Newbie 1761: Welcome to Mafia (Game Over)

Equinox
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Equinox
he/they
Shot Count
Shot Count
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Equinox »

Vote Count 1.20algebra (3) - PenguinPower, XnadrojX, ArcAngel9
Deimos27 (2) - MortFeld, Zaraki_Jaegerjaquez
ArcAngel9 (1) - algebra
JR (1) - Deimos27
XnadrojX (1) - Nachomamma8

Not Voting (1) - JR

With 9 votes in play, it will take 5 to lynch.

The deadline is Tuesday, December 13, 2016, at 9:00 PM EST (UTC-5), which is in (expired on 2016-12-13 21:00:00).

Moderator CommentsDeimos27 is on V/LA from December 8 to December 13.
PenguinPower is on V/LA from December 10 to December 12.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 2:58 pm

Post by algebra »

VOTE: Deimos
Some things came up and I will be busy tomorrow so I might not be able to gel achieve a lynch.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by algebra »

In post 499, Nachomamma8 wrote:Skimming to the end, but not willing to vote Deimos today.

Will vote algebra, will vote Xnad, not yet townreading Arc, but she's an easy enough read when she's given time that lynching her today isn't in town's best interest.
Why would you vote me?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

Mort, I don't think that there's any way in hell that Deimos votes you in that position as scum. It's clear that you're the only person in this game who is care and is willing to drive, which means that scum will not attempt to mislynch you. I don't remember his early Zaraki treatment, but I'll glance at it later when (if) I have the time to do so; if you want me to address interactions with you that seem off to you please talk to me about them a little more in depth, and as for the last point:
In post 394, MortFeld wrote:-His vote on me was terrible, and he showed that he knew this by quickly unvoting and jumping to Clemency. I'd venture that he didn't require too much convincing that I'm town, though I do wonder what the scum motivation for the vote was. This is what I was trying to piece together by talking to him, but he's disappeared which, while it alone is not AI, doesn't help me scumread him less.
terrible because, he compared a reads list I made (fark reads lists) many posts back with an association he forced out of me and said "INCONSISTENT! EXPLAIN THIS, SCUM!" without asking me a single specific question and refusing to justify his scum case when I started shooting it down. The last part in addition to the unvote implies that he didn't even think his reasons were good - town who unovted in this position would at least say something like 'Wow, I thought I had a case but you've shown me I might be wrong.' Instead, Deimos said 'Mort and Clemency are a scumteam, vote Clemency.'
I don't think it's fair to say that he knew his vote was terrible by his quick retraction of it; the logic he laid out for retracting it was that he thought you-Clem was a team and that mislynching you was a bigger loss than mislynching Clem (I don't really disagree with this logic). He pretty clearly didn't say that he was convinced that you were town so I'm not sure what that's referring to, but, you're right, there's no real scum motivation to vote you at that point. He's not getting you mislynched at this point, there's no reason that him pushing you will improve his overall position in any way (Xnad attacked you and didn't get townread for it so why would he??).
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

-- Fate, Vanilla Townie, was brutally stabbed by a throwing sword in endgame.
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:03 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 502, algebra wrote:
In post 499, Nachomamma8 wrote:Skimming to the end, but not willing to vote Deimos today.

Will vote algebra, will vote Xnad, not yet townreading Arc, but she's an easy enough read when she's given time that lynching her today isn't in town's best interest.
Why would you vote me?
I'm not townreading you. I haven't found any reason to townread you.
I'm townreading Deimos.

If you'd like, you can make both of us happy and put a vote on Xnad; you survive the day and I get my top scumread lynched.
"Playing with Nacho is like playing with a religious conservative." ~UncertainKitten

algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Post by algebra »

No I think I'm fine. A Deimos lynch would narrow down my scum set.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by ArcAngel9 »

Nacho - Lets go with algebra today, it will clear a lot of things. Xnadrox could be possible town. He can easily misinterpret but i could be wrong too, but i am postive at this moment because it is very unlikely for a newbie say I play really bad game disclaimer if they are playing as scum for first time. You know where i am coming from on this. right?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:23 pm

Post by algebra »

Arc want to answer my questions or just try to convince nacho to mislynch? What would a lynch on me clear?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 505, algebra wrote:No I think I'm fine. A Deimos lynch would narrow down my scum set.
While an Xnad lynch would narrow down the scumteam.

What do you think of my reasons for townreading Deimos? Where am I off base?

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 506, ArcAngel9 wrote:Nacho - Lets go with algebra today, it will clear a lot of things. Xnadrox could be possible town. He can easily misinterpret but i could be wrong too, but i am postive at this moment because it is very unlikely for a newbie say I play really bad game disclaimer if they are playing as scum for first time. You know where i am coming from on this. right?
Algebra isn't a bad lynch and I'll go there tomorrow afternoon if Xnad doesn't get a sudden influx of support.
I'm generally the patron saint of town tripping over their words and I'm not getting those vibes at all and so I'm pretty hard-pressed to let this go unless he does something that looks town for once.

algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by algebra »

I interpreted the Mort vote as newbscum. You're right if you interpret it as if Zaraki has more experience.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by algebra »

Nacho have you formed an opinion on Arc yet?
Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 510, algebra wrote:I interpreted the Mort vote as newbscum. You're right if you interpret it as if Zaraki has more experience.
I'm confused.

Nachomamma8
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Nachomamma8
Devil in the Details
Devil in the Details

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 4:57 pm

Post by Nachomamma8 »

In post 511, algebra wrote:Nacho have you formed an opinion on Arc yet?
Arc's one post didn't change my mind, no.

algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:10 pm

Post by algebra »

In post 512, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 510, algebra wrote:I interpreted the Mort vote as newbscum. You're right if you interpret it as if Zaraki has more experience.
I'm confused.
You said no scum would be stupid enough to vote mort. I think newbscum would, and I think zaraki is newbscum. If you think zaraki is not newbscum, your read is completely justified.

Have you read over my push on Arc?
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by MortFeld »

Work schedule is kicking my butt. Absolutely exhausted. Quick post today.
In post 503, Nachomamma8 wrote:Mort, I don't think that there's any way in hell that Deimos votes you in that position as scum. It's clear that you're the only person in this game who is care and is willing to drive, which means that scum will not attempt to mislynch you.
I'll cede this for today, mainly because of time.
In post 484, algebra wrote:During deep thought, I had an epiphany. Nacho is town because of something Cheetory said. I can't say why right now though.
Nah, you're not in a position to play this game. Share your epiphany please.
In post 487, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 265, MortFeld wrote:Case 1: he was contradictory about Deimos,⁶ and he tried to cover up this contradiction with bad reasoning. 144
From my understanding, the case that Xnad had is that Zaraki didn't clear up the issues from the case itself, which is complete garbage soup but different than what you're saying here. Is there something I'm missing in 144 or are you referring to a separate post?
You're right, footnote 6 isn't valid. Xnad said explicitly that being contradictory is NAI.

Odd that he didn't clear that up himself.
In post 493, Nachomamma8 wrote:I liked Deimos's vote on Mort; Mort is the universal townread in this game by leaps and bounds, don't really see the motivation for antagonizing the person who is the strongest driver at that point in the game.
It's not like he had any reason to avoid attention. The spotlight was already on him. Why couldn't he have tried to cast shade on me? I get that I am the universal townread but I don't see it as impossible that scum!Deimos, seeing that I was starting to suspect him, tried to embroil me in a conflict. This would be inconsistent with the quick unvote though... way too tired to puzzle this out.
In post 496, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 302, Deimos27 wrote:But you seem to know exactly which is the case in both situations, which is the discrepancy. So feel free to explain that.
Deimos is right that Mort's read of Clemency probably bumps down too much on a Deimos townflip. Wouldn't call it a "discrepancy" and wouldn't call it scummy, though.
I hate the idea of talking about scum teams on Day 1. I might just start refusing to do so.

Not going to unvote or vote anyone else right now. Need to look at the game with a fresh mind. Wish I could have dialogued more with Xnad tonight. Basically next step is to take a second look at Deimos re: Nacho's points and then case him if I still think he's scum.
Players I admire: Thor665, Lapsa, RC
MortFeld
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
MortFeld
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:28 pm

Post by MortFeld »

and confuse Zaraki with Deimos, which is annoying. If he actually means Zaraki, then yes I don't know what he's saying.
In post 514, algebra wrote: Have you read over my push on Arc?
I have. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it basically boils down to:
-Scumread you for something she also did
-Has made no game-advancing posts

Having played with Arc before, I'm inclined to agree with Nacho that she's not the right lynch today.
Players I admire: Thor665, Lapsa, RC
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:26 am

Post by algebra »

I can't go in depth about my epiphany, but it's the way Cheetory reacted to something that screams town to me.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:27 am

Post by algebra »

What makes her not the right lynch today?
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:31 am

Post by algebra »

Arc also seems like she's buddying, and just copying Mort's reads to be safe because he's widely townread. Also OMGUS, sheeping, and going for a mislynch.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:37 am

Post by algebra »

Oh sorry Nacho I was talking about Deimos's vote. Then I suppose you're correct. Let me reread nadroj and see what I can find.
algebra
algebra
Goon
algebra
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 12:48 am

Post by algebra »

Arc was just active on the site, but didn't post in this game. In the current game state, this can only be for two reasons.

1) Doesn't care who gets lynched.
2) Purposely avoiding the game and my questions.

Both of these are scummy imo.
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:18 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 519, algebra wrote:Arc also seems like she's buddying, and just copying Mort's reads to be safe because he's widely townread. Also OMGUS, sheeping, and going for a mislynch.
Are you seriously accusing me on this? the entire player list is appreciating mort's play. I have just finished a game with him and i know by gut he is more town because he is playing as pro-town. How is this is buddying with him? If I am buddying with him and there is a whole list of others who are buddying with him too.

In post 521, algebra wrote:Arc was just active on the site, but didn't post in this game. In the current game state, this can only be for two reasons.

1) Doesn't care who gets lynched.
2) Purposely avoiding the game and my questions.

Both of these are scummy imo.
I had a game to run as a mod and a game at lylo which doesn't require much time from me to make a single post but this game i was fallen behind and I needed time to catch up before i start posting something that helps this group.

You initially had a problem that i wasn't active, You wanted to hear me out and I am here and I shared my leads (unlike yours, they are much better)
Now I am active but you still want to focus on my inactivity which is no longer valid.

And If I dont care who is going to get lynched, why i am not placing my vote on Demois wagon when i know that looks like an easy wagon to hop on.

My vote is on you because you look way to scummy since the beginning to me. Its not OMGUS.
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c
i
e
n
t
g
o
d
s
w
a
r
l
o
r
d
s
a
n
d
k
i
n
g
s
a
l
a
n
d
i
n
t
u
r
m
o
i
l
c
r
i
e
d
o
u
t
f
o
r
a
h
e
r
o
S
h
e
w
a
s
X
e
n
a
a
m
i
g
h
t
y
p
r
i
n
c
e
s
s
f
o
r
g
e
d
i
n
t
h
e
h
e
a
t
o
f
b
a
t
t
l
e
T
h
e
p
o
w
e
r
t
h
e
p
a
s
s
i
o
n
t
h
e
d
a
n
g
e
r
H
e
r
c
o
u
r
a
g
e
w
i
l
l
c
h
a
n
g
e
t
h
e
w
o
r
l
d
-
Xena Warrior Princess, Coming Soon!!
ArcAngel9
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
ArcAngel9
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:19 am

Post by ArcAngel9 »

In post 513, Nachomamma8 wrote:
In post 511, algebra wrote:Nacho have you formed an opinion on Arc yet?
Arc's one post didn't change my mind, no.

So what's running on your mind about me love?
I
n
a
t
i
m
e
o
f
a
n
c