Newbie 1757 - Game Over

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:31 am

Post by Huntress »

Vote Count 2.1

fruitsman (1) - nn30

Not voting (6) - Accountant, ArcAngel9, fruitsman, keyenpeydee, Vijarada, Wyvernite

With seven players alive, it takes four votes to lynch.

Deadline for Day Two is Sunday, 4th December 1pm GMT, (in (expired on 2016-12-04 13:00:00)).
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by nn30 »

Hey! Weigh in fam. Game doesn't move forward unless we talk about stuff.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by Accountant »

fruitsman, for most of the game, you've been uncertain about reads. What makes you suddenly so certain nn30 is scum?
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Sun Nov 20, 2016 9:06 pm

Post by Vijarada »

I don't want to lynch fruitsman today.
VOTE: Wyvern. More later, probably
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:12 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 270, Accountant wrote:
In post 268, ArcAngel9 wrote:Accountant - You better have a valid explanation on why you didn't choose to look other cases and only focused on Xnadrojx?
XnadrojX was the scummiest. It's not like I didn't look at other cases, I just focused on the scummiest one most. Now, why were you so certain XX was town?
Its not about Xnadrojx looked town. I thought he was probably town based on his reactions but now i think you're the scum.

Being IC, it is your duty push players to see and focus on the other options to scum hunt but you only focused the entire game to push XX wagon.

VOTE: Accountant
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:32 am

Post by Accountant »

In post 279, ArcAngel9 wrote:Being IC, it is your duty push players to see and focus on the other options to scum hunt but you only focused the entire game to push XX wagon.
Can you please show me where it says the IC has a duty to present other options to the players for no reason, evem if they think those other options aren't scum?

Now, suppose it was indeed an IC duty to do so. Do you think I would intentionally be a bad IC if I drew scum?

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:25 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 279, ArcAngel9 wrote:
In post 270, Accountant wrote:
In post 268, ArcAngel9 wrote:Accountant - You better have a valid explanation on why you didn't choose to look other cases and only focused on Xnadrojx?
XnadrojX was the scummiest. It's not like I didn't look at other cases, I just focused on the scummiest one most. Now, why were you so certain XX was town?
Its not about Xnadrojx looked town. I thought he was probably town based on his reactions but now i think you're the scum.

Being IC, it is your duty push players to see and focus on the other options to scum hunt but you only focused the entire game to push XX wagon.

VOTE: Accountant
I don't understand what you're trying to point out. IC are, indeed, the most superior in newbie games but that doesn't stop them to play and suspect freely on other players. IC are just people who help newbies in terms of what will they do etc (as what I think) but not dictate them what to do. Your reasons are invalid.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 3:33 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

@nn30 - Are you trying to say fruitsman can't have scum reads with someone rather than XX?
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:22 am

Post by nn30 »

@Keyen - please rephrase. I've read your sentence 3 times now and still don't know what you mean.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:34 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 283, nn30 wrote:@Keyen - please rephrase. I've read your sentence 3 times now and still don't know what you mean.
Sorry, I mean that I think you're trying to point out that Fruitsman can't have other scum reads. I'm not defending him though but if he finds XX scummy and you scummy too, then is there a problem?

I've been also trying to think that you're town because first, You're suspecting everybody who suspects you and doesn't vote for you or is this just a scum strategy? But I also don't find you scummy enough to think that way.

If my english is bad, I'm not feeling it.
Show
Games that I modded:

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:48 am

Post by nn30 »

I didn't suspect Accountant or Vijarada (they led the discussion against me early game).

Fruits can have other scum reads. I'm saying that his
reason
for scumcreading me is contradictory. Further, I'm suggesting that this contradiction is indicative of him faking his reads.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:03 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

You do have a point there. I want to see more before I judge.
Show
Games that I modded:

fruitsman
fruitsman
Townie
fruitsman
Townie
Townie

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by fruitsman »

I will post soon, today and tomorrow and maybe even Wednesday I may not be able to respond with much frequency. Lot's of obligations/responsibilities to cover.

Sorry all.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:11 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Fruitsman - np, life > game
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 2:15 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

We need to talk.
Show
Games that I modded:

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Huntress »

Seeking a replacement for Wyvernite who hasn't picked up the day-start PM. If he returns before I find a replacement he can stay in.

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:17 am

Post by Accountant »

@Vijarada: Thoughts on ArcAngel?

I'd like a Wyvernite or fruitsman vote today, but I am waiting for them to come back on and talk before I make up my mind.

Huntress
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Huntress
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:05 am

Post by Huntress »

ScumDeersAreVeryTasty replaces Wyvernite

keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:06 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Welcome :)
Show
Games that I modded:

ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:47 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 280, Accountant wrote:
In post 279, ArcAngel9 wrote:Being IC, it is your duty push players to see and focus on the other options to scum hunt but you only focused the entire game to push XX wagon.
Can you please show me where it says the IC has a duty to present other options to the players for no reason, evem if they think those other options aren't scum?

Now, suppose it was indeed an IC duty to do so. Do you think I would intentionally be a bad IC if I drew scum?

Its the way you played the game.I understand that it is not set or written on stone that you play against your win condition if you're an IC but i am not satisfied with the way you played game on Day1. the IC's aligned to town are usually focus on everyone and tries to give more time on day1 and you didn't do that Xnandarj. He is just new, You could have let him take a breathe and come back with better way to defend himself and the mean while you could have really tried to divert this town to if there is anything else that required the attention.

I feel your lack of motivation to look things around on day 1 seems scummy.

Key - Are you town or are you scum wiht Accountant? I am bit surprised that you encouraged Xnandaraj wagon yesterday. He was looking town all through the game, why you ?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:14 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 294, ArcAngel9 wrote:Its the way you played the game.I understand that it is not set or written on stone that you play against your win condition if you're an IC but i am not satisfied with the way you played game on Day1. the IC's aligned to town are usually focus on everyone and tries to give more time on day1 and you didn't do that Xnandarj. He is just new, You could have let him take a breathe and come back with better way to defend himself and the mean while you could have really tried to divert this town to if there is anything else that required the attention.
1) You're assuming that there is a one size fits all for IC town play, 2) that all town aligned IC's play this way, 3) that Accountant didn't play this way and that 4) that the result of Accountant not playing in this way (in your estimation) means he is scum.

Re: 1 there is no one size fits all for town IC play.

Re 2: Even if there was a one size fits all for town IC play, there's nothing that necessitates that Accountant has to play this way to be town aligned.

Re 3: Frankly, he
did
play the way you want him to - just not with XX. He did so with me. He saw the logic behind people scum reading me, picked at it, allowed me to defend myself, and then backed off from me. This is well in line with your 'ideal' of town IC play. You scum read me, and see me buddying with Accountant, so you are blind to his occurring and tunneling on the fact that he didn't treat XX the way you wanted him to.

Re 4: He isn't scum for differing from your ideal. He's human - this is a NAI trait.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:16 am

Post by nn30 »

@Accountant - why do you want a Wyvernite lynch today?
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:22 am

Post by Vijarada »

In post 291, Accountant wrote:@Vijarada: Thoughts on ArcAngel?

I'd like a Wyvernite or fruitsman vote today, but I am waiting for them to come back on and talk before I make up my mind.
I don't think arcangel has done anything particularly alignment indicative today.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:23 am

Post by Vijarada »

In post 294, ArcAngel9 wrote:Its the way you played the game.I understand that it is not set or written on stone that you play against your win condition if you're an IC but i am not satisfied with the way you played game on Day1. the IC's aligned to town are usually focus on everyone and tries to give more time on day1 and you didn't do that Xnandarj. He is just new, You could have let him take a breathe and come back with better way to defend himself and the mean while you could have really tried to divert this town to if there is anything else that required the attention.
He actually wasn't talking to nadro that much until nadro critisized him for not doing so.
Vijarada
Vijarada
Goon
Vijarada
Goon
Goon

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Nov 22, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Vijarada »

In post 296, nn30 wrote:@Accountant - why do you want a Wyvernite lynch today?
I'm not accountant but I want to lynch him because his activity yesterday was just agressively following the crowd in every post.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”