Mini 1855: Questionable Content Mafia - Game Over!

pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by pisskop »

Nice to know this started.

Im town. Very town
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:19 pm

Post by pisskop »

Okay, its just one scrublord :p

Guys. Im so super town.
beeboy - Everyone thought this game was made to troll pie but it was really made to troll pisskop.
Almost50 pisskop: Overall, that's a townie slot. Don't ask for specifics because with PK everything can be interpreted either way. It's probably WHEN he says/does things that matter, so it's more of a matter of conception rather than solid reasoning.
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 285, MagnaofIllusion wrote:
In post 246, JaeReed wrote:wrt 67 what don't you like about my early reads? Just the simple fact I gave reads early, or do you disagree with the reads & thoughts?
I didn’t find the reads themselves made much sense. This has all been parsed before but the Socrates read there was really, really odd. I mean I’m not much of a tone-reader but nothing about the post he made said “stiff” to me.

And I don’t grok the “Dunn is reaction testing” stance as reaction testing is not something scum do in my mind. Reaction testing at the heart is making posts and trying to read who people react to learn alignments. Scum (especially in a 12 person mini which we know isn’t multiball) don’t need to do that.

Finally too many of your presented reads are not that. Dunn / Spyrex / LLD / Kraska / Socrates are all basically fence-sits. The only actual reads given are Camn and myself. The rest are basically filling space but say nothing concrete at all to judge your posting buy.
In post 246, JaeReed wrote:You didn't drop in tiers between 112 and 142. Other people moved around you when I did my reread after cooling off a bit.
Well then I have a problem then. In your first reads list I was in the top tier. In the second I was in the second tier. If you are saying that your tiered lists don’t’ actually translate to set reads (first slot is Strong Town, second slot is weak Town, etc) then I question the point of a lists as you have presented them.
In post 246, JaeReed wrote:I didn't feel particularly off with your entry so I didn't dive you. Even if I had, I probably wouldn't have bothered to do a dive, as I've seen you play before.
Name games where you have seen me before then.

--
You're right; it was more current thoughts on players in the game, but I find that to be synonymous with reads anyway since it does indeed show where I stand on them. I had a lot of slots that I wasn't quite sure about that I still had thoughts on. I try not to neglect anyone who has posted when I do that or give a reads list. I gave my thoughts on the players in the game. I still don't see why you have a problem with that, honestly.

Socrates read ended up "meh" purely because I checked up on his posting style and deemed that it was more likely just the way he types that feels stiff to me. The stiffness came in the lack of joking or carefree mannerisms that I tend to read from more emotional players when they confirm.

Reaction testing is only town indicative with follow up. I couldn't give a read on whether he's town or scum following what I thought was a reaction test at the time when I still hadn't seen his conclusions reached from it. I'm having a hard time buying that you seriously believe I should have had a solid read on him off a reaction test that I hadn't seen follow up to at the time.

I'm not changing the way I do my reads lists, so you'll have to deal with it. I picked it up as a fresh newbie when idolizing Ranger so here's a nice explanation of what the tiers mean: http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.ph ... 5#p7721635

Game. Just one. Open 637, beeboy's Fire and Ice. You replaced Io. I was reading that game because Ranger was in it (in a hydra with RC).
"Jae defends his townreads like a fanatic" - Charloux
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Let's get socrates or iai
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

Nice random wall of text
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: socrates
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: socrates
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:25 pm

Post by pisskop »

Camn vote is also acceptable, just for trying to stir up trouble when afaik nobody got a 'game started' pm

Eager Juistin Beaver
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

VOTE: pisskop
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: dunn
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:37 pm

Post by JaeReed »

In post 286, Socrates wrote:
In post 270, JaeReed wrote: LLD had posted about her restriction by the time I reached the thread, I believe. I don't see why that's so hard for you to understand, really.
That's an easy lie to make, but I guess it's easy because it's plausible. Eh, If you say so.
Veiled compliments? Don't get you.

The words you like I didn't even know were words you liked. I've been reading a lot of mafia theory lately because I've had problems with my reads. A lot of it I guess is posted by older players or something and I picked up the usage from there and fell into using it with you because that's what I tend to do.

The parts where you call me a 'logical' player and 'of course I am a difficult read' and whatever. They're called 'veiled' compliments because they appeal without being direct.
I don't even know what you mean by "consciously and deliberately turned it around on him" like... eh w/e. I'm actually reaching the end of my patience so I guess I need to cool it a bit.
You know, the whole part where I didn't answer your question but instead asked you a question about myself? Which you *totally* noted yet elected not to say anything about?
I wouldn't buddy up to any of those accounts if I wanted to buddy. I don't know any of you. If I were planning to buddy someone this game it'd be someone I've played with previously.

You seem to equate older accounts with being scumhunting gods. You're not. None of us are. Egos lose games.
That's what I... That was my entire...

*sigh*
Also, you think camn could have coached me? Y'know, the person who was tunneling me and i was tunneling them earlier? You can't seriously believe that.
What Camn said.
It's really hard for me to keep my cool when you're just assuming that I'm lying about my read on LLD being influenced by the fact that she claimed her post restriction when it's right there in the thread and also prior to my post about my thoughts on her. You could have fact checked that. The fact that you didn't implies that you're either so confbiased and set in your read of me that this whole exchange is useless because you're going to be tunneled on town no matter what, or that you're scum that doesn't want to admit your point there is a load of bullcrap.

I would hardly say that thinking you're a logical player in general is a compliment. I'm not appealing to you; I'm trying to sort you. To do that I need to identify what kind of player you are so I have more of a chance at getting into your mindset and evaluating your content for how genuine I feel it is coming from you. You asked me if you were easy to read. I said you're not. Again, this is not a compliment. In fact, if you're town I'd almost take that as an insult because town
should
be easy to read as town. A good town player is one that makes themselves known to other town, correctly identifies other town, and works with said other town to solve the game. Not being easy to read is not a compliment imo. The only time that even maybe becomes a compliment is if you're scum. And even then... eh... it means that you're not faking town well enough to be easily townread.

Oh, the part that I already addressed. The part where I was open to it just being a communication error and figured I'd try another method to ask you your thoughts by being less vague when I could pinpoint what exactly I wanted a comment from you regarding.

No, that's not what you were getting at. You were getting at a belief that I would want to buddy you because you're one of the older accounts. That belief is incredibly self-centred imo and it comes across as though you have an inflated ego regarding older accounts.

I don't have anything on the last point except a belief that I definitely wouldn't try that as newb scum because I don't have the confidence to pull it off. My personal judgement of my scum game is worthless to you here, though, since you're not me.
"On the issue of myself they go back and forth between overpowering paranoia and absolute certainty I'm town... it's kind of exhausting." - Nahdia
JaeReed
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
JaeReed
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by JaeReed »

VOTE: Socrates

I can feasibly see scum pulling off what he did as a huge show to contrive a reason to hop on my wagon.

I feel better about camn. It does feel like she's actively trying to sort people, even if I don't necessarily agree with her methods and thought processes.

IAI is someone I want more from before I can make a judgement. The thing is, I can see a lot of the viewpoints he's arriving at possibly coming from a town mindset in his catch up.

Dunn why do you think LLD is town? My lack of a solid read on her is getting frustrating. Help me out here.

pisskop are you caught up? reads?
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:47 pm

Post by pisskop »

I havent reaad. will tonight
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Dunnstral »

I forgot to account for lld's restriction being real and still being scum

I believe her restriction at least
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by SpyreX »

VOTE: piskop

Game start was in the pm clear as day
Show
I always lynch scum... sometimes they're just not mafia. :P

Town: (49-47-1)
Scum: (23-11)
Third Party: (2-0)
Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by pisskop »

VOTE: spy

Eww. I ran circles around the whole town in FAs game and you think I would lie about something so stupid when I could shitpost into townreads?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:43 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Like i dont get why you would lie about that one but dag
Show

Proud member of BaM
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Its a lot easier to shitpost writ larges and.maybe its paranoia from just that game but
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Post by pisskop »

But nothing. Its bad logic. :IGMEOU:
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by SpyreX »

No its not
Hey i missed it or whatever maybe. It 'not being there' isnt a thing
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by pisskop »

Yes I confirmed for scum by not reading. Thats about the weakest thing ive ever heard you posit. Who were you voting before me?
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by SpyreX »

It's the strangest but its also the most blatant oddity since I've been back

I was voting.jae under broken promises
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Post by pisskop »

:|
SpyreX
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
SpyreX
POWERFUL WIZARD
POWERFUL WIZARD

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by SpyreX »

Well what
Show

Proud member of BaM
pisskop
pisskop
Survivor
pisskop
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:06 pm

Post by pisskop »

I havent read so I cant say what anything. But I can sure go agonistic and huff and puff.

If you really want me to play I can, but you know you guys could learn to appreciate the subtlies of my town/scum playstyles.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”