Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2776 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 2774, MortFeld wrote:
In post 2773, Road Kamelot wrote:
In post 2772, MortFeld wrote:I still dontt get why chaos even quoted that list. reads lists are ptetty useless anyway
Why did you make one then
to give people an idea of my thought process at the time. I didnt have a lot fo hard scum reads around post 900. it was useful in context but it seems like cherrypicking for Chaos to grab that from a reread.
Well dismiss the cherry picking thought bc going back and asking about earlier thought process + reads is a p normal thing to do
And as far as im concerned Chaos is town
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2777 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by MortFeld »

yeah he is probably town.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2778 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

I am not around for 24 hours. I am okay lynching RK. Go ahead.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2779 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Post by rb »

I'm tired af after work. Gonna skip this tonight and I have heaps of stuff to do this weekend. I'm gonna go full power next week Monday. If everyone is super bored we can lynch RK but I'd rather wait and read game properly.
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2780 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:23 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

Vote Count
VOTE COUNT 3.04

[0] Road Kamelot -
[0] ArcAngel9 -
[2] Nero Cain - ChaosOmega, Naomi-Tan,
[0] rb -
[0] MortFeld -
[0] Lil Uzi Vert -
[0] Naomi-Tan -
[0] ChaosOmega -
[0] Shadow_step -

Not Voting
- Road Kamelot, ArcAngel9, Nero Cain, rb, Lil Uzi Vert, Shadow_step, Mortfeld,

MOD NOTES:
Keep everything cool and enjoyable :)

V/LA:
ChaosOmega - Until Monday

With
Alive, it takes
to lynch. Day Three will end in
(expired on 2016-12-01 15:45:00)
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2781 (ISO) » Thu Nov 24, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Mort did you claim yet ?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2782 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:17 am

Post by Road Kamelot »

In post 2779, rb wrote:I'm tired af after work. Gonna skip this tonight and I have heaps of stuff to do this weekend. I'm gonna go full power next week Monday. If everyone is super bored we can lynch RK but I'd rather wait and read game properly.
If i get lynched as an afterthought im gonna cry
Wait until rb has his super special scumpick
I wont complain if its me but ill super complain of i get lynched cause *bored*
i want me that perfect game too
Reflect on yourself in the heat of passion to reveal what the cold eye of logic sees not.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2783 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:56 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Well a perfect game is all scum lynches without any town deaths by NKs as well.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Road Kamelot
Road Kamelot
Goon
Road Kamelot
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2784 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 1:07 am

Post by Road Kamelot »

p sure you can get a perfect game with town feaths by nk
thats literally unavoidable
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2785 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:45 am

Post by rb »

not if u roleblock scum/protect target

unlikely but it does happen, i think it's usually moreso in micros - i've lynched scum d1, protected night 1 and then lynched scum day2 for perfect win in 2v7.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2786 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 8:32 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2785, rb wrote:not if u roleblock scum/protect target

unlikely but it does happen, i think it's usually moreso in micros - i've lynched scum d1, protected night 1 and then lynched scum day2 for perfect win in 2v7.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Show

MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2787 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:10 am

Post by MortFeld »

Nero PBPA. Going to try something just for fun, giving + town points and - scum points. This will not affect my read but I want to start trying it with PBPAs.

Spoiler: the PBPA
Votes Chaos over obvious joke. Read out of context? Not sure how. -.5

I remember that pinged me as a bit flippant, but I think that's just how Nero talks. -.5

town reads Copper because apparently Copper mindlessly agrees with posts... as town, and he did so in this game. Which feels incredibly weak, even if you believe that kind of meta analysis works it's thin. Scum reads Misa because of 9 which is reasonable. +0

First part of is not true. TF did not say anything about alignment - 'unnecessary' doesn't imply 'scummy.' Points out TB's as scummy. Reasonable. -.5

is a good post. +1

through I'm not sure. Holding TF accountable = good. +1

makes excuse for Arc. Doesn't understand case on Arc as demonstrated by . -.5

1)
rereads TB, decides Arc is scummy. Inconsistency. Might be explained by Nero's being scum - knows Arc is town, doesn't see a case, wants town cred because Arc may eventually flip. Then he sees a valid case and jumps on. Could also be town. -.5

2)
So at this point TF makes . Nero responds with . Essentially:
TF - you are not catching up.
Nero - I am active.

Let's ignore for a second that this is moving the goalposts, and pretend that Nero said "I have caught up and I've shown it." How accurate is this? Has Nero actually caught up? The latest post he explicitly caught up on before his replacement at is . Before that he focuses on stuff around post 100. So there is a 400-post gap, still not sure if he read those. Then for stuff that happens after he replaces in, he is nearly mute! He makes no overt attempt to read or comment on anything between post 580 and post 1382. This is quite odd for a townie, even rb made an attempt to read ISOs and he had more than double the pages to read that Nero had. This is the majority of my case. Not just moving the goalposts and thereby not answering the question, but also the content, which is that Nero was participating and voting yet hadn't made an overt attempt to catch up, or to tell town he didn't intend to catch up. -2

is a weird question because TF had already made and which both show intent to lynch. Why ask TF specifically? -.5

3)
moving the goalpost again. The issue from wasn't that Arc was lurky, the issue was that she made a poor excuse for her being lurky. TF might be wrong that this is a scumtell (I think he most definitely is), but saying 'Arc is always lurky' is not interacting with TF's point. Also is making excuses for Arc again. -1

4)
gross. Also has the side effect of excusing a real justification for the vote. The only reason I can see people doing this as town is to make it seem reasonable when they do it as scum. Nero has zero town cred at this point, no scum is going to jump on the Arc wagon merely given Nero's blessing. I have yet to see a successful reaction test of this sort in any of my games or games I've read. -1

justifying Arc townread based on meta. I have no issue with meta reads in general, but meta reads of this sort... if you are going to justify a townread, do so in a way that isn't circular. "Arc is town because she looks town" is not logical. But this is a disagreement about playstyle more than anything. +0

reduces my PBPA to 'Arc throwing a hissy fit,' which makes sense in hindsight if you know Arc is town! But that was not the entirety of my case. -.5

5)
huh? Suddenly Arc looks scum from my PBPA? Literal flip flop, Nero said she looked town from it earlier. How did this happen? Good on Nero for calling out Shadow's weirdness. -1 +.5 = -.5

perplexes me. Why draw attention to RK? There's a big HS wagon. HS was town. I don't know a ton about scum theory so I'll say it's NAI. +0

no. Why do people play like this? It only makes sense for people to interact with posts like these if they townread you. Nobody should be townreading Nero at this point in time. +0

is not a reason to vote RK. It contains no argument. Therefore it essentially constitutes avoiding TF's question from -.5

good point about scumtells, I think I agree with this in terms of the macro game, which is what Naomi was referencing. +.5

Then we have a 400-post gap.

hm, why? I don't think anyone asked because there was a big ad-hominem fest going on at the time. Don't like the vote because it came during the Drone push. Seemed like Nero was trying to propose a counterwagon, it just didn't take because Nero has no towncred and made no argument.

6)
is the only time the entire game Nero mentions Drone. "What's the case on Drone?" Case was explained, Nero doesn't post again. Drone ends up dying. That whole section reads bad. -1

7)
He also never mentions Toto the entire time. Like, literally not a single instance of 'Toto' or stuff about Toto occurs in Nero's posts. -1

Total score: -8 out of 22 items. Average scum per post: -.36. This is just for future reference to see how this method correlates with alignment. Not scientific at all, though after many games it might start to become scientific.

I do think Nero is scum. He remains my most likely candidate. See 1-7 for the main posts that make me believe this.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2788 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:12 am

Post by MortFeld »

Lynching RK instead of Nero is dumb, we're doing so because Arc reads Nero as town? I get that Arc and Nero know each other over many games but forgive me for not just taking Arc's word here.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2789 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:19 am

Post by MortFeld »

By the way, can we brainstorm a way to avoid the scum no-kill scenario? To recap: Arc JKs someone and tells us who it is before nightfall. If this person is town, scum can no-kill to make us think that person is confscum. Lynching them puts us in a MYLO situation rather than LYLO. Scum can do this indefinitely, or even carry out a nightkill the next night with even numbers.

Two questions:

1) Does the benefit for scum of leading us down WIFOM paths in the coming days, and putting the game in a MYLO situation with little risk, outweigh the harm of leaving Arc alive another night? and
2) If the answer to 1) is yes, does town have any counterplay? I've been toying with the idea of having Chaos and Arc target the same person.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2790 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:30 am

Post by Shadow_step »

I asked you to claim.
Show

MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2791 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:31 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 2790, Shadow_step wrote:I asked you to claim.
Actually you didn't, you asked whether or not I had claimed yet. But I'm VT.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2792 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:41 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah so there is no way chaos is scum.
No way the only power town have against a mostly likely goon/goon/1 shot strongman setup is 1 shot vig+jk.
Show

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2793 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Shadow_step »

About the JK thing, if scum keep no killing to wifom us, to prevent that we keep no lynching and jailing the same person.
Mafia cannot choose to indefinitely no kill, if they do town auto wins.
Show

MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2794 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:45 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 2793, Shadow_step wrote:About the JK thing, if scum keep no killing to wifom us, to prevent that we keep no lynching and jailing the same person.
Mafia cannot choose to indefinitely no kill, if they do town auto wins.
Awesome, thanks for the solution. This would be a very funny end to a game.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2795 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:48 am

Post by MortFeld »

Wait. If scum keep no killing, and town keeps no lynching, at what point do we decide to split the difference and lynch? Or is there a point at which the game just ends in a town win?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2796 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

We are lynching because people are dying at night. If scum decide to stop killing there isn't a threat so we don't need to lynch.
Mod has to declare that town have won.
Show

MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2797 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:02 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 2796, Shadow_step wrote:We are lynching because people are dying at night. If scum decide to stop killing there isn't a threat so we don't need to lynch.
Mod has to declare that town have won.
I understand the first part, but not the second. Town win when all scum are dead. Scum win when all town are dead. If it is apparent that neither of these win conditions will be met, how does this result in a town win?
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2798 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:45 pm

Post by rb »

Tbh we won't know if scum nokilled or we jailed though, is my point ;)

We might jail then lynch the jailed person because no kill. They flip town. Scum nokills again, we lynch jail target - flips town.

Or we could just fucking play the game and stop being scared to find scum by daygame and totally forget about using gimmicks to do it - it WOULD work if we hadn't wifom'd the shit out of ourselves or discussed it for days.

I actually agree with Mort that Nero is a good lynch.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2799 (ISO) » Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:55 pm

Post by MortFeld »

In post 2798, rb wrote:Tbh we won't know if scum nokilled or we jailed though, is my point ;)

We might jail then lynch the jailed person because no kill. They flip town. Scum nokills again, we lynch jail target - flips town.

Or we could just fucking play the game and stop being scared to find scum by daygame and totally forget about using gimmicks to do it - it WOULD work if we hadn't wifom'd the shit out of ourselves or discussed it for days.
This is not productive. I'm trying to see if there's an optimal path for town here. If there isn't, then we play the game as usual. If there is, we take it. It's not a gimmick if it's foolproof.

Scum nokill, person is town

We no lynch and jail the same person.

Scum nokill, person is scum

We no lynch and jail the same person.

This continues until either scum decide to kill and let us confirm a townie, or they don't ever decide to kill. What I'm wondering is if the latter results in a town win.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”