drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:59 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

drealmerz7 stands apart from the group that wish to become evokers gathered in the great chamber. He watches them all, studies each of them carefully, and takes it all in. He hears them talk of spells and the trial that is upon them as if they were adolescents organizing a game of kekbal.

Evil is here, there is no question. We are served with a task and we must begin it immediately. Distractions only allow the enemy to grow it's advantage. And there is no doubt, they are at the advantage. Only the most skilled will survive, that is apparent, he just hopes that the strength of the uncorrupted will prevail over the influences of darkness.

Unobserved and in one flowing yet subtle gesture, he focuses his powers inward and then casts them outward. No words are spoken, but the impact is felt by the entire group.

VOTE: BTD6_Maker
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:01 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 109, BATORU wrote:Bleh you misunderstand. I said anti-town, not scum-motivated. iron not claiming could have turned a scum kill back on them if we assume their factional kill is a spell (which I do because even our votes are spells). He's null to me which is why I said I dislike Frozen's vote on him.
That and the fact she's not doing as much as I expect from her.
What is the thing you expect from me?

I tried to pretend Iron spell claim was scummy to me to make him talk and he contradicted himself. I want that slot to talk - if your null reading him whats the deal?

and thanks!

Btw I'm catching up and won't answer anything new you tell before that.

#Frozen
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 135, Prism wrote:I don't think either Dunn or Iron's claims are particularly town. They're a balance factor that make sense as starting spells for either alignment, and there are real incentives to immediately claim them as mafia. Of all the players who have posted so far, I like, in a purely mafia-related sense, Sondam and BTD6. The person I like the least is Wisdom so
why is that though? arguably yeah both claims are NAI. Their still slots in game. whats your impression on the way their playing?
In post 135, Prism wrote:Note to the hydras: The more you post, and the less immediately pertinent it is, the less likely I (and I assume others) are to read them. Consequently, any good points you may make will be lost. Be judicious. I don't want to be snarky but I already find these first 5 pages borderline unreadable and I don't know if I can take 20-100 more pages of it without dayvigging someone.
How is the first 5 pages unreadable?

#Frozen
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:04 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Dunnstral stands apart from the group that wish to become evokers gathered in the great chamber. He watches them all, studies each of them carefully, and takes it all in. He hears them talk of spells and the trial that is upon them as if they were adolescents organizing a game of kekbal.

Evil is here, there is no question. We are served with a task and we must begin it immediately. Distractions only allow the enemy to grow it's advantage. And there is no doubt, they are at the advantage. Only the most skilled will survive, that is apparent, he just hopes that the strength of the uncorrupted will prevail over the influences of darkness.

Unobserved and in one flowing yet subtle gesture, he focuses his powers inward and then casts them outward. No words are spoken, but the impact is felt by the entire group.

VOTE: drealmerz7
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:05 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 177, Mega Frozen wrote:arguably yeah both claims are NAI.
I mean "What they claimed" are arguably NAI. But the fact they claimed it is a part of their playing and definitely isn't.

#Frozen
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:12 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 167, BATORU wrote:@FA Wasn't scum indicative in your case to want annoying town dead, which is what I assume Tama found scummy about your opening.
I can't understand this. what about me trying to sort Iron and see what others have to say about it is the thing you find scummy?

If thats unreasonable your either scum or your looking at my posts and misunderstand my agendas which is really really bad. In eaither case you need to directly talk about it.

#Frozen
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:17 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 175, drealmerz7 wrote:drealmerz7 stands apart from the group that wish to become evokers gathered in the great chamber. He watches them all, studies each of them carefully, and takes it all in. He hears them talk of spells and the trial that is upon them as if they were adolescents organizing a game of kekbal.

VOTE: BTD6_Maker
what the hell is this. Please move on from RVS.

#Frozen
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 135, Prism wrote:1) What's your favorite game of mafia? What happened?

2) Do you feel like you get lynched more as town or scum? What do you think the typical reasoning is?

3) Describe your mindset when playing scum. Eg. Is your main focus to towntell, to set up mislynches, to set up your partners, to bruteforce a win yourself?
1) It was cyberpunk. I have no idea when it happened but it was when I got banned - and I couldn't finish the game which is making a void empty thingi in my heart.

2) In my 50 games of mafia I got twice lynched. one as scum in day 1 becuase RC used a RL tell to catch me and one as town in lylo becuase instead of defending myself I started insulting the other town

3) My mindset is that I'm town. I won't focus on anything. I will do what I should do and exactly reason like I'm town.

I skipped it to do it after my catchup

#Frozen
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

drealmerz7 can feel the query about his use of power

This wizard I focus my energy on shows intimiate knowledge of dark magic beyond my level of comfort.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:26 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 171, Not Chara wrote:Gamma: i disagree, i think the third question is good. scum can lie about their meta if they want to, in a wide variety of situations. the third question provides an opportunity to examine a players play and see if they appear to be matching their supposed scum meta at all. a player aware enough to give a fairly accurate portrayal of their scum mindset could then try to avoid playing in the manner they described, among other things.
I don't think it's a good idea to give responses to people's answers, or speculate as to their implications, until after more people have answered. To respond to Gamma but not delve any further than Chara has, yes, if scum want to lie, this is more than okay-it is
ideal
In post 179, Mega Frozen wrote:I mean "What they claimed" are arguably NAI. But the fact they claimed it is a part of their playing and definitely isn't.
Prism wrote:and there are real incentives to immediately claim them as mafia.
I don't have X-Ray meta vision. My impression is that the way they've played thus far is null. Is this the objective case? No. Is this the subjective case? Certainly.
In post 177, Mega Frozen wrote:How is the first 5 pages unreadable?
Page 5 because a picture is worth a thousand words.

This is pretty clearly to do with my own ideas of what good posting looks like (very subjective). What's the aim of this question? Can you give me an example of either a scummy answer or town answer?
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:30 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 184, Prism wrote:I don't have X-Ray meta vision. My impression is that the way they've played thus far is null. Is this the objective case? No. Is this the subjective case? Certainly.
yeah

But why is pushing them to see what they will do afterward to sort them is an invalid tactic to you?

#Frozen
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 184, Prism wrote:This is pretty clearly to do with my own ideas of what good posting looks like (very subjective). What's the aim of this question? Can you give me an example of either a scummy answer or town answer?
The aim of my questions are all to achive my goal to sort you. How is that going to work with a seemingly useless question like this is "that I'm comparing your tone and stances and try to detect anomalies and contradictions" thats how I scumhuant

But in this particular case I wanted to know what about hydra posts are bothering you to be more gentle and kind and try to avoid it.

#Frozen
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:42 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

I think I prefer when hydras don't sign now - I've seen a new light
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:43 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

1 slot 1 read you deal with it
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

like, wtf, your avatar is your signature, that is how I'm identify and sort you in my brain - no special treatment
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:45 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 185, Mega Frozen wrote:But why is pushing them to see what they will do afterward to sort them is an invalid tactic to you?
I never said it was. My statement was actually in response to outed townreads. Specifically, the one from Batoru:
In post 91, BATORU wrote:I dunnot think dunn is scum this game

partly just for his claim, partly on tone

-tama
In post 186, Mega Frozen wrote:But in this particular case I wanted to know what about hydra posts are bothering you to be more gentle and kind and try to avoid it.
Thanks for being considerate if this is the case. I laid a more blanket "be judicious" statement on purpose, but if you're looking for something specifically I can give it. One is the constant forgetfulness of Batoru which has resulted in a clogged thread (Total they've had 36 posts). Another is the spam of Sondam. They had every post from #98 to #108 except for #101 & #104. From #98-#139 they had 22 posts out of 41. While I recognize the fun in doing so, as well as the fact it is not inherently bad play, it's not as fun for me to work around and read through.

Again, I want to emphasize that I recognize that Batoru's extra posts are simple accidents and that Sondam's aren't malicious/inherently bad play, but the above are more specific examples of why I asked to be more judicious when posting.
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:48 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

Some of the more perceptive turn and look back at drealmerz7.

Did he speak? No. But those who are attuned, heard...something? Did he make them hear without making sound? What powers does that wizard have, they wonder?
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:52 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 189, drealmerz7 wrote:like, wtf, your avatar is your signature, that is how I'm identify and sort you in my brain - no special treatment
who asked for any kinds of special treatment? I'm signing for whoever wants my posts to be signed. Where is this argument suddenly coming from?

#Frozen
Mega Frozen
Mega Frozen
Townie
Mega Frozen
Townie
Townie

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by Mega Frozen »

In post 190, Prism wrote:
In post 185, Mega Frozen wrote:But why is pushing them to see what they will do afterward to sort them is an invalid tactic to you?
I never said it was. My statement was actually in response to outed townreads. Specifically, the one from Batoru:
In post 91, BATORU wrote:I dunnot think dunn is scum this game

partly just for his claim, partly on tone

-tama
In post 186, Mega Frozen wrote:But in this particular case I wanted to know what about hydra posts are bothering you to be more gentle and kind and try to avoid it.
Thanks for being considerate if this is the case. I laid a more blanket "be judicious" statement on purpose, but if you're looking for something specifically I can give it. One is the constant forgetfulness of Batoru which has resulted in a clogged thread (Total they've had 36 posts). Another is the spam of Sondam. They had every post from #98 to #108 except for #101 & #104. From #98-#139 they had 22 posts out of 41. While I recognize the fun in doing so, as well as the fact it is not inherently bad play, it's not as fun for me to work around and read through.

Again, I want to emphasize that I recognize that Batoru's extra posts are simple accidents and that Sondam's aren't malicious/inherently bad play, but the above are more specific examples of why I asked to be more judicious when posting.
ok, Thanks for clarification. and I promise to never spam but I won't drop my activity or post rate in any manner. Sondom hydra has MariaR I guess? Its not spamming. she is just playing around to get the feel I suppose. I never saw he scum but her town does that so thats not alarming. BATORU hydra members need to talk privatly a bit I guess. I Think I'm confusing their stands on stuff as well.

#Frozen
drealmerz7
drealmerz7
Survivor
drealmerz7
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by drealmerz7 »

drealmerz7's voice emanates through those who care to listen's ears, but still, he does not speak...

I wouldn't say it's an argument, just a preferred position. I think now is not the time to get into game theory unless the group wants to have a big discussion about it right now, it'll just be distraction, though. As long as it is understood that I will not be parsing discrepancies between brains. If there is an issue, your slot (any hydra slot) will have to account for it to me as an individual entity, "we disagree" will be viewed as a dichotomous position held at a single point in time, and I consider it grounds for reading as scum and for placing my vote - reason: blatant contradiction of position. My slot can't think ____ is simultaneously scum and town and get away with it, neither can your slot. <--That sort of special treatment.
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 180, Mega Frozen wrote:
In post 167, BATORU wrote:@FA Wasn't scum indicative in your case to want annoying town dead, which is what I assume Tama found scummy about your opening.
I can't understand this. what about me trying to sort Iron and see what others have to say about it is the thing you find scummy?

If thats unreasonable your either scum or your looking at my posts and misunderstand my agendas which is really really bad. In eaither case you need to directly talk about it.

#Frozen
Frozen they were referring to me.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:24 pm

Post by Not Chara »

i really don't see why we're toying with spell mass-claiming. it's the same reason anyone doesn't claim their 1-shot PR in another game. it's just telling scum how to handle the night.

Prism: explain your Wisdom vote? i don't see it.
dunn should explain as well.

Fire Assassin's first post is entirely lost on me.

if BATORU hydra could stop signing altogether, or consistently sign, that would be ideal. i've simply begun to not care who is posting there.

post edit: no longer have the question for Prims. Dunn, i'd still like to know why you followed Prism onto Wisdom.

ironstove: do you plan on playing the game sometime soon? and answering the many, many questions about how exactly your power works?
VOTE: Sondam
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Not Chara »

dreal: i understand why you voted BTD there. however, i'd suggest looking elsewhere. i'd prefer not to explain why at this time.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 196, Not Chara wrote:Prism: explain your Wisdom vote? i don't see it.
dunn should explain as well.
I thoroughly analyzed his 4 posts and using known scum algorithms I found that he has a 16% higher than average chance of being scum. Unfortunately I cannot publish my work
Not Chara wrote:dreal: i understand why you voted BTD there. however, i'd suggest looking elsewhere. i'd prefer not to explain why at this time.
lol
Fire Assassin
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Fire Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:34 pm

Post by Fire Assassin »

In post 198, Dunnstral wrote:I thoroughly analyzed his 4 posts and using known scum algorithms I found that he has a 16% higher than average chance of being scum. Unfortunately I cannot publish my work
I know this is going to sound like ass kissing, but Dunnstral is so amusing with posts like these.
It makes my day.

Really hope he is town too.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted

I do not play like bringer, stop comparing me to bringer.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”