Newbie 1759 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #50 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Friend Computer »

There was no way to tell it is a joke, and you have given extremely bad defenses.
rJXr
rJXr
Goon
rJXr
Goon
Goon

Post Post #51 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:05 am

Post by rJXr »

I'm not going to repeat myself again. You already stated those things, I have no reason to defend since there is no reasonable scumread on me.
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #52 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Friend Computer »

Ok, I'm not even going to try arguing with that.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #53 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 41, rJXr wrote:I don't even know where to start. First, stop editing quotes, that can cause a lot of trouble. Second there are no actions to explain since we were more likely still are in rvs and all that was happening was trolling at high level,...
First, I didn't put words in anyone's mouth by editing quotes. Second, Nobita, Friendly Computer, and I have been pushing this game out of RVS by questioning you. Votes on you are because of a scum read.
In post 41, rJXr wrote:... if you like to lynch me based on jokes I'm concerned you guys need to fix your town play....
Your votes clearly show that you did have that intent and it was more than a joke. Also, if it were a joke, you should have just said so when Friend Computer made a clearly serious case against you in post 25.
In post 41, rJXr wrote:...Nobitas wagon? You mean those first page rvs votes ( please go and look up rvs if you have no clue )? Those votes were 100% NAI, at least if you can't read minds.
Similarly, our votes on you should also be 100% NAI. Meanwhile, I'm getting scumreads on you on other factors I've mentioned in my posts.
[/quote]
In post 41, rJXr wrote:...
You guys seem very eager to hunt scum, please at least do it right.
Tell me what I'm doing wrong.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #54 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:06 pm

In post 53, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:...
Your votes clearly show that you did have that intent and it was more than a joke. Also, if it were a joke, you should have just said so when Friend Computer made a clearly serious case against you in post 25....
To add on to this, I don't think anyone laughed at that joke of yours.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #55 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:14 pm

In post 49, rJXr wrote:*your vote

I heavily suggest we lynch you. Your vote is not reasonable and you overdo reading into jokes from rvs....
Friend Computer's vote clearly wasn't RVS as he made a clearly serious case against you.
In post 49, rJXr wrote:... Nice try to pretend scumhunting for a scum.
Just look at that accusation against you in post 25. He clearly wasn't pretending to hunt for scum. Oh wait, you actually know that already as shown below.
In post 51, rJXr wrote:I'm not going to repeat myself again. You already stated those things, I have no reason to defend since there is no reasonable scumread on me.
You're saying Friend Computer's scumread is unreasonable because whatever you said in page 1 was a joke. I suggest you explain how that joke of yours is one. Otherwise, there's no reason to take it as one.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #56 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 20, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 12, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: It never hurts to have a guess! She stands out to me right now because, besides you, she's the only person thus far who didn't sheep my vote. Personally, I think she's town because the way she responded to my post felt like she was trying to do her own thing and not really appease anyone, which is more likely to come from town.
I don't get it. How can you determine someone's alignment by whether or not you're being sheeped?

VOTE: SugarNips
Subtle things, like tone, what catches their eye about a growing wagon, etc.

I feel decent about Selynee being town despite the fact she hasn't weighed in on anything besides RVS because her two posts were pretty transparently coming from a town mindset.
In post 30, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:VOTE: gigabyteTroubadour
In post 31, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 27, rJXr wrote:Are you kidding me? You wanna tell me I can change whatever I said later on if I catch suspicion? Yeah right..

Oh and friend, please try harder.
You need to do better than this to defend yourself, rJXr.
VOTE: rJXr
What made you vote me, but then change your vote to rJXr within this timeframe? Since these two posts are consecutive, there was no new content to make you want to move your vote over (unless you voted, read the game, then changed? in that case i'd like to explain your vote on me).
In post 33, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 32, rJXr wrote:I don't. There's no need to defend myself. Everybody can see I'm town.
This post says a lot about your alignment.
I agree, I think it's a town post actually.

I find that newbtown are much more likely to A: Find people pushing on them to be opportunistic and respond in a reactionary manner because they think that they're low hanging fruit, and B: Assume that everything they post should radiate town energy because they know that they're town. Usually, newbscum have a bit more of a guilty conscience.
In post 37, rJXr wrote:I have nothing to defend against guys. You are just exaggerating RVS and trying to hard. This would be the worst scumplay ever lol. At least 1 scum in this wagon I guess. Probably fredrick or friend.
Why do you think Friend's push on you is more likely to come from scum?
In post 39, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 37, rJXr wrote:I have nothing to defend against guys. You are just exaggerating RVS and trying to hard. 1)This would be the worst scumplay ever lol. 2)At least 1 scum in this wagon I guess. Probably fredrick or friend.
2) Similarly, at least 1 scum in Nobita's wagon, I guess. Probably rJXr or gigabyteTroubadour.
Why does there have to be scum on Nobita's wagon? RVS wagons form like that one did all the time here, so you can say this about any arbitrary grouping of 3 people. What makes rJXr/Me/Penguin different from, say, Selynee/FC/rJXr? And why is Penguin less likely than RJXr and me?

I do think that the case on rXJr isn't that good (I personally thought it was obvious that his bloodlust was joking and I was trying to play along because it's typical RVS shenanigans, but I can see why others would be inclined to scumread him), but I like the push for accountability/seriousness that's coming from Friend Computer.

Let's also remember that just because a defense is bad, it doesn't mean it's coming from scum. Personally, I try to look how genuine the person seems. rXJr has an awkwardness that I typically see from newbies regardless of their alignment, and I think the way he feels like he's being scumread for reasons he feels are NAI makes a lot of sense, especially if I were to put myself in his shoes.

My vote on Nobita is now serious, btw.

I have more I want to say but I want rXJr to respond to Frederick first. Also, the lack of Zito in this game is concerning :(
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Nobita
Nobita
Townie
Nobita
Townie
Townie

Post Post #57 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by Nobita »

In post 41, rJXr wrote:I don't even know where to start. First, stop editing quotes, that can cause a lot of trouble. Second there are no actions to explain since we were more likely still are in rvs and all that was happening was trolling at high level, if you like to lynch me based on jokes I'm concerned you guys need to fix your town play. Nobitas wagon? You mean those first page rvs votes ( please go and look up rvs if you have no clue )? Those votes were 100% NAI, at least if you can't read minds.

You guys seem very eager to hunt scum, please at least do it right.
By all mean the way your refusal for defense arguably suspicious hence why we strongly sure you are bad play scum now
Is it that hard for you to just defense yourself for this post?
1. Voting for someone who hasn't posted yet, just because they will prob be replaced.
2. Defending himself by saying that Day 1 is often a mislynch. It's true, but let's not encourage it.
3. Says it's "less interesting" to wait for a defense.
In post 56, gigabyteTroubadour wrote: Why does there have to be scum on Nobita's wagon? RVS wagons form like that one did all the time here, so you can say this about any arbitrary grouping of 3 people. What makes rJXr/Me/Penguin different from, say, Selynee/FC/rJXr? And why is Penguin less likely than RJXr and me?
Answer me gigabyteTroubadour why do you think Random Vote (RVS) would be good idea to start off the game?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #58 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:08 pm

In post 57, Nobita wrote:Answer me gigabyteTroubadour why do you think Random Vote (RVS) would be good idea to start off the game?
RVS is a good way to start the game because it gives town something to discuss and gets the game moving. We've been doing it here on this site for years and it works for us.

Heck, look where it's gotten us. We now have a serious wagon forming on rXJr, which regardless of people's reads on him, is a useful discussion topic that will help us find scum.

What do you propose as an alternative? If we don't start
somewhere
, can we really ever go anywhere?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #59 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:21 pm

Nobita, don't you think that scum caught on page 2 would be MORE inclined to defend themselves the way the lynchmob wants them to? A D1 scum lynch significantly increases town's chances of victory and I think rXJr has played enough games to know that.

Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #60 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:35 pm

In post 59, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Nobita, don't you think that scum caught on page 2 would be MORE inclined to defend themselves the way the lynchmob wants them to? A D1 scum lynch significantly increases town's chances of victory and I think rXJr has played enough games to know that.
rJXr decided to act calmly under all situations even though he's scum. Mystery solved.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #61 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:37 pm

In post 60, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 59, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Nobita, don't you think that scum caught on page 2 would be MORE inclined to defend themselves the way the lynchmob wants them to? A D1 scum lynch significantly increases town's chances of victory and I think rXJr has played enough games to know that.
rJXr decided to act calmly under all situations even though he's scum. Mystery solved.
How is rXJr being
calm
?

Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #62 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:37 pm

Since rJXr has played enough games to know that, he decided to avoid suspicion by acting calmly. It all +'s up.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #63 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:38 pm

In post 62, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
Since rJXr has played enough games to know that, he decided to avoid suspicion by acting calmly. It all +'s up.
But he's not acting calm in the slightest?

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #64 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:39 pm

Also, could you please explain the vote transition from to ?

Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #65 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:40 pm

In post 61, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 60, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
How is rXJr being
calm
?
And yes, gigabyteTroubadour, rJXr isn't acting calm. So, he might be scum unable to explain his little "joke".
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #66 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:41 pm

In post 56, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:...
In post 27, rJXr wrote:Are you kidding me? You wanna tell me I can change whatever I said later on if I catch suspicion? Yeah right..

What made you vote me, but then change your vote to rJXr within this timeframe? Since these two posts are consecutive, there was no new content to make you want to move your vote over (unless you voted, read the game, then changed? in that case i'd like to explain your vote on me).
You initiated the wagon. That's what made me vote you.
In post 39, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 37, rJXr wrote:I have nothing to defend against guys. You are just exaggerating RVS and trying to hard. 1)This would be the worst scumplay ever lol. 2)At least 1 scum in this wagon I guess. Probably fredrick or friend.
2) Similarly, at least 1 scum in Nobita's wagon, I guess. Probably rJXr or gigabyteTroubadour.
Why does there have to be scum on Nobita's wagon? RVS wagons form like that one did all the time here, so you can say this about any arbitrary grouping of 3 people. What makes rJXr/Me/Penguin different from, say, Selynee/FC/rJXr? And why is Penguin less likely than RJXr and me?
I'm just using rJXr's logic that Fredrick Campbell/Friend Computer in rJXr's wagon is likely to be scum. Ask rJXr for details of this logic.

I do think that the case on rXJr isn't that good (I personally thought it was obvious that his bloodlust was joking and I was trying to play along because it's typical RVS shenanigans, but I can see why others would be inclined to scumread him), but I like the push for accountability/seriousness that's coming from Friend Computer.
I would say both of you have a horrible sense of humor.
Let's also remember that just because a defense is bad, it doesn't mean it's coming from scum. Personally, I try to look how genuine the person seems. rXJr has an awkwardness that I typically see from newbies regardless of their alignment, and I think the way he feels like he's being scumread for reasons he feels are NAI makes a lot of sense, especially if I were to put myself in his shoes.

My vote on Nobita is now serious, btw.
What is it that makes your vote so?
I have more I want to say but I want rXJr to respond to Frederick first. Also, the lack of Zito in this game is concerning :(
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #67 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:42 pm

In post 65, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:And yes, gigabyteTroubadour, rJXr isn't acting calm. So, he might be scum unable to explain his little "joke".
If you agree with me that rJXr isn't acting calm, then why post:
Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
and
??

Clearly it doesn't add up if he's not acting calm.

p-edit: responding to quotestrip in next post

Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #68 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:44 pm

In post 67, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 65, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:And yes, gigabyteTroubadour, rJXr isn't acting calm. So, he might be scum unable to explain his little "joke".
If you agree with me that rJXr isn't acting calm, then why post:
and
??

Clearly it doesn't add up if he's not acting calm.

p-edit: responding to quotestrip in next post
I just messed things up writing post 66.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #69 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:45 pm

And yes, gigabyteTroubadour, the posts you quote doesn't add up.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #70 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:47 pm

Ah, OK.

In that case, we usually use the abbreviation EBWOP (edit by way of post) to clarify that that the second post is an edit of the last.

But I still don't understand the point. You agree that rXJr is not acting calmly. So why argue that he decided to avoid suspicion by acting calmly? It doesn't really make sense to me.

(still writing my response to the quote-strip, I just wanted to clarify this too)

also you can just call me giga or gt for short, i don't really mind

Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #71 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:50 pm

This is why I really shouldn't be doing programming while I play mafia. I do very illogical things like that.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #72 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:52 pm

My actual thoughts, now that my mind is cleared up, is that rJXr was unable to explain how funny his joke was. So, he decided to avoid answering the question.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #73 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:55 pm

In post 66, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:

You initiated the wagon. That's what made me vote you.
Do you believe that starting an RVS wagon is scummy, or was it just an RVS vote?
In post 66, Fredrick E Campbell wrote: I'm just using rJXr's logic that Fredrick Campbell/Friend Computer in rJXr's wagon is likely to be scum. Ask rJXr for details of this logic.
But the two wagons aren't the same. One wagon had completely baseless votes, while the other had votes with accusations behind them - meaning that they can be scrutinized for sincerity. Why use logic you don't believe in, anyway?
In post 66, Fredrick E Campbell wrote: I would say both of you have a horrible sense of humor.
I never said I found it funny. Playing along just means that I was in an RVS mindset at the time, where I generally like to push wagons for the sake of bloodlust.
In post 66, Fredrick E Campbell wrote: What is it that makes your vote so?
Not really a fan of how he's just egging on the wagon without really adding pressure of his own. Scum generally will want to blend in with whatever mislynch town decides to push rather than put themselves on the forefront.
Fredrick E Campbell wrote:This is why I really shouldn't be doing programming while I play mafia. I do very illogical things like that.
I feel that man :P

Also nice to see another coder here :)
My actual thoughts, now that my mind is cleared up, is that rJXr was unable to explain how funny his joke was. So, he decided to avoid answering the question.
I'm getting the sense that he doesn't feel the need to answer it because he feels it should be self-explanatory, not because he can't.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #74 (ISO) » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:56 pm

fwiw 90% of the time that it takes for me to respond to quotestrips is getting the formatting perfect :(

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”