WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #325 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:50 am

Post by WeCanSimplyBeOurselves »

Transcend warned us of Char claiming PR and then he claimed PR?

I have no idea whether you believe Char's claim or not. I do know that if someone else claims something then one of them would be lying. And
if
Char is telling the truth I do know which setup we're in.

At this point Accountant is seeming more town but he's an experienced player I know it's easy for him to seem town as scum.

I'm asking myself whether my intuition is correct that it would be easier for Accountant to cover up his mistake than let it slide, if I'm right about his just realizing being not genuine.

But at this point I'm far more interested in Char's claim, but I do think that at this point I have no idea whether his claim is genuine or not. I am particularly interested in Transcend prempting the power claim before it happened. Transcend warned us of Char's claiming PR and then it happened... was that a real warning or was it a plan? Are they scum buddies? It could just have been a genuine warning but it does seem suspicious. Maybe I'm wrong about accountant.

I don't know. Maybe none of these people are scum. But like I said I do know which setup we're in
if
Char is telling the truth. And if someone else claims a non-vanilla townie I would know that one of them is lying, I just wouldn't know who.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #326 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:53 am

In post 303, Transcend wrote:
In post 300, Manuel87 wrote:Why would he sacrifice himself to fish at this point?
Well he looked pretty defeated, he wasn't responding to questions made to him. This could happen to either behavior. Town give up, scum give up. Looks more like scum giving up to me, but hoping to get something out of the lynch by fishing a few roles.
This "well he looked pretty defeated" sounds to me like Transcend defending Char.

I have a very strong intuition now that Transcend pretended to warn us of Char's claiming PR when really it was planned. Looks very much to me like they're scum buddies: They planned it so Transcend would pre-warn us of Char claiming PR after Char acted all frustrated, then Char would claim PR, and then Transcend would use Char's frustration ("well he looked pretty defeated") as an excuse to defend the PR.

That's certainly what it looks like to me now.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #327 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:54 am

To defend the fake PR claim I mean.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #328 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:55 am

And, if I'm right, I know what setup we're in now.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #329 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:59 am

Oh damn I misread Transcend's post. He said it looks more like scum. Hmm. I don't know then.
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #330 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:12 am

Post by MisaTange »

I wonder if WCB's not thinking a lot of reactions is AI. Hmm.
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
thatsit
thatsit
Townie
thatsit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #331 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by thatsit »

Not taking my vote off WCSBO. He started off stating that he read both Accountant and Char as town in #164 and #185, and in #180 and #224 he repeatedly states that he reads Charloux as just a "frustrated town". Now that Char is confirmed doc (?) it seems to me like WCSBO was trying to establish himself as town early on by defending Char, who he knew wasn't mafia. Either that or he just read really well - but I think it's more likely that he knew for a fact Char was inno from the start.
In post 224, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:
The one thing I was most certain about is that Char and Accountant are not scum buddies. It seemed to me like they're perhaps both town talking past each other. After this post quoted above Accountant has moved to the scummiest lean for me and Char has thereby gone from a slight town lean (along with accountant who has now became scum) to a much stronger town lean. They'er not both scum and not only does Char seem townish to me, and genuinely frustrated at people taking his jokes too seriously rather than acting, but Account does appear to be acting and if they're not both scum and Accountant is, IMO, very likely to be scum then that makes Char a strong town lean along with Accountant being a strong scum lean, IMO.
btw how do i link posts through by their id numbers, lol
thatsit
thatsit
Townie
thatsit
Townie
Townie

Post Post #332 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 12:33 pm

Post by thatsit »

In post 326, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:
In post 303, Transcend wrote:
In post 300, Manuel87 wrote:Why would he sacrifice himself to fish at this point?
Well he looked pretty defeated, he wasn't responding to questions made to him. This could happen to either behavior. Town give up, scum give up. Looks more like scum giving up to me, but hoping to get something out of the lynch by fishing a few roles.
This "well he looked pretty defeated" sounds to me like Transcend defending Char.

I have a very strong intuition now that Transcend pretended to warn us of Char's claiming PR when really it was planned. Looks very much to me like they're scum buddies: They planned it so Transcend would pre-warn us of Char claiming PR after Char acted all frustrated, then Char would claim PR, and then Transcend would use Char's frustration ("well he looked pretty defeated") as an excuse to defend the PR.

That's certainly what it looks like to me now.
Transcend was pushing a Char lynch pretty hard the entire game i thought.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #333 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Accountant »

@WCS: I feel as though I should remind you that scum are not allowed to talk to each other during the day(newbie games have no daychat). So it's impossible for Transcend to have plotted anything out with Charloux.

Seeing as scum would know this, I wonder if this is an actual townslip by WCS.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #334 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

I'll assume that anyone who posted and hasn't CCed isn't going to do so. That means we're waiting on Norska and Morning Tweet.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #335 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 2:31 pm

Post by NorskaBlue »

I am neither a BP, JK, nor a Doc.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #336 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:02 pm

In post 333, Accountant wrote:@WCS: I feel as though I should remind you that scum are not allowed to talk to each other during the day(newbie games have no daychat). So it's impossible for Transcend to have plotted anything out with Charloux.

Isn't there pre-game chat when the role PMs have been sent out but the day hasn't started yet?
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #337 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:03 pm

In post 335, NorskaBlue wrote:I am neither a BP, JK, nor a Doc.
Same here.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #338 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:13 pm

In post 335, NorskaBlue wrote:I am neither a BP, JK, nor a Doc.
So either you're a VT, scum or Char isn't doctor.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #339 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:14 pm

You can't be a tracker if Char is a doctor.
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #340 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by NorskaBlue »

I'm not a tracker
MisaTange
MisaTange
Goon
MisaTange
Goon
Goon

Post Post #341 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by MisaTange »

Feels like WCSBO just rolefished...
"Tell me what you see, tell me. Is it scary? I hope it is, in fact, I hope it scares you to pieces."
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #342 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:57 pm

No one should claim, we're already had one person claim.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #343 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:58 pm

In post 340, NorskaBlue wrote:I'm not a tracker
Then you're a VT or scum.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #344 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Ah yes, I am here.

I am not bullet-proof nor a jailkeeper.

I was gonna talk about Charloux, but he's conf town now. Instead, I'll give a reads list right after this question:

@Misa
, your last two posts..
In post 330, MisaTange wrote:I wonder if WCB's not thinking a lot of reactions is AI. Hmm.
What are the results of your pondering? Or was the sole purpose of this post getting others to think about WCS?
In post 341, MisaTange wrote:Feels like WCSBO just rolefished...
What makes you say that? I believe he's genuinely thinking out loud (a quirk similar to his frequent fluff posting), and the reason he directed it towards Norska was because Nor included that he was not a doctor.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #345 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:00 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 336, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:
In post 333, Accountant wrote:@WCS: I feel as though I should remind you that scum are not allowed to talk to each other during the day(newbie games have no daychat). So it's impossible for Transcend to have plotted anything out with Charloux.

Isn't there pre-game chat when the role PMs have been sent out but the day hasn't started yet?
I find it difficult to believe that Transcend and Charloux managed to come up with a plan this convoluted in the couple of days that pre-game lasted for.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #346 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 343, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:
In post 340, NorskaBlue wrote:I'm not a tracker
Then you're a VT or scum.
STOP.

You're only helping scum narrow down the list of targets who might be PR if you repeatedly force this kind of claim from people.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #347 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:02 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 341, MisaTange wrote:Feels like WCSBO just rolefished...
Why aren't you voting him, then?

WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #348 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Char isn't confirmed town. We could be in a setup without a doctor and it could be a fake claim. If we're in a setup with a doctor someone would have counterclaimed him. But we could be in a setup without a doctor. But if we are in a setup without a doctor then I know what setup we're in.

I'm rather interested in Norska claiming what roles he isn't. If he's town and he's telling the truth then
I
know he
must
be a VT.

4.AM here now and I'm exhausted, goodnight folks.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #349 (ISO) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:03 pm

Post by Accountant »

@Misa: Okay, my bad, you are voting WCS. But I don't see much wagon pressure on someone you've been voting from the beginning. You seem content to lie back and let others push WCS for you.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”