Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:45 pm

Post by Accountant »

In post 473, Morning Tweet wrote:This is the only thing keeping me from voting Misa right now. I'd expect scum to read the thread more closely than that.
I strongly disagree. Inattentiveness or apathy is more due to the sort of player Misa is in general than due to her role PM influencing her behavior.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:19 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

@Accountant: Do you think my case on Tweet has no valid points?
What is your townread on Tweet based on?
If you ignore me pressuring her what exactly makes her different from Misa or Norsak?
NorskaBlue
NorskaBlue
Goon
NorskaBlue
Goon
Goon
Location: Jeg er ikke norsk. Hvis du spør meg noe i norsk, kan jeg ikke hjelpe deg.

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 12:13 am

Post by NorskaBlue »

Hell of a first game. I'm confident that Acc and Transcend are town, and Char seems to be clear. After that, it gets kinda murky for me.

WCS is very erratic, jumping from people being conf town to conf scum and back again. But I'm starting to think that's just how he posts rather than anything nefarious.

Leaning town with Tweet for similar reasons to A and T; ie, she is asking questions and making reasonable judgements.

Feels like Misa is playing a very quiet devil's advocate. Seems like a lot of her posts are made just to deflate peoples lines of thought without really taking a stance herself. Although she did say in #352 she tends to be a 'support-class townie'. I don't know if that's a thing or not.

Got nothing on thatsit. Very low activity, not really pushing the discussion, but then again, neither have I. As a newbie, I share his sentiment in post #404 (not found) that it can be difficult to contribute, due to (for me at least) not yet having a grasp on the meta and techniques that are more familiar for experienced players. Whether thatsit's newbiness is genuine or a cover, I am not the one to judge.

Manuel is pretty neutral to me. Going over his ISO, there's nothing that really jumps out as particularly towny or scummy. I do wish he'd spell my name right though.

Putting that in order from most-town to least-town:
{Accountant, Charloux}
{Transcend}
{Morning Tweet}
{WCSBO, Manuel}
{thatsit}
{MisaTange}

VOTE: MisaTange, which puts him on L-2, I think.
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:38 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 438, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:Charloux, if there is any player that you consider the most mysterious and the most puzzling to you, who would it be?
That would be you. I seriously can't comprehend what is going on in your head when you make you posts. I haven't seen such chaos in awhile.
In post 438, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:Which players are most null to you?
Thatsit.

There are 3 things i am certain about right now
1)Accountant and Transcend are town. I think Manuel is town as well, but i'm not too confident.
2)Both scum are likely in the Norska, Tweet, thatsit, WCSBO, Misa. WCSBO can be ignored, because he will die N2 if he is town.
3)Transcend should be treated as an insane cop.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:01 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.10

[3] MisaTange (Transcend, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves, NorskaBlue)
[2] WeCanSimplyBeOurselves (thatsit, MisaTange)
[1] Morning Tweet (Manuel87)
[1] NorskaBlue (Charloux)

[2] Not Voting (Accountant, Morning Tweet)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-11-27 00:00:00)
beefycheese
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:03 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 476, Manuel87 wrote:@Accountant: Do you think my case on Tweet has no valid points?
What is your townread on Tweet based on?
If you ignore me pressuring her what exactly makes her different from Misa or Norsak?
No, I think it has some valid points, specifically your pointing out that Tweet seems to care about whether or not other people want to lynch WCS because she's worried she'll lok bad if she hammers. I just don't think that's enough to make her scum. I explained why I townread her in the last page, which also explains why she's different from Misa and Norska.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:06 am

Post by Transcend »

Misa:

Why the fuck is your vote where it is lol

Accountant:

Are you ready to make a vote? I'm surprised you don't have a vote up yet.

Manny:

Are you still satisfied with your vote?

Thatsit:

Can you do something game advancing? My tr on u is dwindling.

Charloux:

Care to contribute to the game in a way that isn't shade throwing?
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:18 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 481, Transcend wrote: Charloux:
Care to contribute to the game in a way that isn't shade throwing?
If it's not sheeping you, i'm all ears. What isn't shade throwing?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Transcend »

What're your reads :p

Or will u just be a useless pos until u get night killed :p
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:45 am

Post by Charloux »

Accountant is town or we're fucked!
Transcend's ego is too big to be scum!
WCSBO IS TOO SCUMMY TO BE SCUM! Or that's what he wants us to think, HA! Scumlean!

Something like this Transcend? That's how i view your play so far.
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
WeCanSimplyBeOurselves
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:57 am

Post by WeCanSimplyBeOurselves »

In post 478, Charloux wrote:
In post 438, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:Charloux, if there is any player that you consider the most mysterious and the most puzzling to you, who would it be?
That would be you. I seriously can't comprehend what is going on in your head when you make you posts. I haven't seen such chaos in awhile.
In post 438, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves wrote:Which players are most null to you?
Thatsit.

There are 3 things i am certain about right now
1)Accountant and Transcend are town. I think Manuel is town as well, but i'm not too confident.
2)Both scum are likely in the Norska, Tweet, thatsit, WCSBO, Misa. WCSBO can be ignored, because he will die N2 if he is town.
3)Transcend should be treated as an insane cop.
Thank you very much for your answers. I'm dead either night 1, dead night 2 or I'm lynched day 2.

What is your case for Accountant being town? What do you think of my point of him being an experienced enough player that he can seem super town and like he's scumhunting people even if he's not really doing that? What do you think of his wanting to change from Tweet to Misa and then me going along with it? What do you think of the part I changed to blue text within what he said here:
In post 474, Accountant wrote:
In post 473, Morning Tweet wrote:Manuel v. Tweet is TvT.
Manuel is town because I think scum!Manuel would sit on a lurker rather than push you. You're town for the same reasons Transcend is - you've been making consistently solid posts and your thought process is clear and I think oriented towards trying to identify and lynch scum. While it's not to say that scum can't make solid posts, I think it's much harder for scum to fake that kind of mindset.
Scum trying to look town usually make posts that look good on the surface but that don't contribute much to actual scumhunting, but I didn't get the impression at your posts are shallow.

Furthermore, the easy way in which everyone else seems to be letting you two fight or focusing on your fight seems to me to be a sign of either apathy or scum who is more than happy to let two town members go at each other tooth and nail. In particular I think townies would try to push their own scumreads rather than try to make the decision into a false dichotomy of Manuel vs Tweet. This is why Misa's lack of scumreads is very concerning to me - I think she doesn't have any so she can go "well, I don't have anyone to push, so I'll just pick between Manuel and Tweet".
?

If I'm right about him being experienced enough to act like he is scumhunting when he isn't... don't you think this is a very conveinent way to cover his own doing that? And perhaps Misa's apparent lurking is more anti-town than scum whereas Accountant is too good of a player to seem anti-town even if he's scum?
If
we're wrong about Accountant being town and he's scum instead... do you think that Tweet might be his scumbuddy and that's why he tried to move us away from Tweet when Manuel and Tweet were going at each other? What about him saying that they were two townies going at each other when I'd said the same thing about him and you going at each other earlier? Do you think he used my idea to say the same thing about Tweet and Manuel... to turn us away from Tweet who is his scumbuddy.

How sure are you that Accountant is non-scummy rather than non-anti town? How sure are you that his behavior is that of a townie rather than an experienced player playing as scum who also has to be helpful as an IC?

Overall perhaps Accountant is a townie just scumhunting aggressively and perhaps even though he's a very experienced player he'd be less aggressive as scum.... but I will ask you this:

If
you're wrong about Accountant's alignment and he's actually scum... what do you think of my theory that Tweet is scum
if
Accountant is?
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:02 am

Post by Transcend »

Just get night killed already

You know damn well you deserved all the scum reads you got. Yourb play was pitiful. Stop being a saltbag about it.
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:06 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 1, borkjerfkin wrote:Please treat your fellow players with respect. At the same time, please try not to take comments personally whenever possible.
Would be a good time for everyone to review the rules before this gets out of hand. Thanks.
beefycheese
Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:08 am

Post by Transcend »

Sry I'll tone it down but he's discrediting my play and i don't take that lightly
Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:22 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 488, Transcend wrote:Sry I'll tone it down but he's discrediting my play and i don't take that lightly
But it's ok to discredit others?

@WCSBO: I talked with Accountant and his posts and motivation are towny. Even if he didn't drop my wagon(for a time) to get other reads, he would still be my top townread. If, by some chance, he IS scum, the only thing i would say is "gg, you deserved it".
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:54 am

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 481, Transcend wrote: Manny:Are you still satisfied with your vote?
Yes i am. I think the Tweet wagon has way to much resistance compared to the Misa push and the WCS wagon earlier in the game.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner

Team Mafia Winner

Pronoun: She

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:00 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

@WCS
Really, I'm Accountant's most likely scumpartner? I'm the only person in the game not townreading Accountant, and I hate how he's getting a free pass for "active scumhunting, seems town".

@Manuel
Do you want me to respond to your last post with our exchange quote tower?
Pedit: What makes you think it's scum resistance compared to it just being a bad case?

@Charloux
You know who you have to heal tonight.. right? I'm bringing this up before the lynch on the slim chance I miss it, because I'm 99% sure you don't know what you're doing, and we're going to lose valuable information tomorrow.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:10 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 481, Transcend wrote:Are you ready to make a vote? I'm surprised you don't have a vote up yet.
I am too! I thought I had a vote on Misa, but apparently not!

VOTE: Misa

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:11 am

Post by Accountant »

That's L-1. Remember to state intent and wait for claim.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:15 am

Post by Transcend »

:neutral:
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:17 am

Post by Accountant »

Transcend, chill a bit. Not the first impression we want to give to newbies.

Transcend
Transcend
Survivor
Transcend
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:19 am

Post by Transcend »

In post 490, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 481, Transcend wrote: Manny:Are you still satisfied with your vote?
Yes i am. I think the Tweet wagon has way to much resistance compared to the Misa push and the WCS wagon earlier in the game.

Hmm

What do you think of the ppl voting misa tho

There is lots of tweet resistance, but it could be a bunch of town not wanting to vote her?
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:20 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

Votecount 1.11

[4] MisaTange (Transcend, WeCanSimplyBeOurselves, NorskaBlue, Accountant)
[2] WeCanSimplyBeOurselves (thatsit, MisaTange)
[1] Morning Tweet (Manuel87)
[1] NorskaBlue (Charloux)

[1] Not Voting (Morning Tweet)

With 9 alive, it is 5 to lynch.

Let me know if you see any problems.

Deadline is in (expired on 2016-11-27 00:00:00)
beefycheese
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Accountant »

@Charloux: Are you set on Norska, or do you have intent to move over and hammer? You didn't seem to be dead set on Norska.

Charloux
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Charloux
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Charloux »

In post 498, Accountant wrote:@Charloux: Are you set on Norska, or do you have intent to move over and hammer? You didn't seem to be dead set on Norska.
Still think Norska is the best lynch for now.
I don't see any AI post from Misa, and i don't think you will be able to get him to play seriously by wagonizing him. Like i'm looking at a Creature alt.
Intent to lolhammer

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”