Post by MagnaofIllusion »

Vote Count 2.13
- as of post 1899

SirCakez (4) - kraska77, Wisdom, Nachomamma8, Infinity 324
PantherPunt (1) - Leonshade
Nachomamma8 (1) - SirCakez
Wisdom (1) - PantherPunt

Not Voting (3) - PeregrineV, Tammy, Kagami

The Current deadline is December 5th at 10am EST in (expired on 2016-12-05 10:00:00)

The deadline has been slightly extended due to my normal weekend V/LA.

With 10 alive - 6 are required to lynch.

Activity Check
- All good currently.

V/LA List
-
None currently
Last edited by MagnaofIllusion on Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I am a leaf on the wind ... watch how I soar!"

Pretty much Geriatric game restricted at this point ... unless there are players I REALLY want to play with.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1901 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1888, kraska77 wrote:
peregrinooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

do something
Going to look at Shadow iso. Glanced eelier but want to dig more.

Do you think Tammy was shot last night?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1902 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:58 am

Post by PeregrineV »

Hah! Was almost mine.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1903 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:00 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1878, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1877, Tammy wrote:Now why I think it's slimy is I think he knows I wasn't saying that.
I misunderstood it in the moment, am aware of what you are saying right now. I know that you are aware when lurking is alignment indicative and when it isn't, but that doesn't mean that you won't get flashes of paranoia for reasons that ultimately end up being silly. I don't feel like I'm latching onto anything here; I made a comment that I thought it was kind of amusing that we were experiencing a bit of a role reversal from the MTGS game and you're the one who is saying that I'm misrepping and discrediting you, which doesn't make sense when the comment I made wasn't something that anyone here would pick up on because they didn't play that game.
No, the comment from mtgs was fine. But you literally said that I was calling you scum for not being here:
In post 1789, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1681, Tammy wrote:Was hoping for something way more from Nacho.

He's probably just scum :(
I thought it was funny that you brought up that you felt like me in Three Little Pigs because my first thought when I read this was that I understood how you felt in Three Little Pigs (although I'm obviously not as annoyed as you were). I understand why you were expecting the full catchup to happen Monday, but I don't think that it not happening should be a surprise and I don't think that "he is scum and putting this game off because he is scum" is a reasonable explanation for an absence there.
I'd probably not be having an issue with this is you had ended it with "surprise" because it's the last bit that bugs me.
I am in the top 90% of scumhunters onsite!
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1904 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:03 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1901, PeregrineV wrote:Do you think Tammy was shot last night?
probably
do you?
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1905 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:12 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 600, shaddowez wrote:Catch up post is just about done, so here's my reads prior (mostly off memory, I really need to start taking notes). I'll do an up to date one once I've done my catch up post.

Town - farside, Wisdom, kraska
Leantown - Kagami, Tammy
{Null=Leon, PeregrineV}
Leanscum - Cakez, Infinity, Nacho
Scum -
Bulba, Wraith

Everyone else was null due to lack of content or not being able to get a read.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1906 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:13 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1904, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1901, PeregrineV wrote:Do you think Tammy was shot last night?
probably
do you?
If she was, that would indicate one thing.

If she was not, it would indicate another.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1907 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:16 am

Post by Tammy »

Basically nacho I'm thinking about the last time I saw you as scum, at GOG, when I caught your partner in part for SK hunting and you dismissed it because you thought it was an SK kill also while perfectly well knowing that my argument was the he stopped scum hunting and was SK hunting.

As for why I'm also getting the feeling of gog is just the disconnection you feel here. I did like your energy day one; unfortunately it was ended too soon before I could really see you interact and how you would approach end of day.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1908 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:22 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1907, Tammy wrote:Basically nacho I'm thinking about the last time I saw you as scum, at GOG, when I caught your partner in part for SK hunting and you dismissed it because you thought it was an SK kill also while perfectly well knowing that my argument was the he stopped scum hunting and was SK hunting.

As for why I'm also getting the feeling of gog is just the disconnection you feel here. I did like your energy day one; unfortunately it was ended too soon before I could really see you interact and how you would approach end of day.
Plus, if you were the NK last night, Nacho makes more sense as scum, since you guys have that readback-feedback-reverb thing going on.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Wisdom
Wisdom
Of the One
Wisdom
Of the One
Of the One

Post Post #1909 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Wisdom »

Either it's Nacho/Cakez or Leon is Xykon and it's Leon/Cakez or Leon/Nacho (former more likely)
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1910 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 603, shaddowez wrote:Town - farside, kraska, PV
Leantown - Tammy, Wisdom, Infinity, Nacho
Leanscum - Cakez, Kagami, Leon
Scum -
Bulba, Wraith

(Details to come probably tomorrow, Mondays and meetings suck)
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1911 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:54 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1909, Wisdom wrote:Either it's Nacho/Cakez or Leon is Xykon and it's Leon/Cakez or Leon/Nacho (former more likely)
I don't think scum would
A. be allowed to shoot a teammate
b. shoot a teammate

So how is Leon a consideration for mafia?
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1912 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1911, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1909, Wisdom wrote:Either it's Nacho/Cakez or Leon is Xykon and it's Leon/Cakez or Leon/Nacho (former more likely)
I don't think scum would
b. shoot a teammate

Leon had to shoot shadowez, and some mods do allow scum to shoot a teammate.
Tammy
Tammy
Survivor
Tammy
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1913 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:16 am

Post by Tammy »

In post 1908, PeregrineV wrote:
In post 1907, Tammy wrote:Basically nacho I'm thinking about the last time I saw you as scum, at GOG, when I caught your partner in part for SK hunting and you dismissed it because you thought it was an SK kill also while perfectly well knowing that my argument was the he stopped scum hunting and was SK hunting.

Plus, if you were the NK last night, Nacho makes more sense as scum, since you guys have that readback-feedback-reverb thing going on.
Me possibly being the nk last night is the thing that is giving me the most pause where nacho is concerned. He'd have little reason to kill me besides the vig shot I might possibly have. I didn't express any doubts on him yesterday; I only expressed them last night in the neighborhood. In order for him to have known about it, Kraska would have had to tell him, which would mean he also knows I'm bulletproof so it would be a wasted shot unless he was trying to confirm kraska as town. Except he knows I get paranoid and would entertain this possibility.

Regardless I just can't understand why he would shoot me night one.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1914 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:19 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1912, Tammy wrote:
In post 1911, PeregrineV wrote:
I don't think scum would
b. shoot a teammate

Leon had to shoot shadowez, and some mods do allow scum to shoot a teammate.
Can you point to any regular onsite games where it has happened? Not mircos.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1915 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Oh shit it's Robb Stark
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1916 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:21 am

Post by PeregrineV »

In post 1913, Tammy wrote:
In post 1908, PeregrineV wrote:

Me possibly being the nk last night is the thing that is giving me the most pause where nacho is concerned. He'd have little reason to kill me besides the vig shot I might possibly have. I didn't express any doubts on him yesterday; I only expressed them last night in the neighborhood. In order for him to have known about it, Kraska would have had to tell him, which would mean he also knows I'm bulletproof so it would be a wasted shot unless he was trying to confirm kraska as town. Except he knows I get paranoid and would entertain this possibility.

Regardless I just can't understand why he would shoot me night one.
If you were scum and Nacho was town, would you leave him around?

If nightklills aren't rolefishing or a group decision or a game reason, I find they are mostly personal (as in XXXX knows me too well, not as in I hate XXXX).
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1917 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1913, Tammy wrote:I didn't express any doubts on him yesterday
yeah.
farside makes way more sense as a nacho nk
kagami too
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1918 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:22 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1886, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1403, Kagami wrote:Fwiw: Leon being a modified lynched on town makes a lot of sense. The alternative explanations are: 8-3-1 setup
despite many vanillas
, fake claim for no reason on pro-town 3rd party, or scum killed their own as a gambit.
nacho how do feel about the bolded? i think this is unlikely to come from scum...its one of the few things in kagami's iso that make me think shes likely town
I think that I'm missing something here; why do you think that it's town?
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

PeregrineV
PeregrineV
Survivor
PeregrineV
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1919 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:23 am

Post by PeregrineV »

@Wisdom
- Why did you shoot Bulba again? I was looking through and he was a townread in most all your posts.
I will have
Limited Access
on weekends.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1920 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1846, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1807, farside22 wrote:Listen, I'm not sure about you but a 180 switch does happen.
I'm going to bring up biker wars as an example.
Parama suddenly stopped scum reading me to just switch back.
If multiple players still scum read you and wisdom as scum can just push a mislynch on me today, fake I guess I was wrong and go back to calling you scum, how is that anything at all when he was never satisfied with your response in the first place?
That's why the switch reads fake as fuck.
No one's denying that 180 switches happen from scum, but they happen from both alignments and so saying "haha! he switched his read!" on its own doesn't really form a case.
You point out that he can hypothetically switch, push to mislynch you, then swap back to me after he's dead, and sure I guess he can do that, but look at the situation in full.

When he backed off, he gave reasoning for backing off, and in particular, he backed off on his strongest reason for calling me scum and said that his other reason wasn't "a major part of his reasoning". If he jumps back on, he needs justification for returning that he didn't have before - this is him as scum making an already hard job harder than it should be. You're also kind of making me seem like a poor, defenseless baby bird here; I don't know if you've seen me mislynched before, but when I do I usually go down kicking, screaming, throwing my shoes down hallways. Wisdom is letting go of a bird in hand to chase a bird in a bush and sort of assuming that it will still be there when he needs it later; can't really see that happening, especially when you've been a decent townread of a good number of players for a solid section of the game and especially when you're the type of player who tends to push back hard.

And I mean, sure, it's possible like anything is possible but I feel like you're discounting the viewing the "leave and come back" route as a hell of a lot easier than it actually is.
^wisdom town

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1921 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:24 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1916, PeregrineV wrote:If you were scum and Nacho was town, would you leave him around?

If nightklills aren't rolefishing or a group decision or a game reason, I find they are mostly personal (as in XXXX knows me too well, not as in I hate XXXX).
but see, towards the end of the day, anti-nacho sentiment started flying about the room and it was mostly farside and kagami's doing. wisdom chimed in on it too iirc, maybe infinity too.
tammy at the time looked like one of the few people who wouldnt give him a hard time on day 2
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1922 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:25 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 1840, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1804, Infinity 324 wrote:Because she doesn't look like she's trying to improve.
I don't think that following through with promises to improve is particularly indicative of alignment. I don't think that someone saying that they are going to stop overreacting means that they're going to stop overreacting; generally, the reason why they overreact has something to do with their personality or is fairly entrenched and isn't going to change just because someone says it is. There are plenty of times when people say they are going to do something and then they don't do it; New Year's is famous for this sort of thing.
In post 1804, Infinity 324 wrote:It seems genuine but that doesn't mean it's necessarily town.
You're right that farside could be annoyed because she's being held to a higher standard than townies and that this is "caught for the wrong reasons" scum farside, but the way it unfolded didn't really feel that way and it feels like there's a big enough gap between this response and Duck Duck Goose where, again, she'd have to be going pretty deep if she was scum. The situation that she's set up is basically that people are voting her are causing her to quit playing mafia which, if intentional, is like an exceptional form of emotional terrorism. I think scum are less likely to set up their emotions like this because they feel like they're being darkly manipulative whereas townies are more likely to say it because it feels like they're being attacked unfairly. Does this make sense at all?
^farside town

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #1923 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Infinity explanation hasn't been given but I find the way that he's been engaging and explaining his reads; I can possibly explain this later if necessary but it seems like most of the suspicion surrounding him has burned out altogether.

kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1924 (ISO) » Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:27 am

Post by kraska77 »

In post 1918, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 1886, kraska77 wrote:
In post 1403, Kagami wrote:Fwiw: Leon being a modified lynched on town makes a lot of sense. The alternative explanations are: 8-3-1 setup
despite many vanillas
, fake claim for no reason on pro-town 3rd party, or scum killed their own as a gambit.
nacho how do feel about the bolded? i think this is unlikely to come from scum...its one of the few things in kagami's iso that make me think shes likely town
I think that I'm missing something here; why do you think that it's town?
therere only 2 flipped vanillas and thats hardly "many". so this is basically kagami claiming vt and i dont see why kagami as scum would randomly cut down options for herself like that when theres no need to

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”