Mini 515 - The Pine Barrens - Game Over!

Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:05 pm

Post by Rishi »

Game Summary

Day 1:
ryan modkilled

Night 1:
Mafia kills Spider Jerusalem
ThAdmiral protects Zakarum

Day 2:
Adel (replaced Zakarum) lynched

Night 2:
Mafia kills TheHermit
ThAdmiral protects hasdgfas

Day 3:
mcpaltp lynched

Night 3:
ThAdmiral protects hasdgfas
Mafia kills ThAdmiral
Taking a break from MS. Please send e-mail if you want to get in touch with me.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:10 pm

Post by Rishi »

Role PMs:
Townie wrote:
Role:
Townie
Rules:
Every day you must vote to lynch one of your own, or vote for No-Lynch. You have no other special powers. You win with the town.
Flavor:
Ah. The life of a townie. You always thought this little town was a nice place to live because, if you lived in one of those big cities, you think you’d be much more interesting. And being interesting is a lot of work! It’s much more fun to blend into the background.
6 Townies:
Boggzie
mcpaltp
ryan
Adel (replaced Zakarum)
neko2086
Spider Jerusalem
Doctor wrote:
Role:
Doctor
Rules:
Every night, you may protect one player by sending me a private message. If that player is targeted by the Mafia, then that player will not die. You win with the town.
Flavor:
This town really couldn’t afford to get a real doctor. You don’t have all the required training, but you did go to medical school for one year before dropping out. You’re not really the greatest doctor, so you couldn’t save just anyone from a bullet. You would really have to study the person that you want to save, to make sure you do the operation right. And, if you can’t do the operation right, it’s not worth doing at all.
1 Doctor:
ThAdmiral
Mason wrote:
Role:
Mason
Rules:
Every night, you may communicate with your Mason partner (any time the Mafia can communicate). You have no other special powers, but you know that your partner is innocent and has no other special role. You win with the town.
Flavor:
Man, it really sucked when the third member of you super secret society was killed by the Mafia. You want to recruit new members, but you don’t know who is Mafia and who isn’t. So you and your partner just sit around and play cards at night. The meetings get pretty boring with just two people, but on the bright side, you do have punch and pie.
2 Masons:
TheHermit
opie
Mafia wrote:
Role:
Mafia with ______
Rules:
Every night you and your partner will be able to communicate with each other and send me a private message with the name of one citizen to kill. During the day, your goal is blend in with the townies. You win when the Mafia has the same number of people alive as the town. Please note that there is a Traitor among the townies. The Traitor knows your identities but cannot be communicated with or recruited, but will hopefully help steer the game in the direction you want. The Traitor does not have to be killed for the town to win, but does count as Mafia for parity purposes. (e.g. 1 Mafia + The Traitor vs. 2 Townies = A win for the Mafia.)
Flavor:
One weekend, you and your partner put on your best suits with resumes in hand and drove up to Jersey City to apply to become Mafia goons. They turned you away due to lack of experience! Of all the nerve! You’ll show them who is inexperienced.
2 Mafia:
hasdgfas
Elias_the_thief
Traitor wrote:
Role:
Traitor
Rules:
During the day, your goal is blend in with the townies and try to steer them in the wrong direction. You win when the Mafia has the same number of people alive as the town. You know the identities of the Mafia. The Mafia does not know who you are, but does know there is a traitor among the townies. You cannot communicate with the Mafia or be recruited. You do not have to be killed for the town to win (if both Mafia are dead, you will be killed in endgame), but you count as Mafia for parity purposes. (e.g. 1 Mafia + The Traitor vs. 2 Townies = A win for the Mafia.)
Flavor:
You love the Mafia. You wish you could become friends with the people who are really the Mafia, but they have shunned you. You still love them anyway. But if you help them out, they have to take you in, right?
1 Traitor:
Bookitty
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:13 pm

Post by Rishi »

Just some notes:

Town, I wouldn't feel bad about your play. I thought the town did a decent job. It's just that the Mafia played EXTREMELY well here.

The town did not get much to help them against the Mafia, but there were dangers. Bookitty was the only person who knew the entire Mafia group. It was possible that the Mafia could have killed Bookitty and, if you caught hasdgfas and Elias_the_thief, Bookitty wouldn't be able to submit any kills.

I will have more comments later on, but congrats to the winners. Very well played. Hope the rest of you still had fun.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:51 pm

Post by Rishi »

Oh.. and I also wanted to mention that I wanted to thank all the players for their dedication to this game. The site has been experiencing a high flake-out factor in the past month or so, and only needed one replacement is extremely unusual.

And thanks to Adel for replacing.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:53 pm

Post by Adel »

Good job scum -- what an overwhelming victory!
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:59 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I wanted to say wow. I wasn't able to predict much of anything that happened in this game.

I have a few comments.
1) ThAdmiral: While I'm thankful that you protected me, I would like to know why you thought I was the most pro-town? It's hard to see these things yourself when you're the one playing, so for my future reference I want to know what you saw.
2) I thought there were many wonderful coincidences to help us out. Number one was ryan's dumb move. Number two was Adel coming in with her graphs and such. It was surprisingly easy to get her lynched since nobody thought her graphs helped. Then mcpaltp helped us on day 3 with his rather anti-town behavior. I thought everything that caused lynching was good play on the part of the town, but with this game's strangeness, that didn't end up helping.
3) My first thought for the kill night 3 was Bookitty, which would have prolonged the game. However, elias reminded me that this kill wasn't about who seemed most pro-town, but who was most definitely not the traitor.
4) Did either Elias or I have any votes placed on us after the "random" stage? I don't remember any.

If I have more thoughts, I'll post them, but I wanted to just state my initial post-game thoughts.
jdodge1019: hasjghsalghsakljghs is from vermont
jdodge1019: vermont is made of liberal freaks and cows
jdodge1019: he's not a liberal
jdodge1019: thus he is a cow
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:01 pm

Post by Adel »

well, my graphs weren't much good for this scum group.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:13 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

I also wanted to ask SJ what his thoughts on the game were, if he was reading it after his death. It's always interesting to hear about people's thoughts who were out of the game for a while.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:19 pm

Post by Adel »

I agree -- he seemed to be more astute than the average player.
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Also, good modding and flavor Rishi, I quite enjoyed it.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Not Statistically Significant
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Pronoun: He/Him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:47 pm

Post by Elias_the_thief »

Yeah, I really enjoyed this game. I think I was on top of my game, as was Hasdgfas, but really the town got screwed over pretty bad by Ryan day 1, which is really a large part of the loss.

My god, hasd, arent you so happy that I remembered my read on Bookitty? It all came from that thing with the clearing herself. To me it seemed that only someone who knew that the potential lynchee was town would enter into it.

Also, Rishi, thanks for this game. Good flavour, and I think one of the most enjoyable games of mafia I've played on the site in a while.
I play the games rul gud.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:49 pm

Post by Rishi »

I think the reason that the Mafia did so well this game, is that, during Day 1 and 2, you guys were able to hang back and not get involved in the lynch. All three of you were involved in the mcpaltp lynch, though, so you jumped in when it counted.

One thing that was interesting, hasdgfas - you had a post where you discussed the possibility of every other player being scum. You forgot to put Elias on that list anywhere (presumably, because, in your mind, you didn't want to build a case on him or build a connection.) I didn't think anyone would pick up on that besides me, but that was a pretty huge slip.

I still think you could have recovered if someone did notice - just accuse Elias of lurking (which he was at that point) and use that as the reason you forgot about him.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:50 pm

Post by Adel »

by the way, this is the second game (out of 17) I've played in where ryan got modkilled for doing something clearly against the rules. He is on my blacklist -- I will not join any game where he is a living player.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:03 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Thank you so much for not nightkilling me, Elias and Hasd :)

Best scumpartners ever, definitely. Even though I never got to talk to you out of thread, I thought you both were brilliant.

And I'm very sorry the town had to die in order to solve my self-esteem issues and allow me to feel accepted. But at least I lived happily ever after until Fat Tony shot me in a territory dispute one week after my induction into the mob.
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:04 pm

Post by Rishi »

Oh... and if you guys had killed Bookitty, I think you still would have won. Presumably, opie and ThAdmiral would have claimed to save themselves, but I think you could have gotten Boggzie lynched.
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:04 pm

I pmed mith about it and he said he would deal with it. I don't think it will be an issue in the future for him.

Yeah, I noticed that Rishi, but given that I quickly posted my own LOS with hasdgfas included, and the lurking thing you mentioned, it would have been easy to recover.
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:05 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Wow and wow. I feel like a complete dumbass. Well, I have to stand by most of my arguments, even though they turned out to be pretty much wrong. I realized after mcpaltp turned up townie (which surprised the hell out of me), that it would be a major oversight of the scum to be voting so closely together.

This was such a hard game. Elias, I'm not sure I would have ever caught onto you. Hasdgfas, I wondered about you, but others stuck out so much more. I have to say, this was incredibly well played by the mafia. Thanks for the condolences, Rishi, but I feel partly responsible for the town loss. I was
so sure
mcpaltp was scum, but I guess not.

Mcpaltp, for what it's worth, I'm sorry :oops:
I was going to say this at the end whether you turned up scum or town: I do believe you felt bad about the bus comment. I just couldn't believe, though, that you felt so bad about it as to wanting to be replaced. It seemed far too convenient. But, I really hope you won't hold a grudge against me, because I really felt you were enjoyable to play with.

Adel, sorry, but, I still think your play was rather unhelpful, but perhaps it was the reaction of the town (including myself) that was most harmful from that situation.

ThAdmiral, I was never very convinced that you were scum. Unfortunately, due to a lack of posting, you were gaining lots of negative attention.

Bookitty, pretty good playing overall, although I noticed how hard you advocated against admiral. On the other hand, I didn't really have anything else against you, so I'd say you did really well at staying out of the spotlight enough.

Overall, this was an incredibly fun game. I hope you won't hold my bull-headedness against me. I learned a lot from this game. I really look forward to playing in future games with you all!
In Tartiflette We Trust
neko2086
neko2086
Mafia Scum
neko2086
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:09 pm

Post by neko2086 »

Also, Rishi, you have been a wonderful mod. I can comfortably say that your the most creative and, most importantly, attentive mod I've had yet. Thanks for a great game!
In Tartiflette We Trust
hasdgfas
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
hasdgfas
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:46 pm

Post by hasdgfas »

Yeah, I was in a rush before I had to leave for vacation and since elias hadn't said anything lately, I didn't have anything to say about him, and that would have been my recovery from that situation,
bookitty wrote:And I'm very sorry the town had to die in order to solve my self-esteem issues and allow me to feel accepted. But at least I lived happily ever after until Fat Tony shot me in a territory dispute one week after my induction into the mob.
LOL Bookitty, I love it.
Rishi wrote:Oh... and if you guys had killed Bookitty, I think you still would have won. Presumably, opie and ThAdmiral would have claimed to save themselves, but I think you could have gotten Boggzie lynched.
Yeah, I agree with this. The claim might have worked, but I probably would have countered opie's Mason claim, and seeing as how ThAdmiral felt sure enough about me to protect me twice, I don't know who would have been believed more.
Boggzie would have been an easy lynch though, I think. The ryan thing and then the two hammers would probably have made it not too hard to get him.
Bookitty
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Bookitty
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:47 pm

Post by Bookitty »

Yes, absolutely kudos to Rishi. Awesome flavour and a really fun and well-modded game :)
"Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "we're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
"How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn't have come here."
Elias_the_thief
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Elias_the_thief
He/Him
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:10 pm

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that had we hit Boo, we couldve still pulled it out, given that we were both considered town by most, and there were several viable lynch targets. Hasdgfas definately surprised me. For being relatively new, he played remarkably well.
Adel
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Adel
Crystalline Logick
Crystalline Logick

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Post by Adel »

Bookitty wrote:And I'm very sorry the town had to die in order to solve my self-esteem issues and allow me to feel accepted. But at least I lived happily ever after until Fat Tony shot me in a territory dispute one week after my induction into the mob.
-- that left me expecting some great flavor from some future game modded by you.
mcpaltp
mcpaltp
Goon
mcpaltp
Goon
Goon

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:06 am

Post by mcpaltp »

I guess being really honest and trusting your gut isn't always the best policy. I suppose that this is quite an example of how my scumdar needs some re-tuning, as my top two choices for scum were both town. Sorry for acting so scummy, too.

Excelent play by the scum, and really excelent modding.
Rishi
Rishi
A Meer townie
Rishi
A Meer townie
A Meer townie

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 4:49 am

Post by Rishi »

Thanks for the compliments on the modding. It's something I wanted to do to help out but I found I enjoyed it a lot more than I originally thought I would.

If anyone wants in my next game, I am towards the top of the Mini Theme queue.

In the next game I am modding, there's a huge twist in the setup. Players don't vote during the day. As the day ends, there's a "voting phase" where the players PM me their votes. Every player must vote for a person or for No Lynch. Then, all votes are revealed. A run-off vote is conducted if no player reaches a majority. Then, the game proceeds to night.

The flavor will be light (probably about the same as this game) - I'm thinking Prohibition-era Chicago as a setting.

It's a bit of an experiment, so I'm hoping to get some good players.

PM me if you want to pre-/in or you can watch the Mini Theme queue.
opie
opie
Goon
opie
Goon
Goon

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:24 am

Post by opie »

I agree with all. Great game. This was my first game and I really enjoyed it. I also learned a lot of lessons, so I would like to thank everyone for that.

It's been said before but Rishi, really a great job.

I think we were in a real disadvantage from the beginning with ryan's behavior, but that isn't to discredit the play by the scum in any way.
hasdgfas, I didn't expect you at all. Elias_the_thief, I had an uneasiness about you earlier on but I could never see any real evidence to make a case. I chalked it up to an OMGUS reaction to your post in response to my Post 161. I did leave you out but your response with just didn't sit well with me. But since that was the only thing I could really point too, I decided to say nothing. And Bookitty, I kept going back and forth on and at the end you were creeping up my suspicious list, but obviously they were others I place ahead of you. Good job all.

I think we were also really distracted and ultimately harmed by Adel's methodology. Not only were his results completely incorrect, it also really shifted focus off of the business at hand.

I'm also curious why ThAdmiral made some of the decisions he did, especially the Night One decision regarding Zakarum. Not in a critical interest, just curious.

Thanks again everyone, I really enjoyed myself!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”