Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1525 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by Wraith »

Oh shit, if we lynch Goatmeal today Maria gets a Vig shot

I don't now what to do with my metaphorical hands

I need to think about this at work tomorrow
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

"Our demands most modest are - we only want the earth!" -James Connolly
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1526 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1249, Tammy wrote:
In post 990, SpyreX wrote:There's a special kind of give no fs. That's ut town.
I mean come midgame he needs to start giving a care but
How do you distinguish no fucks given ut town from no fucks given ut scum?

Also, my concern about ut in part stems from the fact that he seems to be playing up to you a bit.

Also, he's not making me laugh. Don't know if that is alignment indicative, but in the few games I have played with him he's usually making me laugh because his responses are snarky but pretty funny. Here they have a bite to them that feels not quite right.
Given implies absolute knowledge. The only people with absolute knowledge as scum. Town assumes something and then see if it is reasonable scum fake it. Little words like "given" generally hint at too much knowledge. It feels like buddying Titus because your reads are similar and completely disregard drealmerz' shitty opening and then to outright defending him.

It is like you two are in the hydra and I am shouting in the hydra PT alone awaiting a response that won't come.

Yes admittedly I should have caught some things in the OP. However Titus had some RL stuff and I didn't want the slot completely idle during that time so I shot from the hip. Mistakes happen I am human I owned up to it.

I am awaiting my car for an oil change so will be sporadic posting.
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1527 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1513, Titus wrote:Tammy, fair enough. That's an advantage to playing as a hydra I suppose. I can still convey what she feels in a manner that's more sensible. I do feel that we all have bits of moonlogic in us but getting all the feelings to talk to each other and finding out why people feel that way is also important (although I am better with harder data... [like scum do X behavior more often than town, so X is more likely to be scum] etc). If you figure out
why
someone is feeling what they do, then it's easier to understand. So even if you'll only interact with me for awhile until she sorts you, that's better for the both of us. I can hit her concerns through the side door rather than plugging up the thread with her yelling you're scum which no one will read.

GenX I have as town by frustration and by dynamics as well based on how the wagons have been going. It's far to early to call it my VCA but the wagon on GenX just doesn't feel like a protown motivated wagon (this means the wagon helps scum, not that those pushing it are for certain scum). Regardless of the flip, I intend to go over the analysis with Math and see what the flips tell us.

I've been slow posting due to IRL, but I am picking up a bit. Given your status as obvtown, playing your reads closer to the chest but commenting when players have direct questions might be better that way it stops the concern you had about this being the sheep Tammy show. (I think that was your earlier concern.)

UT, You've been asked for a read on Goatmeal repeatedly and a readslist by FA. Why are you ignoring this just to sling mud at me?
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1528 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:45 pm

Post by Generation X »

we're human.

~T
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1529 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1526, Double Trouble wrote:
In post 1249, Tammy wrote:
In post 990, SpyreX wrote:There's a special kind of give no fs. That's ut town.
I mean come midgame he needs to start giving a care but
How do you distinguish no fucks given ut town from no fucks given ut scum?

Also, my concern about ut in part stems from the fact that he seems to be playing up to you a bit.

Also, he's not making me laugh. Don't know if that is alignment indicative, but in the few games I have played with him he's usually making me laugh because his responses are snarky but pretty funny. Here they have a bite to them that feels not quite right.
Given implies absolute knowledge. The only people with absolute knowledge as scum. Town assumes something and then see if it is reasonable scum fake it. Little words like "given" generally hint at too much knowledge. It feels like buddying Titus because your reads are similar and completely disregard drealmerz' shitty opening and then to outright defending him.

It is like you two are in the hydra and I am shouting in the hydra PT alone awaiting a response that won't come.

Yes admittedly I should have caught some things in the OP. However Titus had some RL stuff and I didn't want the slot completely idle during that time so I shot from the hip. Mistakes happen I am human I owned up to it.

I am awaiting my car for an oil change so will be sporadic posting.

Math
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1530 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1516, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1513, Titus wrote:UT, You've been asked for a read on Goatmeal repeatedly and a readslist by FA. Why are you ignoring this just to sling mud at me?
arms and legs inside the hydra at all times, ladies.

it's not slinging mud to point out that you are lying about things your own slot has said.

And I don't have to do anything FA asks me. FA knows who my top scumread is and who else I'm willing to vote for.

and I've already given a read read recently on Goatmeal.

Spoiler: which is funny that you should mention that, since YOU are the one who asked
In post 1172, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1168, Double Trouble wrote:Deflection and misdirection.

Tammy is easy to read if given time and ability, yet at the start you decided she'd not get that ability against everyone's wishes. That's arrogant or scummy.

Highlighting scum want to vote to remove threats rather than scumhunt us not arrogant. I just happened to use an example from my past to do it. Each player can be a threat depending on the makeup.

Your read on DGB hydra please.
it's a game and I'm going to play to my wincon. I value my own reads and therefore I wanted the treestump ability so I could continue to post them throughout the game. it was available. I took it. I'm not going to apologize for going against the wishes of someone who has literally no power over me.

DGB hydra I'm reading as town for the moment for the simple reason that they're trying to elucidate rather than obfuscate. information instead of personality etc.
I'm waiting for something that's an actual read.

Saying that DGB hydra is town because they are not obfuscating is circular. You know this. What is Goatmeal elucidated, what have they done with it, and why does this make them town?
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1531 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:48 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

Oh last post was Titus. I'm going to back off because Math is on now.
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1532 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by Generation X »

In post 1524, MariaR wrote:I hate playing roles like that and IC so BORING
Correct Tammy.

I think drealmerz is ml bait.

~T
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1533 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by SpyreX »

There was actually a discussion about given being a scumword? What madness through yonder window breaks
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1534 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 507, SpyreX wrote:Without anything else id also lynch a 1 d1. But sure we can use hard hitting journalism to find a scums, fail, then lynch a 1.

The fucksticks comment was about as manufactured as you get fyi
Why a 1? I think this would be the least likely number a scum would pick. I'd probably lynch a 2, 3, or 4, before I consider a 1 for scum. Scum with pregame chat would probably even be like, "fool, don't pick 1, yo, you just gonna get last pick, yo. Everybro and their momz gonna pick 1, yo." Well, something like that.

Out of curiousity, before I continue reading, were people actually under any obligation to post and be active during the draft phase? I think that might make me reevaluate a few things.
Generation X
Generation X
Goon
Generation X
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1535 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:51 pm

Post by Generation X »

Yeah i didn't mean to quote that

~T
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1536 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by SpyreX »

In post 1534, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 507, SpyreX wrote:Without anything else id also lynch a 1 d1. But sure we can use hard hitting journalism to find a scums, fail, then lynch a 1.

Why a 1? I think this would be the least likely number a scum would pick. I'd probably lynch a 2, 3, or 4, before I consider a 1 for scum. Scum with pregame chat would probably even be like, "fool, don't pick 1, yo, you just gonna get last pick, yo. Everybro and their momz gonna pick 1, yo." Well, something like that.

Out of curiousity, before I continue reading, were people actually under any obligation to post and be active during the draft phase? I think that might make me reevaluate a few things.
If it were me id put my weakest player at 1. You either get fabulous prizes or end up middle of the road from my recollection. Although my sample size doesn't include infinity numbers for the draft
Show

Proud member of BaM
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1537 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1533, SpyreX wrote:There was actually a discussion about given being a scumword? What madness through yonder window breaks
it seems impossible that Titus hasn't heard the expression "no fucks given"

but

that whole quote is just kind of insane even if she hadn't
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1538 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

Did anyone else but me, try to read Tammy post and just came out of it bewildered on any of her opinions on people?
Like, I got zero information out of those long winded post.
Just looked like fence sitting.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1539 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Wraith »

Okay this is kinda my problem with DT and townreading them at this point. Especially Mathlete-head.

They say stuff like this:
DT wrote: The only people with absolute knowledge as scum. Town assumes something and then see if it is reasonable scum fake it
Which is pretty town to me. But then they say something like this:
DT wrote: Little words like "given" generally hint at too much knowledge. It feels like buddying Titus because your reads are similar and completely disregard drealmerz' shitty opening and then to outright defending him.
Where I'm like "wat." Like I get opposing people who defend drealmerz. But FFS if you're scumreading Tammy at this point in the game you've either got some serious meta knowledge I'm not aware of or you're being dumb.
Show
"When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist." -Helder Camara

"For myself, I want no advantage over my fellow man, and if he is weaker than I, all the more is it my duty to help him." -Eugene Debs

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1540 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It's like bizarro only sith deal in absolutes
Show

Proud member of BaM
Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1541 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:56 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

In post 1509, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1503, Tammy wrote:a whole bunch of nothing
that was an excellent read Tammy real A+ analysis I'm really regretting taking the treestump now
In post 1538, Fire Assassin wrote:Did anyone else but me, try to read Tammy post and just came out of it bewildered on any of her opinions on people?
Like, I got zero information out of those long winded post.
Just looked like fence sitting.
In post 1509, Untrod Tripod wrote:
In post 1503, Tammy wrote:a whole bunch of nothing
that was an excellent read Tammy real A+ analysis I'm really regretting taking the treestump now
nope it was just you
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1542 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by Wraith »

Also making a fucking
semantic argument
is not a good strategy if you're town. It's a big reason why I still have a hard-on for a drealmerz lynch.
Show

SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1543 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:57 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It's not even its a given he's town, but it's a given that the mathematical value of fucks is equal to 0. That's proven here
Show

Proud member of BaM
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1544 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 1541, Untrod Tripod wrote:nope it was just you
That moment I agree with you.
My god.

What has the game become?

Untrod Tripod
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Untrod Tripod
Fat and Sassy
Fat and Sassy

Post Post #1545 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Untrod Tripod »

you know maybe

just maybe

we could be friends if you'd just try to see things from my perspective
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #1546 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Dreamy is still the try hard newbie with stars in his eyes looking like a super csi for evey scumfrontery.

Versus these grizzled veterans who will shoot an rpg without missing a drag on their smoke
Show

Proud member of BaM
Double Trouble
Double Trouble
Goon
Double Trouble
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1547 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Double Trouble »

In post 1539, Wraith wrote:Okay this is kinda my problem with DT and townreading them at this point. Especially Mathlete-head.

They say stuff like this:
DT wrote: The only people with absolute knowledge as scum. Town assumes something and then see if it is reasonable scum fake it
Which is pretty town to me. But then they say something like this:
DT wrote: Little words like "given" generally hint at too much knowledge. It feels like buddying Titus because your reads are similar and completely disregard drealmerz' shitty opening and then to outright defending him.
Where I'm like "wat." Like I get opposing people who defend drealmerz. But FFS if you're scumreading Tammy at this point in the game you've either got some serious meta knowledge I'm not aware of or you're being dumb.
Ok, one more post.

The semantic cases aren't good. Like Math is going to likely post as they catch up, but I'd like them do that in the PT so I can help them. I do take major issue with your post here. You're seeming to imply that being wrong or having an unpopular read or a read you strongly disagree with is scummy. That's ridiculous. Your reads are fallible and just because someone has a read that's off and takes a unique approach doesn't make them scum. Ask why. Go deeper.

We'll always be a little unique, but that's just going to piss people off when you say that you're scummy or dumb for disagreeing. Try to reach consensus with people and figure out why before dismissing so handily. I know that Math is convinced of some slip (not persuasive to me), but the thread is naturally researching things and posts like this just cut things off. Unless Math is saying things that are blatantly untrue, let them go on. You are not in sole control of the game. If your reads are as right as you say, others will have to naturally carry on after you die. Stopping our investigative processes doesn't help.

~Titus
Wraith
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Wraith
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1548 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Wraith »

In post 1534, Toogeloo wrote:

Oh for god's sake I'm trying to go to sleep here but there's a sudden deluge of activity.

The scumlogic here is that the scum are a TEAM in communication while the town is a bunch of isolated islands. If was scum I would absolutely sacrifice a single teammate's draft pick to tie up any townies who tried to gamble hard, because if I gamble and win that's a huge win for the scumteam as a whole.

You can better afford to play it safe as scum because you have several more picks at your disposal that you can specifically coordinate. Town players have to individually pick in a vacuum against a team they know is in communication with each other.
Show

Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1549 (ISO) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 1545, Untrod Tripod wrote:you know maybe

just maybe

we could be friends if you'd just try to see things from my perspective
It would help if you post more than sarcastic replies for me to see a better perspective.
For instance, you implied I knew who you scum reads were, which I didn't know.

So if you can tell, I don't know where your head is.
Want to help me out?

Also, friends are for outside the games. Not inside.
If you want a friend inside a mafia game, go buddy it up with that loser Firebringer.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”