Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:58 am

Post by Wraith »

Goatmeal

* Picking Vig first overall is null of course. One of the stronger roles for either side.
* Dropped off the face of the earth after drafting more than any other player, which is a serious concern.
* I generally like his reads in #900. But that's a given since they're very very similar to my own, even with similar logic.
* Seems to have a scum vibe for PV for meta reasons. I don't like this.
* I agree with the general feeling that his deluge of activity after being slightly pressured looks bad. However, I generally like what he had to say in that deluge.
* Ugh, now I feel I need to re-read Errant too in order to understand the logic of Goat's vote for him. Annoying.
* Adding this after reading Errant. Goatmeal's reflexive response vote on Errant looks really bad now.
* Post #1026 makes me think only one of Goat or Espy is scum but not both.
* In general I lean town on Goatmeal

Espy

* I've already expressed some thoughts on Espy in Post #753. I'll repeat them here for posterity, with some modifications
* Wanting to lynch the Tree Stump even if we think they're town purely to ensure they aren't scum double-bluffing is really bad
* Espy using a logical fallacy to argue against Tammy having Tree Stump is much worse than I first thought. Town players shouldn't be arguing with obvious logical fallacies.
* That Espy knows the value of the Neighborizer to the town is a towntell to me, if only for the tone.
* Espy has chainsawed Skybird so
IF
Skybird is scum there's a high likelihood IMO that Espy is also scum. Nevertheless, I think a lot of my townreads hold the opinion that Skybird is mislynch bait.
* Disappeared after drafting but that's because he was travelling, so null
* Post #806 is a towntell:
Espy wrote: If you did not see that vote coming before the end of the draft then you need to read more.
* Sentiments on McMenno expressed in his consecutive posts #816 and #831 seem conflicting. Nevertheless he still thinks McMenno is scum in later posts.
* Towntell in Post #931:
Espy wrote:I agree.You can't support wraith claim that my choice is town. It was the strongest role left that is usable by both teams.
* Post #982 definitely makes me think that if Goatmeal or Espy flips scum the other is town. Considering what I said in the Goatmeal points above I definitely, definitely think this is the case.
* Espy has started looking a lot more town in his posts since I posted my suspicions of him at #753. Definitely not my priority for a D1 lynch right now. Seriously I have a big hard-on for lynching drealmerz right now especially since he used a fucking semantic argument against me.

Errant

* Room Watcher has even less utility for scum than Room Tracker IMO. That he said little during draft phase and then picked Watcher is actually a towntell to me. I might be missing context out of ISO however
* Doesn't seem to like me for some reason he hasn't elaborated on. This was early and so might have changed, his dislike of me seems to have originally stemmed from my sudden reversal on FA early on.
* Townreads on FA, Tammy, and drealmerz. So that fluctuates from good to wtf
* Seemed to buddy Spiff early on
* Defended yakko vs Spiff and SpyRex
* I like post #853
* I don't like post #1018
* I don't like him joining the Goatmeal wagon out of seemingly nowhere
* I don't like Errant suddenly joining the Goatmeal wagon but I like Goatmeal's response less.

In summation I'm leaning slight town on Errant. Espy has gotten better since I last read him. Goatmeal is actually more suspicious to me than Espy now, mostly for his sudden resurgence of activity after being pressured and his dumb OMGUS vote for Errant.

Oh also GenX is probably my #5 townread right now. Felt I should add that.

Also I think I should say this now but I plan to go to the Laboratory tonight unless something changes in the near future.

PREDIT: Ugh need to catch up with what's been said in a different post.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Wraith »

Not much to catch up on.

FYI DT please snip my WoTs in the future or quote excerpts.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Creature »

I don't think I'll make a list to keep track of my townreads, I have a bunch and they're likely to change.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Creature »

Meh, actually wonder if Transcend is actually buddying me. I expected him to find it weird I disappeared during the day phase.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:05 am

Post by Creature »

Yeah, there wasn't much to catch up on.
Sigh
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:06 am

Post by Creature »

Any post worth looking at?
Sigh
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:22 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok back from hell weekend and catching up …

Probably will do this in 10 page size bites since I really have about 20 pages to process.

Starting at 27 with the game actually beginning even though I have a few posts in there.

Double Trouble’s entrance sets off warning bells for me with . Especially with Math’s explanation at . And rings absolutely hollow given that there was plenty of non-mechanical scum hunting going on in the thread when it was posted.

Count GenX as an early scum-read for . This game has even less reason for RVS fluff than a usual game. GenX has already called multiple people scummy. Yet we get this. Buddying up to Spiffeh at the same time also adds to my suspicion.

@McMenno
– if is your version of obv-Town then I want Goat and you forced into the same room tonight and for nature to take its course.

--
In post 798, Wraith wrote:And I don't care about the excuse "well i'm town and don't want to waste my life" if you're town you do as you're fucking told by the consensus near the end of the day.
Want to highlight this applies to pretty much any consensus decision not just “go with the Vig”. Kids TV Characters Mafia is a perfect example of why – we established an action plan that as long as it was followed would automatically PoE the scum. I was a Commuterizor who could protect myself that Night but the plan was to protect and confirm another player who was on people’s suspect lists.

Even though I yearned to protect myself I stuck to the plan as going rogue would have not allowed the living players to make the correct conclusions as the game wound down.

--
In post 675, Fire Assassin wrote:If you aren't scum can you stop posting as if you are? Cause I swear the number of times a scum player has said "you have no clue how to read me" is off the charts.
So you’ve never seen Town say that?

--
In post 859, Spiffeh wrote:Great vig targets for Goatmeal in order of my preference: Flames682, hi im Yakko, McMenno, PeregrineV, Yume
Scratch Peregrine from the list (he’s absolutely readable regardless of his alignment) and I’m completely on board with this list.

--
In post 726, Andrius wrote:Do you have an example of this? Because I'm seeing town. Eager town with lots of words.
Um I don’t think you really need to ask this given you’ve multiple times referenced the Stars Aligned III game which is textbook (although more easily set-up than here IMO).

I get you see lots of words as “eager newbie” but what about those words screams Town when there is a significant amount devoted to “Planning is bad” when clearly planning, as long as it doesn’t eclipse scum-hunting” is good?

--

is in the end why I kept my vote on Dreal in this first catch-up phase. The amount of effort given to arguing what is effectively a non-point as opposed to finding and pushing scums does not compute to me for an “enthusiastic Town” player. And the reads list at makes little sense given what Dreal has posted so far.
In post 737, drealmerz7 wrote:That's how I read a lot of roles and is a huge part of how I am reading this game (role selection + behavior) because I have almost 0 familiarity with any players here.
I was surprised more roles that I viewed as scum-centric didn't get off the board sooner from good Humans trying to keep them out of the hands of Things. The fact that Norris, Lars, and Lloyd went as far down as they did is very disconcerting to me.
However, I'm glad to have gotten Lars to keep him out of the hands of scum, who in my evaluations is #3rd-6th most powerful role for scum to have (depending on role makeup + strategy.)
So what is the take-away here with the bolded …

I’m trying to decide what disconcerts you about those abilities dropping. Because your theory seems to hold that scum would be happy to jump on those abilities. Yet you wished the “Good Humans” above you had taken them.

Really this whole thing (pun intended)looks like a way to establish you care about the game but without actual conclusion you can draw from it. Are the people who didn’t take the roles more likely to be Town or scum? And if no conclusion could be drawn why post this in the first place?
In post 814, drealmerz7 wrote:Their day-chat is the thread here. This also allows for more insurance against Things in the hood.
Please elaborate on what this means …

--
In post 754, Untrod Tripod wrote:I could vote for dreal
Why haven’t you then?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Errantparabola »

If Gen X's heads were two separate players in this game, they would be the most scummy and second most scummy players, and here's why (in addition to all the scummy shit their slot has done earlier):

In post 1020, Generation X wrote:Haha my meta is I get in deep shit as town then bs my way/clear myself into a townread
~GE
I'm pretty sure Gamma here is trying to tell me that I shouldn't be scumreading him because he always gets scumread as town
In post 1021, Generation X wrote:Thoughts on the fact EP voted 2 posts in a row? Looks scummy to me, as they're changing their mind from "blatant OMGUS vote" to "I don't want a vig". What's the problem with vigilantes? Afraid the shot will hit you or one of your buddies?
~GE
I actually have changed my mind again on this-- i'll get to that later (in a goatmeal post), but I think it's fine to leash the vig here.
You accusing me of blatant omgus vote is flagrantly incorrect and trying to discredit my scumread on you, one which you have acknowledged is founded on longstanding issues that i have had with you.
Aside from that. Do you not understand why I would think its important to deny a scum kill?
In post 1070, Generation X wrote:As for Goatmeal, I think they're genuinely game solving and being helpful and I don't disagree too much with any votes they've made all game.
This is the bullshittiest reason to townread someone ever in the history of ever
And i think its a clumsy departure from a goatmeal bus
In post 1096, Generation X wrote:FIRE ASSASSIN ON CLOSE WATCH

HE JUST PLAYED 2 GOOD SCUM GAMES IN A ROW

I DONT CARE IF PEOPLE THINKS HES BAD I THINK HES GOOD

(dw fb i think you're town for now)
I don't know if this is a conscious, premediated effort, but I do think that leaving an opening for scumreading fire later on (ESPECIALLY since he has a role of his strength) is very scum mindset.

VOTE: gen x

i'll make a goatmeal/other reads post later but essentially i want goatmeal in a room with other scumreads and for the room to be blocked (the one that means they can't act outside of the room), then we leash them, say to shoot some consensus scumread/useless player, and if they don't, we lynch them.

honestly, in an ideal world, we'd just get rid of all the hydras in this game.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:09 am

Post by Generation X »

In post 1133, Errantparabola wrote:honestly, in an ideal world, we'd just get rid of all the hydras in this game.
Noted. If you or UT flips scum I'm thinking we powerlynch the other.
~GE
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Generation X »

And I still think FA is town FYI.
~GE
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Errantparabola »

its because all of the hydras are playing terribly.
i like hydras.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Generation X »

What about Double Trouble?
Yeah I have townreads on Double Trouble and Goatmeal so the no-hydra guys are probably scum.
~GE
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:15 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1132, MagnaofIllusion wrote:Why haven’t you then?
because I'd rather just lynch DT
Generation X wrote:What about Double Trouble?
Yeah I have townreads on Double Trouble and Goatmeal so the no-hydra guys are probably scum.
~GE
well that doesn't make any fucking sense? why would scum say "oh I've got it we'll just say lynch hydras"

my no hydra thing started as tongue in cheek but it's become more and more serious as all of hydras in this game just turn out to be awful people to play mafia with
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1134, Generation X wrote:
In post 1133, Errantparabola wrote:honestly, in an ideal world, we'd just get rid of all the hydras in this game.
~GE
this argument is so awful you just had to post it twice, I guess
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:19 am

Post by Generation X »

OK so you're saying you want the hydras gone not because they're scummy but because you don't like the players sure.
I'd vote you right now but you're a damn stump so I can't ensure you STFU.
~GE
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you could try to be less awful?
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

like seriously, walk me through the mindset of a scum team who tries to coordinate an effort to policy lynch hydras

or worse yet tries to coordinate an effort to scumread hydras

that's the argument you were making and I'm not sure how you arrived at it other than "omg people don't like me they must be scum together"
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:23 am

Post by Generation X »

Push actual scum?
As for why a scumteam would try to get hydras lynched:
Titus is a strong player
Ranmaru is a strong player
DGB is astrong player
Transcend is a strong player
Scum want to eliminate strong players by going off of anti-hydra sentiment
~GE
MagnaofIllusion
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
MagnaofIllusion
has been killed Night 1
has been killed Night 1

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 am

Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Ok … on to page 36 and up …

That Dreal has time to prepare “tricksy traps” , as explained in but does not have time to actually explain his reads reads like newb-scum 101 to me. Especially after seeing .
In post 857, drealmerz7 wrote:my top reads for scum are:

andrius
spyrex
PV
spiff
Explanations pronto …

--
In post 882, Wraith wrote:It would only block Skybird's vend if he targeted you with it.
I think Spyrex and Skybird should be in the same room with at least 1 other person and Skybird vend to the whole room. Thus Spyrex can lock Skybird per his goals and the others can confirm that Skybird failed to vend to them.

Unless I’m missing some mechanical interaction there.
In post 971, SpyreX wrote:I'm going to the kennels..the vendor too. Whomever else wants to touch this stunning body meet me there
Lulz, apparently I did not …
--
In post 901, Goatmeal wrote:Ran head caught up. Get at me thread.

Talk to me MoI, Andrius, Spy, where are your heads at? How do you guys read UT and Peregrine?
I agree with you are Dreal. Disagree with you on GenX. And think calling Yume scum for lurking is ludicrous.

What do you think about vigging Flame?

--
In post 907, Tammy wrote:So for instance Wraith is calling espy town in part for his choice when he says that scum would want the vigs and a couple other roles, but some of those were gone when espy made his choice.
Once I finish this catch-up I need to go review this as it is a very good point if accurate.

--
In post 938, Spiffeh wrote:I really don't get why drealmerz is such a popular scum read
Then let me know if all the points I made in my first catch-up don’t resonate with you please.

--
In post 945, Fire Assassin wrote:Well now you are in the scum pile.
So let me be clear with you FA – you think Untrod picking as high in the draft order as he did chose the Treestump as Mafia for the WIFOM giggles?
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:36 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

oh I see the disconnect here

okay the argument is only like 90% as dumb as it looked intitially.

regardless, no one says "oh they're a strong player, I'll get them lynched". you'd just nightkill them.
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:37 am

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1144, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So let me be clear with you FA – you think Untrod picking as high in the draft order as he did chose the Treestump as Mafia for the WIFOM giggles?
dude, treestump is a strong pick for scum. I'm surprised it fell as far as it did (although it tells me that the scumteam didn't realize that, which points perhaps to their composition or draft numbers).
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1134, Generation X wrote:
~GE
This and #1140 are terrible.

I need to re-evaluate my read on GenX. I think I've been taking his high activity level as a towntell too much for granted.
Show

Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:52 am

Post by Wraith »

In post 1146, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1144, MagnaofIllusion wrote:So let me be clear with you FA – you think Untrod picking as high in the draft order as he did chose the Treestump as Mafia for the WIFOM giggles?
dude, treestump is a strong pick for scum. I'm surprised it fell as far as it did (although it tells me that the scumteam didn't realize that, which points perhaps to their composition or draft numbers).
Can you explain why? I'm not seeing it.
Show

Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:57 am

Post by Generation X »

Actually thinking about it UT was right above Tammy who Spiffeh was trying to give the stump to. I'm rethinking my UT scumread because of this. Why would scum so blatantly go against the wishes of someone who had established influence?
~GE

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”