Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #425 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:36 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 407, Charloux wrote:I tried to bring conversation, it backfired on me now i'm dead most likely.
The one who can manipulate the masses best will be the winner here.
I don't even know what i should be defending against :lol:
In post 409, Charloux wrote:What ever i say from now on will be warped to fit me in the role of scum, i have lost.
I'm buying this for now. Charloux, you have been given a second chance.

Io is really null. This is different to what I remember where I could townread her easily, so she might be scum.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #426 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Expedience »

I'm weakly townreading Firebringer (started liking him more when he tried to sort MariaR (null read)) and Drone, everyone else is null (there are at least 2 really unmemorable people)
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #427 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:50 am

Post by Expedience »

In post 378, Charloux wrote:UNVOTE: Tenshii
Nothing to add.
In post 416, Firebringer wrote:I have nothing to really say about this game right now:
UNVOTE:
In post 421, MariaR wrote:Nothing much has really changed blix seems like a fine lynch on a quick re read we still got time though.
This is how games become stagnant
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:21 am

Post by malpascp »

In post 130, Harkonnen97 wrote:
In post 129, Charloux wrote:
In post 126, Harkonnen97 wrote:why are u townreading me
Something like null-scum right now. Regardless of your alignment the thing we should have in common is scum hunting, but your future contribution is looking pitiful if this is the way you continue to play. Don't feel bad though, i suck too! Just give it your all!
if u arent townreading me, then why are u speaking to me with a tone that implies u think im newbtown?
In post 125, Charloux wrote:And i even went to the trouble to use Bold and italic tags so it wouldn't be misunderstood. Just wow... Guess i can write you off as being helpful later on.
Guess i can write you off as being helpful later on.
Unless you find a flaw on Hark's reasoning, it seems to me like Char was just faking his scumreads, which is a pretty obvious tell.

Everyone's thoughts on this? Don't let this game die ffs
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #429 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Creature »

I'm happy with VOTE: Charloux
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #430 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Creature »

L-2 btw

Still recommend you count the votes.
Sigh
Io
Io
Mafia Scum
Io
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #431 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:46 am

Post by Io »

In post 428, malpascp wrote:
Something like null-scum right now. Regardless of your alignment the thing we should have in common is scum hunting, but your future contribution is looking pitiful if this is the way you continue to play. Don't feel bad though, i suck too! Just give it your all!
if u arent townreading me, then why are u speaking to me with a tone that implies u think im newbtown?
In post 125, Charloux wrote:And i even went to the trouble to use Bold and italic tags so it wouldn't be misunderstood. Just wow... Guess i can write you off as being helpful later on.
Unless you find a flaw on Hark's reasoning, it seems to me like Char was just faking his scumreads, which is a pretty obvious tell.

I got that as Char was saying yeah Hark's scum, but he would be useful to keep around and use him to hunt the opposing scum team.
Morituri te salutant. Et semper mortem memini.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #432 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:22 am

Post by Charloux »

I clearly stated [b"]regardless of your alignment"[/b], so why are you all saying i treated Hark as scum. Doesn't null-scum mean it's not yet scum? Heck everybody on my wagon is a ghost right now (minus Creature), so why isn't anybody even questioning their reasoning?
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #433 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:16 am

Post by malpascp »

Everyone in this game is scumhunting, which makes your statement pointless. You read him as null-scum (for whatever reason, it was early game), then "incited" him to scumhunt more?
Also the "later on" part just makes it seem like that's where you're focusing, and that Hark's alignment doesn't really weigh on you wanting him lynched or not.
Also I ain't no ghost
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #434 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Creature »

4 more hours until another prod.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #435 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:37 am

Post by Creature »

I'd like to L-1 Charloux.
Sigh
malpascp
malpascp
Mafia Scum
malpascp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #436 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:56 am

Post by malpascp »

I'd do it if i could
Town/11-10
Mafia/8-0
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #437 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Transcend »

Drone has been prodded.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #438 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 424, Expedience wrote:For the record, Dunnstral's post felt like scum to me too. It's so weak.
How is it weak?

It's really not
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #439 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:08 am

Post by Kop »

In post 424, Expedience wrote:
In post 420, Kop wrote:
In post 418, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 146, Kop wrote:
In post 131, Harkonnen97 wrote:charloux thinks im a town VI, yet at the same time he nullscumreads me.

vote charloux dogs.
Whilst scum sometimes use VI as scapegoats, I don't think it's the case here.
In post 390, Kop wrote:VOTE: Io

Wall posts ahhhh, scum tend to use wall posts a lot more to gain from the game, to try make out they are town.
In post 406, Kop wrote:UNVOTE: Io

I do agree that his (Charloux) ISO, doesn't really look appealing.
I don't really understand his train of thought here, he starts off implying that charloux is scummy, but then votes Io right after someone else votes charloux

He then unvotes Io saying Charloux's iso doesn't look appealing (Which shouldn't be related to his unvote)

Also his reasoning for voting Io was that scum tend to use wall posts more. I don't think this is even true but if anyone wants to back that up that would be nice
Though even if you say "scum use wall posts more" you're not taking into account the individual player. Maybe they wall post every game.
I'm not taking individuality into any account of the scum use wall posts more argument. All I'm saying is, scum can often use wall posts to try make out there town, because town tend to think scum wouldn't go to long lengths to try make out there actually doing something. I've used wall posts before trying to pick apart arguments to make out that I'm town trying to work out the game. It's all down to appeal more than anything.
This is circular and semantic backtracking, obviously it's a reason why you are saying Io could be scum because you vote her in that post. Not "oh sometimes scum wallpost", you pretty much said "wallposting is a scumtell"

For the record, Dunnstral's post felt like scum to me too. It's so weak.

Wow why do I only feel like the posting flows properly at 1:30am
Whilst Charloux ISO isn't very appealing, I didn't really think about contributing to the wagon, because it seemed there was lack of resistance to it, and it seemed easy. It would have been easy to jump on the bandwagon, but I'd rather jump on it for my own reasons, and not what everybody else is force feeding me.
So you didn't want to look like you were """"sheeping"""" k got it
It would be far easier to jump on the bandwagon and not have much attention, as opposed to sheeping for my own reasons and get more attention doing so.

As for the wall post against Io, I don't use it as concrete your scum tell, but it could/can be a tactic that scum would use. For many a reasons, look town doing something, to intimidate players.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #440 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Drone »

Going to catch up and post, asap.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #441 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 am

Post by Transcend »

Computer's Internet is not working. Will try and resolve this issue ASAP but that means no fancy VCs.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #442 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Transcend »

False alarm. Just needed to reboot my computer. VC up soon. VC's won't always be on the top of the page, but there is a section in the first post that has all previous VC's.
Last edited by Transcend on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #443 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:43 am

Post by Transcend »

Last edited by Transcend on Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drone
Drone
Mafia Scum
Drone
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #444 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:18 pm

Post by Drone »

Mostly gut reads;

Creature - Town
Io - Town
Char - Town
Fire - Town
Expedience - TownLean
Dunnstral - TownLean
Maria - Null
Malp - Null
Blix - Null
Kop - Null
Tenshii - Null
Lowell - Null

There's a thing that really bothers my ability to fully function in this game, and it's the fact that people actively reading meta.
I know almost no one, and only getting to know.
That's why I'm basically lurking.
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #445 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by Lowell »

Checking in. This long weekend is going to be bad for me.

I'd vote charl again if it comes to that, so we're not all just sitting around like idiots while nothing happens. still like Io, or perhaps even kop, better.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #446 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:16 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 438, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 424, Expedience wrote:For the record, Dunnstral's post felt like scum to me too. It's so weak.
How is it weak?

It's really not
Not the argument itself, the way you presented it.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #447 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 428, malpascp wrote:

He says later it's because the game is multiball and he even scum can be helpful.

I still don't buy that, but I think he could be town.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #448 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 439, Kop wrote:
In post 424, Expedience wrote:
In post 420, Kop wrote:
In post 418, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 146, Kop wrote:
In post 131, Harkonnen97 wrote:charloux thinks im a town VI, yet at the same time he nullscumreads me.

vote charloux dogs.
Whilst scum sometimes use VI as scapegoats, I don't think it's the case here.
In post 390, Kop wrote:VOTE: Io

Wall posts ahhhh, scum tend to use wall posts a lot more to gain from the game, to try make out they are town.
In post 406, Kop wrote:UNVOTE: Io

I do agree that his (Charloux) ISO, doesn't really look appealing.
I don't really understand his train of thought here, he starts off implying that charloux is scummy, but then votes Io right after someone else votes charloux

He then unvotes Io saying Charloux's iso doesn't look appealing (Which shouldn't be related to his unvote)

Also his reasoning for voting Io was that scum tend to use wall posts more. I don't think this is even true but if anyone wants to back that up that would be nice
Though even if you say "scum use wall posts more" you're not taking into account the individual player. Maybe they wall post every game.
I'm not taking individuality into any account of the scum use wall posts more argument. All I'm saying is, scum can often use wall posts to try make out there town, because town tend to think scum wouldn't go to long lengths to try make out there actually doing something. I've used wall posts before trying to pick apart arguments to make out that I'm town trying to work out the game. It's all down to appeal more than anything.
This is circular and semantic backtracking, obviously it's a reason why you are saying Io could be scum because you vote her in that post. Not "oh sometimes scum wallpost", you pretty much said "wallposting is a scumtell"

For the record, Dunnstral's post felt like scum to me too. It's so weak.

Wow why do I only feel like the posting flows properly at 1:30am
Whilst Charloux ISO isn't very appealing, I didn't really think about contributing to the wagon, because it seemed there was lack of resistance to it, and it seemed easy. It would have been easy to jump on the bandwagon, but I'd rather jump on it for my own reasons, and not what everybody else is force feeding me.
So you didn't want to look like you were """"sheeping"""" k got it
It would be far easier to jump on the bandwagon and not have much attention, as opposed to sheeping for my own reasons and get more attention doing so.

As for the wall post against Io, I don't use it as concrete your scum tell, but it could/can be a tactic that scum would use. For many a reasons, look town doing something, to intimidate players.
And that's WIFOM because you can use arguments like this to make yourself look town, the fact that you don't see this makes me think you're scum playing on 1 layer of towncred

That's the only reason you gave for voting Io, and even you acknowledge that it isn't a valid reason. Of course scum can do some things to look town. You're, again, backtracking after making a really weak vote. I can't parse the last sentence `-`
Tenshii
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Tenshii
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #449 (ISO) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:20 pm

Post by Tenshii »

In post 428, malpascp wrote:Unless you find a flaw on Hark's reasoning, it seems to me like Char was just faking his scumreads, which is a pretty obvious tell.
Where is Char faking his scumreads?
In post 433, malpascp wrote:Everyone in this game is scumhunting, which makes your statement pointless. You read him as null-scum (for whatever reason, it was early game), then "incited" him to scumhunt more?
Nullscum is a totally jusified read, as you said, early game. And I fail to see why inciting a person to scumhunt (especially given the context) is scum indicative. If anything, it's "good person" indicative. Like how an SE/IC would encourage a Newbie to scumhunt.
In post 433, malpascp wrote:Also the "later on" part just makes it seem like that's where you're focusing, and that Hark's alignment doesn't really weigh on you wanting him lynched or not.
Yep. Cuz scum!Charloux is totally gonna make a post implying that he plans on attacking Hark in the future. Totes.

VOTE: malapascp

This feels like scum trying to pick apart posts and paint it as scummy.

Return to “Completed Open Games”