reasons why ss is using cognitive dissonance to be agreeing with gamma (I was voting gamma himself for that same list)

What would you rather I do there?

Vote Smart? I don't believe there was a chance that lynch would go through eve if I did like it.
Keep my vote on you? Not the timeline of events. We were close to the end of the day. We had to consolidate.
Vote Gamma? While it may not have been optimal in hindsight, it was the best move at the time. So I did it.

So what is the point of this?
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:57 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In post 1374, Aubrey wrote:After all this back and forth between us, I feel like we need to go to a bar and get a drink.

Sadly your not around to go get a drink, and I'm getting rather tired.

hmmm. I'll need to go back and take a closer look at that and re-evaluate my town lean for him then. Not that big a fan of Vax's defenses. I feel like I defended him more than he defended himself. He feels as if he has validated himself, but i'm not exactly seeing it. Seems like he was attempting to make you as scummy as possible as a defense.
Would totally be down for that drink if it were, ya know, possible.

I agree with your points re:Vax here.
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:58 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

In 1376 "not the timeline of events" should read "note the timeline of events."
- Jingle
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:42 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Aubrey is correct that Dunnstral being voted close to lynch by both scum makes it less likely he is scum
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:48 am

Post by Aristophanes »

I disagree, but I respect your view here.
- Jingle
Mimikyu
Mimikyu
Goon
Mimikyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:11 am

Post by Mimikyu »

In post 1332, Aubrey wrote:Who has Yakko in a TR? Other than Mimiyku due to reasons that I find silly. "Cause scum have never brought up poor reasons to try and start a bandwagon against someone"
I wouldn't say I have Yakko as a TR. Null at best.

I want to add that I agree with Ari on parts of Vax's ISO feeling disingenuous.
mimikyu..
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:17 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

In post 1343, Aristophanes wrote:I also dislike his framing of Jester as a narrator. It's an easy thing to push and isn't really scummy, but can easily be made to seem like it is. Setting up a future scumread/lynch early on.
You like to use words that have negative scum connotations - "framing of Jester"

Yes I wanted a jester lynch, his posts at that point were basically narrations of the game with little insight. He is still lurking BTW, if you are looking for an in depth analysis of my current thoughts on Jester I will need to re-read his iso's.
In post 1343, Aristophanes wrote:Pushes a Jester/Dunn lynch order, with Gamma as hard town, but keeps his options open to joining the Gamma push by throwing bits of shade his way. He then drops Jester and has Gamma as a top lynch option once it becomes more viable.
The "shade" you speak of was gamma making a reads list when he wasn't even at L1. He was acting as if he was already sentenced to death and had gave up. Are you arguing this is not the case? Are you arguing that gammas reactions seemed town to you? Again you are using more negative scum connotation (shade) to push your agenda.
In post 1343, Aristophanes wrote:His first post of D2 is damning all in itself. He first retroactively explains his scumread on Gamma, who is flipped town, as if he's nervous about it, and says he "has no idea what happened D1" despite being there, being caught up, and commenting lightly on things that were happening. He then comments on the night phase results, which I don't consider a scumtell itself, but the way he mentions it is off. The slow clap especially. As a third point, his BTD case looked pre-prepped. It would have been impossible to do so though unless he knew Umlaut was going to die overnight.
In post 1047, Vaxkiller wrote:I have alot more time at the moment so I plan on being more involved int his game, besides, I have no idea about the craziness that went on day one.
I replaced in, reading through EVERYTHING was daunting, there was a ton of shit and quote walls to sift through, and ultimately I got bogged down by trying to read and re-read it. I still don't know what happened day 1. Day 2 however felt like a reboot, 2 dead scum, and we looked to be on track for a town win and I felt more confident about my thoughts.

Mind telling me what exactly looks pre-prepped about my post?
In post 1343, Aristophanes wrote:which I don't consider a scumtell itself, but the way he mentions it is off.
Something about this sentence rubs me the wrong way. The first part almost apologizes for the last part, but maybe its just the way im reading it my head.
In post 1343, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1115, Vaxkiller wrote:@blackstar, who do you think is scummiest today so far?
Subtle wordings like this also can mean a lot. He isn't asking Blackstar who he thinks is scum, he's asking who looks scummy. Town are looking for the former, scum for the latter so they have an easy lynch target. And the "So far" tells me he doesn't care about the motivations behind the posts, just their surface read. Otherwise he'd want solid scumreads based on motivations, not current trends.
In post 1220, Vaxkiller wrote: I'm not sure if anyone else noticed, but I was debating on weather to call out Black star on his day 2 play, because it was VERY SIGNIFICANT change from day 1. He pretty much stopped posting and seemed to just agree with people and not do too much.
This describes exactly what I was doing. I was trying to get more information from blackstar to see why the change occured.
In post 1343, Aristophanes wrote:He asked a lot of questions D2, which is nice. But they don't advance anything and they aren't really scumhunting. Like, his "why did you ask for a VC here?" at me for example. He used it to throw shade using a made up internal narrative I never had. He didn't advance the game. He didn't care where my head was at or acknowledge my answer. He just went with what he wanted to say. Like he has an agenda of sorts...
There is that shade word again. What you call shade I call scum hunting. Maybe its all shade to you because you are scum? Is it getting dark in here?
You may or may not have had that internal narrative, but I had a thought and I wanted to share it. Should I not share my thoughts? If I didn't post anything in response you would have asked why I asked.

Since you think its a big deal. Can you explain where your head was? Also /acknowledged.

In post 1202, Vaxkiller wrote:
In post 1201, Aristophanes wrote:BTD, can you please get your ass in here and scumhunt!

Please?
I read this as:

BTD, I want to add something to the conversation that will make everyone think I'm helping, even tho I have no reasons to be voting for you of my own.

Since you brought it back up. Why did you post this? Since I got your motivation wrong, waht WAS your motivation? I get what it "literally" says (BTD get in here and look for scum). Basically asking BTD to come play the game. This is why it comes off so weird, so I'm trying to think of reasons why you would say that and posted my thoughts. What are your thoughts on why you posted this?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 7:24 am

Post by Vaxkiller »

I didn't mean to be flippant or dismissive by not responding to certain points earlier, I just thought the posts stood for themselves. I had an incident in a a game past where something happened due to my aggressive play-style and I do not wish for it to happen again. If anyone is offended personally by my play-style just give me a heads up and I will try to change my interactions.

In response to the incident it was suggested to me that I explain my thoughts better so I hope the above accomplished that.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Dunnstral
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 8:30 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 1376, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1375, Dunnstral wrote:I list off a bunch of reasons why ss is using cognitive dissonance to be agreeing with gamma (I was voting gamma himself for that same list)

What would you rather I do there?

Vote Smart? I don't believe there was a chance that lynch would go through eve if I did like it.
Keep my vote on you? Not the timeline of events. We were close to the end of the day. We had to consolidate.
Vote Gamma? While it may not have been optimal in hindsight, it was the best move at the time. So I did it.

So what is the point of this?
Or you know, acknowledge the rather large post calling out s_s in some way
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:10 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

Right now I am considering whether to vote Aristophanes. It may be necessary but again there is the dichotomy in terms of different forms of scumminess.

Also, just to let everyone know, Thursdays are generally busy for me. Other days are usually fine.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:42 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

I really do think zach is evil tho.

I'd be open to a jester lynch.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
Mimikyu
Mimikyu
Goon
Mimikyu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:09 am

Post by Mimikyu »

@Mod: V/LA until Monday morning CST.
mimikyu..
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:51 am

Post by hi im Yakko »

that's stupid of me. nvm.
When the opposition are here you tell them nothing except where the toilets are, but you lie about that right. Fuckity bye
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 52, Aubrey wrote:VOTE: Javajoe24
hmmmmmmmm. unsure how to interpret this.

What was your mindset with voting java aka SS here?
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Dude, that was page 3, RVS was going on...
Vaxkiller
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Vaxkiller
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Vaxkiller »

Waht did you think was going on?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

i think that aubrey jumped into the game without rvsing. so why would she page 3?
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:22 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1389, hi im Yakko wrote:

To get their ass in the game. A pressure vote if you will. You really are digging deep to find anything to scum read me aren't you.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by Aubrey »

She?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

In post 1393, Aubrey wrote:

To get their ass in the game. A pressure vote if you will. You really are digging deep to find anything to scum read me aren't you.
What??? This happened yesterday :>

How is it a pressure vote to get someone in the game if they aren't there to see it?
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

as far as vax vs aristo goes I'm gonna go with gut reaction and vote aristo

@mod vc pls
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Aubrey »

In post 1395, hi im Yakko wrote:
In post 1393, Aubrey wrote:

What??? This happened yesterday :>

How is it a pressure vote to get someone in the game if they aren't there to see it?
:roll:

Yesterday as in 3 weeks ago, in which the game was only in the first or second true day of its startup probably?

It's basically RVS. Furthermore how is one suppose to magically know if they are not there, or choosing not to really say anything within that short amount of time of the games startup?

If you are going to try and tie me to them, actually use interactions between me and SS.
hi im Yakko
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
hi im Yakko
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by hi im Yakko »

so is it rvs or a pressure vote? your words not mine.
Aubrey
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Aubrey
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Aubrey »

Both.

Return to “Completed Open Games”