Newbie 1759 (Game Over)

For Newbie Games, which have a set format and experienced moderators. Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:45 am

Post by Friend Computer »

I said I may be wrong.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 8:25 am

Post by gigabyteTroubadour »

In post 289, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 278, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Penguin - Lynchpool
I'd like this explained.
Entrance was weird - the first thing he commented on when there was a wagon forming was the fact that rXJr placed him (and several others) at a position that looked like nullscum in a readlist.

Push on Frederick feels understated (and is on a player that seems easy to lynch) and he hasn't really done much to sort the other slots.

also obviously this is new but i really hate his recent posts wrt to my reads, especially considering he has seen me play as town (from a moderator's perspective but still)
PenguinPower wrote:
In post 288, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:AND ANOTHER THING

i pull "town poe bs" in a lot of my games because it's my playstyle. when i get scumreads i push them but townhunting always comes first, especially in a gamestate like this
I don't like this.
like this is such a bad post ok
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

☭ I'm coming for that toothbrush ☭
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Papa Zito »

Ok let's break this down a bit.
In post 301, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Entrance was weird - the first thing he commented on when there was a wagon forming was the fact that rXJr placed him (and several others) at a position that looked like nullscum in a readlist.
What's 'weird' about this? And why is a scum player more likely to do it than a town one?
Push on Frederick feels understated (and is on a player that seems easy to lynch) and he hasn't really done much to sort the other slots.
What does "understated" mean? What are you expecting here?

For the second bit you could say that about basically the entire town.
also obviously this is new but i really hate his recent posts wrt to my reads, especially considering he has seen me play as town (from a moderator's perspective but still)
Can you be more specific here.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:32 am

In post 302, Papa Zito wrote:What's 'weird' about this? And why is a scum player more likely to do it than a town one?
Weird in that there was a lot to talk about at the time. There was a divide in town between the people wagonning rXJr and the people townreading him and he just kinda sidestepped the entire conversation.

Scum care about they way people are reading them.

Understated in that he isn't really doing much to get the wagon going through, he's just kind of there when a non-newbie slot should at least be trying to get things going when town is lacking in content.

Yeah, you can say that about the whole town but that's because most of town are newbies and aren't sure what to do. We and PP are supposed to be leading town when the gamestate is like this because we know how to play forum mafia.

Him disliking me focusing on townreads and using PoE as a starting point for scumreads doesn't make a lot of sense because he saw that I did that as town. I actually don't get any of the shade he's throwing at me and I think he should know a little better.
i no longer strictly go by they/them and honestly prefer she/her but they/them's fine if you're used to it i guess

Zaicon
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Zaicon
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:58 am

Post by Zaicon »

Sorry guys, I made a draft of the vote count yesterday but never posted it!

Vote Count 1.3

SugarNips (3):
Papa Zito, gigabyteTroubadour, Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell (2):
rJXr, PenguinPower
gigabyteTroubadour (1):
Nobita

No Vote (3):
Friend Computer, Selynee, SugarNips

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch!

Deadline is Thursday, December 8, at 4:00 PM CST, which is in (expired on 2016-12-08 16:00:00).

Prodding Nobita.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

In post 304, Zaicon wrote:
No Vote (3):
Friend Computer, Selynee, SugarNips
this is not ok
Kappa
Just Monika
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 3:27 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

I'm really inactive on weekends...apologies for the terseness.
In post 301, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Entrance was weird - the first thing he commented on when there was a wagon forming was the fact that rXJr placed him (and several others) at a position that looked like nullscum in a readlist.
That was neither my entrance to the game, nor had it anything to do with a "forming wagon." rJ legit posted reads of people that - need I remind you he shifted easily upon my questioning - had not done anything to warrant needs in a format that did not indicate null.
In post 301, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Push on Frederick feels understated (and is on a player that seems easy to lynch) and he hasn't really done much to sort the other slots.
When you think you catch scum...do you a.) push scum or b.) push other reads?
In post 301, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:also obviously this is new but i really hate his recent posts wrt to my reads, especially considering he has seen me play as town (from a moderator's perspective but still)
Disingenuous. I've seen you play town!PR. I have not seen you play town or scum. Why should I read you any differently, not knowing your meta? Not to mention, I witnessed from a mod standpoint, and not from real-time interaction. Blah.
In post 301, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:like this is such a bad post ok
Skip to below.
In post 303, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Yeah, you can say that about the whole town but that's because most of town are newbies and aren't sure what to do. We and PP are supposed to be leading town when the gamestate is like this because we know how to play forum mafia.
Bullshit. I'm not an IC. I'm an SE, and I have no obligation to do shit. If I wanted to lead town, I would have /in IC'd.
In post 303, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:Him disliking me focusing on townreads and using PoE as a starting point for scumreads doesn't make a lot of sense because he saw that I did that as town. I actually don't get any of the shade he's throwing at me and I think he should know a little better.
I don't dislike searching for town!reads - nor was my comment about disliking that - and going for POE. rb proves that's an effective strategy. I don't think that's what you're doing, however. Look at your town pool right now and tell me that isn't pocketing. From most active to least active. From most willing to debate you to least willing to debate you.

Nah. That's why I said it was bad.

VOTE: Gigabytetroubadour

You can consider that my last vote for D1.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:27 pm

In post 306, PenguinPower wrote:That was neither my entrance to the game,
nor had it anything to do with a "forming wagon."
rJ legit posted reads of people that - need I remind you he shifted easily upon my questioning - had not done anything to warrant needs in a format that did not indicate null.
Good on you for acknowledging the exact issue I took with your entra- sorry, since you care so much for semantics, first non-RVS post. Dodging a controversy isn't a town thing to do because town should be taking sides (or pointing out that both sides are town and trying to stop the controversy) in order to find scum.

And it doesn't exactly take a detective to figure that he was nullreading 3 slots that had barely posted. Anyway though, who gives a shit about the placement of rXJr's reads? Him changing the order of his reads isn't scummy at all because you poked him for clarification. Do you think he actually changed how he was reading those slots by reorganizing his readlist?
In post 306, PenguinPower wrote:When you think you catch scum...do you a.) push scum or b.) push other reads?
Depends on how strongly I feel about the scumread. My current preferred lynch is SugarNips. The wagon isn't mine, and I'm not really that confident on my reads below Frederick so I'm trying to poke the other areas to see what I can find. I'm letting Zito do the pushing because it's his wagon, I'm sheeping.

Although now my scumread on both you and SugarNips are solidifying. I'm pretty sure the scumteam is caught.

If this is an underhanded way to ask why I'm not voting you, I've been far more interested in a SugarNips lynch and I only have one vote. You're definitely my PoI for tomorrow though.
In post 306, PenguinPower wrote:Disingenuous. I've seen you play town!PR. I have not seen you play town or scum. Why should I read you any differently, not knowing your meta? Not to mention, I witnessed from a mod standpoint, and not from real-time interaction. Blah.
The general idea of how I approach the game is the same whether I have a PR or not. Sure, you don't have a super nuanced understanding of my play but you should at least know that my strategy focuses on finding townreads and doesn't deviate from what I'm doing here. I'm just shitposting less.
In post 306, PenguinPower wrote:Bullshit. I'm not an IC. I'm an SE, and I have no obligation to do shit. If I wanted to lead town, I would have /in IC'd.
I'm not asking you to lead town, but at least think about the game state. Most of the newbie slots are kind of neutral about what's going on. The solution should be to encourage the newbies to do shit, and I'm trying to lead by example. You openly admitting that you're okay with being anti-town because you're not an IC is concerning.
In post 306, PenguinPower wrote:I don't dislike searching for town!reads - nor was my comment about disliking that - and going for POE. rb proves that's an effective strategy. I don't think that's what you're doing, however. Look at your town pool right now and tell me that isn't pocketing. From most active to least active. From most willing to debate you to least willing to debate you.
how do you differentiate between "pocketing" and townreading? I would think that pocketing isn't townreading a slot, but making that slot townread you. If you agree with this, can you point out some posts that you think are me trying to manipulate people into townreading me?

I'd also like to know who you think my partner is, because if I'm scum pocketing someone that means that they're town. You'll notice that as you go through and eliminate all of the slots I'm "pocketing" that I run out of logical partners. I'll even do this exercise for you if you need help.

Also, your "most active to least active" and "most willing to least willing to debate me" theory isn't even grounded in reality. How is Selynee more active than FriendComputer or yourself? How is SugarNips willing to debate me?

Glad to see you decided to vote me after this long.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:37 pm

penguin's argument is basically turning something completely normal to do (townreading slots that are posting well) and trying to turn it into something scummy when there's evidence it's not. also notice that he's more interested in semantics (the ordering of rXJr's readlist, me calling his second post in the game an entrance) than he is explaining what he means when I "pocket" people by townreading them when his explanation (i'm townreading active newbies) doesn't even make sense with what's actually happening in-thread (selynee is hardly an active slot)

but also notice the convenient timing of this push on me. we've squabbled here and there during the thread, but now that SugarNips is getting heat and I've outted a scumread on him I'm apparently lock-scum to penguin now. This is an obvious chainsaw. Earlier even, penguin said that SugarNips is a good scumread, yet never votes there.

If you can't see why this means that the scumteam isn't SugarNips and Penguin I don't know how to help you. Let's vote SugarNips so we can end the day.

gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:38 pm

In post 308, gigabyteTroubadour wrote:If you can't see why this means that the scumteam is SugarNips and Penguin
lmfao

ebwop

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:50 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Oooh. Flail. Nice.

Like, that was a lot of words. Didn't mean much.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:53 pm

lmfao you're not even going to try at this point

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:54 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

If you mean, "Am I goingng to respond to the wall?" No. No, I'm not.
gigabyteTroubadour
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
gigabyteTroubadour
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:57 pm

i love it when i get to have the last word in

Spoiler: sorry for forgetting to spoiler my last .gif i got excited...............

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:59 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Penguins love salmon. Let's lynch nips and then tunnel gigs after nips flips town. Cool with that.

Probs rJ after that.
Papa Zito
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by Papa Zito »

You really think nips is flipping town?
Kappa
Just Monika
Fredrick E Campbell
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Fredrick E Campbell
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:33 pm

Post by Fredrick E Campbell »

In post 310, PenguinPower wrote:Oooh. Flail. Nice.

If Penguin usually respond to walls, I'm scumreading him for this.
Friend Computer
Friend Computer
Townie
Friend Computer
Townie
Townie

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:02 am

Post by Friend Computer »

VOTE: PenguinPower

For the joke he made a couple posts above.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 315, Papa Zito wrote:You really think nips is flipping town?
I do. And, gigs will flip red.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 316, Fredrick E Campbell wrote:
In post 310, PenguinPower wrote:Oooh. Flail. Nice.

If Penguin usually respond to walls, I'm scumreading him for this.
I don't. You can check my other games to see I hate walls.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 317, Friend Computer wrote:
VOTE: PenguinPower

For the joke he made a couple posts above.
Sorry...was it that bad of a joke.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Selynee »

VOTE: SugarNips

Would have liked to hear more from him but I believe he is the best option at this point.
Selynee
Selynee
Goon
Selynee
Goon
Goon

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Selynee »

In post 285, PenguinPower wrote:So is rJ. He's townish, but not conf!town.
In post 314, PenguinPower wrote:Penguins love salmon. Let's lynch nips and then tunnel gigs after nips flips town. Cool with that.

Probs rJ after that.
What made you change your mind regarding rJ?
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:09 am

Post by PenguinPower »

My read on giga. Completely associative.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sun Dec 04, 2016 3:20 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Ok...probs not rJ. rJ is the one giga is trying to pocket the hardest.

Return to “The Road to Rome [Newbie Games]”