Newbie 1758 - Symmetry (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:42 am

Post by Loopdan »

I'm starting to like Snoopy more.

UNVOTE: Sobolev

VOTE: Josh

@Psyche - Why aren't you voting?
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Loopdan »

In post 121, Joshz wrote:Unvote
VOTE: howard

Look at his iso. First of all, I take the lack of reply as agreement that my wagon is fucking awful. He is putting an easy vote that feigns involvement and asks 2 mediocre questions. That's it. He's an se, and that's all we have from him? 2 posts and really only 1, which isn't even a good 1? Come on.
I disagree that his questions were mediocre. The game had just started, and nothing had really happened.

I also think your freak-out about being hammered, when you only had two votes on you, could be alignment telling.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Psyche »

have you played mafia somewhere else joshz
You can't step in the same river twice.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:57 am

Post by Joshz »

In post 151, Loopdan wrote:
In post 121, Joshz wrote:Unvote
VOTE: howard

Look at his iso. First of all, I take the lack of reply as agreement that my wagon is fucking awful. He is putting an easy vote that feigns involvement and asks 2 mediocre questions. That's it. He's an se, and that's all we have from him? 2 posts and really only 1, which isn't even a good 1? Come on.
I disagree that his questions were mediocre. The game had just started, and nothing had really happened.

I also think your freak-out about being hammered, when you only had two votes on you, could be alignment telling.
I have a third one from the sub, which is 2 shy of hammer, and I've had more. I'm not freaking out. I have accepted that I'm not going to enjoy this game. And psyche, yes, I have, along with tos. So I regret signing up for a newbie game. I had... different expectations. Especially from the "semi-experienced" people. I'm enjoying my normal game more so it's probably just a newbie game issue and not a site one.
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:35 am

Post by Loopdan »

@Josh-- What did you expect out of the SE players that you haven't experienced?

And you did over-react to the (2) votes on you. Here and here.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Joshz »

I don't view it as an overreaction because I understand people voting for me normally but not this game. I expected... semi experience, I honestly can't tell the difference between you and the newbies. And the IC hasn't been very productive either. Is that just what games in this section are like...? The pace this thread is moving is also very slow and annoying, and the fact I'm basically the singular topic of discussion ft. occasional other things.
Sobolev Space
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Sobolev Space
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Sobolev Space »

@Joshz what are your reads on other people in the game then?
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Joshz »

There isn't even discussion to get reads from besides the josh show
Loopdan
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Loopdan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:43 pm

Post by Loopdan »

Josh, you are right that this game is progressing slowly. This is unusually slow for a Newbie game.
Joshz
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Joshz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:47 pm

Post by Joshz »

Which is because everyone is completely focused on me and mafia has no need to try and redirect it :)
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: all

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:03 am

Post by Human Sequencer »

Yeah Josh isn't a scumread.
Sputnik is still a little suss to me, but it's mostly a hunch.

VOTE: Jackel98
Nothing but IIoA. Post more.

Loopdan is either town or scum really trying hard to be town, harder than they have to.
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:40 am

Post by Hellfire Missile »

In post 160, Human Sequencer wrote:Yeah Josh isn't a scumread.
Sputnik is still a little suss to me, but it's mostly a hunch.

VOTE: Jackel98
Nothing but IIoA. Post more.

Loopdan is either town or scum really trying hard to be town, harder than they have to.
what's iioa
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:43 am

do we want to look for lurkers? Would i count as one? Who's getting voted on anyway? just Josh?
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:50 am

just slightly panicked but how do i read people as scum or town? help on both please? i've tried to ask people about this but they just brush me off. I can't go out of newbie queue without knowing how to read and im already on my second game and i still dont know how to defend or read people. I would like to learn more about reading but defending myself would also be good. Can someone (IC, SE's) help me? I know IC has already tried but i still don't quite get it.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:10 am

Yo HM. This game isn't a puzzle that's made for you to solve. It's a puzzle you have to solve yourself.

There's 10 players here. 2 of them are scum. You know you're town.

Do your best to figure out who is scum. Everybody has their own way of doing that. You need to create yours.

IIoA is information instead of analysis. This means their posts contain more information about the game than analysis on other players. You have to be careful applying this to SEs and ICs. I still think this is pretty strong on Jackel though, because all of his other content is banter and random, safe jabs at stone walls.

By the way, if this newbie thing is an act, screw you.
nah
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 am

Post by Xalxe »

Vote Count 1.4

Devour the monsters, and you can call any place home.

Joshz (3)
: Jackel98, HowardRoark, Loopdan
HowardRoark (1)
: Joshz
Jackel98 (1)
: Human Sequencer

Not Voting
: DayahaangRai, Psyche, Hellfire Missile, Sobolev Space

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline
: (expired on 2016-11-27 08:47:44)

Jackel98 is being prodded.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:47 am

Post by HowardRoark »

Is Joshz frustrated town or playing it up? Says some intelligent things then flails about. (This is one of my frustrations/difficulties in a newbie game. Especially with somebody who has other experience.)

@Joshz: Your vote is on me because you don't like my reasons for voting you. Other than that do you have any reads? Town or scum or both.
In post 134, Sobolev Space wrote:Though Loopdan was pushing for me a little at the beginning it wasn't a hard enough push for me to think they're scum. I also feel like scum would be trying to hang back and only join a wagon once it looks like it has a lot of steam but idk enough about the meta here.
@Sobolev Space: Which is it? Scum would push hard or hang back? What are your current reads?

@Hellfire Missile: I often build my cases on contradictions I see or on people simply following the crowd. When I cast my vote, I mean it; it is the best way for us to create pressure and reactions. Look at the way people vote: when do they join or leave wagons, does anyone always seem to be following, what reasons were given. Looking for lurkers is an option and wagons can sometimes create the pressure needed to generate content, but some people just play minimally. Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

@DayahaangRai: How's that content post coming along? *taps foot impatiently*

@Human Sequencer: Your IIoA sounds like it contains a decent bit of analysis. Is there any other reason for moving away from Sobolev Space?

@Jackel98: What are your reads?

@Loopdan: Since you are open to D1 policy lynching, who would be your PL now and why?

@Psyche: What are your reads? Your game content posts are fairly weak: , ^ & & ^, , , , , . ^ noted
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:51 am

Sobolev Space is posting meaningful content, Jackel isn't.
nah
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:39 am

Post by Psyche »

it takes so much time to give advice that i end up not having time for the investigative stuff
HowardRoark
HowardRoark
Goon
HowardRoark
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:56 am

Post by HowardRoark »

@Human Sequencer: So a hunch and a lurker vote; got it.

@Psyche: There are a couple of SEs here who have been assisting with advice. You're primary objective is still to win. Reads please.
Help your fellow players by replacing into a game.
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:16 am

Post by Psyche »

When you're pushy like that it creates reactance.
Human Sequencer
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Human Sequencer
all
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:37 am

'In electrical and electronic systems, reactance is the opposition of a circuit element to a change in current or voltage, due to that element's inductance or capacitance. A built-up electric field resists the change of voltage on the element, while a magnetic field resists the change of current.'

??
nah
Hellfire Missile
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Hellfire Missile
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:37 am

In post 164, Human Sequencer wrote: if this newbie thing is an act, screw you.
why?
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:50 am

Post by DayahaangRai »

Joshz's poss:
Random Votes without any reason.

Ignores Jackel's question.

Still ignores the question.

OMGUS'es Human.

"Random Voting with no Explanation" Hypocrisy! In my books, Hypocrite equals Scum.

More like regret because you got caught so easily?

Saying he's town because he knows he is town or something like that. By saying you're town, It doesnt even decrease a slight sus on you.

Why do you try to ignore the fact that i said i skimmed through the pages. I was keeping my vote till I post my thoughts on you. And I didnt want to get on a wagon without any reason.

Saying you're town is indeed a scum tell in the forums i have played. Townies usually dont have to tell it. And Why are you so annoyed with the wagon on you? And It's funny how you say "I am the only one being focused" because Space is under sus too. And Your OMGUSings are so cute.

Wow, Just wow. I am not a newbie as well but i am not regretting playing newbie games so far. And what did you expected? You are being scummy and suspicious af. So, When you are on a wagon, You are making the players here faulty.

And what do you think you have contributed or achieved so far in the game? Nothing productive at all. Why are you so hypocritical? This is like you are asking for the game to speed up the pace but you are yourself doing nothing other than talking about it. And The same "only Josh Show" might be the reason for not much speedy pace for everyone.

After all his posts reading, He has OMGUS'ed, shown hypocrisy few times, complaining about the slow pace and players and not doing anything productive himself.

Conclusion: He's either a extremely, annyoing/annoyed and un-helpful townie or a Scum and i guess he being scum has higher possibilities. Even if he is a town, What good will he do just by complaining and wasting town's time from getting wider range of sus list?

VOTE: Joshz

Will start answering few questions pointed to me and will try to post few reads on others soon if i can.
DayahaangRai
DayahaangRai
Townie
DayahaangRai
Townie
Townie

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:00 am

Post by DayahaangRai »

In post 141, Loopdan wrote:
In post 140, DayahaangRai wrote:And my role have been replaced 2 times, I think that indeed is a town-tell. :roll: :lol: JK. But it is a thing to be considered.
Why do you think it should be considered? After consideration, what conclusions do you think we should come to and why?
According to my experiences in mafia games, Scums rarely get replaced and a 2 replacement of a role is rare for scums. So, The conclusion should be I can be said a near-confirmed townie but I dont expect it fully. Just said it.
In post 144, HowardRoark wrote:@Joshz: My vote generated pressure and a reaction. That's the intent.
UNVOTE: Joshz
FOS: DayahaangRai
Lazy.
If not posting when i am tired and at sleeping-time is laziness. Yes, I'm lazy. It was about 10 PM (Same time rn) here and i was tired . So,I went to sleep. And I can only post once a day and that is at this time except for the weekends.
In post 166, HowardRoark wrote:Is Joshz frustrated town or playing it up? Says some intelligent things then flails about. (This is one of my frustrations/difficulties in a newbie game. Especially with somebody who has other experience.)

@Joshz: Your vote is on me because you don't like my reasons for voting you. Other than that do you have any reads? Town or scum or both.
In post 134, Sobolev Space wrote:Though Loopdan was pushing for me a little at the beginning it wasn't a hard enough push for me to think they're scum. I also feel like scum would be trying to hang back and only join a wagon once it looks like it has a lot of steam but idk enough about the meta here.
@Sobolev Space: Which is it? Scum would push hard or hang back? What are your current reads?

@Hellfire Missile: I often build my cases on contradictions I see or on people simply following the crowd. When I cast my vote, I mean it; it is the best way for us to create pressure and reactions. Look at the way people vote: when do they join or leave wagons, does anyone always seem to be following, what reasons were given. Looking for lurkers is an option and wagons can sometimes create the pressure needed to generate content, but some people just play minimally. Commonly_Used_Abbreviations

@DayahaangRai: How's that content post coming along? *taps foot impatiently*

@Human Sequencer: Your IIoA sounds like it contains a decent bit of analysis. Is there any other reason for moving away from Sobolev Space?

@Jackel98: What are your reads?

@Loopdan: Since you are open to D1 policy lynching, who would be your PL now and why?

@Psyche: What are your reads? Your game content posts are fairly weak: , ^ & & ^, , , , , . ^ noted
Expect me to post once a day at around this same time.

And joshz is at L-1.
Give an intent to hammer before hammering.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”