Goatmeal
Goon
Goatmeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Goatmeal »

Some reads:

Fire Assasin: I didn't like Fire Assasin's interactions with Skybird at first because I thought he was interacting with her to make her seem scummy, but I liked that he came out townreading her because it means he did it to determine her alignment, not just make her blow up and attack her for it. So in the end, town.

Mcmenno slight scum: In his #302, he states that he picked the vengeful role for insurance. Yet Skybird brings up an interesting point [#310], she says that he is neither lynchbait nor someone who would get NK'd early on, so why would he need insurance? Seems like scum who picked it and had no good [fake] reason to show he picked it.

Gen X: Gamma Emma seems to be making less illogical errors here, is being proactive, making sense. He's a town read. Transcend I haven't played in a while but glad to see I can read GE.

Dreamers: Scum. He's trying his hardest to seem town, and seem excited about the game. Yet, there is no scum-hunting from him. He simply uses disagreement to scumread people, and then states Wraith is scummy for 'not holding the same view as him'. He focuses more on fluffing rather than finding scum. His #583 rings of scum being guilty of taking a suspicious role so he uses wifom to shield him from any attacks. He doesn't really seem to be trying to progress the phase and I don't like the role he chose either and don't trust him with it.

Espe: I don't get the Espe wagon. Someone should walk that through for me, I liked some of his earlier posts, they made sense wrt Firebird.

Yume: Scum. Look at her ISO. I'm fine with vigging her if we are put in a room with her.

Vote: Dreamz
Goatmeal
Goatmeal
Goon
Goatmeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by Goatmeal »

Ran head caught up. Get at me thread.

Talk to me MoI, Andrius, Spy, where are your heads at? How do you guys read UT and Peregrine?
Goatmeal
Goatmeal
Goon
Goatmeal
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Goatmeal »

I also agree with the room plan too. I'd like to vig one of Mcmenno/Yume. More thoughts as thread grows bigger.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Tammy »

Hi Ranmaru!
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

Oh hey Ranmaru - Why were you guys contemplating taking Windows?
and why am I missing from any of your mentions?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

UT - When did your hatred for hydras begin? You've played as a hydra. You've played with hydras. Granted I don't think I've played with you for a while, but I don't remember you drilling the hydra hate, so why this game?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:27 pm

Post by Tammy »

Sorry that some of my thoughts are going to be scattered. I caught up earlier today in my doctor's office waiting room and I'm trying to remember all my thoughts. (Also, I've had some wine, so.)

I'm not interested in outing my neighborhood right now. There's really no reason to. It was opened not too long before the day started, so there's only a few posts between me and one other person and my main contribution was me saying why I chose who I chose. I'll out it eventually I'm sure, but for right now it could help me get reads as they are. I would like to go to the same room as my neighbors tonight to have day chat tomorrow. That would be really awesome. I do understand drealmer's point about separating rooms means more information in the neighborhood about the different rooms stuff, but I'm not to concerned about it largely in part because one of the first points of business on day two is most likely going to be people talking about the most important things that come from their room pts.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Tammy »

I'm leaning more town on drealmer than not. It's not super strong, but he is a newer player (not a newb, but also doesn't have too many games under his belt) and he's from a small community, and I think his approach is more likely to come from town than not. He's bucking up against a bunch of players who have to come across as people with experience and strong players here, and I don't think his not wanting to coordinate because that's not mafia is indicative of him worried about getting caught due to poe no matter how well he plays. I remember when I first started playing and I played a role madness game that someone wanted to break through mass claim on day two thinking that it wasn't mafia and felt cheap somehow. When I look back at that game I still feel that way. So, I can totally see town coming in to that thinking that it's just going to be boring and not mafia if we play that way. I also think that his push against me for not knowing the roles looks somewhat town. I'm the only person he knows here and he could just buddy up to me or be neutral to me instead of picking at me.

I don't think that coordinating things means we're not playing mafia as we're not going to be able to solve this game just through role coordination. It will help, but none of the roles are breakable to the point that coordination is going to solve things without day play. I'm not sure that someone new to this type of setup would recognize that.

Likewise I don't think it's very healthy to claim that certain people are town for the role they chose unless you have reasons to think that particular role choice is alignment indicative for that particular person. In looking back at the small town game I played at my homesite recently, scum took the double voting governor, tree stump, and role blocker. Also, you have to look at what there was available when they chose. So for instance Wraith is calling espy town in part for his choice when he says that scum would want the vigs and a couple other roles, but some of those were gone when espy made his choice.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

Not all hydras. These hydras though
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:16 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 804, Espeonage wrote: @Andy: my previous experience with the site meta had apathy reigning supreme and everyone would follow the town leader and if they were scum it was game over. As far as I was aware that was the case still.
In post 207, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 204, Spiffeh wrote:Btw Espeonage had by far the worst reaction to my Tammy treestump suggestion

And no it's NOT just because he disagreed with me
Espeonage is pretty disconnected from current meta and him being wary of just "sheeps" while silly to us, I can see from his perspective.

Not loving that he picked up with Fire Assassin's defense of his take on the tree stump issue.

Also, no this isn't what he was arguing before. He wasn't arguing the dangers of apathy reigning supreme and what if I were scum playing as town leader. He had an early light town read on me. He was arguing against it first because he didn't think I'd want it. (I don't know why anyone would think i wouldn't want it though. I die early so regularly and am often wishing I was still alive that one would think that a tree stump would be a role I would want.) Then he argued that people might follow me based on reputation and it would stress me out. But that doesn't hold up based on any game I've been in. Or him. In team mafia, ffery was confirmed town, and espy was in that game, and a good portion of the town fought with her and discredited her reads. I don't know why espy would think it would be any different here. I've been a universal town read in most games I play, and I still don't have people just blindly following me. Considering the fact that I spend a good portion of my time waffling over my reads and listening to other people's reads, I'm having a hard time with anyone interpreting what espy said a me as tree stump would look like.

I also feel like some of the way that espy has been playing this game has been maneuvering around players he thinks he has to get around. Spyrex's read on thinking fucksticks seems fake is along the lines of what I'm thinking here where it feels like he set rules at that time, in which he said it was timely, based on what was happening at the time in thread. Spyrex and UT were around and I wonder if he was interacting with dreamer and setting those rules in a way to look protown.

I used to be pretty decent at reading espy and he has been being a little controlling of the environment in a way that feels weird. I followed a game where he was scum and behaved in a similar manner so it concerns me. I keep waiting for that little thing that will give me a feeling that he is town or at least leaning town, and I haven't felt it yet. I'm hoping that he and Andrius will talk soon and maybe Andrius will have some insight there.

I wish I felt better one way or the other here.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by PeregrineV »

I thnk fire assassin is town.

Ambivalent on espeonage.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:18 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 908, Untrod Tripod wrote:Not all hydras. These hydras though

These hydras feel rather benign though.

Goatmeal is just Ranmaru right now and has a decent chance of being scum.

Gen X isn't going crazy and seem okay and leaning town.

Double Trouble will be the hardest to read probably and mostly in part because it is weird that Diamond Sentinel signed up for a draft game knowing the type of game it was and replaced out because of the type of game it was.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 699, Fire Assassin wrote:Wait did the neighboring thing already go through? Guess I wasn't chosen.
Please don't take offense to that.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:19 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

At this point I really want to fight Tammy on like half the stuff she is saying.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Tammy »

okay
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:22 pm

Post by Tammy »

see espy you worried for nothing!
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 913, Fire Assassin wrote:At this point I really want to fight Tammy on like half the stuff she is saying.
I don't. The comment about us is right for the wrong reasons.

Everything else, I am ok with.

P.S. The wagons that exist are likely on town.

UNVOTE: Whoever we are voting

~Titus
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 912, Tammy wrote:
In post 699, Fire Assassin wrote:Wait did the neighboring thing already go through? Guess I wasn't chosen.
I feel like I should be offended now that you tell me I shouldn't be.

Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:25 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 917, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 912, Tammy wrote:
I feel like I should be offended now that you tell me I shouldn't be.
Then be. I just thought you maybe felt that way because you said you'd be active and seemed to want to be in the neigbhorhood. I just don't want people to feel offended.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:26 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 911, Tammy wrote:Double Trouble will be the hardest to read probably and mostly in part because it is weird that Diamond Sentinel signed up for a draft game knowing the type of game it was and replaced out because of the type of game it was.
No, they are obvious town.
I have a full proof way of reading Math that has now a 100% success rate over 4 games.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:27 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

I don't want to spend my night taking Tammy posts bit by bit.
I don't even know what that will accomplish.

Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 919, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 911, Tammy wrote:Double Trouble will be the hardest to read probably and mostly in part because it is weird that Diamond Sentinel signed up for a draft game knowing the type of game it was and replaced out because of the type of game it was.
I have a full proof way of reading Math that has now a 100% success rate over 4 games.
What's your read on UT?
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Tammy »

In post 920, Fire Assassin wrote:I don't want to spend my night taking Tammy posts bit by bit.
Probably nothing. I can already tell from the way you're interacting with me I'd not value anything you said. But go ahead master mafia player!!!
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:30 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 921, Double Trouble wrote:
In post 919, Fire Assassin wrote:
What's your read on UT?
I have no clue.
Usually I can read low content people like him, but someone with experience with him will have to explain their reasoning.

I don't feel like he is manipulative in anyway, but he definitely hasn't shown me a color.

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:31 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 922, Tammy wrote:
In post 920, Fire Assassin wrote:I don't want to spend my night taking Tammy posts bit by bit.
Probably nothing. I can already tell from the way you're interacting with me I'd not value anything you said. But go ahead master mafia player!!!
Nice snark.
2 points to Hufflepuff.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”