Mafia Scum
MiniDeathStar
she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:12 am

Post by MiniDeathStar »

In post 647, Creature wrote:Are you sure you're not attacking mislynch baits?
No. How can I be sure?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:21 am

Post by Kop »

In post 644, Creature wrote:What if I am right?
Then your right, but your not really providing a substantial case to show that confidence. You've given posts saying what you think, but not backing it up, so why should we believe you?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:29 am

Post by Kop »

In post 585, Gamma Emerald wrote:I like TwiszTed's attempts at sorting the game.
Ted throws some shade towards gamma, gamma explains himself in post #584, then sucks up to him within the next post (#585).

This is strikingly aimed at buttering him up to appease him, in my eyes.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:33 am

Post by Kop »

In post 559, Gamma Emerald wrote:Really?
First post is a trigger of the Amished tell?
What is a amished tell?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:11 am

Post by Kop »

In post 504, Charloux wrote:
In post 502, lane0168 wrote:Two games in a row I caught scum and they went the "lol" route.
Two games in a row you were scumreading me, and you were wrong. Actually, the second one was fake nvm.
Why would you make a statement about him being wrong, then change your stance at the end of that statement? You could have left it at the one, surely?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:14 am

Post by Kop »

In post 508, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 505, lane0168 wrote:
In post 331, Charloux wrote:@MDS:I don't want to associate with gamma, and one of us will die soon enough. I will keep my read on klingon for a little bit.
Are they bad though gamma? Why would someone not want to associate with you? Why would someone want to distance themselves from someone else day 1?
I don't know why, and he won't explain. Meanwhile the Charloux wagon is made of one person, and that person is someone I don't trust rn.
In post 510, Gamma Emerald wrote:Oh
That makes a lot of sense
Also, I'm much more comfortable voting for Charloux now
VOTE: Charloux
I don't like these two posts. In fact they suck.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:19 am

Post by Kop »

In post 554, lane0168 wrote:
In post 543, Spade_Ace wrote:
In post 531, lane0168 wrote:
In post 527, Gamma Emerald wrote:BTW I never intended to let myself get lynched
Nice, empty threat, all for show. What was the point?
If you didn't know the point, why did you join the wagon???
Cause I want gamma dead. Maybe you should be asking, if gamma didn't know the point, why did he start it? It was all for show. Scum like to vote themselves to show people they aren't concerned about dying. It's an act
I can get behind this. I've seen plenty of self voting, and it's been majority coming from scum.

Only bad town self vote, because they don't believe in there own ability to convince others that they are town. I've done it a few times, but I've learnt that self voting does nothing but push your own lynch further, rather than stopping it.

I don't know what Gamma was aiming to achieve other than proving if Charloux would hammer or not. But that wouldn't prove what alignment either are. If Charloux hammered Gamma, where would be left off? We would push for charloux, and if he flips town, then we aren't no further forward of finding scum. The whole charade stunk, and never really gave a bigger picture to what it was set out to achieve.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Kop »

In post 556, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Cause I want gamma dead. Maybe you should be asking, if gamma didn't know the point, why did he start it? It was all for show. Scum like to vote themselves to show people they aren't concerned about dying. It's an act
I wanted to see not just who would vote but how people reacted.
Creature's reaction was not towny-feeling to me. Felt like he was trying to preempt the situation.
So if you believe Creatures reaction wasn't towny feeling, why didn't you vote for him in this post?
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Creature »

Thought he already did before.
Sigh
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Kop »

In post 659, Creature wrote:Thought he already did before.
Yeah, he's voted for him three times I believe, but the other two were early game. His votes have been sprayed all over.

I didn't understand how he didn't look like he wanted to go back to Charloux because he didn't trust the person who was already on that wagon, then charloux posts towards him, and then Gamma has a change of heart and votes him. It didn't really take him much persuasion to rejoin that wagon.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:14 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 636, MiniDeathStar wrote:I would spontaneously ovulate if Ted replaced Transcend every game. :mrgreen:

*cough* Anyway. He's either too good at this or he's town and I read Fountain wrong. In either case, I think I'll remove him from my scum pile for now. There definitely are better candidates for his spot.
TwiszTed wrote:
In post 623, Klingoncelt wrote:She says if I'm right I get no % of the credit. I say but if I'm wrong I bet I get 100% of the blame.

Why are you having problems with context?
I'm just fine on context. The only one talking about 100% of the blame is you.

Just because it comes out of your mouth doesn't mean it originated from
her
head.

Now who's the one struggling with context?
Since this became a thing, I just want to clarify what I meant by credit. Klingon has been scumreading Fountain since page 1, for absolutely terrible reasons, but she's 100% sure she's nailed the scum team. I was saying that even if Fountain/Ted turned out to be scum, Klingon shouldn't credit herself with amazing scumhunting, since she couldn't have known for sure that early and for that reason. It would just be pure luck.

Basically I was just trying to avoid letting her boost her own ego for that lynch if it turned out to be correct.

When it takes 7 to lynch, I wouldn't 100% blame a mislynch on one single person.
Why are you concerned about klingons ego and what happens to it? Just explain one more time why you care so gets or takes credit?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:22 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 657, Kop wrote:
I can get behind this. I've seen plenty of self voting, and it's been majority coming from scum.

Only bad town self vote, because they don't believe in there own ability to convince others that they are town. I've done it a few times, but I've learnt that self voting does nothing but push your own lynch further, rather than stopping it.

I don't know what Gamma was aiming to achieve other than proving if Charloux would hammer or not. But that wouldn't prove what alignment either are.
If Charloux hammered Gamma, where would be left off? We would push for charloux, and if he flips town, then we aren't no further forward of finding scum.
The whole charade stunk, and never really gave a bigger picture to what it was set out to achieve.
Why would we push for Charloux? I would, cause I think they're partners (more like possible as opposed to probable for me as of now) but you seem to be telling us gamma is going to flip town.
TwiszTed
TwiszTed
Goon
TwiszTed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:24 am

Post by TwiszTed »

In post 662, lane0168 wrote:you seem to be telling us gamma is going to flip town.
You should have asked for his read of Gamma before that reveal, because he's been throwing shade on Gamma lately.
Keep your posts green
Don't let me see red
Cuz when I get meen
Scum be getting ded
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Kop »

In post 662, lane0168 wrote:
In post 657, Kop wrote:

I don't know what Gamma was aiming to achieve other than proving if Charloux would hammer or not.
But that wouldn't prove what alignment either are
If Charloux hammered Gamma, where would be left off? We would push for charloux, and if he flips town, then we aren't no further forward of finding scum.
The whole charade stunk, and never really gave a bigger picture to what it was set out to achieve.
Why would we push for Charloux? I would, cause I think they're partners (more like possible as opposed to probable for me as of now) but you seem to be telling us gamma is going to flip town.
Nice of you to not bold the bit that I've put in italics.

And nice of you to also ignore the if's.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:54 am

Post by Kop »

I don't know what Gamma was aiming to achieve other than proving if Charloux would hammer or not.
But that wouldn't prove what alignment either are.
If Charloux hammered Gamma, where would be left off? We would push for charloux, and if he flips town, then we aren't no further forward of finding scum. The whole charade stunk, and never really gave a bigger picture to what it was set out to achieve.
I'll bold that bit to make it a bit more clearer for you.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
alban
alban
Mafia Scum
alban
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:36 am

Post by alban »

I am starting my analysis with Bang and Spade whom I know well enough to analyse their playing styles in detail.

Bang
, I have two major problems with your playing style this game.

1. You are questioning more than you are committing.
You still haven't voted
. Right? Why? Let me paraphrase Mini's question to me, and ask you whom will you vote at this juncture? You seem to have a problem with players like Fountain who give verdicts but don't give enough reason for it. Your problem seems to be the opposite. You give reason why someone is suspicious, but don't give a verdict.

2. You have posed many pertinent questions, but I think there's
literally zero follow-up
. My suggestion for you is to commit to the most suspicious person and follow him till a point where you can either strike them off the list or vote for them.

Despite this, I have a
townread
on you.

--

Spade
, there are some major problems with you this game.
You are definitely
playing a different game
. You are more defensive and less inquisitive. You talk only when talked to. Also, you start talking when you notice someone is suspecting you. Overall, I feel you have
given up
already. On one hand, I feel that this is the town you, not understanding how to handle this inflow of complex and quality posts. On the other hand, I also think even if you are scum, you would probably behave the same. Your inactivity, defensive posts and lack of interrogating others could come from both a helpless town or a helpless scum. The longer you go without a useful post, the more suspicious I become of you. You are not appearing non-chalant. You are appearing clueless.

More specifically, I don't like both your posts with reads and . I feel you are trying extra hard to dispense off reads. Sure you are commenting on how they are playing, but it's more IIoA. It's weird that your wall of reads come before you start questioning. I think all the real chunk of questioning you have done has happened later.

I don't like your too, where you mention "I have no issues in being lynched if you have some good conviction to back it up..." I don't think a townie uses that line of logic. Right now, you are the only player who knows who you are, unless you are a scum. How can you use such an
emotional argument
rather than a rational one? In my experience, scum tend to make more emotional arguments. But who knows? Maybe you felt cornered? I don't see the reason why though. Explain please. This brings me to a related topic. You seem to be repeatedly at L-3 or 4. Why aren't we hearing any explanation of offence mounted from your side?

Another small point. I didn't like and you providing a reason for Gamma. He gives the same logic later, if you noticed. If he is scum and you are town, aren't you giving him readymade points for their defence?

I think you are
quite likely to be a scum
. I will be waiting for your reply.

btw, what's your opinion of Bang?
lane0168
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
lane0168
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:58 am

Post by lane0168 »

In post 665, Kop wrote:
If Charloux hammered Gamma, where would be left off? We would push for charloux, and if he flips town, then we aren't no further forward of finding scum. The whole charade stunk, and never really gave a bigger picture to what it was set out to achieve.
Well it would prove what alignment gamma was when gamma was lynched. And there was no if "if Charloux hammered gamma... We would push for Charloux"

Why would we push for Charloux if he hammered gamma?
Kop
Kop
Mafia Scum
Kop
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:09 am

Post by Kop »

In post 667, lane0168 wrote:
In post 665, Kop wrote:
Well it would prove what alignment gamma was when gamma was lynched. And there was no if "if Charloux hammered gamma... We would push for Charloux"

Why would we push for Charloux if he hammered gamma?
Because the whole charade looks bad now as it is, but it would look worse if Gamma flipped town, if he flips scum, then it would look less worse than it does. But I might need to look back at it, but I didn't see a good enough reason to why Charloux wanted Gamma lynched, and if he suceeded his lynch on gamma, we, or a minority, whatever, would look at Charloux.
You'll Never Walk Alone!
Spade_Ace
Spade_Ace
Goon
Spade_Ace
Goon
Goon

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Spade_Ace »

In post 666, alban wrote:
Spade
, there are some major problems with you this game.
You are definitely
playing a different game
True.
You are more defensive and less inquisitive.
True.
You talk only when talked to. Also, you start talking when you notice someone is suspecting you. Overall, I feel you have
given up
already.
Given up, no. Less enthusiastic, yes.
On one hand, I feel that this is the town you, not understanding how to handle this inflow of complex and quality posts.
Complex in the sense am having a hard time getting good reads on anyone. Quality yet to make up my mind.
On the other hand, I also think even if you are scum, you would probably behave the same.
True.
. Your inactivity, defensive posts and lack of interrogating others could come from both a helpless town or a helpless scum.
Helpless, don't know.
The longer you go without a useful post, the more suspicious I become of you. You are not appearing non-chalant. You are appearing clueless.

More specifically, I don't like both your posts with reads and . I feel you are trying extra hard to dispense off reads. Sure you are commenting on how they are playing, but it's more IIoA. It's weird that your wall of reads come before you start questioning. I think all the real chunk of questioning you have done has happened later.
Could be true.

I don't like your too, where you mention "I have no issues in being lynched if you have some good conviction to back it up..."
Please don't make me spell it out for you. Think what sort of a villager says the first part of that sentence.
I don't think a townie uses that line of logic. Right now, you are the only player who knows who you are, unless you are a scum. How can you use such an
emotional argument
rather than a rational one? In my experience, scum tend to make more emotional arguments. But who knows? Maybe you felt cornered? I don't see the reason why though. Explain please. This brings me to a related topic. You seem to be repeatedly at L-3 or 4.
Really???....I thought I was never at L-3 or 4. And ryt now I believe MDS is the only one voting against me.
Why aren't we hearing any explanation of offence mounted from your side?

Another small point. I didn't like and you providing a reason for Gamma. He gives the same logic later, if you noticed. If he is scum and you are town
Am not yet convinced he is scum. And MDS mentioned gamma hadn't answered her question twice. So was just writing down my understanding of what happened
, aren't you giving him readymade points for their defence?

I think you are
quite likely to be a scum
Am not.
. I will be waiting for your reply.

btw, what's your opinion of Bang?
He is probably town. A difference that I have noticed from his usual style of play is that he is more focused on the questions as compared to the long essay like explanations we are familiar with. Maybe cos of the higher number of players
TwiszTed
TwiszTed
Goon
TwiszTed
Goon
Goon

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 10:05 am

Post by TwiszTed »

I'm almost willing to lynch you solely because you are replying to that wall:

1) inline; and
2) with green text
Keep your posts green
Don't let me see red
Cuz when I get meen
Scum be getting ded
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 614, lane0168 wrote:
In post 608, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 604, lane0168 wrote:
In post 593, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 592, TwiszTed wrote:Alban, Tiger Moth, Creature < happy lynching in here thus far.
This is actually a half decent scum list.
Considering it contains zero of your own scum reads? Wtf?
My scumreads have been listed as what I felt was relevant.
I havent bothered to parse my reads at all.
I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. What is half decent about his reads list?
Alban and Creature are good
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 635, Creature wrote:
TwistFed

Don't you think it's scummy Transcend townread me even though I haven't posted much?
This is bad
You do know Twiz replaced FOD(Transcend), right?
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Creature
Creature
Solve This Game
Creature
Solve This Game
Solve This Game

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:33 am

Post by Creature »

I know.
Sigh
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Creature
THIS IS SCUM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Open Games”