Newbie 1759 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #225 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Post by SugarNips »

Honestly Fred seems pretty relaxed about everyone thinking he's scum, which makes me think he's town. Either he's not taking the game very seriously or he doesn't feel he has to defend himself
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #226 (ISO) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 11:52 pm

Post by SugarNips »

Here's a fun experiment: Go look over all of SugarNips' posts and report back on what you find.
I could say the same about you Zito, you've got a lot more posts but you certainly aren't saying that much more
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #227 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:56 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 77, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
When I push an RVS wagon, I want to see who decides to hop on (and more importantly, how), who ignores it, who panicks, who acknowledges it but decides to vote elsewhere, etc. This is useful information for me.
There didn't seem to be a lot of thought in "how" you hopped on this wagon. Care to explain?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #228 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:08 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

Zito said you were scum

:^)

(inclined to agree with him especially now, and i'm hesitating about Nobita)

Do you think discrediting townreads is helpful for town?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #229 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:15 am

Post by SugarNips »

Following other players just because they seem like they're town might sound like great teamwork to you, but it's a pretty easy way to get manipulated by scum don't you think?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #230 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:10 am

In post 229, SugarNips wrote:Following other players just because they seem like they're town might sound like great teamwork to you, but it's a pretty easy way to get manipulated by scum don't you think?
who says i'm just sheeping?

why are you dodging my question?
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #231 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:56 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 226, SugarNips wrote:
Here's a fun experiment: Go look over all of SugarNips' posts and report back on what you find.
I could say the same about you Zito, you've got a lot more posts but you certainly aren't saying that much more
You're not the first person to hold this opinion. Suffice to say I'm doing what works for me.

Have you read the game?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #232 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 223, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 80, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 79, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:I believe that asking people to participate in a wagon is scummy.
I disagree with this, at least during RVS. I think wagons are a good way to get discussions started early in the game, and I'd argue it helped form the current group dynamic we have right now.

Why do you feel that way, by the way?

also the discussion about rvs is just reminding me that we really need an IC wall up in here :( ... rvs is great guys and if you stick around you're going to see it all the time
I think that there is no need to tell people to participate in a wagon. Anyway, a wagonless RVS stage is still fine, right?
gigabyteTroubadour?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #233 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:42 am

In post 232, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 223, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 80, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 79, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:I believe that asking people to participate in a wagon is scummy.
I disagree with this, at least during RVS. I think wagons are a good way to get discussions started early in the game, and I'd argue it helped form the current group dynamic we have right now.

Why do you feel that way, by the way?

also the discussion about rvs is just reminding me that we really need an IC wall up in here :( ... rvs is great guys and if you stick around you're going to see it all the time
I think that there is no need to tell people to participate in a wagon. Anyway, a wagonless RVS stage is still fine, right?
gigabyteTroubadour?
sorry!

I disagree. Like I said, I think wagons in RVS are helpful discussion points.

Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #234 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 7:14 am

Post by Friend Computer »

You haven't defended yourself within a day. That is treason.
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #235 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:23 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 228, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
Are you talking about my comment on Zito's lack of input? Because I was just trying to point out that a relatively low input doesn't necessarily mean someone is scum, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Aside from that though, it kinda depends on the context doesn't it? If someone's seriously convinced someone isn't town but everyone else is townreading them, they should still share that opinion.
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #236 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:27 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 230, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 229, SugarNips wrote:Following other players just because they seem like they're town might sound like great teamwork to you, but it's a pretty easy way to get manipulated by scum don't you think?
If you've got a legitimate reason for voting someone why not share it? Hiding your reasoning doesn't do anything to help town does it?
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #237 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:45 am

In post 235, SugarNips wrote:
Are you talking about my comment on Zito's lack of input? Because I was just trying to point out that a relatively low input doesn't necessarily mean someone is scum, sorry if that wasn't clear.

Aside from that though, it kinda depends on the context doesn't it? If someone's seriously convinced someone isn't town but everyone else is townreading them, they should still share that opinion.
Yes, I am! Obviously there was a difference, I knew you weren't trying to call him scum. But you said you townread Zito, and it doesn't really sit right with me that you decide to throw his commentary on him right back at him, especially considering I don't think Zito is lacking in content (even relatively).
In post 236, SugarNips wrote:
In post 230, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
If you've got a legitimate reason for voting someone why not share it? Hiding your reasoning doesn't do anything to help town does it?
I don't think I'm quite ready to share my reasoning in its entirely and I hope that me thinking you're scum is enough to satisfy you for now.

Trust me when I say that I know when to keep my cards close to my chest and when to show my hand to help town. ;)

Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #238 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:54 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 231, Papa Zito wrote:
You're not the first person to hold this opinion. Suffice to say I'm doing what works for me.

Have you read the game?
requoting this hello
Kappa
Just Monika
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #239 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:57 am

In post 235, SugarNips wrote:Aside from that though, it kinda depends on the context doesn't it? If someone's seriously convinced someone isn't town but everyone else is townreading them, they should still share that opinion.
thought i responded to this bit but i didn't :P

I was asking if you thought it was pro-town to discredit your own townreads, not universally townread people.

SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #240 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:01 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 237, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 235, SugarNips wrote:

Yes, I am! Obviously there was a difference, I knew you weren't trying to call him scum. But you said you townread Zito, and it doesn't really sit right with me that you decide to throw his commentary on him right back at him, especially considering I don't think Zito is lacking in content (even relatively).
Yeah I know I'll admit I'm not entirely sure what I was trying to do there. I do think Zito is town, the way he plays the game he seems to be trying to encourage people to come up with their own opinions instead of directly swaying them, I guess that could be sneaky scumplay but it just seems more like a town thing to do. The comment about Zito having a lack of content was mostly a bit of late night confusion, but being perfectly honest I do think his content is slightly lacking, he mostly just agrees with people or asks really short questions (most of which seem more like an IC trying to help the game flow than someone having legitimate interest). But as I said before, my whole stance on people's input in the game is that it can be a pretty poor grounds for a read.
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #241 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:03 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 238, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 231, Papa Zito wrote:

Have you read the game?
requoting this hello
uh... yes? It'd be kinda hard to play if I hadn't
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #242 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 241, SugarNips wrote:uh... yes? It'd be kinda hard to play if I hadn't
Ok cool. Can you give me your top 3 scumpicks? And like a sentence or two for each.
Kappa
Just Monika
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #243 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:10 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 239, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:
In post 235, SugarNips wrote:Aside from that though, it kinda depends on the context doesn't it? If someone's seriously convinced someone isn't town but everyone else is townreading them, they should still share that opinion.
thought i responded to this bit but i didn't :P

I was asking if you thought it was pro-town to discredit your own townreads, not universally townread people.
I wasn't trying to discredit my townread there, I can see how you got confused though.

I was trying to make a point about the amount of game input someone has not being good grounds for a read. I really should've used Selynee as an example, she's only made 6 posts but still doesn't seem scummy to anyone (myself included). But the votes on me (at least from Fredrick and Zito) seem to be solely based on my lack of input.
SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #244 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:16 am

Post by SugarNips »

In post 242, Papa Zito wrote:
Ok cool. Can you give me your top 3 scumpicks? And like a sentence or two for each.
Now that's the tricky part, no one strikes me as particularly scummy, yet. I'm mostly trying to get townreads, it's a lot easier to do at this point.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #245 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:18 am

I at least agree that activity is a bad basis for a read (although i just finished a game where 2/3 scum slots were extremely inactive).

willing to take a look at your reads. i should probably share mine soon too at some point

PEDIT:
SugarNips wrote:
In post 242, Papa Zito wrote:
Now that's the tricky part, no one strikes me as particularly scummy, yet. I'm mostly trying to get townreads, it's a lot easier to do at this point.
hey hey hey i like your style

in that case, could you answer the question about slots you're not townreading and what's confusing you/making you unsure?

SugarNips
SugarNips
Townie
SugarNips
Townie
Townie

Post Post #246 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:36 am

Post by SugarNips »

I have a lot of uncertainty about Friend Computer, he seems to be pushing really hard for a hammer of Fred, without really giving reasons why he wants him lynched. Basically it seems to me like he wants Fredrick gone because everyone else finds him suspicious, but one of the first arguments against Fred was that he was agreeing with other people too much (???)
In post 94, rJXr wrote:I'm gonna give a slight readlist after reading everything again.

Towniest

Nobita
Selynee (mostly gut)
Giga
Friend
Zito, PP, Nips
Fredrick

Scummiest

Based on the whole on going discussion I see him as most suspicious. Kinda for the same reasons as computer, but he's furthermore agreeing way too much to others. I feel like he's trying to push a misslynch on me without giving his own reasons. He argues about computers reasons and sheeps them, but his post lack content besides that and tend to repeat the same over and over. Computer on the other hand started the wagon on me on his own. I actually like him for doing so even tho his reasons are not good. Feels more like town trying to get this going.
In post 98, Friend Computer wrote:Also, I am suspicious of Frederick. rJXr is scummy on my list, but I do agree with his reasoning regarding Fred.

FOS: Frederick
In post 170, Friend Computer wrote:
VOTE: Frederick

If this would be a hammer, don't count the vote.
and this is just all kinds of suspicious
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #247 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Friend Computer »

No longer suspicious of Frederick. I was a bit pushy about that, sorry. I have a tendency to lock on to things.
Unvote, FNoS Frederick, FoS Zito
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #248 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 247, Friend Computer wrote:No longer suspicious of Frederick. I was a bit pushy about that, sorry. I have a tendency to lock on to things.
Why not? And why now Zito?

And, seriously, will people stop FoSing? Vote the guy if you think he's scummy.
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #249 (ISO) » Thu Dec 01, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 248, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 247, Friend Computer wrote:No longer suspicious of Frederick. I was a bit pushy about that, sorry. I have a tendency to lock on to things.
Why not? And why now Zito?

And, seriously, will people stop FoSing? Vote the guy if you think he's scummy.
Friend Computer is the only one who meeps FoSing.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”