Newbie 1761: Welcome to Mafia (Game Over)

XnadrojX
XnadrojX
Goon
XnadrojX
Goon
Goon

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:17 pm

Post by XnadrojX »

I can go more in-depth if you want but I can't do it now, I'm busy at the moment
Show
Transcend: His name is Jordan backwards, just call him Jordan.
Something_Smart: Your name is Dnecsnart backwards, should I call you Dnecsnart?
Transcend: lol that actually sounds funny

I've got a wiki!
Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:01 am

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.12XnadrojX (2) - Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez, Cheetory6
Cheetory6 (1) - algebra
Clemency (1) - XnadrojX
Deimos27 (1) - MortFeld
MortFeld (1) - Deimos27

Not Voting (3) - ArcAngel9, karldilkington, Clemency

With 9 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, December 13, 2016, at 9:00 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2016-12-13 21:00:00).

Moderator CommentsArcAngel9 is on V/LA from December 2 to December 8.
Deimos27 is on V/LA from December 4 to December 6.
Last edited by Equinox on Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Okay, so Clemency's push on me is the kind of push you would see him making as town, if I flip scum? But if I flip town, he's driving for a mislynch and extra scummy.

Look, if I flip town:
Clemency is either town sheeping you, and whom happens to not have the best gut reads.

Or he's scum driving for a mislynch on me.

If I flip scum:
He's town who's gutreads happen to be exceptional. (Who knew? But why isn't he voting me...)

Or he's scum who's not participating in the wagon (because they don't really want their scumpartner lynched) whilst still throwing shade at me, to get dat towncred.

But you seem to know exactly which is the case in both situations, which is the discrepancy. So feel free to explain that.
Also, how is the fact that I haven't been pressured much scummy?

Also, what formed the basis for your town read on me? And, assuming you can cogently explain a scummy discrepancy that I'm not seeing, how does this erase your town read of me?
1. It ain't. That's null, so excuse me while I try to sort you, eh?

2. You're questioning and activity, but who says you're not scum being the town we never had? It would be an excellent opportunity to get universally townread. My earlier read was not thought through. It was flawed.

3. Huh? It didn't. You were null as mentioned above.

What I'm exploring is a Mort + Clem scum team, and I actually really like what I'm seeing in that regard. Therefore I'll swing for the Clemency wagon, because even if Mort is scum he's been doing some great work for town, and mislynching Mort would be super bad as opposed to mislynching Clemency, which is comparatively risk-free.

VOTE: Clemency
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:10 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Okay, so Clemency's push on me is the kind of push you would see him making as town, if I flip scum? But if I flip town, he's driving for a mislynch and extra scummy.

Look, if I flip town:
Clemency is either town sheeping you, and whom happens to not have the best gut reads.

Or he's scum driving for a mislynch on me.

If I flip scum:
He's town who's gutreads happen to be exceptional. (Who knew? But why isn't he voting me...)

Or he's scum who's not participating in the wagon (because they don't really want their scumpartner lynched) whilst still throwing shade at me, to get dat towncred.

But you seem to know exactly which is the case in both situations, which is the discrepancy. So feel free to explain that.

Also, what formed the basis for your town read on me? And, assuming you can cogently explain a scummy discrepancy that I'm not seeing, how does this erase your town read of me?

2. You're questioning and activity, but who says you're not scum being the town we never had? It would be an excellent opportunity to get universally townread. My earlier read was not thought through. It was flawed.

What I'm exploring is a Mort + Clem scum team, and I actually really like what I'm seeing in that regard. Therefore I'll swing for the Clemency wagon, because even if Mort is scum he's been doing some great work for town, and mislynching Mort would be super bad as opposed to mislynching Clemency, which is comparatively risk-free.

Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:15 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Double post. Wot?
Lethargy
Lethargy
Townie
Lethargy
Townie
Townie

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:12 am

Post by Lethargy »

Alright, I might be bad, but I wouldn't be dumb enough to buddy up with a scumpartner that hard. Sheeping is something I do, you know that, and I plan to do that a bunch in this game as well.
I agree with you in the sense that it'd be a lot better to mislynch me than Mort, but it'd be best to not mislynch at all. The reason I haven't voted you yet is only because I wasn't paying attention and thought I had already.

VOTE: Deimos
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: any

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 4:13 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 305, Lethargy wrote:Alright, I might be bad, but I wouldn't be dumb enough to buddy up with a scumpartner that hard. Sheeping is something I do, you know that, and I plan to do that a bunch in this game as well.
I agree with you in the sense that it'd be a lot better to mislynch me than Mort, but it'd be best to not mislynch at all. The reason I haven't voted you yet is only because I wasn't paying attention and thought I had already.

Oh for fucks sake I've done that twice in 2 posts already.
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:46 am

Post by Deimos27 »

I believe Mort asked you a question. I believe you ought to go ahead and answer it. What is your case on me other than gut?
Deimos27
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Deimos27
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Deimos27 »

Also where did you "buddy hard" with Mort?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 302, Deimos27 wrote: What I'm exploring is a Mort + Clem scum team, and I actually really like what I'm seeing in that regard. Therefore I'll swing for the Clemency wagon, because even if Mort is scum he's been doing some great work for town, and mislynching Mort would be super bad as opposed to mislynching Clemency, which is comparatively risk-free.
You are scumhunting by association on Day 1. There are many reasons this is bad play. I wish the IC were here. One such reason is that a Mort + Clem scum team is impossible because Mort is town, but of course if you're town you wouldn't know that. The point is, you are taking a line of play that has been proven to be poor over time and I know for a fact that it is poor this game. Now, poor because you're arrogant newbtown, or poor because you're scum trying to discredit people's primary town read? Not sure.
In post 302, Deimos27 wrote:
Then why did you mention it while building a scum case on me? Also, your vote on me in the same post makes it untrue, which I find kind of funny.
Also, what formed the basis for your town read on me?
So you were townreading me because I am doing towny things, but now you question the town read because I might be scum doing towny things. Explain how this wouldn't mean every town read is flawed. All town reads are based on people doing towny things, so it seems like you don't believe town reads are valid, at least on Day 1.
And, assuming you can cogently explain a scummy discrepancy that I'm not seeing, how does this erase your town read of me?
You voted me. You are also saying you think I am scum with Clemency. This is not consistent with a null read at this point in time. Are you saying that you null read me before you came up with the scum case against me? Then why did you also say you town read me before in and I assume earlier?
Players I admire: Thor665, Lapsa, RC
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 302, Deimos27 wrote:Okay, so Clemency's push on me is the kind of push you would see him making as town, if I flip scum? But if I flip town, he's driving for a mislynch and extra scummy.

Look, if I flip town:
1)Clemency is either town sheeping you, and whom happens to not have the best gut reads.

2)Or he's scum driving for a mislynch on me.

If I flip scum:
3)He's town who's gutreads happen to be exceptional. (Who knew? But why isn't he voting me...)

4)Or he's scum who's not participating in the wagon (because they don't really want their scumpartner lynched) whilst still throwing shade at me, to get dat towncred.

But you seem to know exactly which is the case in both situations
, which is the discrepancy. So feel free to explain that.
Let's label your possibilities 1), 2), 3), and 4) for convenience's sake.

Why do you say this? I've basically said I think 2) and 3) are most likely. Show me where I rule out 1) and 4)? And, since you'll find I never rule out 1) and 4), also show me how believing 2) and 3) are most likely means I have prior info.

And ffs read and again and please really consider whether you think they show I have prior info. I think the assertion is absurd.

Also, this is not a discrepancy. It is an argument attempting to show I have prior info. Originally, it seemed like you were trying to show I was scumreading Clemency at one point and townreading him at another with no reason to change. That is a scummy discrepancy, but I did not do that. Now you're arguing that I have prior info. Keep your scum case straight.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:52 am

Post by MortFeld »

Unanswered questions from people who posted after the questions were asked.

@Xnad, can you answer the first part of my please?

@Clem, can you answer my please, as well as the question I asked that Deimos pointed out - "What is your case on Deimos other than gut," specifically since you said it was
mostly
gut.
In post 305, Lethargy wrote:Alright, I might be bad, but I wouldn't be dumb enough to buddy up with a scumpartner that hard. Sheeping is something I do, you know that, and I plan to do that a bunch in this game as well.

So you're voting Deimos because of gut, and because you're sheeping me?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:00 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 299, XnadrojX wrote: These "scumreads" are bad imo.

"I don't have any scumreads at the moment, but Deimos and Xand seem most suspicious to me."
"You can't breadcrumb having null reads on Deimos and Xnad while also saying they're suspicious."
"In that case these are my scumreads."
^Does this feel bad to anyone as well?

Him saying you did all the reasoning for why I'm scum is also bad.
Agree, and agree. It is lazy on both counts. I am juggling whether he lacks any reads of his own because he is town who lacks confidence in his reads (see off the top of my head), or whether it's because he's scum struggling to fake scumhunting.

This is why I want to dialogue with him.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:01 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 311, MortFeld wrote: So you're voting Deimos because of gut, and because you're sheeping me?
Yes.
"all due respect, the words "Clemency" and "normal" do not belong in the same paragraph" - the worst
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Clemency »

@277

Because
MortFeld wrote: I am juggling whether he lacks any reads of his own because he is town who lacks confidence in his reads
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:09 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 313, Clemency wrote:
In post 311, MortFeld wrote: So you're voting Deimos because of gut, and because you're sheeping me?
Yes.
I am starting to scumread you. I understand that you're phoneposting, but can you at least put an effort into convincing me you're town? You've done zero scumhunting and your reads are just my reads from .

You can't sheep me re: Deimos when I haven't provided reasoning. That makes no sense.
In post 314, Clemency wrote:@277

Because
MortFeld wrote: I am juggling whether he lacks any reads of his own because he is town who lacks confidence in his reads
You aren't allowed to lack confidence at this point if you're town. Take a flarking leap of faith.

I scumread Xnad and gave a reason. You said "I scumread Xnad because of what Mort said." I scumread Deimos and didn't give a reason (on purpose, though I do have them). You said "I scumread Deimos because of gut and because Mort scumreads him."

When I don't provide a reason for the read you're sheeping, you still sheep it. It reads just like Xnad said - like you're scum who lacks real reads, so you copy the town guy's reads.

UNVOTE:

But please don't let this stop you from trying to convince me that you're town, if you're town.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:10 am

Post by MortFeld »

That's L-2.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:13 am

Post by MortFeld »

Let's start with a preliminary gimme question.

@Clem - you've said that you think I am town. Give me two other people you think are town also.

Unconnected but don't want to spam post; starting to scumread Xnad less. Deimos I need to talk more with.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:21 am

Post by Clemency »

In post 317, MortFeld wrote:Let's start with a preliminary gimme question.

@Clem - you've said that you think I am town. Give me two other people you think are town also.

Unconnected but don't want to spam post; starting to scumread Xnad less. Deimos I need to talk more with.
algebra and Zaraki.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:27 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 318, Clemency wrote:
In post 317, MortFeld wrote:Let's start with a preliminary gimme question.

algebra and Zaraki.
Why?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:33 am

Post by MortFeld »

Also, do you understand that sheeping me re: Deimos is not valid when I haven't presented a reason to scumread Deimos? You sheep reasoning, not a person. You only sheep a person if they're conftown, and I certainly am not.

Which makes your current vote on Deimos based on nothing more than gut - fair, but not when looked at alongside your Xnad scumread, and not when Deimos has actually done concrete, scummy things.
Clemency
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Clemency
any
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:39 am

Post by Clemency »

I feel like replacing out of this game, so someone competent can go defending it instead, since I'm just not finding the motivation but I also don't want to hinder the town.
Would you mind if I did?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:49 am

Post by MortFeld »

In post 321, Clemency wrote: Would you mind if I did?
Kinda, yes.

Your reason for replacing out is lack of motivation, but that doesn't add up. You are saying things and all I am doing is asking you to justify them, this doesn't take a particularly high amount of motivation unless you have to make up reasons.

Also, replacing out doesn't really help town. The effort required to find a replacement, have them read the thread, and have the town interact with them to start sorting your slot and not just you, is infinitely higher than the effort required for you to not look like lazy scum.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:50 am

Post by MortFeld »

But nobody can stop you from replacing out if you have to. I'm just saying that lack of motivation isn't really a reason when what's being asked of you isn't particularly huge, and helping the town isn't really a reason when a replacement could be bad for town.
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:51 am

Post by MortFeld »

And, if you're scum, replacing out when pressure starts to mount is positively disgusting play.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”