Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Lowell »

In post 571, ironstove wrote:
In post 569, PenguinPower wrote:Why do you think the Knighty slot is town?
I have not necessarily felt he's mafia more so than the Thor/Saru/Aron slots so I'd rather see them go first.
It's bewildering to me how your scumlist doesn't have knighty OR lmk. Why even have a list?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:29 pm

Post by GreyICE »

But LMK isn't scum.

And now I'm wondering about Sharky. Man that wagon was fast and had some shady shit.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:52 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 576, GreyICE wrote:But LMK isn't scum.

And now I'm wondering about Sharky. Man that wagon was fast and had some shady shit.
Who is Sharky?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by ironstove »

Look, knight might be scum, I already explain I'm not spamming my scum list with meaningless garbage, so if I had to pick a 1 person scum list it is THOR so LYNCH THOR.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by ironstove »

A scum LIST IS MEANINGLESS IF IT HAS 6 PEOPLE ON IT BUT THERE ARE 3 SCUM.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Post by ironstove »

You are literally just GUESSING on who could be scum at that point... Like BLINDLY guessing.

BRB gonna re-read knight's ISO, but my impression of him is null, and I know everyone's scumread on him is based on the fact that he could be very distanced/disengaged scum. That's possible, but that's not what I consider to be a D1 lynch... However let me confirm.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:56 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 575, Lowell wrote:
In post 571, ironstove wrote:
In post 569, PenguinPower wrote:Why do you think the Knighty slot is town?
I have not necessarily felt he's mafia more so than the Thor/Saru/Aron slots so I'd rather see them go first.
It's bewildering to me how your scumlist doesn't have knighty OR lmk. Why even have a list?
What the fuck does this even mean? What the hell are you trying to say about my play? Are you literally fucking making the statement that because my reads != yours my input and reads are worth less than yours when we're on D1 and there are no flips or information to base this on? This is something only scum would say. You ARE SCUM.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 545, Lowell wrote:I find it scummy as hell when someone who has been coasting for weeks suddenly gets a little pressure then decides to quit. Esp when others follow that with "oh too bad, I was super ready to jump on that wagon you guyz"

VOTE: knighty

I'm confident there's at least one scum in the basicially indistinguishable pair of lmk/knighy. This well-timed quit fits with what I would expect this type of player to do when under pressure. So, sorry whoever is replacing, you got a bum deal.
Calls knight out for 'coasting' but he has 16 posts in this thread up til now while knight has 25+ before replacing out 2 days ago.
In post 548, Lowell wrote:
In post 546, AlpacaAlpaca wrote:So after reading up I have to say I think Lmk is scum, he can sir back and watch the theatre of others sink each other while he kicks back and doesnt do anything

VOTE: Lmk

Pedit: Lowell what do you think of the people saying yout 180 was trash
My 180 on who? Doesn't matter, I defend it blindly.
Obvious scum deflection argument. Try again.
In post 502, GreyICE wrote:Sooooooo

Errr

Am I the first person to notice that Knighty Knight is obvious scum?

Like super fucking obvious scum?
Can you go into further detail on this and quote which post stands out to you on why knight is scum? I'm not seeing anything. The guy claims it's his first time playing MS as well, keep that in mind.
LmkGuy
LmkGuy
Goon
LmkGuy
Goon
Goon

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by LmkGuy »

In post 580, ironstove wrote:You are literally just GUESSING on who could be scum at that point... Like BLINDLY guessing.

BRB gonna re-read knight's ISO, but my impression of him is null, and I know everyone's scumread on him is based on the fact that he could be very distanced/disengaged scum. That's possible, but that's not what I consider to be a D1 lynch... However let me confirm.
This is EXACTLY how I feel about thor though. If you are going to do this for Knight, I'll do the same for Thor and see how I go
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:15 pm

Post by ironstove »

Alright re-read thor's ISO, still think the dude is scum. Please jump on board peeps.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by ironstove »

In post 583, LmkGuy wrote:
In post 580, ironstove wrote:You are literally just GUESSING on who could be scum at that point... Like BLINDLY guessing.

This is EXACTLY how I feel about thor though. If you are going to do this for Knight, I'll do the same for Thor and see how I go
You find thor to be disengaged? He's joined the game after lowell, and has almost double lowell's posts.

Thor has been aggressively in the game swinging at people, including myself which comes off as a town maneuver but it's a common scum replacement strategy.

The tracer slot was being heavily scum read by me as well, and thor's posts are fluffy, wordy, a lot of unnecessary things being said for filler and not much material... Overall I dissected his posts and I'm still sure he's a scum slot.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by ironstove »

I'm pretty sure that the Thor slot has been mainly writing a lot of filler.

Substitute him out, I'd maybe consider lowell now after the latest posts he made that I highlighted above, and looking at his ISO I have just realized how much this guy has been coasting the entire game.

Town, I'm asking you all to carefully consider the reasons I laid out and join as there is not much time left for the lynch and we should not no lynch.

Save some other dumb posts coming out from null slots, I will however willingly pivot my vote to another scum read if that puts them within hammer range. Right now, I don't find either the karnos or knight wagon to be appealing. I'm more inclined to believe they are mislynches.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:57 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 564, ironstove wrote:How is it different? Specifics.
I'm seeing bravado and (fake?) confidence. Your tone is different.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

consider my vote on the knight slot.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 1:58 am

Post by aronagrundy »

@saru you said that Thor is copying your logic. But Thor's vote on him started because of karnos's talk on townreads and you voted him because of meta at first. What exactly are you referring to?
aronagrundy
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:01 am

Post by aronagrundy »

Wait strike that I just reread your vote on Karnos and it was about the townread thing but in a more speculative way than Thor,, who was describing more of an inconsistency in his vote. So my question about clarifying your statement on thors logic still stands
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:00 am

Post by karnos »

In post 567, PenguinPower wrote:Why do you think it would be immediately hammered?
Chrome ate my post. Attempt #2.

If I am right on the money about Saru *or* Thor, I think a scum partner of might go ahead and hammer town!Knighty to avoid any chance of the wagon growing on the actual scum. The scum could then turn things against you or others who were strongly in favor of lynching Knighty.

That said, I could be off base, and/or Knighty could possibly be scum with Thor or Saru. I will put him at L-1 24 hours to deadline, or after we have heard from a replace.

If someone else beats me to the punch, consider this a tentative
intent to hammer
, I don't want any cheap excuses from the replace about not claiming because nobody gave intent.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Why do you want to wait until so close to deadline? Pretty anti-town, especially considering there is no alternative wagon at this moment.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:38 am

Post by karnos »

In post 592, PenguinPower wrote:Why do you want to wait until so close to deadline? Pretty anti-town, especially considering there is no alternative wagon at this moment.
Do you think there is a serious danger of being stuck with a no-lynch?
GreyICE
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
GreyICE
Fifty Shades
Fifty Shades

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:25 am

Post by GreyICE »

Mod: Request deadline extension, or at least pause the counter until the slot is filled.

I believe in the Saru wagon. This one came together astonishingly fast. That's scary.
Show
That which is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil

Official Visigoth

Read Mother Jones
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:04 am

Post by Foxbird »

In post 594, GreyICE wrote:
Mod: Request deadline extension, or at least pause the counter until the slot is filled.
I was thinking about doing that all evening yesterday. So, unless someone has any objections...

I am pausing the deadline until a replacement for Knighty Knight is found. Once someone replaces in, the counter will start with three days remaining. This is also to accomodate the numerous current V/LAs.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:17 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 593, karnos wrote:Do you think there is a serious danger of being stuck with a no-lynch?
Well in your case, you put him at L-1 with 24 hours left. The intent comes sometime within the next 4-6 hours, let's say. He claims town PR and we currently have 3 alternative wagons at two votes each. So, 18 hours to convince people to compromise on a wagon. I'm not as concerned with ending with a no lynch as I am with a rushed, compromise lynch. Scrambling at the end of the day to secure a lynch is the type of play that scum likes, so I don't understand why you - as town - would advocate for it.
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Foxbird »

In a twist of fate, I found a replacement just now.

Say hi to Fire Assassin, who is replacing in for Knighty Knight!
Last edited by Foxbird on Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Fire Assassin »

Hello all, 24 pages doesn't seem like much to catch up on.
Skimmed over my previous person in slot before I replaced in so have somewhat of starting point.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Foxbird »

I'm just gonna bump here for that freshly sweet pagetop VC.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”