Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1200 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:58 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1196, aronagrundy wrote:But he did focus on me. He literally said in his catchup post that I was his only scumread.
In one of his temporary catchup posts - yes he did.
Then, as he saw the battle lines, he changed that viewpoint rather abruptly.
This still doesn't actually address the raised question of why you think scum would *not* focus on other available mislynches.
Also, if you seriously believe that he did focus on you (which I don't) - he's doing the thing you said scum would do, so...?
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1201 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:59 am

Post by Foxbird »

Votecount 2.17

Thor665
(3) - karnos, Fire Assassin, aronagrundy
LmkGuy
(1) - Lowell
Lowell
(2) - Saru, LmkGuy
bji
(3) - Nero Cain, Thor665, PenguinPower
Nero Cain
(2) - bji, ironstove

Not Voting
(0) - No one!

With
players eligible to vote, it’s
to lynch!

Day 2 will end in
(expired on 2016-11-11 12:47:28).

Mod Notes:

Searching a replacement for LmkGuy.
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1202 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:58 am

Post by karnos »

i'm sorry for my absence, cleaning house over the weekend and the impending election is eating up a lot of my time (I'm actually D Trump IRL).

VOTE: Thor
Lowell
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Lowell
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1203 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:31 am

Post by Lowell »

In post 1199, Saru wrote:
In post 1124, Lowell wrote: I saw the claim, but I don't understand what you think it means. You're saying your VT claim is so airtight that everyone just up and decided you must be town? To your points, I would say: (a) you were an even EASIER wagon since you were almost dead and claimed VT, (b) why move from a VT claim to an unknown lurker at the last minute?, and (c) who would have it in their interest to move to an unknown lurker over you (who can defend himself, as you say) at the last minute if you're town?

Basically, I don't see how the following narrative: "I almost got lynched right at deadline, claimed VT, then a powerwagon instantly formed on a lurker who can't defend himself" absolves you.
You also haven't explained how it makes me scum, now have you?

Interestingly enough, it seems you yourself don't think that the wagon forming on the lurker was done by any potential scum partners, even though you imply this over and over. You're voting for LMK, someone who wasn't even on the wagon, when you should be voting for either me or anyone who WAS on the wagon, if you're so sure I'm scum who got away D1. Care to list the people on the malp wagon who wanted to protect me from being lynched? Because I haven't seen you actually do that, rather, you've tried to implicate me using other people's actions, while not listing those people.

You also dodged my point about how no one really came to my defense while my wagon was forming. Why would my partners allow me to claim D1 (on top of that a VT claim, which is stupid for scum) instead of just offering even a LITTLE bit of resistance? Again, last thing scum wants is being pinned into a claim D1.
Your scumpartners waited for you to claim so there would be a pretense for unvoting and/or starting a new wagon, is what I'm saying. And LMK did defend you by trying to derail your wagon by casting a naked vote for someone with no chance of being lynched at deadline (me). I made this point when casting the vote. Honestly you're not even trying at this point. The main point is you had a wagon with time running out, you claimed VT, which miraculously saved you and strung up a lurker. Even the way you were talking "well, I guess I'm about to die" and all that stuff looks in hindsight like a total put-on.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1204 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:34 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1202, karnos wrote:i'm sorry for my absence, cleaning house over the weekend and the impending election is eating up a lot of my time (I'm actually D Trump IRL).

VOTE: Thor
I'm really not liking your tunneling behavior. We have three days left...what's your alternative wagon if Thor doesn't pan out?

What are your thoughts on bji?
karnos
karnos
Mafia Scum
karnos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1205 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:04 am

Post by karnos »

I dunno, need to do a full re-read of the last dozen pages. But my initial thought is his scum pool almost mirrors mine, so either I am WAY OFF, or we are both town.

In the crazy scenario where thor flips town, maybe Bji and Saru are scum, and someone else hiding under the radar. But I greatly prefer the scenario where Thor & nero are scum, because that is what my reads have been telling me.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1206 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 5:53 am

Post by bji »

At the risk of Karnos thinking that I'm just sheeping him, I will re-state that I will be happy to vote for Thor also, but I would like to wait to hear what some of the lurkers and replace-ins say.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1207 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:20 am

Post by Thor665 »

:neutral:
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1208 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Thor665 »

@Bji - and you've seen me derp run up on no case before.
Same verse, different alignment?
Yeah, not buying you believe that.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1209 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:40 am

Post by bji »

Ah so I checked the replacement requests forum, Foxbird has only requested a replace for LmkGuy, and I see that everyone else that Foxbird sent weekend prods for has posted here. So I guess we already have just about everyone who is going to contribute in here already.

So in the interest of trying to get things moving forward, let's step back and take a look at this game. Thor and myself are the two hottest wagons at the moment. And yet there are some players who are piddling around with wagons that clearly aren't going anywhere. I present to you: LmkGuy, Lowell, and Saru.

LmkGuy has a very bland ISO. One thing that caught my eye was post where he said "Maybe everyone should post a few reason why they want a certain person lynched", but then he doesn't actually follow through and provide "a few reason" why he wants anyone lynched. This is either very lazy scumhunting, or is an attempt to just kind of coast while looking like he is trying to scumhunt. I mean if you think that everyone posting some concise reasons for a vote is needed to get clarity in the game, why wouldn't you start out by doing it yourself? Unless you actually didn't care or didn't believe what you were saying?

That being said, his whole game reads as just lazy so it could just be that. Plus he's going to be replaced so I'd much rather see what his replacement says that relying on his ISO for evaluating his slot at this point.

Lowell has never voted anyone that I have a scum read on, while at the same time town reading me at every opportunity. He's so not present that he's been slipping under my radar but on re-read of his ISO and paying closer attention to his votes, I am getting a pretty icky feeling about him. He's also not given a single opinion about the Thor wagon or my wagon. Lowell - if you had to choose between me and Thor, who would you vote and why?

Saru is completely hung up on his fight with Lowell and is basically not interacting with the rest of the game, except to occasionally defend himself whenever anyone such as aronagrundy mentions him. If I recall he spent quite a bit of his time on Day 1 in a tit-for-tat with karnos. Saru -- do you have any plans to scumhunt any further than the person you happen to be in a fight with at the moment?

PEdit - Yes Thor I mislynched you in our only other game together. But I've already stated numerous times that I'm not going to let other games influence my decision making in this game. Unless and until I read every game you've ever played, and can evaluate all of your play instead of one example, I'm not going to look at just one example of your play and try to extrapolate anything from that. And besides, if you are a skilled player, and I believe you are, then your scum play should look just like your town play, and you do look pretty similar in this game as you did in the other. But of course, I'm not even factoring that into my case against you. But keep squirming, it's fun to watch ...
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1210 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:48 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1209, bji wrote:Yes Thor I mislynched you in our only other game together. But I've already stated numerous times that I'm not going to let other games influence my decision making in this game.
And the scum claims keep coming.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1211 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:49 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Agreed that today's lynch is between Thor and bji. The other players need to make a decision and hop on one of those wagons (hint: the correct wagon is bji).

Let's go.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1212 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:55 am

Post by bji »

Anyone else notice Thor trying to bait me into voting him so that everyone can become suspicious of my "sheeping" of karnos' votes?
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1213 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 am

Post by Thor665 »

It is blatantly obvious you're going to vote me eventually.
What I'm trying to point out to everyone is how you're aware this is a bad wagon - and your avoiding of it is a scum plot.
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1214 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:36 am

Post by bji »

In post 1213, Thor665 wrote:It is blatantly obvious you're going to vote me eventually.
What I'm trying to point out to everyone is how you're aware this is a bad wagon - and your avoiding of it is a scum plot.
Yes, I've already stated that you and Nero are my top two choices and the Nero wagon doesn't seem to have nearly as much support despite being my preferred wagon so ... we agree that I've already made this clear. I'm not avoiding the vote, I'm just keeping my vote on my top read until it's in town's best interest to move it, and not a moment sooner.

What plot anyway? What do you think I could possibly gain by "avoiding" a vote I have already expressed willingness to make?
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1215 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:38 am

Post by bji »

I mean, it's a nice pincer move and all ... try to goad me into voting Karnos and if I do, claim that I must be sheeping him because I keep moving my vote to match his, and then if I don't take the bait and refuse to vote him, claim that I am avoiding the vote and have a "scum plot".
bji
bji
Mafia Scum
bji
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1216 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:40 am

Post by bji »

Oh cripes I mistyped that. I meant "try to goad me into voting WITH Karnos", and also "don't take the bait and refust to vote YOU". See, you've got me all hot and bothered.
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1217 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:33 am

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1214, bji wrote:What plot anyway? What do you think I could possibly gain by "avoiding" a vote I have already expressed willingness to make?
I didn't say you were trying to avoid the vote.
I said you were trying to ignore evidence.
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1218 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:05 am

Post by ironstove »

What 'evidence'? I don't think you know what that word means.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1219 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:14 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Hey iron...if you weren't voting for Nero, who would you be voting?
ironstove
ironstove
Mafia Scum
ironstove
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1220 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:02 pm

Post by ironstove »

Thor
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1221 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Then you should probably hop on that. We need to start consolidating, and Nero ain't happening.

I would encourage you to, instead, join the bji wagon. We need to lynch scum in this game (if you're town).
Thor665
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Thor665
Papa Smurf
Papa Smurf

Post Post #1222 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Thor665 »

In post 1218, ironstove wrote:What 'evidence'? I don't think you know what that word means.
Do you even lift?

Here's a fun game for you to show my evidence; describe the case on me in three sentences or less.
I'll wait.
For nothing.
Then you'll claim there is no evidence for my point about how there is no case on me.
:roll:
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1223 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 8:42 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I woke up this morning and my throat was sore and I wasn't worried about it but by the time I got back from lunch I had felt even worse. So I've just been resting today. I don't think/hope I'm not coming down with anything but I just wanted to let ppl know whats going on.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Foxbird
Foxbird
Goon
Foxbird
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1224 (ISO) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:01 pm

Post by Foxbird »

I suppose I'll bump this.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”