Song Contest 100 (Results posted!)

This forum is for discussion about anything else.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Parama »

I'm only 2nd on number of entries huh. Guess that's because of cuts. Poro had cut immunity :B

No clue what to enter but it's gonna be good. Something 10/10.
Show
Ever wanted a playlist full of a lot of music I really dig? Here you go.

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

I basically post like I'm always on twitter, ignore my spamminess.
Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #10 (isolation #1) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Parama »

sounds promising, is your favorite band tool :V
Show

RateYourMusic page because song contests are like the only reason I'm still here.

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (isolation #2) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Parama »

Lateralus is pretty solid and the first half of 10,000 Days is solid too but the back half is soooo boring
and their angrier earlier stuff never appealed to me
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #16 (isolation #3) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Parama »

since i could hold my head up high
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #29 (isolation #4) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Parama »

happy birthday psyche
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #39 (isolation #5) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:07 am

Post by Parama »

it depends. is it metalcore
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #44 (isolation #6) » Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Post by Parama »

maybe one day I'll "get" classical
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Parama »

which
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:02 am

Post by Parama »

probably :P
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #63 (isolation #9) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:38 am

Post by Parama »

oh wow I need to enter still
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #65 (isolation #10) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:22 pm

Post by Parama »

do i enter proggy metal that nobody will like or straightforward rock that someone might like
both are 10/10 emotional powerhouses imo so it barely matters and i wanna enter the former but i also wanna enter the latter
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #68 (isolation #11) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Parama »

actually i should submit a really long song for the lolz :V
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #70 (isolation #12) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:14 pm

Post by Parama »

where did you get the impression i don't listen to the songs, because barring maybe one or two songs a contest i absolutely can't stand i listen to everything and then usually at least half of them a second time, and the ones i don't finish i usually listen until at least the halfway point
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #73 (isolation #13) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:22 pm

Post by Parama »

went ahead and sent the safer entry. i'll save the less sc-friendly one for a later date.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #77 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:34 am

Post by Parama »

i remember the rabble days
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #83 (isolation #15) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:13 am

Post by Parama »

rabble all day and rabble all night
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #85 (isolation #16) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Parama »

knuckles made of rabble
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #91 (isolation #17) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Parama »

beggars is almost unfair to give points to considering that's like one of my favorite albums ever

Vicarious is also a song I've known for roughly forever sooo
maybe they'll get 2 and 1 points

I hear a slowdive song recently that I dug, golden hair, but the rest of their stuff I've checked out kinda bored me
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #93 (isolation #18) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Parama »

seriously though who is Belize I wanna hi-five you
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #108 (isolation #19) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 11:02 am

Post by Parama »

well, i disagree with your opinions :P
(also it's "jesus was a poor boy")
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #115 (isolation #20) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:40 pm

Post by Parama »

slightly revised my scale, alright

Scotland – What better way to start out this whole disaster than with a very standard indie rock song. Like whoa. Groundbreaking. Not a fan of these vocals really. Musically it’s fine though. The guitar lines are solid and the drums drive a mood well. But I mean. This is just nothing special in any real way. (AVERAGE)

Republic of Kugelmugel – Spotify’s player thing is so annoying to try and make work because it almost never does, I have to go in and manually search the song to get it to play. So now I’m already annoyed to begin with. And uhh. Why does he sound like he’s half-asleep and slurring all his words. I know that’s like. The prevalent sound of mainstream r&b and hiphop but I was under the impression this guy was critically popular but no he sounds kind of like everyone else. A bit more alive. He can actually sing worth a damn but the slurry voice thing isn’t helping. There’s this weird instrumental bit in the middle that’s kind of cool though? And then it’s a completely different song after. Okay. (AVERAGE)

Mongolia – The violin work on this is pretty cool, obviously. But I’m not sure there’s much else I like about this. The generic trap beat, the samples playing loudly over the music. It’s either or with the two and while I guess I prefer the beat to the samples I’m bothered by both. I get that the message is half the point of this but that’s not what I’m looking for in my music. I’d probably willingly revisit this one though, at the very least, despite being bothered by some of the elements here. (DECENT)

Albania – I tried listening to this album like two or so weeks ago I think. I found it pleasant but a bit boring to sit through and ended up turning it off like halfway. And that’s, uhh, basically how I feel about this. It’s pleasant. But doesn’t really have… qualities. It’s impressively featureless. Lacking in any real sense of dynamics or any real twists or turns. It just hits on “warm, textured music” for four minutes and then it goes away. And I mean, I can’t really dislike it, but it’s not that compelling either. (DECENT)

Portugal – I’ve heard this song like literally a hundred times. But I only got this album earlier this year. Album sucks overall tbh. First four tracks are good, the rest is boring as piss. I’d say the title track and this track make the album worth listening to, but it’s far from the quality of Lateralus, and I just can’t stomach the ugly anger of anything before that in their discography. Did not relisten to this obviously because I know exactly where it goes. (GOOD)

The Federated States of Micronesia – Well, uhh, folky acoustic stuff isn’t what I’d expect Chris Cornell to be making. Okay. I mean, it’s fine enough. His voice is a little weird for it. But the instrumentation is actually pretty lush in a pleasant way and it does kind of have a rock edge to it, though it’s understated. Huh. Actually liking this more than I’d expect to, really, it’s pretty solid. (DECENT)

Uzbekistan – Okay but what’s up with the music on this song? It’s just, an absolute mess. Nothing connects together, the random voice samples, the xylophone-esque synths, the percussion even feels like it’s out of sync with itself slightly. Nothing works together. Oh yeah, and it’s rap, so yeah. (BAD)

Burkina Faso – I uhh. Don’t really know what to make of this at all. This also feels a bit like a jumbled mess of whatever and a half. The percussion is kind of cool at first but mostly unchanging, there’s a lot of layers of noise going on that build to… an atmosphere that exists, the bright bouncy bass plays off the percussion well, but… none of this really sounds pleasant to my ears. There’s like. A disconnect between the percussion + bass and the rest of the song that I can’t get past. (MEDIOCRE)

Greece – Is it just me or is the music on this just, the most generic thing ever? Like, for real. I can’t think of an element of the music here that’s remotely original. The vocals are decent, I suppose, and they fit in, but it’s just… really boring… I mean no I guess I don’t dislike it but that’s because there’s not enough here to be worth disliking. (AVERAGE)

Mali – This is a nice chill song that evolves into a much more upbeat song and I somehow didn’t really notice it happening. It’s like, the kind of electronic song that would be pretty cool on its own, except it’s not really an electronic piece at all, a lot of interesting instrumentation going on here. It’s not really “quirky” in any way either, in that everything feels like it fits naturally together. I wouldn’t say it has any real strong hook or anything really grabbing me about it but I mean I like it. (DECENT)
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #118 (isolation #21) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by Parama »

drk. this is why you don't listen to all the songs in a row dude. i don't understand how anyone can do that and get good impressions of all the songs tbh
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #120 (isolation #22) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Parama »

Serbia – The image makes this look like a film score song which is a bit unfair since I’m fairly certain it isn’t. And you can kind of tell anyways since this actually does a pretty decent job standing on its own as a song, albeit a decently long one. I don’t feel it ever really builds to anything, just kind of meanders on for a while, but, it’s definitely pleasant. (DECENT)

Iceland – I just adore everything about this song, but it took a fair number of listens for it to really click with me so I’m sure it’ll bomb hardcore here. But whatever. Devin is such a powerful singer and this is one of his best moments, and this song is also ridiculously catchy to boot. The only minor nitpick I have with this track is that once it hits its climax near the end it doesn’t really seem to know where to go next after that, but I mean, I still enjoy where it does go. It’s a really straightforward but powerful track. I’m gonna have to enter something really wacky from Devin next time I send him (I will, I promise) to offset this.

Hungary – I can’t really place my finger on why but I just really don’t like this at all. The synth sound, something about the timbre of the singer’s voice, just this… unsettling atmosphere throughout that feels… wrong contrasting with the peppy guitars and drums. It’s inoffensive, I guess, and probably pretty forgettable in the long run, but I can’t really name any positive qualities about it, just stuff I dislike. (MEDIOCRE)

Cote D’Ivoire – 90% sure I’ve heard this one before but I’ll need to relisten to be sure so eehh. Nightwish have always been a band that… I just enjoy. I can see the appeal. Symphonic metal with a solid female lead. It’s a formula that works. They’re like, the stereotype that everyone tries to copy. And maybe that’s exactly the problem I have with them, they tend to come off as a bit flavorless and it can be a struggle to really differentiate any of their songs sometimes. Anyways now to actually talk about the song itself. I like the atmosphere the song sets up at the start. By the middle of the track it’s kind of lost me, it’s just devolved into “the same old Nightwish song”. There’s a progressive edge to this that keeps it from getting boring at least, they’re not doing the same stuff over and over or anything, but they’re not really straying too far into adventurous territory either. Uhh and the song just kind of. Ends. Was there supposed to be a climax to that because it sure doesn’t sound like it to me. Alright. Yeah, not really feeling this, but I mean, it’s still at least a metal song so it’s hard for me to give it lower than (DECENT)

Bhutan – Holy christ is this just the “super long songs” set I accidentally rolled. Geez. As tends to be the case with jazz I find this pleasant enough and I can appreciate the proficiency of the musicianship but I just. Don’t get much out of it. Would I take it over the rest of the songs so far in this set? Ehh, most of them, I suppose. There’s a decent climax this builds to as well, it doesn’t seem as aimless or meandering as a lot of jazz. I can dig it, to an extent. (DECENT)

China – Ahh… yeah, I don’t like those screechy vocals nor do I like the plucky guitar in direct contrast to them. It’s very… eugh. Just eugh. Unpleasant. There’s at least an okay energy to this but it’s not enough to really save the rest of the song. I really, vehemently do not like that guitar line though, yeah, ugh. (BAD)

Spain – This started off pretty solid but when the vocals came in I was just…. eugh. And whatever’s happening at the very end there is just a bit too dissonant and chaotic in an unpleasant way, at least for me. I like some of this and dislike the rest of it. But it’s like, not awful. (AVERAGE)

Ukraine – It’s a bright, peppy track. I’ve heard many tracks like it. I will probably hear more tracks like it in the future. But I mean, it’s fine. (AVERAGE)

Pleasant Island – Feels like it takes its time to really get going and when it does it’s a bit underwhelming. I guess first and foremost I’m not a fan of these vocals. I can’t really put my finger on why. And the entire song feels… stiff. The acoustic guitars feel lifeless, the distorted riff feels too calculated and the tone feels a bit mechanical. The drums sound like they could’ve been generated for as little that’s going on there. The more I think about this the less I like about it honestly. (MEDIOCRE)

Australia – A nice amount of texture here. I don’t mind that main bass/guitar line but if I had to listen to this a few more times I’m sure I’d hate it. Also feels like this goes on for a good minute too long, even if that last minute is the best part of the song. It’s got a decent groove to it though. It’s fine, if a bit unmemorable. (AVERAGE)

Canada – Generally this sounds fine, I guess. A nice laidback vibe, some pleasant though not especially unique vocals. Not a fan of the rapping but what else is new. On the other hand I can’t really say there’s much here that makes me want to come back. The music is fairly unchanging over the song’s runtime, the hook is decent but not that strong, and it overstays its welcome a little. Just a “fine” song but nothing particularly compelling in any way. (AVERAGE)

the long songs at the start kind of sapped my energy for the songs later on but i don't think my opinion on them would've changed much anyways
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #125 (isolation #23) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:51 am

Post by Parama »

4 pods of 10 bro
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #129 (isolation #24) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Parama »

heck yeh
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (isolation #25) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:32 am

Post by Parama »

rip Thrice :<
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #133 (isolation #26) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:53 am

Post by Parama »

defeated probably
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #140 (isolation #27) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Parama »

why put it in the hat in the first place. that's a waste of a perfectly good scrap of paper
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #142 (isolation #28) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Parama »

Hong Kong – Hey look it’s rap. Hey look it’s my interest immediately dropping. This guy sounds like his entire mouth is numb though like seriously. It’s like he’s chewing on his tongue. It’s like he has a really bad cold. It’s like. He just sounds awful. The music trying to be cinematic and epic in the background only really makes it worse because it makes the mushmouth vocals sound even worse by comparison. This would probably be a decent if a bit unmemorable film score track if not for the awful vocals. (BAD)

Philippines – She’s a fine enough singer and this is a fine enough piano ballad. A bit predictable but it all just sounds pretty solid. I like the guitar presence and tiny little solo too. Vaguely sounds like it’s trying to capture a 70’s rock ballad feel I guess. I’m fine with this, probably won’t remember it, but it’s nice. (DECENT)

Afghanistan – The bass kick has about as much power as lightly thumping on a pillow with your elbow. That’s about what it sounds like. It’s loud, louder than it has any right to be, but there’s just no punch to it. The drum sound in general I don’t really like but that bass kick definitely stands out as pretty terrible. I do like most everything else about this though really. There’s a nice chill atmosphere and the synths are decently textured, and the vocals fit right in. Honestly if the drums sounded better this would be a pretty cool chill tune but as they are they’re just, really distracting. (AVERAGE)

Germany – They damn well should’ve. Everything I’ve seen about the decade suggests this was the equivalent to a cultural toxic waste dump. Anyways this song is trying to sound like a generic 80’s pop song, which it pulls off decently well. So it sucks, basically. There’s really nothing more to say. (BAD)

Sahrawi Arab Democratic Republic – Just looking at the image for this one makes me want to die. And the title is even worse. And then the song starts and I want to die even more. This sounds like, to put it bluntly, garbage. Just everything about it. Awful. I lasted 45 seconds. I don’t need to see any more. (DID NOT FINISH)

USA – Everyone has been saying their new album is pretty good. I don’t listen to these guys though really. I did not know there was any point in their career where they had harsh vocals. Production sounds like trash though. Super muddy and thin. Dunno. Not into their newer stuff but I don’t see myself getting into their older stuff evil if it sounds like this. Ain’t awful really. Just pretty normal-sounding with bad production. Maybe one or two bits that are kind of cool I guess. Meh. (AVERAGE)

Egypt – The most interesting thing about this was the vocal rhythms, which provide a swingy sound to a song that otherwise sounds very flat and straightforward. And… it’s interesting, but I’m not quite sure it works. There’s just a disconnect somewhere. Everything else about this song is just generic pop stuff that I’ve heard before. Her voice is fine but nothing special, same with the music, it’s just not very engaging on the whole. (MEDIOCRE)

Estonia – Well I’m sure we already know how this is going to turn out. Is it called organized confusion because he refuses to have any sort of meter going on at all. It’s cool that you can rap in a wide variety of rhythms but if you change it up every second it basically ends up sounding like you’re rambling incoherently over a beat. And the beat is boring but that’s no shocker. Yeah this does sound exactly like a mess. Good job. Acknowledging that it’s a mess doesn’t make it any less of a mess. (BAD)

Belize – Uhh, well, this is one of the best tracks on one of my favorite albums ever. (GOOD)

Isle of Man – Pleasant enough sound to this but it’s a bit cheesy and a bit hard to stomach honestly. Music this aggressively peppy and cheery just doesn’t do much for me. I don’t mind listening to it I guess and it’s a little fun but it’s just… not for me. Seems well-written enough though and there’s a decent amount going on in the instrumentation to keep it interesting at the very least. (MEDIOCRE)

this has been a really dire contest thus far in terms of "things i would want to come back to"
like, the two songs out of thirty i've given "good" are the two i already knew beforehand lol
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #144 (isolation #29) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 6:03 pm

Post by Parama »

are you aware of how bass drum is played on a standard drum kit
but i probably should've just said bass drum but whatever
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #146 (isolation #30) » Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:48 pm

Post by Parama »

frequently referred to as a kick pedal, and the bass drum is frequently referred to as the kick drum.
i don't know why it's called a kick pedal or kick drum when you don't kick it, but that's just common terminology dude.
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #158 (isolation #31) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by Parama »

South Korea – You are aware Kim Jong-Il was the leader of North Korea, right? Is that the joke? Anyways I mean this sounds fine enough but it’s also an anthem for a communist and generally terrible person. So. (BAD)

India – This is like the quintessential Pala entry. So not really surprising. But it is pretty cool to listen to. The instrumentation has enough of a foreign feel to it while still being fairly accessible, and is generally pretty vibrant. It’s varied enough to avoid being boring too. Wouldn’t say I love it or anything but it’s definitely pleasant enough. Maybe it’ll grow on me with a relisten. (DECENT)

Finland – It’s a nice classical piece, I guess. I’m just, not into solo piano stuff like this at all. Nothing else to say. (AVERAGE)

Tajikistan – Nice edgy band name you got there. I’m sure your parents would be proud. Oh and when this finally kicks in it’s just stupid breakcore nonsense. That’s great. Yeah, lost me about 20 seconds after that. (DID NOT FINISH)

Central African Republic – Well yeah this looks like another really long one. And ehh. What really do you want me to say about this. It’s a kind of drawn out psychedelic jam sort of affair. It’s okay but not something I’m likely to want to return to. There’s some decent moments here though I suppose. Given the quality of this contest so far this will likely get decent points just for being pretty okay, but. I dunno. (DECENT)

Greenland – I mean, it’s alright enough. Has decent energy to it and at least feels like it has a little personality to it, but it’s still a kind of straightforward indie rock song that I’ll probably forget in a week. But, okay. (DECENT)

Macedonia – I really don’t know what to say about this. It’s a nice, chill, well-textured little track and I find it really pleasant. Uhh. That’s about it. (GOOD)

Chad – I actually listened through this twice just now because after one listen I had no clue what my feelings on it were. And I still don’t. It’s just. Fine, but kind of standard post-hardcore. Nothing really stands out negative or positive. It’s okay, I guess. (DECENT)

Latvia – I get the feeling I’m just completely burned out at this point because this also is just. Very there. It sounds fine enough but doesn’t grab me in any real way. (AVERAGE)

Uruguay – This just feels like a really good way to end a 40-song contest. I don’t generally like chiptune stuff but it’s minimal here and only used as an element in the song. And it’s a pretty straightforward rock song otherwise, though I quite like how it builds up in the start and the chorus is pretty strong. Yeah, just generally good vibes coming off this one honestly. (GOOD)

this generally felt like a better set of songs but maybe it's because i've just stopped caring at this point
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #167 (isolation #32) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:37 am

Post by Parama »

Devin Townsend is very prolific yeah
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #173 (isolation #33) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Parama »

how is davsto only 16
i wish my music taste was that good at 16
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #178 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 7:30 am

Post by Parama »

In post 173, Parama wrote:how is davsto only 16
i wish my music taste was that good at 16
this is going to be really funny in about three days since I ended up not giving points to davsto despite how dire this contest was
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #180 (isolation #35) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Parama »

ok pal d(''d)
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #182 (isolation #36) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:01 am

Post by Parama »

hey there guy
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (isolation #37) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Parama »

I'm gonna submit something shorter next time, there were way too many long songs this contest
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #193 (isolation #38) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:52 am

Post by Parama »

KuroiXHF which are you
Also the songs I dig the most tend to be like 7-10 minutes long so I'm okay with long songs but honestly a lot of the longest ones here didn't interest me much, I think Bhutan was the only one that got points
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #197 (isolation #39) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Parama »

ooohhh that one

also personally I tend to like metal but the contest as a whole doesn't seem to favor it, yet
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (isolation #40) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Parama »

yeah don't do that kraska might as well just not vote and take the ban
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (isolation #41) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:36 am

Post by Parama »

poro, i listened all the way through 37 of the 41 songs this contest (three of them i already knew, including my own, and the fourth was so godawful i couldn't finish it), and about half of them a second time. so shut the hell up?
where the hell did you ever get the impression that i don't listen through all the songs anyways?
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (isolation #42) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:00 pm

Post by Parama »

the rabble has begun
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 4:51 pm

Post by Parama »

Spoiler: the answer
rabble
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #224 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 7:28 pm

Post by Parama »

i have no clue who spray is and can't recall the song at all but i am glad a smiling hedgehog has returned
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #226 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:31 pm

Post by Parama »

which will come first, results or the next tool album
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #230 (isolation #46) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:36 am

Post by Parama »

i don't think i ever did that poro
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (isolation #47) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Parama »

rather disappointing that one of the best songs I've ever sent in song contests is like my lowest scoring entry in a long time but whatever
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (isolation #48) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Parama »

what was Mongolia anyways

oh that one

Eeehhhh
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (isolation #49) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Parama »

it's like you never died
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #277 (isolation #50) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Parama »

if you're talking about your song this contest it was just so unremarkable in every facet that I'm still not sure what I think about it sorry
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #281 (isolation #51) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Parama »

it's the vocal minority complaining most likely
I mean the only contest I've ever won was one where I sent death metal so I don't think that many people are vehemently against harsh vocals
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (isolation #52) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:35 am

Post by Parama »

that's literally what I just said yes :P
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Parama
Parama
Survivor
Parama
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Parama »

Maybe I just suck :P
Show

GET TO KNOW ME

Return to “General Discussion”