Micro 648: Mystery Box Mafia - 't is gedaan!

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:14 am

Post by RyanK »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/His/Him

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:41 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 92, GuiltyLion wrote:@House - His questions feel leading and his vote on Not_Mafia was in fact useless, even if he disagrees. The way he casually says "I don't like the wagon on Flames" without explaining why or pushing on people who voted Flames looks like scum WK-ing a mislynch.
Elaborate how my questions feel "leading". WRT Flames: House voted him based on Flames' RVS vote, I think Flames' response to it was good. I saw nothing scummy from Flames. The way some players were jumping on that wagon seemed opportunistic (e.g.: Ryank's). It was page 2 and I didn't want to put someone at L-1 that early, even more considering that N_M is playing this game.

I was tempted to vote Ryank, but as I said, I wanted to hear more from Expedience. Meanwhile I thought my vote would be fine on N_M.
In post 93, GuiltyLion wrote:like Not_Mafia is not a player who will alignment-tell based off of an RVS vote on him. The fact that NJAC tried to use "meta" to justify that as a reason to vote him doesn't make sense.
I saw an attempt to PL N_M in a past game, seeing who supported that lynch and who didn't helped me to figure out N_M's alignment.
In post 97, GuiltyLion wrote:These questions. "Why exactly" is just an altogether scummy phrase in general IMO.
Now, you're trying hard to make me look bad. This is ludicrous, why is "Why exactly" a scummy phrase? :igmeou:
Yes, I automatically start to suspect people who RVS vote when there's already wagons and discussion happening. Instead of taking a stance either way on Flames (or even RyanK, the possible counterwagon), NJAC just votes a slot that hasn't posted yet. It's safe and not-productive.
You're misrepping me hard. I took a stance on Flames wagon by not voting him, and as I said before I commented on some posts in the very same post I voted. I already explained my vote on N_M so I repeat that I disagree it was not-productive.
In post 100, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not saying he's definitely scum, he could just be cagey, but he's definitely giving the most scummy pings so far relative to the other posts, especially given a town!Flames
How exactly am I scummy for not putting at L-1 a flipped town, in page 2?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:44 am

Post by NJAC »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
In post 34, GuiltyLion wrote:However, I may (or may not) switch out my role from the Mystery Box, so I'll update you all if I decide to do that
Did you switch?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:46 am

Post by NJAC »

And according to your experience, is he eager only when he's town?
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:53 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 125, Expedience wrote:Anyway, let's hear who NJAC thinks is scum now. If he votes the person I'm thinking of, he will be officially pardoned.
Who's that person and why will I be officialy pardoned?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:42 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Ryan, you explained your hop from Guilty to NJAC, but why go back to Guilty?

Actually if you could walk me through your entire thought process from today a bit more, that'd be nice. I don't think crazy vote hopping like that is extremely alignment indicative, but it's kind of strange to me and I'd like to know where it's coming from.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Sméagol
Sméagol
Goon
Sméagol
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Sméagol »

V
o
t
e
c
o
u
n
t
Day 2 #01

NJAC [
]:
Expedience

GuiltyLion [
]:
RyanK
/
NJAC

Abstaining [4]:
gigabyteTroubadour / Not_Mafia / GuiltyLion /
House

There are 7 active players.
Absolute majority is
Majority has
not
been reached.

Start of day 2
Next vote count

Spoiler: Current playerlist
[1]
NJAC

[2]
House

[3] Maruchan † -
town
- vanilla - killed night 1

[4]
gigabyteTroubadour

[5] Flames682 † -
town
- hashtag doctor - lynched day 1

[6]
RyanK

[7]
Expedience

[8]
Not_Mafia

[9]
GuiltyLion

Spoiler: Days & nights

Deadline is
22-10-2016 00:00:00 CEST
((expired on 2016-10-22 00:00:00)).
Last edited by Sméagol on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
O
r
w
e
c
o
u
l
d
s
u
r
r
e
n
d
e
r
A
n
d
l
e
t
l
o
v
e
i
n
v
a
d
e
u
s

sign-ups
: none
/
running
: none
/
coming up
: large normal (18p) / micro theme (9)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:37 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

So I was also a neapolitan in addition to being ascetic, which is why I didn't trade the role.

I investigated RyanK and the action failed. I cannot be roleblocked, so I believe he is also ascetic, and he did not claim it.

VOTE: RyanK
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:40 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 149, RyanK wrote:
In post 100, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm not saying he's definitely scum, he could just be cagey, but he's definitely giving the most scummy pings so far relative to the other posts, especially given a town!Flames

I've played with Not_Mafia a lot. I have experience with him myself. The idea that he'd react in a significant way to a lone RVS vote is a joke.
You have only played with Non_Mafia at the most 5 times. Why did you claim you play with Not_Mafia a lot.
Is 5 times not a lot? I haven't actually counted but I feel even just two or three games is enough experience to understand someone's playstyle. Further, I have read several other games he has played.

The point is that NJAC claiming that "meta" justified his RVS vote on NM is bad. Do you disagree?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 am

Post by House »

Reasonable post from Guilty, I can sheep here for now.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:46 am

In post 0, Sméagol wrote:All roles are randomly generated. Generally speaking it's a role + modifier, though you can end up vanilla and / or with no mods.
hm...

Does having two ascetics mean that one is town and the other scum? I doubt that personally because of this, and I can see Ryan being a relatively new player not knowing to claim ascetic day 1. Doesn't make me want to townread him, of course, but I don't see this as a cop guilty.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:48 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 151, NJAC wrote:Elaborate how my questions feel "leading". WRT Flames: House voted him based on Flames' RVS vote, I think Flames' response to it was good. I saw nothing scummy from Flames. The way some players were jumping on that wagon seemed opportunistic (e.g.: Ryank's). It was page 2 and I didn't want to put someone at L-1 that early, even more considering that N_M is playing this game.

I was tempted to vote Ryank, but as I said, I wanted to hear more from Expedience. Meanwhile I thought my vote would be fine on N_M.
Look, I can't explain exactly how my gut works, but the way you ask questions reads to me like you're trying to pressure solely for the sake of pressure, making people explain vague things they said rather than actually trying to discern their alignment. It may be playstyle-clash so I will give you some towncred if you are willing to wagon and lynch scum!RyanK with me.

What about Flames' response to House was good? And again, you're saying your vote was "fine" but that's not an argument that it would help game-solve.

P-EDIT: giga I suggest you wait to weigh in until we hear from RyanK
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:50 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 157, GuiltyLion wrote:So I was also a neapolitan in addition to being ascetic, which is why I didn't trade the role.

I investigated RyanK and the action failed. I cannot be roleblocked, so I believe he is also ascetic, and he did not claim it.

Why did you decide to investigate him?
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:52 am

Post by House »

I've played with Not_Mafia a lot. I have experience with him myself. The idea that he'd react in a significant way to a lone RVS vote is a joke.
NJAC presented a good question, made me revisit Guilty's ISO where i found this.

Guilty, why didn't you investigate NJAC if you were suspicious of him?

NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 161, GuiltyLion wrote:Look, I can't explain exactly how my gut works, but the way you ask questions reads to me like you're trying to pressure solely for the sake of pressure, making people explain vague things they said rather than actually trying to discern their alignment.
Asking questions is the way I use to discern alignments. I admit my first questions were not too deep, but there's obviously not much to work with only two pages.
It may be playstyle-clash so I will give you some towncred if you are willing to wagon and lynch scum!RyanK with me.
I better wait to hear more from him.
What about Flames' response to House was good? And again, you're saying your vote was "fine" but that's not an argument that it would help game-solve.
Better question: what about Flames' response was scummy in your eyes? I saw a natural response to explain an RVS vote, and to deal with House's pressure.

I already explained my vote on N_M and my reasons for it, I think my vote was fine for those reasons, if there's something you still don't find clear let me know.
NJAC
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
NJAC
He/His/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:06 am

Post by NJAC »

In post 160, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I can see Ryan being a relatively new player not knowing to claim ascetic day 1. Doesn't make me want to townread him, of course, but I don't see this as a cop guilty.
Why are you conjecturing instead of letting Ryank explain?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:18 am

In post 165, NJAC wrote:
In post 160, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:I can see Ryan being a relatively new player not knowing to claim ascetic day 1. Doesn't make me want to townread him, of course, but I don't see this as a cop guilty.
i got jumpy, still trying to learn when to shut up

ryan is kind of an oddity to me right now and i wanted him to answer my question before we started lynching him. i wanted to make it clear that i don't think guilty has a guilty on him and the way the vote was placed made it seem like one, so piling on votes because of an interesting result might not be the smartest move.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am

Post by House »

In post 166, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 165, NJAC wrote:
i got jumpy, still trying to learn when to shut up

ryan is kind of an oddity to me right now and i wanted him to answer my question before we started lynching him. i wanted to make it clear that i don't think guilty has a guilty on him and the way the vote was placed made it seem like one, so piling on votes because of an interesting result might not be the smartest move.
It's not like he was going to be speedlynched in less than a day.

Let shit play out.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:04 pm

Post by House »

In post 157, GuiltyLion wrote:So I was also a neapolitan in addition to being ascetic, which is why I didn't trade the role.
Why does getting "Vanilla/Not Vanilla" results as well as being untargetable
for anything except kills
make it a desirable role?

You're a sitting duck for the night kill, and your results don't serve any realistic purpose in a role madness game.

Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:32 pm

Post by Expedience »

I think Ryan will be able to explain, I don't think that's a damning result. I'm not going to say why now though for reasons.
Expedience
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Expedience
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by Expedience »

In post 153, NJAC wrote:
And according to your experience, is he eager only when he's town?
Not sure
In post 38, NJAC wrote:
In post 34, GuiltyLion wrote:I am currently ascetic
Why exactly do you think it's a good idea to reveal that info this early?
In post 165, NJAC wrote:
This is the origin of NJAC's scumposting.
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by RyanK »

I swapped my role in the night.
In post 155, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Ryan, you explained your hop from Guilty to NJAC, but why go back to Guilty?

Actually if you could walk me through your entire thought process from today a bit more, that'd be nice. I don't think crazy vote hopping like that is extremely alignment indicative, but it's kind of strange to me and I'd like to know where it's coming from.
Here :down:
In post 149, RyanK wrote:

You have only played with Non_Mafia at the most 5 times. Why did you claim you play with Not_Mafia a lot.
VOTE: NJAC
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:34 pm

Post by RyanK »

In post 40, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Scum claiming ascetic is usually a terrible idea whether they are really ascetic or not, so I'm inclined to townread Guilty for that alone. I might want to double check the mystery box mechanics for something later, though. Regardless, getting generally good vibes from his posts, too

Flames might actually be the fastest scumread I've picked up in a game, I don't know if the other people on the wagon can say the same.
Why did you think flames was scum?
RyanK
RyanK
Goon
RyanK
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Post by RyanK »

I'm going to swap my role so I won't be ascetic.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:40 pm

Post by House »

In post 173, RyanK wrote:I'm going to swap my role so I won't be ascetic.
We're you ascetic last night or no?

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”