Newbie 1741 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:49 am

Post by Titus »

Hey Zito why are you not voting?
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Papa Zito »

My default vote would be algebra for reasons I'm sure we're all familiar with.

The combination flip/NK has me thinking I'm completely reading this game wrong however so I'm hoping I'll gain some insight by sitting back for a bit.

I'm pretty sure I already said this somewhere but it doesn't hurt to repeat it I guess.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Titus »

Yeah, well don't complain about the game not going anywhere and do nothing yourself.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 6:22 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I don't recall complaining about anything?

You seem grumpy Titus maybe you should take a nap.
Kappa
Just Monika
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:02 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 478, Papa Zito wrote:I don't recall complaining about anything?

You seem grumpy Titus maybe you should take a nap.
Savage. But in a dad joke way.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:03 am

Post by nn30 »

I'm waiting on Empoof to get back. Until he does, my line of thought can't go anywhere.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Papa Zito »

I'm most interested in both of our absentees as well.
Kappa
Just Monika
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:02 am

Post by algebra »

Prod received, still gonna be v/la for a couple more days though. Papa looks pretty bad rn
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Papa Zito »

can't wait to find out why
Kappa
Just Monika
Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Titus »

Watches
Show

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Empoof »

Hi I was absent because I had the flu and posted V/LA about that. Idk why I was prodded tbh
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Empoof »

In post 441, Papa Zito wrote:Can you explain to the class why that post is garbage?
It's the only time you gave a willing read on the developed algebra wagon. The way it's phrased it could easily be set up for your get-out-of-jail-free card if the shadow wagon didn't go anywhere. If algebra is red, you and I should be considered the 2 most likely partners. Adding that arona (and algebra pusher) died and not someone who was considered by all to be town is concerning.

I'm really intrigued by what algebra has on you that's scummy that's not related to him.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

That was a very interesting post. Let's put the original back up to make things easy for the crowd.
Papa Zito wrote:FTR I don't have a problem with an algebra lynch.

But when your IC isn't even voting it's like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
empoof wrote:[1]It's the only time you gave a willing read on the developed algebra wagon. [2]The way it's phrased it could easily be set up for your get-out-of-jail-free card if the shadow wagon didn't go anywhere. [3]If algebra is red, you and I should be considered the 2 most likely partners. [4]Adding that arona (and algebra pusher) died and not someone who was considered by all to be town is concerning.
1. And?
2. Why in the world would I need a "get-out-of-jail-free" card?
3. I've already stated my opinion on pre-flip associations so you'll have to forgive me if I completely ignore this.
4. There were multiple Algebra pushers, including myself (376, 383, 395, 396 for examples), during Day 1. Killing Arona doesn't lesson the pressure on Algebra - see today's early votes. So what's your point here?
Kappa
Just Monika
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Empoof »

In post 445, nn30 wrote:Option 1) Algebra is town. Scum push for a Shadow vote in order to to keep Algebra around for an easy D2 lynch.
I think it's safe to remove Zito from the scum discussion. He was the first to vote Shadow - scum don't like to rock the boat and stick their neck out that way.
The timing of this vote is also suspect - he hopped on a popular wagon. There was no boat to rock by the time he joins.
I quoted the parts I disagreed with. You should definitely not be removing Zito from the scumhunt because he's "rocking the boat" - If algebra is scum he needs to find a counterwagon to save him. I also didn't "hop on a popular wagon", I was the second vote. Titus wasn't showing likelihood of moving off the algebra wagon at the time and others were pretty deadset. Shadow hadn't responded well at that point and I was losing faith in my scum reads. I wrote out later things I didn't like about shadow's play.

If we had v/v wagons then scum doesn't need to push for a new wagon "to get an easy D2 lynch", I'd argue that people that were complacently sitting on algebra should be scrutinized more even.

P.EDIT: I'll respond to zito in another post
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:14 pm

Post by Empoof »

In post 487, Papa Zito wrote:That was a very interesting post. Let's put the original back up to make things easy for the crowd.
Papa Zito wrote:FTR I don't have a problem with an algebra lynch.

But when your IC isn't even voting it's like ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
empoof wrote:[1]It's the only time you gave a willing read on the developed algebra wagon. [2]The way it's phrased it could easily be set up for your get-out-of-jail-free card if the shadow wagon didn't go anywhere. [3]If algebra is red, you and I should be considered the 2 most likely partners. [4]Adding that arona (and algebra pusher) died and not someone who was considered by all to be town is concerning.
1. And?
2. Why in the world would I need a "get-out-of-jail-free" card?
3. I've already stated my opinion on pre-flip associations so you'll have to forgive me if I completely ignore this.
4. There were multiple Algebra pushers, including myself (376, 383, 395, 396 for examples), during Day 1. Killing Arona doesn't lesson the pressure on Algebra - see today's early votes. So what's your point here?
1.) It doesn't look good if algebra is scum for you to have ignored the wagon and hedge it when you did
2.) If Algebra is red and you hadn't said anything about him while throwing him softball questions
3.) Most of my stuff is based on pre-flip associations since I'm lynching algebra today. I'm sorry if you disagree with them.
4.) Arona dying instead of someone seen as 100% town is weird. Shadow dropped shade on titus and I before death and was talking to you heavily as near confirmed town. The next towniest person is arona. Do you not see that as weird??
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

1-3) In that case I guess we don't have much to talk about. If algebra flips scum and I'm still around we can revisit. I'm very interested in continuing this conversation at that point.

For #4, I literally commented on that earlier so you should know my stance on the topic.
Kappa
Just Monika
Empoof
Empoof
Goon
Empoof
Goon
Goon

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Empoof »

yup

I would be grilling algebra but the infinite V/LA and not fleshing out the thoughts he's had makes that pretty futile rn
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:32 pm

Post by Dunhallym »

It’s time for more questions. I’m sure you all missed it. Most are repeats of previous questions that didn’t get answers.

@algebra

See post 443

@ Morning Tweet

If you think algebra is likely town due to the kill, who are your suspects now?

@Empoof

If I get it, you suspect Zito only by association with algebra. What are your thoughts on Titus?

@Papa Zito

What are your thoughts on Titus and Empoof?

@Titus

You think the arona kill points to me but you vote for Zito: why? What are your thoughts on Empoof?

@nn30

Can you point to specific parts that show that “When [Titus] wagons someone, she pushes hard”? (see post 448)

I’ve decided to channel my inner Zito and keep my own thoughts to myself until I get my answers.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:44 am

Post by nn30 »

@Empoof - If I'm reading you correctly, your defense of my 445 is that my process of elimination should never have left you as the lone suspect?

I was reading Titus as suspicious of Shadow at that time. Even though you voted before she did, her suspicion came before yours. Rather than initiating the wagon, you joined it.

Can you back up your suspicion of Papa Zito with anything from earlier in the day?

I'd also like to know why you did so little scum hunting of me, your top scumspect.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:49 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 2.3

Please keep all arms and legs inside the car at all times. Also, you are under arrest. Why is your car full of limbs? Whose are these?

algebra (1)
: nn30
Papa Zito (1)
: Titus

Not Voting
: Papa Zito, algebra, Morning Tweet, Dunhallym, Empoof

With 7 alive, it's 4 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-19 21:53:21)
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:07 am

Post by nn30 »

@Dunhally -35, 135, 328, 345, 431 are the best examples I found which answer your specific question.

Here are some more examples of Titus scum hunting which reinforce my point.

Posts 15, 19, 23, 74, 76, 87, 123, 175 are all examples of Titus suspecting, voting, pushing or defending her suspicion of me.

Posts 59, 61 63, 67, 163, 168, 251, 290, 293, 431 same but Algebra.

Posts 268, 287, 328, 345, 357 same but Shadow.

If there was a scale from "stroking your beard, smoking a cigar, and saying 'hmm... interesting'" to "firing a blowhorn while pointing at your top suspect" Titus would be a champion of the latter.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 492, Dunhallym wrote:
@Papa Zito

What are your thoughts on Titus and Empoof?
That is the question isn't it, I'm glad you're paying attention.

I still have nagging doubts about Titus' early play and her push on me today is extremely weak. She nitpicked a couple of ridiculous things and then dropped it but left the vote which is ??? so I'm not feeling candy and rainbows about that slot. Meanwhile Empoof was a town read yesterday primarily due to tone. I was hoping I'd get more of an attack from him so I could put some meat to that read but unfortunately he's decided to deflect onto the algebra flip. What I will say is I very much don't like how he's attempting to argue that I was setting things up yesterday while he's doing the exact same thing by tying me to algebra today.
I’ve decided to channel my inner Zito and keep my own thoughts to myself until I get my answers.
I'd do the same in your spot!

If algebra doesn't make with the words soon I'd suggest we just hammer that and move on.
Kappa
Just Monika
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:36 am

Post by Dunhallym »

Thanks to both of you.
@Titus

I have an additional question for you: when I asked yesterday, Zito and Empoof both said they suspected Shaddowez based on his action. You suspected an algebra/Shaddowez scumteam and thought Shaddowez's push on you was to distract from algebra. Yet, later on, you were the one that pushed Tweety then nn30 (IIRC) to give intent on Shaddowez, yet you never suggested you may revert to algebra. Why?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 3:40 am

Post by nn30 »

@Dunhally - wasn't Titus clear in saying that she'd come after Algebra today?
In post 290, Titus wrote:@Morning, I fully intend to come after algebra tomorrow.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.
Dunhallym
Dunhallym
Goon
Dunhallym
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 4:34 am

Post by Dunhallym »

In post 498, nn30 wrote:@Dunhally - wasn't Titus clear in saying that she'd come after Algebra today?
In post 290, Titus wrote:@Morning, I fully intend to come after algebra tomorrow.
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your question.
Yes, you're misunderstanding, I used "revert to algebra" meaning switching back from Shaddowez to algebra yesterday.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”